What is Marvel's deal with Iron Man...

What is Marvel's deal with Iron Man? They constantly put shitty writers on his books that write stories ranging from mediocre to straight up garbage for the last decade. They all have ideas with good concepts but terrible execution. He's almost constantly being portrayed as an antagonist or villain in every other event and in other characters books. Why do they refuse to properly utilize him? It's so damn tiring.

Attached: 1541870387223.jpg (900x1279, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1085206055192354816
twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1085721802196897792
indiewire.com/2019/06/tony-stark-death-scene-improvised-avengers-endgame-1202150106/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be the most popular thanks to the MCU
>marvel just put "big names" on his books regardless if they have good ideas or want to be writing him not
>get abominations like Slott's/Bendis/Gillen's terrible writing
He's okay in Invaders, at least, even if he's basically just there to be Steve's nagging wife.

Attached: ironsad.jpg (860x666, 133K)

>I don't actually read any Iron Man, just have a vague sense of who the character is. What the FUCK is Marvel's problem??

>Steve's nagging wife.
Buck too. The invaders is a loving triad of Steve, Tony and Bucky. Fishdick not invited.

>last two issues
>I TOLD YOU STEVE
>I TOLD YOU ABOUT NAMOR'S STAIRS

Attached: RCO009_1560356810.jpg (1600x1230, 865K)

At least he can beg for forgiveness sweetly and Tony can’t say no when Cap begs.

Have you actually read anything pre-Civil War? He would clash with other heroes at times (like Cap during Armor Wars) but it was never to the degree it is now. He was written like an actual hero who did good even if it was through sometimes morally questionable actions. Now writers just use him as the default character for when they want a villain and someone in the wrong without any ounce of nuance. Also are you really going to defend shit like the adoption retcon?

Attached: 1531713783999.jpg (945x1845, 2.34M)

Nosed faceplate

>Tony used to put a nose on his armour
I keep forgetting.

Attached: GrimyShorttermCurlew-small.gif (245x245, 845K)

>adoption retcon
BENIS has a reverse Midas touch.

>put big names
>flops
>don't put big names
>still flops
Without the MCU and the spectacularly awful cartoons that Marvel keeps making, no one would even bat an eye at IM, Cap or Black Panther, that's just how boring their stories and world are.

He still does get portrayed as a hero, but he's often isolated from other main characters and just hangs with his robots and Pepper until he's needed for a fight. Especially in his own books, where other characters seem like they have less of a presence as friends.

Also, that stupid adopted mother character. I hope somebody re-retcons her and Arno into plants from another evil universe or something.

Attached: 116525637783983.jpg (780x439, 75K)

He's "popular" in that he's everywhere in media and yet his comics are mediocre and the sales reflect it. He's not used effectively and is given to hack writers that think they know how to make him interesting but just keep messing with him and trying to leave their mark on the character.

Jesus Christ user

Attached: oh, Tony.png (500x631, 219K)

Who should ideally write Iron Man, Yea Forums? I haven't hated the latest issue written by Simone.

Or should RDJ just do it, since he seems to be able to single-handedly ad lib the character into the hearts of millions.

Attached: IMG_00252.jpg (600x570, 430K)

Do Amerimutts actually like Cap or do they only care if this hypocrite gets to bark orders at characters much better than him?

I'm tempted to say nobody currently at Marvel can. Mass majority of their writers seem creatively bankrupt.

You'll need an idea of what to do with Tony more than a specific writer. As long as you get someone competent you either have Tony given a completely different status quo or take him back to his roots and build upon it in an exciting way.

Aside from what has already been mentioned, a part of it is power creep. It got particularly out of hand after the movies. It used to be he was just the rich guy who was really good at making armor. Now, he is the replacement Reed Richards who is good at everything and has a plethora of armor with Batman level planning potential.

The best books let them fight as well as flirt.

>RDJ
Hell no. Please let Tony stop being a self-insert for Downey.

Even that would have been better than what we have gotten these last few years.

I’m inclined to disagree user. Maybe Tony’s surrounding characters and story might be crap but Tony himself hasn’t been like Downey’s, someone who sucks the air out of the room and diminishes every other character’s story.

They treat Tony as the futurist when the status quo never changes, thus causing a collision of narrative directions.
How can he create world changing technology, when nothing he ever does truly matters?
Their storylines only make sense if you assume everyone gets collective amnesia every few months.

The 616 Tony, except maybe their origins, is absolutely a different character than RDJ I agree. But that is mostly observed through the perspective of his history and the obstacles he has faced, which were his storylines for many years(drinking problems, loss of his company, reveal of his identity)

>someone who sucks the air out of the room and diminishes every other character’s story.
That's more the directors/writers fault than anything.

I feel like Tony's storyline should have a general arc of trying to invent and push through truly green power without putting millions out of work, having to fight and outwit senators/oil barons/powerful gangsters/cabals and avoid making things that can be weaponised.

Or hell, space exploration. The Guardians thing was really fun, I can see the guy trying to colonise the Moon/Mars or run after alien tech that could help Earth.

