Very Important House

Papa Jhonen just posted an unseen clip
twitter.com/JhonenV/status/1139650058771546112
Will he leak the full pilot??

Also, IZ Movie hype is cool here too

Attached: 1475306448795.gif (500x281, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OFCiL7USHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imagine working years on a cartoon only for disney to keep it and never let anyone see it. At least Cartoon Network likes to release their pilots online.

Looks cute, is the character a boy or a girl?
I can't tell if that's eyelashes or face paint.

>jhonen referencing thanos
This is the most surreal thing ive seen all week

Jhonen refers to Frolie as "she" and "her" in a tweet replying to the clip.

A girl, named Frolie
Yeah, unfortunately Disney doesn't release pilots as a rule, even for shows that get greenlit.
I do hope Jhonen ends up doing what Katie Rice did with Camp W and just stealth-releases it himself but getting possibly blacklisted by Disney is a bigger deal than that happening with Viacom/Nick. Plus Rice owns the characters/IP for that (though not the short itself) while Vasquez can only get this show back if he pays the mouse half a million dollars.

Attached: tumblr_p480qpYL5P1tzh9fbo1_1280.jpg (606x586, 53K)

Attached: Very Important House clip.webm (1280x720, 1.96M)

Attached: tumblr_oj0e3eS1hb1u65zxlo1_1280.png (1000x1000, 363K)

Damn.

That looks cool.

lel.. so random

>Will he leak the full pilot??
God I hope so, pulling shit like this is absolutely terrible. Very Important House deserves to be released publicly.

Attached: tumblr_oit5c5tqg71ts3nfao1_1280.jpg (600x600, 66K)

Wasn't there another cartoon pitched to Disney around the same time called Douglas Fir, about a handyman or something?

quit lifting up my hopes jhonen. this looks so cool and its so sad that it probably will never be released, damm

Attached: good and pure.png (572x637, 127K)

>yet another girl and her animal sidekick cartoon
hmmmmmmm

This idea is like 8 years old, put it in to context

reminder that Tyson Hesse did storyboards for this

based Chad Hesse

Attached: 0D2D457C-ABB1-4BA0-9284-69B15A20142B.jpg (428x614, 40K)

Looks sort of like a mix of AT and Star vs to me, color and design wise.

I never fully realized, until this clip, the past ten years of creators and artists have just been trying to rip-off Jhonen's style of humor. Because I see this, and I think, "Man, this kind of comedy just feels like everything else that's been on since 2010". But that's just Jhonen, he's always been like that. It's just that it's been so fucking long since ZIM and now, that everyone who grew up with his shit is making their own toons.

ZIM still feels a lot different from any other cartoon made, and that might be due to the vast amount of collaboration on everyone's part and not just 100% Jhonen. Since the ZIM comics even feel slightly different from the ZIM show.

I think what kinda impresses me is how well even this little clip holds up despite being in the same style as 90% of animation (which in turn ripped off Jhonen's style). I think what Jhonen really got that few if any creators got was really how to play up those levels properly. It's not just DARK BEAT then happy sarcastic light beat!!!, Jhonen legit knows how to make a scene feel intense and serious so that there's actually tonal whiplash. And the moments that are happy and fun tend to be done in such a genuinely over the top way they come off as jarring and exhausting, which is, in itself, a good source of comedy. A lot of shows in the same style tend to settle more for lighthearted lol so randumb!!! humor with copious abuse of comedically derailing dark one-liners, sort of going things about the exact opposite way.

It's too bad this got canned. ZIM continues to remain JV's bread and butter like, 15 years later? I've never seen someone coast so hard on a show that was cancelled to the point where it's getting revived as a TV movie just because people want it so fucking bad.

Like, even Ben Edlund, as much as he rides The Tick's dick, had to get other jobs in between each series. What the fuck has JV been doing for all this time?

>What the fuck has JV been doing for all this time?
He’s been on various studios’ payroll for multiple development projects, VIH just got far enough into production to be made public - most projects in western animation die in development, and that goes for everything Jhonen’s attempted to do since Zim. VIH was worked on for half a decade and he got a healthy salary the whole time, and it still doesn’t have any material that will see the light of day unless he breaks contract and releases it himself.

Why does it look like a tumblr cartoon? What the fuck happened to Jhonen's unique style?

Just linking the other small part of the pilot for whoever hasn't seen it
youtube.com/watch?v=-OFCiL7USHY

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 7.25.47 PM.png (255x358, 130K)

This show was designed by Jenny Goldberg, who worked with him on Jellyfist and also on Rick & Morty (and possibly his gf, they’ve had a working relationship for over a decade but he’s not the type to make that public), but his own style has gotten softer and more rounded as well, he is not the edgy 20-something who made JTHM and Zim now, he likes cute stuff

Looks expensive as fuck to animate.

It’s a Titmouse show, if [as] can afford their services Disney most certainly can

>VIH was worked on for half a decade and he got a healthy salary the whole time
Like, just a pilot? Even if Disney bleeds money, how the hell does development for a single pilot get approved for five years? Usually after two years, a studio goes, "No, that's it, you're taking too long" and scrap it or change management.

Why does her leg glitch out in the last frame?

Titmouse are the ones making the D&D kickstarted show aren't they?

Beats me - Hannah Ayoubi got the same run-around from Nick for the same duration of time working on Monsters Abroad, and she was a first-time creator whose only credit was storyboarding on a show they considered a flop (and her project never got past a scoreless animatic) - the companies are so afraid of taking risks that they’ll bleed millions in development before they fully commit to (or reject) a project, the entire process has basically been focus-grouped to death

bump

>this thing you'll never get to see would've been awesome, just trust me!
>p.s. please think I'm cool!
Enough sucking of Jhonen's dick in this thread. All the existing clips screamed Adventure Time coattail-rider. Not to mention the tumblr OC character, right down to being excessively androgynous, right when that was the most trendy possible cliche.

Hell, that clip even has the kid doing the Flapjack :T face, just to look as generic as possible.

Jhonen could have made new comics, but he put time and effort into IZ because it's his cash cow. You can do as much wishful thinking as you like, but by all evidence, his creative wells have been long dry.

I think your right, but I still want to see the pilot to see if what you just said is confirmed

Attached: 1559518709401.jpg (599x357, 24K)

You seem to be implying that basing a character off Flapjack wouldn't be an improvement over current character designs....

gawsh that looks great I'm sad it never came out

To loosely quote Vasquez, it's apparently a "victory leg" to complement the up raised arms.