Gunnerkrigg Court

Chapter 71: Page 27

More basic stuff.

Attached: 00002161.jpg (600x849, 220K)

Oh god, Forest Annie will eventually go back to her timeline and the most interesting part of the comic will end.

Lot of really good Kat faces on this page.

If this way any other author I would be on the edge of my seat.
But Tom knows how to disappoint.

Kat may very well ask Salsamel to send her back
With any luck he'll tell her to" fuck off, you're stuck with her now" and we'll be safe

MORE
NOTHING

And this is how they get rid of one of the Annies.

kat's hair is pretty :)

Three Annies
Three Jokers
Three Stooges

ONE zimy

Attached: lil zim.jpg (468x702, 86K)

No zimy

Attached: flavortown.png (286x265, 98K)

stop it, i hate this

>No, I'm saying there's a timeline where Annie never existed. Turns out life is better for literally everyone.

>An universe with no Antimony
Why did tom chose to show us this shitty timeline instead of the perfect one?

fug

Attached: hurmf.jpg (669x596, 34K)

Attached: spaghetti and meatballs.jpg (268x279, 24K)

I wonder if there is a dimension in which Boxbot is not disappointing.

Reminder that Tom is working on a comic book about Zimmy RIGHT NOW about all her really cool adventures

Kat is SO attractive!
Paz is a lucky lady!

In another dimension, this comic is actually good!

>a world without annie fucking shit up
their war was over a few hours afterward.

In another dimension it's all about ZIMMY and Yea Forums has daily Zimmy threads where everyone draws really great pictures of her doing all the cool things she likes to do

>alternate timelines
Aaaand there goes it, I'm officially done with this comic.

No. For such a dimension to exist, someone would have to want that. And no one wants that.

Where are Noir Annie, WeebAnnie and BoyAnnie?

the more I look at it the more I appreciate this as a reaction image

having unprotected sex so they can bring more annies into the world

Manny died shortly after beginning attendance at GKC when he jizzed out all of his fire soul masturbating furiously

Why do you so strongly dislike such a pretty Zimmy?

>Into the Annieverse

I want the black annie!

I want boy Annie.
nohomo

That is the definition of homosexuality!

Attached: 1465521170698.jpg (181x182, 10K)

Not if he's a trap.
I'm picturing a cute trap Annie.

Also, I said no homo, genius.

>We'll lose double Annie eventually
fuck you Tom

Thank you for explaining and also complimenting me!

Attached: wATER TRIBE.jpg (190x253, 38K)

Tom grew bored of the Annies after doing basically nothing with them.
Sad!

You're welcome, bro.

What if one of them actually dies

>alternate timelines

Attached: 1459984874523.png (476x246, 61K)

Doubtful

alternate timelines are fun, get the stick out of your ass

alternate timelines are the hack writer's go-to for writing out of corners or a lack of ideas
they are the absolute and inevitable bane of every story they touch that isn't, from page one, purely a time travel story
they're not interesting, they introduce more problems than they solve, and they're almost always poorly defined
this was a poor idea

alternate timelines are fun, get the stick out of your ass

it's true, I pulled it out of my ass!

So forest Annie will eventually go back to her timeline and double-Annie will be over
Damn. Disappointing.

Okay.
What is your proposed alternative?
Why is everyone saying that?

Two Annies with no resolution. They just both exist now. Is it that hard to just leave an interesting plot point be without having to fix it?

Tom's not going to basically do what Rick and Morty did with the main character abandoning the original universe entirely. He'll send her back for sure.

Wait, what?
What about the alternate timeline explanation guarantees a resolution? It doesn't guarantee a resolution any more or less than any other explanation.
Also, you didn't give an alternative at all, so fuck off with your retarded ranting.
I mean, maybe, but at that point you're just complaining about a hypothetical scenario.

Annie won't be able to just put aside that people around her aren't her real friends and family, and that her genuine ones have no idea what happened to her. She'll want to return.

>What is your proposed alternative?
That there doesn't need to be one any more complicated than Loup did it because he is Loup

Fucking this. Having everyone not understand and just have to live with some bullshit that Coyote/Loup dumped on their heads was great. Explaining it at all takes away from it and a multiple timelines explanation is one of the worst Tom could have chosen.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like hack writing at all.

Sure, but there's nothing that says that she can return or that you wouldn't want her to return if that time ever comes, because Tom managed to make it very compelling.
Have some trust in Tom. Otherwise, why are you reading this comic?
It just sounds to me like you got yourself into a mindspace where you've managed to prevent yourself from being satisfied with whatever Tom does with the story, just out of spite or whatever.
That's fine, if you keep it to yourself, but these past few threads you guys have just been dragging down the mood with your depressed edgy teenager attitude.

It's Eng Game all over again.

