Unsounded

Greatest wright in centuries.

Attached: ch14_56[1].jpg (600x900, 255K)

>still no niggers
I am disappoint

Why are his eyes glowing?

Don't you see the lightning all around him? Clearly it's the Quickening.

He's still casting. Thats 'electric' aspect in his hand and he's still sensing the lines through the plats.

Did he just kill some plat kids?

Toasted them like a marshmallow
Problem is killing the rest before they fry him back

>scouts see no one
They're being played. Those are junk spells from the rebels' junkest casters, I'll bet their real wrights are waiting for Duane and kids to expose themselves

What does "junk" spells mean? Duane said he can't sense the spells but he's never asked the kids just what KIND of spells the enemy's using to DDoS them. What if they're actually some kind of massing attack?

It would be super clever of them to send an attack piecemeal, disguising it as khert busywork. I think that's the thing Duane's overlooking.

the idea is spamming spells that aren't actually accomplishing anything useful just to agitate the Khert with the goal of reaching a Mogul number high enough to make it impossible for enemy wrights to cast without the pymary exploding in their faces or the Khert blasting them from existence

But if it turned out what you're proposing is the case, that'd be super neat

So what makes a junk spell junk?

>switch the blue and grey aspect of two rocks then back again
>pull the heat aspect out of the air to make fog then push it into the ground to puff the fog up
>pull the solid out of dirt to make it dust then put it back to make mud clods
Just any random bullshit that doesn't really do anything but push aspects around

I'm sure it could be anything, it's just junk because it's not accomplishing anything in particular, just being used for spam

Not useful, Like if they just keep swapping the colors of nearby objects in order to agitate the khert and make the plats useless.

Counting on this being just before we get that panel of a devastated looking Duane and Claggart so obviously some shit is gonna go super ass wrong
They don't SEE anyone so now I'm better that they get Viet Cong'd and Foi-Hellick's forces are gonna burst out of an ogre tunnel beneath them

I assume whatever it is that happens, it's not gonna be because Duane was too overzealous and screwed up. He still is ultimately a respected war hero in present time.

still holding fast on my prediction that Lem will be presumed pepsi

I really appreciate that Claggart is being a reasonable fucking officer and taking a warning like this super seriously. Scouts not seeing shit isn't enough to call off an alert that important.

An interesting idea, but even then, I think Duane's doing the right thing here. He's properly warning everyone so that even if they get viet conged, they are all aware and ready to fight; Instead of getting caught with their pants down. Plus, he's doing what actually makes people war heroes, quick thinking that saves allied lives. Even if these were just worthless wrights junking up the khert, being able to remove that threat and possibly dull enemy momentum is huge. Plus, if they can keep the Mogul number down low enough, they can still cast and be helpful even after the enemy wrights are dead.

I don't think the enemy will be employing real wrights though. If they were already trying to junk up the khert, that hurts them as much as it hurts Duane's team, since it makes them inoperable as well. This sort of DDoS attack only seems like it'd be useful if the enemy has a substantial caster advantage over you. Disguising small parts of a bigger project as junk spells, though, that could be a good idea.

>Let’s dial it down a bit, Duane. I know you love pymary but you’re cranked up to like an eleven here. Have a lovely weekend, readers! Slay your enemies!

>-Ashley

Claggart is gonna tell them that those were their guys digging a latrine.

Digging a latrine with pymary in a warzone sounds a bit like using grenades.

Child murderer Duane on full blast

I'd bank on the downside here being a moral consequence rather than a tactical one, personally. As said, Duane is decently well-respected after this, which he wouldn't be if his hubris got the force decimated.
However, he's very much seemed sheltered from the real horrors of war this far. Killing a group of kids would sober him up, and honestly make sense.

So he used one of the aspects he got shipped some panels ago, do those things last for multiple uses or is he gonna use another one?

