/shelf/

Post/discuss recent purchases, shelves, collections, current reading, etc.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/ (known to manhandle books with bad packaging)
instocktrades.com/ (worldwide shipping, often has sales)
mycomicshop.com (worldwide shipping)
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
ebay.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you should buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery address outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)
booktopia.com.au (AUS/NZ, free shipping if referral by Booko)

Price Comparison website(s):
booko.us/
booko.com.au/

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

Attached: 1550851448635.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kyL28bZzXHo
youtube.com/watch?v=c3URKNyGBsI
amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PT38Z1G/
ebay.com/itm/Immortal-Hulk-1-1st-Print-BAR-CODE-ERROR-ISSUE-RARE/163737846320?hash=item261f894230:g:Fw8AAOSw~epdBm1v&LH_BIN=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine all the comics you could box in that

boxman heaven

Any books y'all are looking to collect next? Definitely gonna shoot for Denny O'Neil's Question, JM Dematteis' Spectacular Spider-Man, and The 'Nam next since I finished my Jonah Hex collection.

Attached: 20190613_195521.jpg (1240x2445, 678K)

As I wrap up getting everything I want from 90s Image and Chaos I will probably start getting serious about Crossgen and Valiant. I already have most of the big dollar Valiant books, I started collecting Valiant a decade ago but put them on pause.

Ordered a bunch of stuff this month, just 1/3 of it.

I just want to finish up some collections B.P.R.D. 100 bullets .

Attached: 1550871295053.jpg (2712x3672, 3.65M)

Still waiting for the black beetle

Attached: IMG_20190609_100456_987.jpg (2160x2700, 1.75M)

organized my shelf in a different order. Went Mignolaverse because that's mostly what I collect then everything else organized alphabetically.

Attached: IMG_20190613_183445_611.jpg (2160x2700, 1.73M)

Attached: IMG_20190602_142116_987.jpg (2413x2160, 1.31M)

Attached: IMG_20190602_142202_469.jpg (2637x2160, 1.48M)

Attached: IMG_20190613_201546_708.jpg (2880x2160, 1.92M)

Attached: IMG_20190609_100354_529.jpg (2757x2160, 1.74M)

Started buying Immortal Hulk. I was a fool for sleeping on this one.

All my interesting stuff to have come in the last week (have the Elektra omni in the mail atm). Yellow and Afterlife were both freebies since they were beaten up in shipping. That's one good thing about Australia; stores usually won't make you send back damaged items for a refund because shipping is so expensive here.

Attached: IMG_1021.jpg (3264x1925, 1.46M)

>recent purchases
Super Sons omni
Silver Age Green Lantern omni vol 1
Batgirl Beyond Burnside and Summer of Lies
Justice League International omni

Thinking about getting the Dark Phoenix saga and Morrison batman and Blackest Night omni

That's some 10/10 taste right there

Thanks!

Attached: 1560400629175.jpg (660x527, 89K)

These sweet things arrived.
I want to get a lot of books of Frederik Peeters and Mathieu Bablet . But I need to learn French first. So maybe I'll get Lastman for translation practice.

Attached: embrace the weirdness.jpg (1600x1200, 214K)

bumpity

does anyone have both the jojo JJN and the new FMA HC? i wanna see how big they are compared to each other, i saw the JJN's in a store the other day and they were pretty huge but i couldn't find any copies of the FMA books

Attached: 438D54CB-2138-4446-AE58-89757775A8E0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.88M)

Welp, I guess this more or less confirms Vertigo being shut down? I'd wager Sandman Universe will go under Black Label now too

Attached: vertigof.jpg (790x612, 102K)

How's the quality of the doctor strange epic collection? I've heard some pretty mixed things about it

Noice I wanted to get into McKeever for the longest time but those hardcover prices put me down a little.

They are about the same size.

Nice, I want to get that Metropol collection myself but it looks WAY better in color, IMO

Well, custom binding is always an option. Maybe someday I'll collect epic's floppies and do one myself.

Yeah already been thinking down that route. The HC doesn't collect the original Eddy Current Mignola backups either, so there's even more incentive to custom bind the originals

I wonder why the Vertigo shutdown.
Sales down from more popular Vertigo titles being long finished so they need to be called "DC____" for association?
Is it some changes in business policy that requires a whole new company title?

They're just not going to do those kinds of comics anymore. All of the stuff that is in the DC Universe has left Vertigo long ago, leaving just creator owned shit. And DC isn't interested in continuing it since they haven't had a hit in a decade at this point.

>what is something on your /shelf/ that no one ever mentions?
>Have you ever got a book that was damaged beyond repair from Amazon, IST, or eBay?

Attached: 374BFF49-C086-4B31-B630-2BE489C37946.jpg (3127x1451, 2.26M)

Are you ever going to display that wolverine frame

I want to get french comics, but all the ones I can find are translated. Do you know where I can find “beautiful darkness” in French?

Jolies ténèbres on french or canadian amazon. Don't know about physical stores.

Latest. Red Ultramarine was fantastic. Fior never disappoints me.
Didn't realize that Judenhass was public domain. The copy I bought has terribly up-ressed jpegs for the cover. Good art, but I was sad to see that it doesn't look like Dave hand-lettered it.

>different spine for the Image Copra collections
Oh, I hate that.

Maybe those Crepax books. They're expensive though.

Attached: 20190611_161533.jpg (1200x715, 579K)

What do you Vampibros think of the new Red Sonja crossover ongoing announced yesterday?

I think it sounds interesting. I read both characters so i'll likely pick up the first issue.

Is some /toy/ related stuff welcome as well?

Attached: 16B1D2DF-E419-46E0-A698-6517791E05E2.jpg (2346x3130, 1.84M)

Attached: BD90223A-D2B4-4BEB-A8DB-8180FD099650.jpg (3264x2448, 1.59M)

Is that corto maltese?
Tbh I kind of dislike comic/movie statuettes, but good taste.

Why the fuck does IST take a fucking week to tell you that an item is out of stock? Can't they just fucking hurry it up so it's not adding insult to injury?

No one is going to shame you for buying totems to ward off girls. Not here.

>Have you ever got a book that was damaged beyond repair from Amazon, IST, or eBay?
I never had someone on eBay who shipped a damaged book, at worst the books were placed in a flat-rate envelope. I had amazon send me an art book which came in a heavily damaged box, but with two air bubble packing material. The book itself was okay.

Recently bought a Barbarella comic, and the person said he was going to ship me a free comic along with it. It turned out to be JLD in floppies.

Attached: 2019-06-14 12_opt.jpg (900x656, 139K)

today the chog man joins with the government to become

CHOG MAN & THE MAN

>also if anyone wants a signed kickstarter tony chu statue please tell the invisible chog follwoing you guys around or reply to this post i've got one to sell

Attached: 20190614_131823.jpg (2268x4032, 1.3M)

uk anons is it possible to get these stor-folio case things here at all? all i can find are american sellers

Does it work to scan a comic cover while the book is bagged?

have you tried ebay

Recent pick ups:
Devilman Classic Collection hardcover 2-Go Nagai
The Underwater Welder-Jeff Lemire
Gideon Falls volume 1: The Black Barn-Jeff Lemire
Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome-Peter Miligan

Yes.
Thanks, this is the only one I have.

that was the only place i could find them and the only one being sold locally is a walking dead one

Different user, but do you know of any french comic websites? Especially second hand ones? There are a few Sky Doll figurines I'd like to buy and I'm having a hell of a time finding them, and I always like buying prints and art.

Pretty neat. That's from Chew right? Been on my list for a while.