Attached: b369bf1aa06adb8f4058a1ddd459e335.jpg (505x768, 106K)

I think Simone would be a good writer for IM. She kind of has that issue that Priest talked about of being confined to female character books for years.

There is the storyline of him providing a small version of the battery for commercial use and Zeke Stane weaponizing it, if I remember correctly.I think it was in the Bleeding Edge suit run.

>I can see the guy trying to colonise the Moon/Mars
Pretty sure he's colonized the moon before. Or was at least the Sheriff of it.

Mars has been terraformed, unless it was undone after Secret Wars. Would be fun to have a Moon colonizing comic.

MCU has taken a lot more from The Ultimates, from the start. More flamboyant, playboyish, harder drinking habit with illness (the palladium poisoning), lot more posturing than the quieter 616 Tony. It was fine till sometime around IM3 and Ultron. And somehow that characterization stuck.
Downey has a lot more control over script than many other actors but I guess Feige had the ultimate say.

I like what she's doing for War of the Realms. Having Tony fighting dragons as a knight king is pretty fun. I also love Shapiro.

Attached: RCO022_1559751063.jpg (1040x1600, 702K)

If I suck enough dicks do you think Marvel will keep Simone on Iron Man? She's done more in 20~ pages than Slott has in 11 issues.

I'd join you in dick sucking. She's probably the best he's had in a while.

>that's just how boring their stories and world are
>Black Panther
B-but Priest's run

Tony works surprisingly well with mythical stuff. I loved the camelot\doom stories from the 80s.

All of those characters had really good material in the 2000s, I'd say better than Spiderman.

Way to state yourself out as a normie, and a pig.

>MCU Tony dead and gone
>616 is years of dedicated mediocricy and bad characterization
>Want to drop Marvel
>Know it would be for the best but love Tony too much to let him go
Is this what Stockholm syndrome is? Am I just a battered wife like all the X-menfags?

Attached: great_job_tony.png (460x406, 371K)

I wonder what his next iconic suit will be? I humbly suggest this look.

Attached: 12123234556.jpg (1280x1920, 582K)

I'm in the same boat. Tony's been my favourite since I was a kid...at least the upcoming game looks fun.

Attached: soon.jpg (730x674, 56K)

Didn't Slott give him like 5 new suits? They were only used once or twice and then never seen again. Now he's using the Extremis one for whatever reason.

He had God Killer mk2 in Avengers but it didnt do shit before breaking. Thanks, Aaron.

>Tony's been my favourite since I was a kid
Yup, same here. That's what it makes it so hard for me to just let go. Yea Forums will probably think it's dumb but his character and stories have also served to help me cope with my own issues in life while growing up (depression, alcoholism, parental abuse, etc). I don't know how many times now where I've gone through severe depressive episodes, ready to end it all but never committed because I thought, "If Tony can keep going with the things he goes through then I know I can too."

Attached: this is fine.jpg (800x389, 96K)

What model armor is he using now in the comics tho?

why waste time and effort when you can publish a mediocre book that normies will buy anyway?

Attached: ANTS.jpg (1493x873, 237K)

He represents everything they hate
>Straight
>White
>Male
>Rich
>Not a femally.

join us DChads

Attached: dc universe gf.jpg (1245x700, 160K)

People just like the idea/concept of Iron Man and the reality is that his good stories are few and far between

Tell me what the current state of Batman and Red Hood books are and maybe i'll consider it. All I know is what I glimpse through the catalog on Yea Forums.

thank you based ant-man

Attached: 9EE4C40F-0CED-43B0-8657-1DE0545536FC.jpg (600x450, 53K)

thank you based ant-man

Thank you based ant man

Attached: 1872_issue_1_by_nim_lock_d91zgk2-pre.jpg (720x1109, 235K)

thank you based ant-man!!!

maybe it's just time to accept that after more than 50 years, there is nothing left to tell with this character

What was that arc in which Tony Stark became corrupted by something and he creates a shiny sliverish nanite suit? He then commercializes his tech so every one's phone is connected or some shit? Also fought Daredevil in san francisco

Superior Iron Man. He had his morality inverted and avoided having it fixed until his and Steve's death at the end of Hickman's Time Runs Out while the universe is dying.

ANTS

Attached: FineAptCaiman-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 2.77M)

Thank you based Ant-Man.
I hope you and Iron Man have a wicked crossover event sometime.

I just want Iron Man 2020 to show up for 2020.

Fishdick is Hammond's husbando but seeing what Namor did to him I guess that is off the table as well.

Same, minus parental abuse. I used to have a real alcohol problem so I can relate to Tony as a character, but it means I now get all salty and pissy when I see Slott’s terrible run before my eyes.
Kind of an inspirational character, really, I love how hard he tries so hard to overcome himself all the time and how heroic he can be, what a champ.

Attached: E5F2011C-5E40-4188-9922-7A52DDB5D92B.jpg (271x400, 56K)

Man I read the old Cap comics and I noticed that he would go to Iron Man every time he needed someone to give him advice or counsel. It was pretty nice too and it made their relationship stronger.

Tony used to almost mentor Cap in his way. I miss that relationship, it was nice when they just showed up to help one another and we’re eachother’s BFFLs.

