Why is Mortal Kombat's lore so damn good? Is it because of the intentionally comic book-y shit, or is it something else?

Why is Mortal Kombat's lore so damn good? Is it because of the intentionally comic book-y shit, or is it something else?

Attached: CelJaded-WIKA-Mortal-Kombat-0-1.jpg (1100x619, 85K)

how is it good?

>nostalgia
>movie
>techno song
>Scorpion
right in the feels

Mortal Kombat's lore is so incomprehensible it's going into its second reboot

Just like my American comic books!

Attached: otacon-metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty-6.63.jpg (210x240, 11K)

>Mortal Kombat's lore is so incomprehensible it's going into its second reboot

It just did though. MK11's ending just wiped the slate totally clean.

Outworld is really cool

That's what I mean

Hasn't happened yet since we don't know what the next game will be about exactly but pretty damn likely it's another reboot

Can't be a reboot if its another timeline

Attached: cant_if_you.jpg (359x359, 25K)

Not really, they rebooted it for the causals i knew exactly what happened.
iconic characters
good music
decent story

tobias and boon are genuinely good worldbuilders, and they know which things to rip off from

I like how everything counts. Little things matter in the grand scheme and they come back later and end up being relevant.

>this lore is so good
>hey let's just throw all the development we gave for the cast from 9 to X out of the window by literally replacing them with earlier versions
>let's also try to give one of these replacements a big triumph moment with kitana beating daddy kahn to become the new queen of outworld
>wait nevermind we're doing yet another reboot and she has to stay in the edge of forever to make that happen
>oopsie

I can see why they did it but they implemented it so poorly a random user coulda have done better

Tell this poor user the complete lore of MK. Don't hold back and don't forget any juicy details.

Whats to know? A tournament is held on Earth every 100 years to determine its fate. People participate for a variety of reason, from riches, to fame, power, immortality or just trying to save the earth.
Every Character has their own unique story that intersects either indirectly or directly with everyone else. You'd better served just pointing to a character and telling me which you want to know about.

Attached: mortal-kombat-characters.jpg (900x563, 157K)

Kitana finally got revenge, and then they fridged her? What the fuck

So like comics?

that's not what fridging is

A reboot was necessary because the last reboot was a fucking mess.

Media needs to stop doing this DC Crisis/AbramsTrek "It's not a fresh start, it's time travel, the old stuff is half canon and half not" half-assing bullshit.

They fucked over a female character for purposes of plot convenience. It's not the original definition of fridging, but it's still the same idea.

>every 100 years

With some VERY generous give or take. Maybe we'll host it 100 years, maybe we'll host it next week, who knows?

I never understood this. When Sub-Zero came back to life he got his full human body back. So why wasn't Jax full restored?

yikes

because different people wrote different things mostly. sub-zero getting uncyborg'd was done in the mkx comic.

the same comic had completely different names for scorpion's dead wife and kid. that's the level of NRS plot coordination.

Quan Chi created their bodies when he resurrected them as revenants. He made Sub-Zero fully human because the cyberninja tech made him actively worse.

Jax, on the other hand, is legit stronger with cyborg arms than he would be with human ones.

100 years is the standard, apparently the reason why they were able to hold it ever other week was legal fuckery on Shang Tsung's part and because after 1000 of years of being its grand master he developed a fetish for tournaments.

Kitana got saved by her husbando and is kurrently remaking reality with/being impregnated by liu kang, how is that being fridged

>sub-zero getting uncyborg'd was done in the mkx comic.

The way it happens in the comic is inconsistent, but the game does demonstrate its own version of how Quan remakes their bodies. Remember the veiny copy of Johnny rising out of the blood pool in his lab?

Netherealm is full of bigots, both noob and quan chi are racist and sexist

Why does everyone keep saying 100 years? It's canonically 50. It's always been 50.

Goro had a 10 win streak for 500 years. 500 divided by 10 is fucking 50. A character says "Every fifty years" out loud in Deception Konquest too.

you're right user my bad

Fifty years, or the bad guys do shit anyway cause they're bad guys and Shao Khan hasn't been the uncontested ruler of NetherRealm for longer than human civilization has existed by respecting the rules.