For some reason, I've found myself wanting to start a comic badge collection, but I only have Dredd and Zootopia for now.

yes it's a proto type badge you got from the kickstarter at 250 dollars there's like 5 of them i think.

i had to buy a statue with it but i've put it up on ebay so i'm hoping to sell it quick since it's signed by the creator of chew.

>buying comics
>but not reading them

>projecting this hard
whatever helps you cope with being a thief, right?

*sips*

Attached: 214.jpg (300x100, 26K)

for anyone collecting the IDW Corto Maltese editions, they finally solicited Ballad of the Salty Sea after all that legal hassle with that shitty edition

Would like to know about second hand book market myself. Websearch shows fnac and bdnet. May recomend you my fav publishers tanibis.net and label619.com.

I should bother to get Requiem.
Also to read Requiem.

Did I imagine a PAD Hulk omnibus being announced? I've never read Hulk and wanted to give that run a try, and I could have sworn it was in a solicits thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=kyL28bZzXHo

>>what is something on your /shelf/ that no one ever mentions?
Every single book. My shelf rarely gets replies, other than comments on my sparse Funko Pops.
But that's okay!
Thankfully not. I have sent something back to Amazon before, and HPB once sold me a "new" book that was definitely not new. It was a sealed omnibus, but the front of the dust jacket was used as a bookmark about halfway through the pages, which caused it to rip.
I also had to glue together a slipcase for a book that came broken from Amazon. It was simple enough and is probably glued better than the factory did in the first place now, but they definitely out that in the box broken like that.

It's not much but
Valid until 11:59pm PT on June 17, 2019

Attached: 1551493190929.jpg (540x824, 87K)

So will DC still own the the name Vertigo?

MUH DICK

JONAH HEX: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
>written by MICHAEL FLEISHER, JOHN ALBANO and others
>art by TONY DeZUNIGA, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ and others
>new cover by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ

>One of the greatest and most memorable Western characters in comics, Jonah Hex rode the high plains in search of vengeance and justice in these 1970s stories collected here for the first time. A former Confederate soldier, Hex traveled from town to town helping those in need, stopping evildoers but often exacting a high price. Collects adventures from ALL-STAR WESTERN #10-11, WEIRD WESTERN TALES #12-14 and 16-38, JONAH HEX #1-17 and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #159-160.
>ON SALE 05.06.20
>$125.00 US | 7.0625” x 10.875”
>888 PAGES | FC
>ISBN: 978-1-7795005823

Attached: hexhc.jpg (914x1400, 434K)

o::::::::::::

I started Fables and want more fairy tale comics. Is Grimm Fairy Tales mostly just cheesecake or is it actually good? And are there any nice hardcover collections

Attached: MAY063495.jpg (450x690, 82K)

how long do all those paperbacks have to live?

Reposting last weekend haul
I don't think i have any book that stands out that much, but i felt personally offended when i found that there's another W.I.T.C.H guy and never complimented my HC
My experience with Amazon so far is ok, as for ebay is not really Yea Forums, but i bought a GBA that got stuck in customs, not the sellers fault though

Attached: Sin título.jpg (1463x1570, 531K)

Do you mean the intact of the glue on spine? If it is of a cheap quality badly assembled from the start, it is going to fall apart in your hands right after purchase. Other than that it's just the paper. All those NBM and Heavy Metal PB from the 70's and 80's doing fine, but 2010-11 printed in Asia trades are a disaster.

I wonder if this user likes Mignola's work.

Ecstatic about this, assuming it comes out. Jonah Hex is one of the best comics DC ever did.

Saints. I have never seen it on anybody's shelf. I saw it story timed one time but that's the last I have seen it mentioned on Yea Forums

I bought King City used from Amazon and it came with stickers on the spine and a stamp on it from I think the denver library. I'm lucky no one drew in the book because king city has a connect the dots page, and a crossword puzzle and a board game

Waiting on Hitman vol. 5, the shipping got fucked up and now it's gonna be another week at least.

Attached: IMG_20190609_130900.jpg (4773x3006, 2.51M)

This week's haul.

Attached: IMG_4246.jpg (2551x1190, 871K)

Holy shit, I might not have to buy the Showcase presents. Thanks for the news.

So I ordered $235,29 on comics this month. Kill me

I had a one-grand order of comics once

Did you mean in terms of the physical quality or the stories? The former seems alright aside from the damage, none of the pages seem loose or anything. The latter, can't really comment yet since I've only read the first couple of comics in it. Seems alright, though the art's pretty mediocre.

Attached: 334d0f626b7b2be11054a4bbb8843ed2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 927K)

Madman. What did you get that time? I counted 26 books and none of them are omnibuses

Latest pickups from the LCS. Not pictured is the HC deluxe edition of Detective Comics 1000.

Also I didn't know my dude Alex Ross was on Seth Meyers!

youtube.com/watch?v=c3URKNyGBsI

Apparently Seth Meyers is a big comic nerd because he's had multiple creators on his show, including Tom King and Brian Bendis.

Attached: 62500747_650625108738450_5980824148174176256_n.jpg (2048x1536, 536K)

oh and Geoff Johns

Sorry I meant the physical quality. Like people on Amazon say the pages are so thin you can see through them and the binding is loose

Attached: EB888393-ABE0-4779-A8B8-A03C92059732.jpg (4032x2123, 3.76M)

My growing shelf, today is my birthday so fingers crossed I get more /shelf/ material at my party later

Attached: 886C19E3-FC30-46E1-AA4D-C3B3BCD0B4E3.jpg (1242x970, 1.22M)

99% chance this gets canned, unfortunately

I don't think that's the case with the Afterlife Epic, at least my copy.

It's the Master of the Mystic Arts Epic that you really need to be wary of; that's one of those infamous "Quad Graphics" books that in terms of the physical make, is total shit.

Attached: 61YgB4bcp3L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (328x499, 55K)

Happy birthday! What are you doing, just having some friends over for a barbeque or something?

Yeah I'm mentioning it on as much social media as I can to give it attention, tho its price point will prove a considerable barrier

Yeah I looked it up and it reprints roughly 95% of what's in the two Showcases, and some stuff that isn't. If they get to a second volume it'll be the first time most of its contents has EVER been collected

Are there non "quad graphics" versions?

Sadly I don't think were ever reprinted to address the quality issues.

The QG Epics to avoid are

>Doctor Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts
>The Amazing Spider-Man: Venom
>Daredevil: Root of Evil
>Iron Fist: The Fury of Iron Fist
>Avengers West Coast: How the West Was Won

>>The QG Epics to avoid are
>>Iron Fist: The Fury of Iron Fist
it's not like there's any other way to get this, unless you wanna shell out 300 dollars for OOP HC masterworks

Welp I'm gonna have to get it

Look into Jim Henson Storyteller comics.
Based on the tv show of same name, they're a anthology of stories based on famous folklore and fables.

There's been 4-5 trades worth so far. Miscellaneous, Witches, Dragons, Giants, and Fairies.
And Sirens ongoing right now with 2 issues so far.

Attached: cmx-cu-sash-lg.png_0,0,361,554 208,401,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x553, 53K)

Thanks for the info user!

desu I wish the comic book industry would die so I can finish my wishlist and call it a day . there's just too much stuff!! ahh! then you got movies, tv, music, books, video games... just too much media. can never get to it all. I hope there's a bitchin' PC setup in heaven so I can get through it all

It’s good user

Anyone got the Moonshadow reprint?

Jonah Hex is Didio's favorite DC character thankfully, I doubt this is gonna get cancelled.