Attached: A0AA2688-DDE4-487C-A802-F86D58BA5B4C.jpg (945x1435, 236K)

The reason why Iron Man is in the shitter is because writers aren't creative, let alone smart enough, to write a corporate book. Batman can handwave all the business stuff aside because noir and horror are (or at least used to be) his "bread and butter". Stark is different because he was 3 things at once: James Bond, with his ties to SHIELD and the way he operated. Howard Hughes, in that he was a playboy businessman. And then he was an inventor in the vein of Renaissance Men. His books had a strong focus on the business side of things, and even if they didn't go that in-depth, they still managed to tackle how the Board works, who's CEO, who are the Managers, stuff like that. And the stories dealt with all the business world. Now you get just a bunch of bullshit capestories, and no good sci-fi or /biz/ content because it's just easier to write "uh, something went badoom, the stocks are in the crapper, the Board wants Tony out but he kinda comes out on top by the end" type of stories.

The key to writting a good Iron Man book is: A morally grey tone, spycraft and speculative sci-fi, with a lot of importance on his business rivals. Hammer's gone, Stane's regulated to cameos, Ty became a fucking nerd and got stuck in Spider-Man, Midas is nowhere to be seen and Oubliette fucks around with America Chavez. Meanwhile all of his foes are either left untouched, used for cheap cameos or have been turned to line-wide antagonists.

Go back to the basics. Create a concrete Stark Industries Staff. Bring back the business rivals. Revive the SHIELD connection and have Black Widow as a supporting character. Create a 616 Kratos Club as the non-Mutie Hellfire Club and have Midas head it. Put more emphasis on just how shrewd this world is. Make Tony make some tough decisions. Use the villains! Bring back Fujikawa & Rumiko as a sort of Psylocke-meets-Catwoman type. Add Moses Magnum as an international Wapons Dealer. Fuck, use the Pym subplot as a WestWorld scenario.

Attached: 1497559170349.jpg (688x1044, 210K)

I think both Sharon and Tony filled similar roles in Steve's life of being the pragmatists to his seemingly bottomless idealism, kept him grounded while also pushing him when needed. It's why MCU Steve turned out the way he did because he never developed that same type of dynamic to his respective Sharon and Tony.

Attached: Captain America (1968-1996) 228-004.jpg (1988x3056, 2.29M)

That comic crushed a lot of Stony hearts in its second issue, same with what the Planet Hulk story with Barbarian Cap did for the Stuckies but that one was even worse since it took everyone for ride to save Bucky only to go "Lol Bucky died" in the end.

This is honestly a good way to look at things and yeah I miss this aspect of their relationship nowadays they fight or Tony quips and Steve either quips back or rolls his eyes at him.

When was the last time they touched on the business and corporate stuff in his comic? I recall reading Priest BP and I thought it was interesting when tony showed up and tried to take over T'challa's Wakanda Design corporation when that was at its lowest because T'challa had did something to cause its stocks to crash.

Seemed something very businessman like to do and T'challa didn't fault him, he was much more offended at the thought that Tony thought it was going yo be easy.

He has Sam. Tony’s vitriol towards Steve even from their first meeting meant the comic dynamic was never gonna happen.

Attached: 4F55882C-D781-4F56-AB18-B53798A660F8.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>MCU Steve only ever got close to people who enabled his wallowing in the past
Huh.
I guess Natasha almost filled the role that Sharon and Tony would have, but she only really ever pushed him to get laid/date because she doesn’t have much in the way of normality herself.

Steve and Tony really lacked in something like a solo movie or supporting in one of the bigger films. Tony would have fit handily into TWS and Cap into IM3.

Attached: 905CDE10-1167-4420-9A08-1BA5A92C23E6.jpg (640x793, 86K)

God I miss Simone's Deadpool/Agent X run. DC randomly making a good decision for once by giving Priest the Deathstroke book is probably something Marvel should rip off.

>batman
tom king is off of batman, bendis might replace him. king is gonna do a 12 issue(?) series about batcat. detective is still going strong i think.

thank you based ant-man

Well, Trips-user, they do "touch" on it in every run. By that I mean "Tony is dum-dum and cannot run company, so he slips on metaphorical banana peel but then creates new company". Gillen did it with having him be all "I'm a dum-dum Pepper, you're the real genius", BENIS had just a general "da Board is evil" because fuck shareholders for wanting their copany to run smoothly, right? And Slott has him making vidya... It's honestly depressing.

The worst thing is that it's so easy to make a compelling Iron Man run in [current year]. Slott's current story is basically WestWorld meets Detroit, but somehow even worse. The fat fuck can't even ape Deus Ex or Ghost In The Shell/Genocyber for some good inpiration. Billions is on its 4th season, has gotten renewed for a 5th, it's literally all about the life of billionaires, but again, nobody can even watch a tv show, let alone research how corporations operate. Worst is, they can't even write good espionage at the very least. Seriously, I could write a 300-Issue Iron Man run right now, and those fuckers can't write a proper story without dragging it out and bloating it with filler. They can't even revitalize his villains, which is easy as fuck.

How the fuck people have trouble writting a supergenius billionaire with Power Armor, in a book that's the golden section between sci-fi, /m/ and /biz/, with everything they entail, is beyond me.