Fantastic

F4NTASTIC

Those guys aren't in Endgame!

Eng Game

It's not because it doesn't create a situation where you can create your own parameters to suddenly get the story to the point you need it to be.

I don't think time travel is inherently hacky but unless you layout the rules very early on there's a very high chance its consequences will feel cheap or worse, leave the audience feeling disconnected from the characters they previously cared about. See: homestuck

Is that the British version of Endgame, where they got the fantastic 4 and x-men?

I hope you aren't implying that having a trickster god fuck with people for shits and giggles is hack writing.

I'm implying that
>It's magic, I ain't gotta explain it
is hack writing.

it's being explained literally right now

Yeah? Exactly?
I think this response chain kinda escaped you there for a little, buddy.

zimmy

Crisis of infinite Annies is happening.

>Exposition: The Chapter
When will it finally be over, so we can continue with more exciting stuff?

Attached: unimpressed-turtle.jpg (1440x900, 995K)

The problem is Kat, saddly, Since Tom gave her a girlfriend, she's not "the other half of the story" with Annie.(would be the same with a BF).
Annie herself really suffered from losing that second person in her life. She's less and less the main character of the show, merely holding the camera for us viewers.

Attached: 1872657310.png (218x256, 110K)

why did he design such cute waifus and use them in like three pages

You know, despite your pretentious interpretation of what this comic is or should be about, other readers might just enjoy it as a story.

>b.b.but I LIKE IT OK
who's pretentious there? You literally dismiss everything based on your feelings. This is what pretentious means. All ego, no argument.

No it's not.
And I'm not dismissing anything, you're tho one making unsubstantiated nonsense claims.
>not "the other half of the story"
because ... uhh, girlfriend? iunno
>she's less and less the main character
then who is?

He wants us to suffer.

>Time travel and alternate universes

no no nononono, time travel is a fucking plot killer! This is the end of gunnerkrigg.

You know, to be quite honest, I would have preferred if Court Annie was a fake clone with implanted memories, but you faggots are sperging out so much about how you hate this for the most retarded reasons that you're making it impossible for me to defend that opinion.

Okay so basically
>one of the things she's supposed to recover is gonezo
>Kat is a massive dipshit and signed a cosmic contract without signing it
Who else is on the "This entire timeline is burning down, forest Annie gets drawn back to her proper timeline, and the necklace she got from herself will be 'super duper touching' while she uses her amazing future knowledge to tell Kat not to click accept on Terms and Services without reading" train?

While that would be pretty basic and terrible and obviously isn't gonna happen, it would confirm that the timeline without Annie is the better timeline and I want it just for that and to piss off the sperg anons.

I like how this entire chapter is just cosmic bureaucracy

Me too, it's very gunnerkrigg.

People don't appreciate the slow burn of gunnerkrigg enough.
Other comics would have covered this on 2 pages with a wall of text. Gunnerkrigg gives you enough time to digest everything properly.

why the blind out of place shilling? It's not like there's a contest anymore for that comic to win.

What the fuck are you talking about?

oh shit you don't know about the competition

>shilling
>because you dislike something someone else does
maybe just get out of the thread if you don't actually want to discuss the comic

Her collar looks like spearminterpreter

imaa, it's time for you to do....THAT.

THAT? ;)

Yes....THAT!

I’m ONLY okay with this bullshit if they end up kissing

You wouldn't want me to do THAT!

shit as always, imma
even when you just only post, it's shit as always

oh dear

Seriously, though, what do you mean by 'that'?

>This is what pretentious means.
Look up the dictionary definition of "pretentious", retard
There is no colloquial meaning of pretentious, by the way, besides "i don't like thing and i want to use big word" so don't bother

normally I'd agree, but now there is no other option than to do...THAT.

What is THAT?

>look in the dictionary! o wait no I don't like what I'm reading. NOTHING COUNTS
>yeah that works better now
retard.

but she's a brony thot user

What are these Naruto characters doing in the thread?

>he doesn't know

Ah, I see...

I've been wanting to finish SOMETHING.
I'm not sure if that SOMETHING is THAT thing you are referring to, but if it is, I am trying to get back to it. I've just had a lot of difficulties drawing anything recently.

I don't.

GCfags are a cancer

This is a cosmic bureaucracy bait and switch though. They teased us with it and then resolved it immediately. Where are the forms signed in triplicate? Where's the getting directed to five different offices looking for the right form? Where are the rude secretaries and agonizing wait times?
Very disappointing. I still like toothpaste ghost tho.

show the pixiv imma

Well, I see...it can't be helped...time to do...THAT

imagine if Zimmy lived in your house and was completely dependent on you and needed your permission to buy things

imagine zimmy

of course, all as you wished for us to do, to lay the groundwork for...THAT.
As expected of imaa!