That does give me some hope. But just some. Ever since Batman (everyone's favorite character) started getting cancelled I've lost all hope for this fucking company.

Roommate got it, it's utterly gorgeous and a top-tier reprint. Fucking tome of a book too

Case I point, I spotted this in a FB group I'm in today

Attached: did.jpg (616x512, 80K)

There's any chance on Marvel reprinting the X-Force complete collections?

redpill me on Saints

>FB
I don't think normalfags read comics

shut up dweeb

no u

Attached: Cats in Trees.jpg (1931x1355, 513K)

It was like 900 something floppies. Various non-big-two stuff I wanted from the 80s and 90s. I posted pics on /shelf/ when I got it (probably like 7 years ago) but I think the pics died with my old computer

My respect for DiDio just quadrupled

DC will still own the Vertigo name and all the IP that goes with it. They will simply be releasing stuff with the DC logo or with "Vertigo, from DC Entertainment" that way it states on the Lucifer and iZombie tv show now.

As an aside, it's no different than Coke still owning the New Coke trademark and brining it out again Because Synergy. Where there is a marketing payoff to the use of the Vertigo name, they will continue to use it and also if it's necessary to continue/maintain their ownership of the name.

As a different aside, why the fuss? I mean, Marble gave up their version of this ages ago and Vertigo has been struggling for some time, not sure why everyone seems to be viewing this as some shocking or really unusual development.

It's no coincidence that DC is finally reprinting Jonah Hex after Michael Heisler died.

Sorry, Fleisher

>They will simply be releasing stuff with the DC logo or with "Vertigo, from DC Entertainment" that way it states on the Lucifer and iZombie tv show now.
They changed that logo at the start of the year/last year.
It looks like this now.

Attached: 20190518_162356.jpg (4128x2322, 2.33M)

For all the shit that DC has pulled, I love the Black Label. Better bang for your buck than regular floppies, much better quality, and more adult storytelling than the usual Saturday morning cartoon shlock in their main line. Love Batman Damned, Last Knight on Earth, and I'll be pulling Superman Year One as well. Voting with my dollar for more prestige format floppies!

Definitely. Showcase Presents #2 was one case that Levitz spoke about how the royalty structure they had with him, plus the cheap nature of those reprints, caused issues. I think it ended with him willingly taking a pay cut in order to recieve money from any reprint.

The DC solicits pretty much confirmed that the Random House Publishing catalogue is useless right now.
Some neat things besides the (likely to be canned) Jonah Hex omni include
>VAMPS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TP
>written by ELAINE LEE
>art and new cover by WILL SIMPSON
>This new book collects both VAMPS #1-6 and the never-before-collected VAMPS: HOLLYWOOD AND VEIN #1-6 and VAMPS: PUMPKIN TIME #1-3 in a single volume for the first time, along with a treasure trove of bonus and behind-the-scenes material and a brand-new cover by original series artist Will Simpson!
>ON SALE 10.16.19
>$39.99 US | 416 PAGES
It's a bit pricey in CAD, but close to the same if I tracked them down an bound them. 1/1 trades, so I hope it won't get canned.

>DOOM PATROL BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC
>written by JOHN BYRNE with CHRIS CLAREMONT
>art by JOHN BYRNE, DOUG HAZLEWOOD, JERRY ORDWAY and others
Fucking why?
>AQUAMAN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
>written by ROBERT BERNSTEIN and JACK MILLER
>art by RAMONA FRADON and NICK CARDY

>>DOOM PATROL BY JOHN BYRNE
didn't even know this existed

It's probably the worst Doom Patrol run

Universally despised by everyone. Byrne decided that their continuity was too complicated, and fully rebooted them.
The instant the book was cancelled, Johns was able to restore the old continuity in Teen Titans and Infinite Crisis (Superboy-Prime punching reality). The only lasting thing from it was that Rita was brought back, but Giffen ended up changing that a bit when he wrote the following volume.
Byrne pretty much tried to turn them into the X-men, and included his fetish of "young girl is attracted to old men" into it.
>Rita and Robotman are thrown into the past. Robotman is an adult, but Rita is a child in that year. Everyone else sees them as their year-appropriate ages. They see each other as their modern appearances. They start to make out, and Robotman is thrown in jail for kissing a six year old.

Thanks user! And you got it in one, enjoyed some ribs from my favorite BBQ place and my first legal drink

When dealing with Byrne, remember this rhyme:
Not Alpha Flight? Not alright.

Quoted the wrong person, what am I retarded

It's about a group of people who are reincarnated saints and they have to fight against the archangel Michael, the "four horsemen" (leaders of mega churches) and their army of children and reincarnated saints. The reincarnated saints have powers that relate to the saint they are named after, sebastian has arrow powers, Stephen can control stone, Lucy has visual powers, and blaise is more like a healer. There is also relics from saints that give the user powers, metalheads, and some demon stuff. It's an alright book, I like the idea a lot and it was the author's (Sean Lewis) first time writing a comic. The story seems kind of rushed at the end. The art is alright. I'm not really into religion but I enjoyed it. It's a little over the top sometimes, specially with some of the metalheads but hey it's a comic. I give it a 7 out of 10 would read again. I hope the author does something with this story again, a prequel would be neat.

Attached: IMG_20190614_231442_712.jpg (1600x2000, 944K)

just ordered pic related from instocktrades.

im making a collection of the justice league and DCs big events from grant morrisons run to brian hitches DC Rebirth JL run.

so far i have
>JLA volumes 1-6
>New 52 JL all volumes
>first 3 deluxe editions of DC Rebirth JL

the plan is to have jla volumes 1-8, infinite crisis, then post IC JLA, then flashpoint, then new 52 JL, DC Universe Rebirth, and then the Rebirth trades of JL, and then doomsday clock when it comes out in the trade.

Attached: jla 7.jpg (450x682, 113K)

What's the point in doing this? Can't you just buy the books you like instead of certain "collections". It's going to look no different on your shelf or wallet.

because i fucking love the justice league and im autistic about completing collections

oh user... The movie wasn't that good. I doubt a comic would be any better.

bait

should i get the Zatanna Paul Dini tpb

yes

I didn't like JLD, but I heard she was good in this book. What do you think of it?

I think Paul Dini is an infinitely better writer than Tynion

what else did he write

google it

Bump

>why the fuss?
So I can own the name

Attached: good.jpg (400x550, 43K)

what'cha reading

Nice dude

Ronin & Lone Wolf and Cub.

Back Issue Magazine is a FB group full of literal boomers who've probably been reading comics longer than all of us here, it's pretty comfy really

Conan Chronicles Epic Collection
Really wish I had the Dark Horse version but I'm really enjoying it.

Source?

First time reading Don Rosa Uncle Scrooge... so good , I was smilling the whole time.