Attached: Iron Man v5 001-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

Elon Musk is having a more believable billionaire meltdown than anything in Tony's last couple of decades.

>MCU Steve only ever got close to people who enabled his wallowing in the past
Nope.

Attached: 335D5AD5-5A22-45D8-A54D-61BAF5436AED.gif (500x200, 1.98M)

Whedon tried with Steve moving on, but he also wasn't that great either when you remember how he fucked Steve and Tony's dynamic from the get go. Then the Russo's screwed over Sharon by giving her importance in TWS to Natasha and just in general them not caring for Steve much. Saying he was always a character they weren't too interested in/thought him boring and felt the need to reinvent him while also taking Brubaker's run as inspiration.

What did MCU Sam really do? Apart from get trolled by Steve whilst jogging and help him look for Bucky?
Sam was one of the characters in 616 who grounded Cap, but I don’t recall much of the same in the MCU.

That's because Elon is redpilled and (((they))) are trying to take him out.

Always thought that was one of the things Whedon did really well with, Cap starting to move on and settle into being the team leader was great.
Having them start out as bitching at eachother in Avengers was fine, they were friendly enough by the end of it and clearly all hung out together at Stark tower. They just never got a strong arc supporting eachother so their friendship is all subtext.

>>STRAIGHT DICK

>What did MCU Sam really do?
What could he have done? He got around 30 minutes of screen time. In that brief time, he was the only one who looked at Steve as a human being and treated him as Steve Rogers. Not Captain America or some ideal Steve has to live up to.

Attached: 1E3195BB-A4C9-4F8F-AC6E-155E9D818750.png (556x1221, 131K)

Ouch at that Heimdall average. Way to waste one of the best character actors you hired.

Well, exactly. Can't do much as a supporting character with a tiny amount of time, especially not challenge Steve’s muh 40s.

Attached: 1560441064889.png (370x546, 135K)

>muh 40s.
Well if that's all you see MCU Cap as, not much I can say to make you see otherwise

It's worse, he keeps getting ridiculed.Even by women. Instead of being a catch, heroines, socialites, spies and villains chase after, he is treated like a broken boy/dork that feels insecure.

I miss it when he had money, chicks, booze and tech. Was Superior IM the last fun Iron Man book?

I have only consumed iron man tangentially, so, I started from his first appearances. I'll finish amazing tales and then the first volume. Luckily, I have tons of great stories ahead of me.

>yfw THIS is current Iron Man

Attached: RCO015_1475676112.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

>doing this in front of fucking Carol of all people

Attached: RCO016_1475676112.jpg (1988x3056, 1.5M)

Didn’t Carol used to be the dumb rookie Tony look under his wing a bit? Pretty sure she wasn’t sexually intimidating back then.

But then, there wasn’t really anything redeemable about Civil War 2. Or really Civil War 1, to be honest.

Attached: 037E7FD8-9E2A-467D-9010-4CA226FEDB9F.jpg (987x1487, 397K)

Of course Carol was a rookie, but we gotta prop her up and throw the "toxic masculinity" man under the bus.

>Didn’t Carol used to be the dumb rookie Tony look under his wing a bit? Pretty sure she wasn’t sexually intimidating back then.
Yes. They did light flirting when they first met but it quickly turned into a sibling like relationship.

Attached: 1557901847491.jpg (1274x1920, 454K)

It’s funny, because doesn’t Tony run shelters for homeless/battered women because of that one woman he met whilst homeless who died giving birth on the streets? He employs lots of women, mentors a young girl, is happy to take orders from women, etc. He’s hardly an anti-feminist character, the guy always seems to like and respect women a lot.

Most of the problem comes from some stuff in the 00's and a lot of the 10's. A lot of people either don't seem to be willing to read his old comics or deliberately misread old comics so they can justify bad stories like Civil War.

Then of course there's people whose only frame of reference for Iron Man is MCU. I like MCU Iron Man but I feel like he has his own storyarc and characterizations that wouldn't fit for 616 Iron Man.

>It’s funny, because doesn’t Tony run shelters for homeless/battered women because of that one woman he met whilst homeless who died giving birth on the streets?
Stane tried to use the baby as leverage against Tony because he knew how much impact it had on him. He also knew that as a man he shouldn't be allowed in the day to day operations of the woman's shelter so he left a woman in charge of it while he provided the funding.

Attached: Iron Man v3 062 (06).jpg (1986x1493, 795K)

Review for that page from a site (and by extension that comic):
>The humor and insight of this little talk outside an AA meeting – when Bendis is on, he is untouchable. Maybe the best four panels of dialogue all week.

I think this goes back to "people aren't willing to read Iron Man comics before Extremis and Civil War"

thank you based ant-man

Tony is such a nice person at heart. He tends to value civilians over his fellow heroes, but I think that’s a good thing in his line of work.

Attached: 33A840DE-5BE0-4582-9DBD-D23A94B1C401.jpg (338x542, 74K)

At least MCU Tony is not a loser punchtoy. Pre 00s Tony >MCU Tony >= AU Tony >>>>>>> shit>>>>>post 00s Tony

Up to what volume is it okay? vol 1 is good, how about 2/3? I suspect 4 and up are shit.