>haha, gottem

Ignore my blind ass, look closer and you can see he's crushed it like the fire aspect charge he used on the river in the present

So he'd have to have/use another to get more aspect like that if he uses up all of the electric juice in this cast. He could be holding some back for another attack though

He'd mentioned he had to put in a special request for the zappy stuff, but I wonder if there's any actual advantage to using it in this situation over anything else or if it was just the closest / most flashy.

He did say they need to work fast before the wrights can counter-attack. Can't get much faster that pure concentrated electricity

He has the power of god and anime on his side.

Man with plat lads: "I'm growing stronger every day"

This was posted as a comment on the previous page.

>A less likely but still possible outcome is that they're so busy and distracted with trying to target the underground wrights that the other bad guys with swords have enough time to spill out of whatever nearby hole they're waiting in and start shanking them.

Wouldn't be too notable except Ashley replied:
>You're closer with your "less likely" outcome. Duane can account for the smoke eels, he's very skilled. But there's a follow-up question he should have asked on this page, and he didn't ask it.

>But there's a follow-up question he should have asked on this page, and he didn't ask it
Did he remember to turn off the oven before he joined the army?

First he destroys one of their aspect supplies, then he gets his crew past their line-mines, and now he's thwarting a "safe" DDoS attack by killing their wrights. I wonder if Duane will personally encounter Roger this chapter. I wonder what they would say to each other.

Also, I don't like how Duane's taking the time to laugh and gloat here. The enemy wrights are probably plats, and can easily strike back. It's not like a useful killing spell won't also agitate the khert for their duress attack.

Plats led by the GREATEST WRIGHT IN CENTURIES vs plats led by stoopids.

Duane is super fuckable here.

>here
Has Duane ever not been super fuckable?

Attached: IMG_20190614_104633.jpg (434x237, 52K)

Attached: Oh Ssael did I leave the oven on again.jpg (620x453, 85K)

For pretty much all of the comic, yeah, on account of being a hopefully dickless rotting corpse pymaric everywhere except flashbacks.

that's because you're not living in ashley's magical realm.

Attached: 1499541036105.png (313x260, 41K)

Attached: bootfaceDuaneBestDuane.jpg (789x458, 107K)

Oi what's that from.

Attached: Greatest wright in centuries.png (600x616, 184K)

That's the stuff.

Attached: 1548661860811.jpg (500x501, 53K)

Does her magical realm involve dick rot? I had no idea.

The underground fuckers are plats? Plats shouldn't fight one another.

We have such sights to show you.

Attached: 1541725201551.png (451x451, 798K)

It's a civil war bruh

Who's to say they're plats? All they're doing is flinging worthless spells back and forth, no special khert connection required for that.

CHILD MURDER WHEN

Attached: IMG_20190614_135014.jpg (600x462, 149K)

>sette.jpg

They are threatening with magic outside of Duane's range to reach them without Plat assistance.
They are plats.

They aren't targeted Duane, they're just casting junk spells to agitate the Khert. They're not necessarily Plats. Duane's main worry about a counterattack is if they use the same khertlines that Duane is using, the ones being stabilized by HIS Plats.

Just a whole bunch of simple, basic spells that can be spammed at range by Plats, specifically to agitate the Khert.
Think whispering nonsense into the ear of someone trying to concentrate until they lose it.

Attached: AC50D2FB-2997-4C0C-BCA6-C87A88C25EBC.png (458x496, 16K)

Duane almost makes me wish I was gay
He's too perfect a character as is to wish he was a girl instead, but he's got everything I like in a sorceress waifu type

Just fuck his daughter oh wait

That picture of Mikaila as an adult wright was honestly pretty hot. I appreciate Cope's husbandos, but seeing drawings like that made me wish she would give more waifus.

Oh, one day there will be more waifus than you know what to do with. The story just wound up back-ended with them, strangely.

Why don't you wish that you were a girl instead?

Back-end heavy waifus?
I'm interested

I will never give up the standing piss

they make something for that

HERE WE ARE, BORN TO BE KINGS

>the Dragon Ball Z fanfic was actually a Highlander crossover fanfic the whole time
whoa

Gold star