>Seth Meyers
His Twitter avatar is himself as Blue Beetle

Source on what? You can find it and join like anyone else

jfc lads how long does in stock trades take to ship? i ordered something 3 days ago an it hasnt shipped yet

2-3 weeks at most, but with heavy duty packaging that insures the book will never be damaged

IST is notorious for taking for ever to ship, but it will arrive in nice condition user. I think last time I ordered it took 2 weeks to get to me and that was with the free shipping .

well thats good i suppose

i ordered a soft cover from amazon and they put it in a big giant envelope with some bubble wrap and the usps crammed it in the mailbox so it was all bent and curved. my jimmies were rustled big time

i get mine within a week to a week in a half but then i live four hours from where they ship

>buying Immortal Hulk
trades or floppies? If you are getting the floppies stop..it doesn't need your money and going to 8th printing. If trades...stop as well, it will get omnis.

just pirate until it gets really nice collections
it will be sad to see a lot of these iconic books no longer have Vertigo title on them. They don't deserve to be shit on with Black Label

>>what is something on your /shelf/ that no one ever mentions?
all of my horror books. not sure why but Yea Forums has a hard time talking about most horror comics, you are a bit of the exception.
>>Have you ever got a book that was damaged beyond repair from Amazon, IST, or eBay?
yeah, i got one of The Complete Crepax books with the cover 1/4 ripped off. Sent that back. Also got Madwoman of the Sacred Heart was going to send it back but they said I could just keep it and refunded my money.

never heard of it
> written by the multitalented and Eisner-winning Jordie Bellaire
oh...good for her to move into writing. But kinda sad cause she's probably the best colourist in the business. and the colours in these sample pages look extremely dull

Mike Carey's Barbarella is good, only the first arc I didn't care for but everything after that is good. Issue 8 is by far the best though, it's a play on 1001 Arabian Knights and works really well as a stand alone issue
what legal hassle?
some of the Alice in Wonderland Zenescope comics are actually good. But 2nding a request for more fairy tale comics, specifically the ones about faeries I have the one of faeries and love it. Shame is one that I would be remise if I didn't bring up though, it's a fairy tale with some good horror mixed in (which is the only proper way IMO)

Attached: shamepoplet4.jpg (1031x837, 106K)

I want to get into Lucky Luke. What would you guys suggest? Get the upcoming "Complete Collection" 3-in-1 HCs or should I get the individual paperbacks?

happy birthday user
>FB
disgusting! I can give a pass to reddit and twitter and whatever being brought up here, but FB is where I draw the line. Who the fuck has a facebook account? And even after all the shit we keep finding out about it, people STILL use it? just kys

There was Discord shilling not too long ago, FB is not a surprise

>Who the fuck has a facebook account?
Dan Didio, and other old boomers. Facebook's pretty much the only place that he gives updates on what's been cancelled on.

I don't know about you, but I'm tempted to buy all three. I know
I'm probably going to anyway
>faeries
Beautiful Darkness is a good horror comic with faeries, maybe try that out. Along with Satania which has a "Journey to the Center of the Earth" feeling and is by the same author.

Attached: GailSimoneRedSonja-TempCov-horz.jpg (1800x900, 824K)

There was recently a past thread where the OP asked if horror comics even existed, and everybody only mentioned Uzamaki.

as a Sejicfag I'm totally down for him doing Harleen, he's been doing fanart for her since he was doing Witchblade and he's shown he has the writing chops now. Glad DC is willing to do this stuff

Attached: Harleen-DC-Black-Label-Cover.jpg (738x945, 115K)

i wish dynamite could find real cosplayers for these covers instead of the i spent all last night making this costume before the photo shoot cosplayers

plenty of cartoons that were good, and also only the classiest of comics like pic related

Attached: Madame Mirage #3 (of 6) (2007) - Page 6.jpg (1280x1981, 410K)

>what legal hassle?
Ballad of the salty sea is there first book in the series and the most acclaimed of the bunch but there was some other terribly made edition that had to go out of print first.

Is Redlands that good?

>Beautiful Darkness
I have it already. There is a lot of faerie adjacent stuff like Madame Xanadu and stuff, just wish there was more that was completely steeped in it I think I want a copy of Bondage Fairies for my erotic shelf
I mean...what is to Vampirella's costume? Only way to up it is to do it in latex instead of spandex

Attached: 1539965222473.jpg (1080x1350, 70K)

Yo too lazy to take a pic of the book, but just finished reading a comic called The Leg. About the adventure of the disembodied leg of Santa Anna. Legit fantastic recommend if you ever see it in a bookstore.

Attached: 51SDu6iR8nL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (353x499, 37K)

since when does vampirella have tattoos

For one, a decent cosplayer would cover their tattoos. The hair/wig should have a small part in between that is shaped like a triangle. The boots shouldn't have a zipper. Even the risque costume, you could make the cosplay more difficult by adding her wings seen in

Yea Forums comics & cosplay

it's the 21st century, everyone has tattoos, including aliens.
>The boots shouldn't have a zipper
it's the only way you will get any tight fitted book that goes that high, the zipper is a must or else you end up with loose pirate style boots. But yeah, wings would be cool on some of the cosplay covers. I never get the cosplay covers anyway, I prefer the Jusko stuff.

Yea Forums has cosplay threads user

I haven't seen a cosplayer with bat wings yet

What are the comfiest comics?

the ones you enjoy

Concrete

harris was fucking broke and they got better talent than this shit. way to fucking cheap out dynamite

>that New Super-Man
For a single second I thought they had released an Omni without my knowledge, fuck. That is the one run of Rebirth I actually want to read but I really want an HC version, goddammit

user, it's just a MFC model. and she probably makes more than Dynamite's whole company

Attached: 1532214740562.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Happy birthday from Germany, former underage user. You could have taken the easy route and visited Kraut central to drink some booze at 16 or 18.

Moomin
Bone
Pogo
Peanuts
Calvin and Hobbes
Walker Bean
Giant Days
Silver Age stuff
Hitman
New Frontier
Tomasi Superman
Moonshadow

Thank you for the birthday wishes anons
And update, sadly no books, but got a nice Hal figure and a nice visit from /m/

Attached: 39B0A901-4C58-47E2-9845-1A877D32A3F1.jpg (1242x1655, 1.98M)

i wish the ugly girls didn't have to complain about this level of lewd cosplay, i miss it a lot
i could probably see it on patreon if i wasn't a cheapass

ugly girls ruin the cosplay fun. just look at cgl.

Not only does it not have an Omni, it doesn’t even have a hard cover or deluxe edition. That’s pretty messed up for a fan favorite series

Attached: 5D1AEE18-6410-4342-AC94-0E2955E632C0.jpg (881x1490, 385K)

Is this a stor-folio?

Are stor-folios worth the price? I think a regular binder would be just the same

I've used binders but since they leave the top open they're kind of a pain to dust. The rings can also create problems

cont. To answer your question though stor-folios are indeed expensive, I've never used them

It is
I think it’s worth it , they only cost between 8-11 bucks depending on where you get em, and the look pretty snazzy. Both are good to use tho

Attached: A913EB6A-3508-4AFC-B85C-3FDF7541BAD2.jpg (1102x1615, 1.5M)

where can you get the ones that i assume you can print stuff out for?

I have never been to a real con so I always wondered are these women actually into comics or are they there to attract people to boths, or are they there to promote something

I got mine from amazon

Attached: 80082697-2976-4517-9644-2D93BDE9F6C3.jpg (1242x2038, 652K)

most of the time cosplayers are just there for fun, for photoshoots, they like the character. they like when people ask to take photos of them, or they want to participate in a parade. I never seen someone just there to promote something or just to attract people to booths, since the creator themselves travels to often for that and their name is usually enough to get asses in seats. In the vendor halls, they might have someone in a steampunk costume selling steampunk, but that's all i've seen.

I go to 3 cons a year
> bull city Comic-Con in Durham, NC, and oak city comic con and Raleigh galaxy con (formerly supercon) in North Carolina

And I have never seen cosplay that revealing.

That thread hurt my fucking head.

friendly reminder that the 90s creators would regularly team up with models and sometimes pornstars to create a character and the look.

I want all of the Golden Age Batman omnis, Epic’s color Akira 2-38, and all the Bronze age legion Floppies. And lots more.