Iron Man in general, or a specific run?

Attached: 46D097AE-8788-406D-A2E4-70D7E3C26190.jpg (1041x1600, 334K)

Casuals need to be gassed

Iron Man in general.

For volume 4, Knauf's Director of SHIELD is underrated IMO. Fraction's run gets a mixed reception.

Whoops that was meant for

No one buys comic books of any kind you dumb fucking moviefaggot

>He employs lots of women, mentors a young girl, is happy to take orders from women, etc. He’s hardly an anti-feminist character, the guy always seems to like and respect women a lot.
That ain't a good thing though. He's lost all his edge. The guy was James Bond, and now he's settling for the Avengers' Bicycle. Someone like Abogast is fine, but in recent years he's become far too passive. Also
>ReeRee
>Canon
Has Uncle Grant taught you nothing?
-
I know it's unpopular, but I want Gun-Making Tony back. Countries need weapons and it adds a pathos to the character. I mean, otherwise, he comes off as a real big fucking idiot.

Attached: 1559633449838.jpg (659x926, 384K)

>has Uncle Grant taught you nothing
Apparently he taught you nothing, /everything/ is canon in Morrisonland.

Nah, canon is whatever you want it to be.

>mentors a young girl
I surely hope you're not talking about riri

>>ReeRee
>Not knowing about Kamala, Cassie, and Lila

Attached: 1538341689703.png (343x407, 308K)

No everything is canon, but you only need to use what you want to tell a good story.

He was I hate the little shit.
>reading Waid's Avengers
WEW! And Lila's just another supersmart negress shit. Cassie's the only one worth a damn.
Eh, tomato tomahto.

Attached: alain-delon-le-cercle-rouge11.png (935x512, 363K)

comic writers are often lazy hacks with no tech literacy, thus making it hard to write Iron Man

plus Iron Man is one of those characters who works well in other mediums were he can be in motion and have suits doing action as opposed to still comics. I suspect we'll the same with characters like Shang-Chi.

I like Slott.
I even liked Gillen at first (but how he let me down).

Bendis... well, Bendis is Bendis.

Gillen came up with the adoption, however.

Well, 2020 is coming up and Arno has big plans and this is Slott, so I am fully expecting him to kick out or kill Tony in December and become the new Iron Man for a year; and the whole thing will end with him calling the Godkiller to Earth, as he was always meant to.

And maybe Amanda will have been part of Arno's plan all along and be an android or a brainwashed Skrull...

....I want to see what Ewing can do.

>The Guardians thing was really fun

It was fucking dogshite.

>Mars has been terraformed

Part of it. Now that Abyss and Ex Nihilo are dead (and maybe never existed now) it's probably all gone again.

>wanting Tony to make weapons and be edgy
Starkfag, is that you fooling around over there?

You cunts, why didn't you tell me sooner this was Gail Simone? !

Do you guys even realize how huge this is? Simone is only the second EVER female writer on the title and the last one was Mimi Gold for a grand total of one (1) issue in 1970.

Attached: tumblr_oaqbo1GyQl1tmmcpno1_500.png (500x280, 157K)

The New Suit; the Fin Fang Foom-buster; the moped-suit; and most recently the Godbuster / Godkiller.

>being logical and true to the source is being edgy
Can't you people handle anyone with a different opinion?

user, if you weren't a lazy fuck and followed solicits then you'd know a month or 2 ago that Simone is only writing the 2 WOTR tie-ins.

Attached: 1556327377274.jpg (607x608, 34K)

Tony and Kamala are cute

Attached: 1559267758362.png (500x1200, 292K)

Something that looks for all the world like the Extremis armor.

That still means she is the pre-eminent female Iron Man writer.

>Tony gets to give Kamala hugs
Lucky.
Honestly, they should throw out the adopted parents/Arno nonsense and give him a son/daughter or something if they want family drama.

Don't worry user it's only matter of time until comic make their own version of Morgan stark

It's amazing to me he doesn't already have one or more illigitimate children.

If it was Starkfag he'd be going on his fujo rant. Or maybe he's just deciding to switch it up by playing more on the racism.

Give him a minute. This whole ‘muh edge’ thing sounds like one of his more involved character rps.

Attached: AF1EAB28-4345-4BD5-98BB-B3380A91F87E.jpg (259x781, 62K)

I’d say 1-4 of Fraction is good.
I like Busiek’s stuff a lot.

I just realized the masterwokrs give you better quality for his older stuff, than the originals.
Renewing my collection.

thank you based ant-man

I want more Uncle Tony and Cassie

Attached: ya-03-12.jpg (1200x1860, 526K)

Attached: growing_pains.jpg (960x1480, 398K)

The more I read that page the unfunnier it gets.
Seriously, "Next time I'm using the convertible". What kind of punchline is that?

I guess it’s supposed to be for younger children? That’s how it looks and reads, anyway.

It's like that American dad episode, where Stan helps Steve make a movie for school and hires Vin Diesel and a monkey to star in it and the last line is
>Next time, you drive

Also, insurance or not, she still wrecked his fucking car! Which he then had to have fixed!