Attached: 1F07692E-956D-4A2E-87DA-8CB2DBCD1A0B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.34M)

Attached: 7B9D6C48-18B0-4E18-A88F-D4D99FB6D9FC.jpg (3264x2448, 1.25M)

Attached: 02A1DA3C-9C9E-4133-9A00-5D4B7BBBFB56.jpg (3264x2448, 1.03M)

Attached: E8DC1E67-820A-417D-8C23-992F83B9A800.jpg (3264x2448, 1.37M)

Attached: C276FF79-E774-475D-968C-91A2A3512E27.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

Recent gets

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

>that cover
Fuck me but I love how on a first glance, one might think that the cover is disrespectful but it's actually an accurate portrayal of a Chinese character
>no deluxe
Yeah, that's what I was implying. I fucking hate it. I really want more cape stories set in China

Oh, I thought you actually had the floppies bound into a book. Why don't you just make a regular slip case? I did it for my Smallville TPBs with cheap Amazon cardboards and it holds together pretty fine. Use old HC covers and you will have sturdy and nice looking slip cases in no time

I want to try custom binding, seems it would be a good way to get a full book. Eh, I'll just wait for Archie to release volume two of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina instead of buying all eight floppies and binding them.

Muh dick. Do we have a source on that boys?

....top left corner of the image. I guess I can't get mad that you can't read, it's rather distracting

>I'll just wait for Archie to release volume two of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina instead of buying all eight floppies and binding them.
They just released a thicc floppy containing issues 6-8. I don't know how you can interpret that any other way than "volume 2 is never coming out." That floppy IS volume 2.

>fuck all stor-folios available in the UK and if there are they're overpriced

Kill me

Attached: 1270473332926.jpg (429x297, 100K)

this was the cheapest one i could find amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PT38Z1G/
it feels very appropriate considering the recent conversations in here

Hah yeah I saw a few of those character ones, but they only have like one of each and I'd prolly be buying in bulk for all my TPB-less floppies. I saw one vendor on eBay say they're no longer produced anymore, is that true?

i think they went out of production for a hile but recently i've been seeing various publishers posting on twitter about them making some for their IPs

Is Justice League Detroit any good?

I don't know anything about it, but based on the title, I'm gonna say no

Holy shit why are they so expensive over seas, where are you euros supposed to keep your floppies

they seem to be slightly cheaper but still pricy on the amazon german site, could probably be even cheaper rom a non tax evading site

I might just wait til I'm at NYCC again and stuff a suitcase full of em

Boring ass longboxes. I wish more comics did slipcases like the Barrier one Image just put out

>The Spirit. Shame too, there's some good shit in the Spirit.
>My 52 omnibus is fucked but still readable.

Sorta reposting some mango and today's stuff. Let's see if I like sunstone.

Marvel Zombies, for as much as I enjoy it I used to expect that people would look at it and post the Sandman killing Spider-man panels, but noone seems to give a shit about it, which is fine.

Not really, I've heard the horror stories US people tell of their amazon, but mx is surprisingly ok, they are not grewat but at least I can say the books will come not banged all around.

Attached: Recent June.jpg (3264x2448, 1.23M)

>BARBARO
based

Attached: file.png (487x768, 508K)

Are there any good Crystal statues or toys? I can only find a handful of crappy supermarket-tier action figures.

Attached: 1560486211910.png (1322x2032, 534K)

>Let's see if I like sunstone
It's not my favorite comic but if I ever lost my collection and had to start fresh it would be my very first buy.

Got a Power Rangers volume from Amazon that was bent in half. They sent me a replacement that wasn't, so it all worked out okay, I guess.

It is a free sample and Im kinda hooked, I cant get it bimonthly as Panini is going to print them, but I will keep my eye on them for sure.

I really like Sejic and I doubt I find it not my taste but I had to limit me to just buying one volume of it right now.

I had no idea these were a thing. Judging from they can look really nice and wouldn't destroy the issues like custom binding. Might check them out now.

hey, /shelf/, i just ordered book 4 and 5 of Carey's Lucifer for € 14 each, shipping included. i'm somewhat excited. did i do good? what do you think?

there's omnis coming out bro. u fucked up

I thought it's only use was to bring to cons to get floppies and autographs?

i dunno about the other anons but i'd probably use them to store floppies that'll never get another reprint in a collected form and are stuck in floppy format forever

i don't like omnis. they are pretty uncomfortable to read imho.

then you didnt fuck up. congrats on the comics, user.

And a waste of money, how much comic art is really worth seeing at that enhanced size
I only buy omnis if it's of something really amazing or if I know there isn't going to be anything else

>And a waste of money
lol wtf? omnis often are the most cost effective method of collecting a comic
>how much comic art is really worth seeing at that enhanced size
bigger is always better

thanks, user

you are confusing Absolutes with Omnis

I don't like them either. I ordered the preacher book one at $9 @:

>there's omnis coming out
With DC's trade department there's no reason to believe that until someone has the books in their hands.

If trades are available they are always the cheaper option

no, omni's are cheaper than trades almost all the time

no, they arent'. it's a case by case basis. sometimes omni is cheaper, sometimes it isn't. you shouldn't talk out your ass

It solely depends on where are you getting them. Are we talking about msrp, ist amazon or what?

>It solely depends on where are you getting them
so you admit that trades aren't always cheaper? glad we cleared that up

>Stor-folios run up to about 40+ In the UK
>Meanwhile Americans can get LEATHER BOUND ones for almost ten bucks
I’m sorry friends

Attached: 6E44C04A-1457-4E0E-B53A-A7497A083143.jpg (1242x1987, 981K)

Where the fuck are you buying trades/omnis

I check before I buy comics to see what the best deal is. Never once have I seen an omni be the best deal.

I think he means it’s cheaper to buy one Omni than buying 6-7 trades

all comics have a price printed ON THE FUCKING BOOK! Just add up the price of that and compare the trades to the omnis. The omni's are cheeper 90% of the time. Or have you completely failed math?

could just order it from there actually, $6 on top for shipping comes out to £15

usual places. indigo, amazon, ebay, whatever. the thing is omni's get big price slashes. amazon for instance will do 40% off or 50% off, and that's the whole item. you'll rarely see an entire set of trades get that same mark down at the same time. you need the stars to align for trades to be more cost effective a lot of the time.

and even in the instance the omni is more, it might just be a little more, which is well worth the cost of having it all in a single volume, oversized, and much more pleasing on a shelf.

for me to buy trades over an omni it has to be like half the price, which it almost never is

this. wtf is with /shelf/ right now. this is online shopping 101

So /shelf/ everyone’s just joking about long boxes right? No one actually puts their comics in cardboard like animals r-right?

Attached: 3D018B68-5BDE-49CC-894A-92F03304040B.jpg (900x900, 58K)

longboxes are cringe
shortboxes with designs are based

Attached: file.png (1101x674, 1.07M)

>CGCing comics
gross!

who needs shortboxes when regular boxes work just as fine

I see through your game, box-man

>grading

>see cool short boxes at LCS
>store was charging 35 for this one
>almost 40 bucks for cardboard
Why is everything in the comic market like this

Attached: 2A0AD099-FE06-4EC8-AE0B-E3BB7FD09B76.jpg (2441x1500, 2.47M)

we comic fans are basically drug addicts.

ASM omni 4 is 72.50 on IST and covers two epics worth of material. One epic is like 22 bucks. All their other silver and bronze age omnis are the same

DC 'Age' omnis are sometimes split into two or three trades each. These go for $15 each on IST whereas the omni is usually 50 bucks minimum

Sandman omnis run you close to $200, buying all the trades would be like $120. Invisibles omni is $87, all the trades would be $60. All other Vertigo series that got omnis are at about the same ratio.

What exception am I missing?

There are some stupid people out there

ASM is a bad example because Epic Collections are like the most cost effective product ever produced. Also not everyone has access to IST, since we aren't all American.

Using your example of the Invisibles, I bought my omnibus for 90 dollars (Canadian.) At the time, it would have cost 120 dollars for all four paperback volumes.

This is all part of online shopping. Finding the best deal when it pops up. Monitoring prices and trends. Sometimes omni is cheaper, sometimes it isn't.

>Sandman
>trying to compare TPB's to overdesigned prestige books
yeah, next you are going to compare it to Absolutes again

Addendum: Something to also consider is that omnibuses are a lot easier to re-sell than trades are. Trades are almost not worth the cost of shipping. Omnibuses are always popular. Marvel omnibuses in particular are easy investments since they're guaranteed to go OOP. I buy Marvel omni's I'm even on the fence about because even if I don't like it, I'll make my money back and then some.

For example I paid 50 dollars for Alias omnibus and later sold it for 200 dollars. The trades wouldn't be worth shit.

We also have to compare a trade to an omni just as products. The omni is a single volume, with sewn binding, and oversized pages. A trade is none of those things. If all prices per page are theoretically equal, the omnibus is the superior product and the superior investment.

>Something to also consider is that omnibuses are a lot easier to re-sell than trades are. Trades are almost not worth the cost of shipping.
No arguments there. I have some I want to get rid of and it's like who would care.

Also agree that the omni is the superior product but usually I just want the comic. If it is like a top five of all time comic I don't mind spending more to have it in a more luxurious form.

>No arguments there. I have some I want to get rid of and it's like who would care.
Yeah. Every omnibus I ever listed sold within a week. I have trades that I listed 2-3 years ago that are still sitting there. And even if they sell, the profit margin is so tiny it's almost not worth the drive to the post office. Maybe in a paperless future they'll be worth something but I'm not holding my breath.

>Look up the Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez omnibus on collectededitions
>see that the very first batch was missing a single page from a "secret files" issue because the printer fucked up
>wonder if my sealed copy is missing it.
Hmm.

Maybe you should unseal it and check. You were planning on reading it and you didn't buy it to keep sealed and resell later on like some kind of faggot, right?

DC omnis don't have resell value because they stay in print

>You were planning on reading it and you didn't buy it to keep sealed and resell later on like some kind of faggot, right?
I got it right before moving, so it went from one box to another. I finally got a new /shelf/ put together.
But thanks for calling be a faggot, faggot.
I think it is more so they don't omni a lot, so they print a lot of what they do actually produce. There's definitely things like the Vertigo House of Secrets omni that is OOP. I can picture that Hex omnibus going OOP and never getting another printing if it actually comes out.

What's the best way to collect TMNT? My local HPB had 1-4 of the Ultimate Collections for a really good price.

I think and hope the Hex book comes out. If you look at the sales figures Swamp Thing and House of Mystery are two of their best selling omnis. They are slowly realizing the only DC anybody gives a crap about is the weird 70s

>Batman Golden Age Omnibus vol 8
8 of these fucking things. Watch them fail to collect the only stuff we actually want from this line (Bronze Age)

I'm happy that the name of it suggests that Didio backed off on his "no Bronze Age titling" plan.
Unless they couldn't think of a better way to name his first adventures.

They're about ten bucks at my LCS.

I hope that we'll get the third LOSH Silver Age omni as a good thing to come from Bendis' run

Yeah god bless Bendis for shining a spotlight on Legion. Hype and awareness is where new collections/reprints come from.

Pretty weird that he seems to be inspired by the dystopian Five Year Later time period, and yet that hardcover got cancelled earlier this year.

1/4

Attached: IMG_7093.jpg (3247x2236, 1.01M)

2/4

Attached: IMG_7104.jpg (2946x2160, 910K)

3/4

Attached: IMG_7114.jpg (2976x2282, 885K)

4/4
Anyone knows good comic shop with international shipping and good collection of translated euro comics? Instocktrades kinda lacking in that department.

Attached: IMG_7154.jpg (2588x2201, 839K)

booksetc or bookdepository?

i get my euro stuff from amazon uk

I had a massive collection of stuff in a trailer in Texas that took water damage and rotted, I had to stop collecting

Care to elaborate?

What are Wonder Womans best omnis? I have the first Perez one and I was going to get Azzarellos but for some reason it's twice the price of al the others.

witching hour

fuck off

Attached: Wondy feminist agenda.jpg (1080x1350, 232K)

bumo

I honestly only liked Perez's run.

anyone?

Attached: lucky luke.jpg (345x374, 60K)

Which company makes your favourite TPBs? I think there's something really comfy about Image's trade paperbacks. I also like how aesthetic Valiant's black and white spines are.

It's just a leather aesthetic, check the reviews

Yeah Image's are definitely the highest quality in my experience. Dark Horse is the lowest quality in my experience.

Are the recent Hellboy TPBs worth picking up? I heard they were handled nicely

Do you mean the thicc trades billed as omnibuses? I don't have those so I can't comment. If you're serious about Hellboy I would just get the library editions.

I like the paper stock DH uses. But overall image. Marvel and DC current series tpb suck in comparison.

>That's a Great collection this user is bas...
>MLP
>into the trash it goes

I like the quality of the Rebirth trades. You're right Marvel don't do good TPBs, I really don't have much from them and I'd prefer to opt out for their hardcovers.

Dark Horse did recent ones if I recall starting last year.

Marvel having shitty trades is forgivable because so much of their stuff gets oversized hardcovers down the line.

What would you guys pay for a 1st print of Immortal Hulk #1? I've been meaning to hunt one down but damn are they hard to find and are pricey.

Attached: The Immortal Hulk 1 Cover.jpg (1821x2800, 756K)

I paid 4.99 for mine (hehe get fucked). But seriously, if I were so inclined, I'd pay 30 dollars at the most. From what I understand they cost a lot more than that.

I feel like the price will come down over time. The hype for this comic is the most a comic has been hyped since Saga, and that hype is at its zenith, so the price will reflect that. Wait for hype to drop, and the price with it.

>saga

I never said Saga was good. I said it was hyped. Go look up the prices of early Saga issues.

Well see the bullshit thing is that at the time I had the chance to nab one when it first came out, but passed because A: it wasn't what it is now, and B: the issues they had on sale all had color rubbing defects. I love what they're doing with the character, and this may turn out to be one of the defining Hulk stories. It's not really something I'd get for resale value, but more "Yeah I have one" collectors purposes. I think my best bet right now is like 35 bucks, if that.

If you can find one at 35 I'd pull the trigger

$0.00

this, but only if someone was giving me money for it

Why do some floppies not have the barcode on the bottom corner, is that a special thing or?

In the 80s they still sold comics at newstands, and newstand comics were returnable so they had barcodes. If you see a comic with a little spider-man logo, or thor hammer, or DC logo or whatever in place of the barcode, it was a comic shop version and not returnable

But what about modern comics?

Every modern comic I've ever seen has a barcode. I'm guessing in the 80s barcode scanners in stores weren't as widespread? I was born in 93, so *shrug*.

It might be a printing error then.

Maybe a virgin variant? I'm curious what comic you're referring to

Well I found this while browsing
ebay.com/itm/Immortal-Hulk-1-1st-Print-BAR-CODE-ERROR-ISSUE-RARE/163737846320?hash=item261f894230:g:Fw8AAOSw~epdBm1v&LH_BIN=1

That's neat. I'm not sure why it would be missing. Maybe just an error like that person says.