This is the same as some dumb kid crashing into your car and then it turns out she doesn't have insurance, and she gives you guff for getting angry because you do have insurance!

This will probably cause his premium to go up!

You should shrink to invisibility, Cassie.

Also: Warbird egging her on? Warbird? Former USAF pilot Warbird?

I think her portrayal as a liberal is way off. I bet she's politically conservative.

Silly user, there are no Conservatives in comics! They're stupid and icky sweetie.

I guess she can't destroy the roof of the convertible if the hood is down when she turns big? I don't know.

Attached: IMG_9578.jpg (800x1200, 231K)

Most of the good shit Tony does is often forgotten or ignored since people fail to look deeper than the character's surface or they've only read stories where he's written as Satan incarnate.

Volume 1 is great or at least acceptable all the way to Len Kaminski's last issue. After Kaminski left, then Terry Kavanaugh came on board and it goes into The Crossing and Teen Tony shit. Then Heroes Reborn (vol 2 of Iron Man) happens and it's mostly incoherent. But there are bits that may have influenced Ultimate. Vol 3 has Busiek who does a decent job. After Busiek leaves, the quality varies and gets mediocre at best, terrible at worst.

It's basically what happens when writers, fans, and comics critics in the 00's and 10's don't want to read many comics before the 00's and get their information from Wizard/Toyfare or Ultimates or Civil War or MCU only, and creating a recursive feedback loop.

Even the book he'd was written as a Satan incarnate had more charm and verve than anything BENIS had to offer, except maybe his character interactions in Infamous Iron Man. Or many of the recent writers. It's not that they aren't trying though. If they want to show him as a vulnerable human, they forget his razer-sharp mind. If they want to show the latter, they forget his humanity, something even kinder and warmer than comic Steve's.

Attached: kw2903s9Vh1qzjnqko1_500.jpg (468x492, 168K)

This happened with Saladin Ahmed. He made a shitty take about Tony on twitter that was the complete opposite of what decades old canon says and when he got dragged in the replies with canonical evidence he passive aggressively vague tweeted about it after. What's worrying is that he'll be writing Kamala's book and Tony is suppose to show up for an issue or two.

Attached: IMG_0131.jpg (640x960, 156K)

Damn I actually liked him for the steve take he had that one time after secret empire. People need to empathize with Tony to write him at all, not just sympathize.

The kicker was that it was the most common of misunderstandings people have of Tony and is easily proven wrong.
twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1085206055192354816
twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1085721802196897792

That's a misread on both of them. Tony's never been stingy, he even gave Scott Lang a check to get himself some ants. And Steve's not poor.

I can understand not liking a character but how do people manage to get something this basic about a character wrong?

Attached: they arent wrong.png (598x153, 18K)

That user's entire thing is woob Tony and I hate people like that so much also because they were so bloody instrumental in egging people on against MCU Steve, from around the time of Ultron and beyond. Or just against Steve in general because he was achieved "domestic abuser" status when he punched tony for wiping his memories. Tonyfags like that are terrible.

He's a straight white male.

Also, that person went so hard on how the Avengers were the worst thing to happen to poor widdle baby MCU!Tony.

Attached: aslightstep-sometimes-i-think-about-the-tony-that-we-had-26094298.png (500x522, 95K)

And how could I forget all the "Not Steve Friendly" fics she and people like that have been putting out, all their StrangeIron, WinterIron, StarkLord. Most don't even give you the courtesy of the wank tag.

And I didn't realize that person's twitter was still going hard on hating Steve to this day, talking about how much cooler, better and more right everyone else is over him, especially Tony.

I stay away from any Tony ships that aren't Steve or canonical love interests, especially if used for bashing purposes. I've never read any of their stuff or seen their nonsense posts before so forgive me.

God why the fuck is his armor so handsome

Attached: fuck.png (80x95, 20K)

It's not your fault, you didn't know.
The fact they call their bashing "criticism" because they "love" him when they've never used him as anything more than foil or sex toy for Tony makes them the kind of people I can't stand. I won't say they're assholes - they're entitled to their opinion however terrible, but they're just so predictable like every MCU Tony stan I've had the displeasure of coming across when looking for Stony stuff.

>Red Hood
Oh dude you'll love it it's a fun team book with-
>current
Oh nevermind :(

>there is nothing left to tell with this character

in an age of rapidly developing technology that is more interconnected with our lives, you think there is nothing else to tell with Iron Man? In fact he should be MORE relevant.

It very much reminds me of this

Attached: supes.jpg (834x563, 35K)

Because Tony was happy in SIM

Yeah but even if he's conflicted, the older books had him have fun right? There was a sense of wonder, possibility, doing greater good for humanity with a Tony who came out winning. Or have I been reading Tony wrong?

Depends on the writer. Lee wrote him frequently tormented, mainly because he was cut off from humanity by his condition.

Personally I prefer Kaminski to Layton.

Kaminski is the most underrated of the Iron Man writers. I'd rather take his run over most 00's and 10's Iron Man writers.

This lewd cover has me sold. Will read.