I'd rather have that than a barcoded version. a) it's gotta be rarer and b) obscures less of the cover. I hate all the copy that's on these beautiful Alex Ross covers. Look at pic related. Gorgeous cover, and they stick some fucking faux quote in the corner. Like, if that cover isn't enough to make you buy it, some asshole from the internet saying "wow good comic!" won't do it. Do that with other covers. Not my Alex Ross

Attached: file.png (360x554, 450K)

Well looking into it the description says that it's possible that it's a variant that had the original cover torn off. But I've never heard of variants having the original cover underneath

Yeah never heard of that either. It's probably just an error. From the pics it looks legit. Worst case scenario, buy it, and if it isn't what it should be, eBay always sides with the buyer.

I said fuck it and bought it. Looking at the pic I can't see any indication of tampering, and again that's so weird hearing about a torn off variant cover yet still having one underneath. Maybe they're mistaken? I've heard of "display models" but I'm not sure about that either. Might be rare like you said, I don't know. But here's hoping it's a legit first print without tampering. Frankly I like the cover a lot more without the intrusive barcode anyway

Yeah you should be fine. Update us when it arrives

Forgot to add pic, so let's try that again...Visited a new comic shop 30 mins away, ended up purchasing these. The place was tiny but had a decent selection. They are connected to a movie theater so hopefully business is good for them with the amount of capeshit movies coming out.

Attached: IMG_20190616_150636_284.jpg (2160x2160, 1.65M)

That's some wishful thingking user. People who see movies/= comic readers

I wasn't a comic reader until the MCU

i wasn't a comic reader until the DCAU

i wasn't a comic reader until arrowverse
i read manga and scott pilgrim for years before tho

>we
Y I K E S

I started reading American comics because of Batman nolan movies. But let's be real for a second, there is a extremely low percentage of people willing to sit down and read comics

Anyone here got the Komi-san translation?
Is it up to snuff, or did they jam in SJW shit through Najimi?

water is wet

How do I get started with reading american comics?

Watchmen
Batman Year One
All Star Superman

that should keep you busy for a day or two

I already read those

Ok how about these

Neil gaiman’s Sandman
Walter simonson’s Thor
Frank miller’s daredevil

yes

Well it sounds like you already are “into” American comics. Just google “best of” lists and go down rabbit holes to fill in the blanks

>american comics
>Watchmen
moore is british
and so is gibbons

/shelf/ didn't lied. I'm having a blast. What are you reading folks?

Attached: 20190616_225910-1.jpg (1899x2633, 1.07M)

The fuck is this?

Don Rosa's Uncle scrooge library volume 4

I wasn't aware Uncle scrooge had comics

>I wasn't aware Uncle scrooge had comics

Attached: 0001569cb0d99915e7fa60d442afc965ce133a5a.jpg (640x640, 125K)

Oh fuck off you pedant

what?

Pick up The Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck, it's a masterpiece.
Most of the stories are in vols 4 and 5 of the Don Rosa Library collection from Fantagraphics, but two or three were written much later, so they're in a different volume.
The single volume of Life & Times costs an Arm & a Leg, but there's a two volume set that came out recently.

I can't into Duck comics. I feel like there's a missing nostalgia component for me. I already have my own nostalgic kiddie comics in Archie to fill that niche.

I like Robyn Hood, it is pretty good wish fulfillment. The first arc is insanely cathartic.

does it have good adventure?

cont. She is raped and then just kills fucking everyone. It's a great rape-and-revenge story. Frank would be proud of the way she franks.

Attached: robynhood.jpg (624x950, 107K)

>She is raped and then just kills fucking everyone. It's a great rape-and-revenge story.

Attached: batman.jpg (539x472, 22K)

It's not really a surprising thing, there was a big market for those kind of stories in 70s horror.

I'd wait until Overstreet comes out. It'll likely drop the price of some things from this year that rose to absurd prices.

Did Kevin Smith have a hand in it?

price guides are a meme

So is the speculator market.

stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it, not what some basement wizards decide it's worth

I... love GA Batman.

Attached: 7E37A9AD-6A7A-4CCD-8FD1-166CA0350586.jpg (1536x2048, 435K)

And if something is at a higher price because of the hype a perceived authority like Overstreet saying it's worth less can make people less willing to pay that price.
Blank variant covers, the ones for having an artist sketch on at cons, tend to have the regular cover under it.

price guides are a relic of life before the internet. fuck them

From the bogs of Scotland to the Mighty Mississippi to the Dakota Badlands to the Transvaal of South Africa to the Deserts of Australia to his fortune in the Klondike and beyond!

There's a reason people say "You don't fuck with McDuck".

bump

TPBs? I guess Vertigo. But if anyone know how to make the best collected editions it is Fantagraphics. Fuck those books are beautiful

I agree with the others that $30 is the highest you should go...just keep an eye out if you want it that much. the book is great and Ross covers are getting speculators back into the market with it (what 10th or 9th printing for issue 1 now?). It's a fucking success story to be held. Just don't become a speculator and collect cause something is popular.

>Roughneck
>Andre
fucking KINO!!
then star reading independent books
>Kabuki
>The Ring of the Niblungs
>Roughneck and Andre the Giant (above books)
>Nick Cave

There is a shit ton of great books to read.

>Place IST order
>Pay for faster shipping and everything
>But that doesn't matter because IST is actually out of stock on one of the items and it takes them over a fucking week to figure that out and tell me.
Fucking why?

become an Amazon chad

So finally pulled the trigger on I Roved Out, it is inj the mail. Just really seems crappy to pay so much for shipping when she lives so close to me. But whatever, I guess she deserves a tip for making a book like this

Attached: 1.jpg (800x1035, 165K)

They probably had to look everywhere, they have more than one warehouse I'm sure. Either that or they had to try to order more copies for you.

im interested in this page

It's a horrible system. What they should do is when they pick and pack everything else and can't find one item, THEN they email me to ask if I would like them to keep looking, replace the item with another one, or cancel the order like normal. The fact that I have to wait a week for them to even email me and then another day for them to see my answer email and then another day for them to actually finish packing the order is adding insult to injury. It's inexcusably inefficient and they barely even apologize. Why the fuck am I paying more for shipping if it takes two weeks anyway because of their incompetence?

it's a porn webcomic so you can read it for free. But it's so good I wanted a physical copy. at least sample it online first

Man, I really keep meaning to read/buy more webcomics, but all I have no are Scurry and Namesake, and I only have the latter because I got damaged copies for five bucks a pop. Looks like it's time to add another to the list.

>manlytears about to show you his shoebox collection of baseball cards

Throw in an extra $5 when you buy a volume of IT HURTS! and you can get a commission drawn in the back of the book.

Just a friendly reminder that the first few Spawn Origins trade paperbacks that'd been OoP for a while were reprinted recently, I guess because Spawn was announced as one of the DLC characters in the new Mortal Kombat.

Decided I was gonna finish off the flash and dmz collection seeing as I stopped buying the trades (flash because some went out of print and I didn't care enough to pay 40 quid used for a flash trade, and DMZ because...I don't even remember why I stopped DMZ, I remember enjoying it though.

Flash forward 10 years and deluxe editions are out and cheaper than continuing my smaller trades so I got them.

Not sure if I'm gonna dump the money to get book 1-4 of flash and 1-2 of Dmz or just keep em like this.

My 'show' shelf is strictly for Dredd anyway.

Attached: IMG_20190616_123527.jpg (2592x1944, 1.79M)

They upgrade my shipping for free all the time.

Outside of USA,USA duck comics very popular. Especially in place with no electricity toilet.

70’s Starlin (Captain Marvel)

I was in the same mindset about the price and actually got one a little below that threshold. I’ll post it once it arrives in the mail

bump

>paying more than $20 on a floppy

the heart wants what the heart wants. I am in no place to judge

>paying for floppies

>paying for anything short of a big, veiny hardcover

>describing a book with adjectives the internet have usually used with large penises

>who tf still buys comic books

>not buying comic books and gift them to kids on the street

>not gifting random kids comics and candy

>tfw looking at all the highly praised 80s indie books that were never collected or went out of print two decades ago

Attached: 1539815190104.jpg (532x288, 141K)

Literally just got these two delivered fifteen minutes ago. I don't have time to unwrap them at the moment but it's a total of nine volumes. Darker than Black: Jet Black Flower makes 4 and Sumire 16-sai!! makes 5. Got a lot more coming soon™.

Attached: bad quality image.jpg (3120x4160, 1.64M)

I'm not even really that big into superman. But that's a nice looking box.

Oh nice 16 whatever getting English translations? How many volumes so far

why cant ist just say the status, instead of having a symbol and then a legend saying what the symbol means jfc

Attached: Screenshot (83).png (1920x1080, 393K)

It isn't getting officially translated but it has been completely fan translated. Both of those I ordered from Japan.

That was the joke. I don't think the internet associated veins and penises, either.

>MW3 survival COOP
goodluck op, fucking juggernaut is a bitch

And maybe because the supposed new movie starring Jamie Foxx. What's going on with that?

its a live stream, the player is on like wave 147 in carbon. its a little boring.
>spawn trap with claymores/c4
>then airstrike all the remaining enemies
>repeat
>drop pred missiles on the jugs

Does shelf have any regulars?

hang around for a while and you'll see the same fucking pics on every thread

also after a certain amount of time you will receive a complete set of the Hellboy library in the mail, apparently

Like regular books most seem to love? Or regular posters who are always in thread. Cause there's a Loki guy and I swear one time 5 people got the Junji Ito Frankenstein hardback at the same time.

I lurk literally every thread and post my shelf every three or four threads.

regular posters, I can't seem to notice any

You'll see a lot of the same people posting their shelves and you'll see a lot of the same things in their shelves.

i post pictures of my various trophies but never my complete collection i think.

my chogs, my art, my statues, my Damascus edition hiro sword, my 24k gold dragon dagger

First appearance of The Spot, should I buy it? I have a soft spot (fuck you) for lesser known villains

Don't ask for it just lurk more. There are some attention seeking faggots who derailed /shelf/ a couple of threads ago

As long as you get it for you it's never a bad investment.
If you're getting it think it'll go up in price it's not seeming like a villain who will be showing up in cartoons/movies anytime soon so don't go for the day investment.

Sure. It's less than $10, so there's not much of a reason not to pick it up especially if you like the character.

no

What's the most cursed shelf that's ever been posted?

the one that got deleted by a janny

With all the Nendos? That dude posted in a Yea Forums battlestation thread, too.
It's a nice setup, but it doesn't belong here even with our lax demeanor towards things that aren't strictly Yea Forums.

yes

>remembering that IDW started a bunch of collections and never finished them

>Jon Sable cancelled one trade before the original series was complete

should I get a floppy cover I like?

Do you really like that cover? Then hell yeah, buddy

fuck ya dude. buy things that make you happy

Father’s Day loot
Fuck you, I like big stupid events.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.48M)

infinity war is fun in a big dumb popcorn sort of way, but do you really need all those fookin' tie-ins?

I kind of like the snapshot it gives you of the Marvel Universe at the time.

That’s fair. events make for great time capsules

I reallly really like the cover. I just don't want to go down the rabbit hole and buy many covers

Then don't buy more! I've been buying the variants for a series just because they're done by one of my favorite artists, and it's one of my favorite properties, but I've yet to read them. But they make me happy, and I acknowledge that it's a little silly.

There’s nothing wrong With buying covers as long as you actually read the book. Get on it

I found out about it late so I'm missing #1. I was going to read it digitally or wait for the trade. But I generally agree.

Thoughts? Just read my copy and enjoyed it. Solid 8/10. The premise is really silly but like 99% of superhero comics you're best off to turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacle. With Capullo on interiors, there is spectacle a'plenty.

Attached: file.png (192x291, 90K)

I love Capullo's art but I wasn't fond of great part of Snyder's writing in Batman, this first issue was fairly ok but it didn't interest me enough to follow it.

Who are some good american comic writers? I only know japanese writers.

pre-9/11 Frank Miller
David Mack
David Michelinie
Roger Stern
Anne Nocenti
'90s Mike Mignola
Chris Claremont

carl barks
don rosa
stan lee
jack kirby
nancy collins
mark russel
grant morrison
warren ellis
kurt buseik

If I tried to do an all time list it would be too long so I'll just list some that are currently working

>Matt Kindt
>Jeff Lemire
>Rick Remender
>W. Maxwell Prince
>Jeff Loveness
>Ed Brubaker
>Mark Russell
>Tom King
>Jonathan Hickman
>Mark Waid
>Chip Zdarksy
>Al Ewing
>Grant Morrison
>Jason Aaron
>Donny Cates

Ed Brubaker
David Lapham
Adam Warren
Greg Rucka
Jason Aaron (inb4 assblasted Marvelfags)
Tim Seeley
Mike Grell
John Ostrander
Larry Hama

Doug Moench creator of Moon Knight and author of some of the most kick ass comics of the 1970’s.
His most notable run is 100 + issues on Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu his work on moon Knight.

He never makes any lists somehow.

>list to long
okay, meant DC only writers

I hate making a purchase and then stumbling upon even more cool shit I can't afford at this time

that list is small, Mark Russell, Morrison, Si Spurrier, Dan Waters

To be fair, that's the case with most collection-oriented hobbies

DC I feel is at a nadir in terms of their roster. Other than Morrison, King, and maybe Russell, they don't do a lot for me.

>Tom King
>Jason Aaron
>Good

Udon continuing to do God's work. Their own comics are so shit though, goddamn.

Attached: 71tJwDM+v8L.jpg (1053x1500, 193K)

Now this is comedy.

ty for your input

What are some Chad comics?

Shut up and give me your lunch money.

>Ultimates
>New Avengers
>Batman Hush
>Knightfall
>Age of Apocalypse
>Savage Sword of Conan
>The Walking Dead
>Archie

bump

Voynich hotel is good shit.

>Archie

>Marvel logo on AvX companion
What the fuck, Marvel? I know it's not "technically" and omnibus, but that's still some bullshit. That said - why do you have the AvX companion, but not AvX?

Also, I'll never understand why the Miller Elektra and Daredevil omnis got such a unique design.

Before this thread dies, what would you say is an acceptable ammount of cash to spend month on floppies? July is PACKED with a bunch of stuff from the big 2 I wanna read, but I'm looking at around 110$ when it's all said and done.

list the floppies

whatever you can afford to.

cut some of those down and trade wait instead.

>what would you say is an acceptable ammount of cash to spend month on floppies
Depends how much money you have.

$0.00

this

Just pirate that shit and wait for the trades to come out user. Spending that much on floppies for one month is just plain silly. Are you ever going to display that much moneys worth of floppies on your shelf? Nah. are those floppies ever going to be worth anything? Nah. Just save your money, pirate, be patient, and wait until it is collected

>are those floppies ever going to be worth anything? Na
depends. immortal hulk is easy cash ATM

Doonesbury