Attached: 2144A31D-335A-4237-9484-927D99085389.jpg (990x1500, 625K)

That was back when he still had the "transistor-powered" roller skates.

Tony should put thick DSL on his faceplate.

You know, I could almost see Stark/Starlord being a valid ship, I mean they do get on pretty well in 616 and share a lot of tastes and daddy issues.
But most non stony pair ups get used as self inserting as Tony/Steve bashing fics in the same way stuckies think Tony is Steve’s evil ex girlfriend or homophobic boss. Super tiresome.

Attached: 42E857B4-D8EB-4AE9-AE27-A8EF184B23FC.jpg (1041x1600, 624K)

Does anyone in this place have any Iron Man ships that AREN'T fujoshit?!

Attached: 1520870064463.jpg (820x529, 93K)

Hey Starkfag!

Attached: 2382CA12-9989-4AF9-99D8-F0C297F937EC.png (1280x1239, 498K)

Man, you people create boogeymans out of everything, baka. There's too much gay shit in this thread. You really think there's just one autist going round and doing this? Fuck me for not being interested in dicks and shit, damn.

Attached: 81e.png (578x1000, 792K)

Not right now, it’s fujo hour. I’d say a Nat or a Jen are fine, too, though.

Attached: 94F38455-59C1-4E50-8098-5865DBA7F7BE.jpg (1150x1920, 313K)

Every hour is fucking fujo hour in this fucking shithole, man. Same fucking shit, day in, day out.

Attached: IMG_0152.jpg (1400x1846, 1.07M)

How does Tony's dick not get crushed by her internal forces?

Attached: IMG_0154.jpg (1024x1325, 250K)

thank you based ant-man

Attached: IMG_0165.jpg (500x747, 56K)

Bethany's coming back isn't she?

Attached: IMG_0170.jpg (900x1377, 302K)

Attached: IMG_0171.jpg (901x1200, 320K)

thank you based ant-man

They were cute together even if Bendis was the one writing it. If I recall correctly.

Attached: IMG_0175.jpg (650x926, 238K)

Not forgetting Sunset.

Attached: IMG_0178.jpg (562x542, 78K)

Yeah, but those are boring, in-book, civillian ships. I'm talking about CapeShips, like IronWidow here. I mean, for such a high profile character, he rarely gets shipped around. Let alone get any CrossOver stuff. So I'm wondering, does anybody have anything?
Iron Manlet doesn't belong here.

You didn’t specify you wanted capes and ironwidow is Ults canon.

Attached: 79B2C227-8B8A-4564-BF1E-09406A46D4BF.jpg (602x914, 231K)

Look at the people currently working for Marvel and tell me who you would put on the book, expecting something good to be produced?

You know what, that phrasing might be too coy for this fuckin' place. Let me be more clear:

All their writers suck. All their writers have sucked for years. Maybe decades. There's no one good. Not one single motherfucker. It's a fucking wasteland.

Though, if people can’t see any female non-canon cape ships with him, maybe he really is gay. I can’t tell. I see him as someone who wants a relationship with certain people show him some kindness but wanting to bang anyone interested.

Attached: 7A5FB969-F422-4D9A-940D-7E29457A5657.jpg (837x1276, 579K)

>if people can’t see any female non-canon cape ships with him

It's because inter-Avengers capeships inherently suck. If you want good pairings, you have to go X-Men or Spider-Man.

IronWidow is 616 Canon too. But not my point. He rarely gets /any/ ships, and I wonder why. Shit, where is my Marvel/OverWatch CrossOver with IronMercy? Where is fucking, IronKerrigan or some shit, I don't know. There's some IronTroid fanart with Samus but that's it.
>Though, if people can’t see any female non-canon cape ships with him, maybe he really is gay.
Yeah, I don't think what a bunch of "people" on Tumblr or ArchiveOfOurOwn HeadCanon counts as, you know, regular canon. He's fucked Frost, Janet, Shulk, Widow, whatever, point is, there's not much shipping going on. You have the fags pushing Stony, the weirdos pusing IronSpider and... that's it. Meanwhile everyone else gets shipped to Hell and back.

There’s Emma Frost and Tony. Maybe Storm and Tony? Others seem too young or mismatched for him. Wolverine gets around a lot more.

Attached: 301536B8-A314-40E9-82BC-A113C5555116.jpg (500x423, 78K)

>Maybe Storm and Tony?
He doesn't fuck blacks.

Attached: 1492032785672.jpg (5000x2000, 1.36M)

Shipping and the people who create ship content are generally like
>Person A: Character they project onto
>Person B: Their type or the type who can heal A.
So people, fujos etc, project onto Tony. Person B’s the “savior”. What women fall into that category other than Widow or Pepper?

She's currently in TSIM running security for Tony's company.

>I mean, for such a high profile character, he rarely gets shipped around.
Honestly, he doesn't have much romantic or sexual chemistry with female characters besides for a specific few. It doesn't help that the ones he does have chemistry with are usually just flings that often aren't seen ever again or remain as friendships and therefor are never given any pandering content. Meanwhile Steve has been one of the few relationships that have stuck with the character for decades through lows and highs.

Attached: 1553173661127.png (805x603, 583K)

>running security
Gotcha.

And they should stop being dweebs about not letting Tony and Steve be friends in their main books. I’m liking the invaders.

Attached: 04AAACBE-414B-4B3D-8B01-7B4392BAF7E9.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Attached: 3BDE33A0-E4E0-4131-9ED3-1564BD211312.jpg (600x600, 31K)

Attached: 2DC1632E-A0FC-41D7-8473-971F8F315818.jpg (600x600, 27K)

...How the hell is Pepper "spent more time married to Happy" Potts a "savior"? It's just MCU pandering to pretend it was more than the cliche Silver Age pairing. Anyway, as for the rest
>type
Emma Frost did compliment him nicely. So in the vein of the "icy bitch" you have alot of characters.
>other than
Widow is just a typical action girl, and there are tons of them around.
>Honestly, he doesn't have much romantic or sexual chemistry with female characters besides for a specific few.
...Really?
>It doesn't help that the ones he does have chemistry with are usually just flings that often aren't seen ever again or remain as friendships and therefor are never given any pandering content.
That's because in his nature as a playboy, writers just play fast and loose with them. Why would he be hunged up on some bitch from a run ago? Characters have one or two love interests and rorate them. He doesn't have many fixed ones due to being a manwhore, and that means he's a faggot?
>Meanwhile Steve has been one of the few relationships that have stuck with the character for decades through lows and highs.
>A-List characters appearing together in a monthly team-up book get more screentime than love interests in solo books with rotating writers
Damn user, that's some wacky shit right there! I guess every single character that appears in the Avengers is secretly a buttfucker.

I get that you're projecting faggots, but he's literally James Bond. Until he settles down, he'll be an eternal playboy due to the nature of his life. Seriously, why, of all fucking characters, did you faggots choose the one created as a "man's man capitalist" to turn into your faggotry self-insert? And that goes for the writers too, who missed the point and turned him into yet another Cape the same as all others.

>they should stop being dweebs about not letting Tony and Steve be friends in their main books
Gotta capitalize on that MCU characterization, user.

Attached: 1536793875466.jpg (508x508, 14K)

Why wouldn't he be ridiculed at this point he slept with nearly half of New York and every single relationship he's been in has failed

>That's because in his nature as a playboy, writers just play fast and loose with them. Why would he be hunged up on some bitch from a run ago?
I'm just giving you a explanation for why people aren't so gung-ho about shipping him with characters who most of the time don't bother to stay around for longer than a single run or two. It's hard to form any investment in the relationship.
>He doesn't have many fixed ones due to being a manwhore, and that means he's a faggot?
Never said he was.

>icy bitch and typical action girl
I hope to see more paired with Tony and for one of them to stick with him and not break his heart like Ru or every other chick did. But today, comic women are mostly terrible mouthpieces for the writer’s social justice agenda and none of them would be written to look beyond “white billionaire”.

If you’re this pressed about the gay thing, create or commission the porn you wanna see in the world. Literally thousands of het artists on Patreon and Twitter today. The golden age of art.

Attached: C1CD6763-A430-46B4-B97D-243AABFD981C.jpg (666x783, 213K)

Pls no bully.
I hope it stops soon. It just looks cheap now that MCU Tony is dead.

Attached: 0019B556-C97B-4377-B04F-27EEACFB3FC6.jpg (500x721, 93K)

>I'm just giving you a explanation for why people aren't so gung-ho about shipping him with characters who most of the time don't bother to stay around for longer than a single run or two. It's hard to form any investment in the relationship.
That happens to everyone who doesn't have a single defining relationship or breakout characters that are kept around. Spider-Man has Gwen as the classic first love, MJ as "the one", Black Cat as the breakout and then alternates. Black Widow should've been Tony's Black Cat/Catwoman, but she got hitched to Daredevil and then Bucky. All his other love interests weren't interesting enough, and his book was always in that middle between A-List which gets new talent, and C-Lit where things remain static, so he was in a constant state of change where nothing stuck.

And again, he was created as James Bond meets Howard Hughes. You never see any returning Bond Girls, and that's more or less what's happening here as well. It's a problem of the character not evolving.
>Never said he was.
You're the one who said he's got no real chemistry with women.
>I hope to see more paired with Tony and for one of them to stick with him and not break his heart like Ru or every other chick did. But today, comic women are mostly terrible mouthpieces for the writer’s social justice agenda and none of them would be written to look beyond “white billionaire”.
Ru was a proper bitch from the start. Just a spoiled princess and nothing more.
>If you’re this pressed about the gay thing, create or commission the porn you wanna see in the world. Literally thousands of het artists on Patreon and Twitter today. The golden age of art.
...You really think I'm this invested in a comic book? That I'd actually pay real money for... fanart? Damn user.

He could be both. A magnet to women, spies, villains... and feeling secretly insecure (with his past alcool problem and all)

I once saw a Japanese stan purchase one of those things where you name a star after a person for Tony. Gotta up your devotion, man.
His failure to keep a relationship is sad kinda, it makes me like him and empathize more.

Attached: E8C19AA0-CD4D-48AF-904B-E716DD58EBC4.jpg (402x960, 96K)

>You're the one who said he's got no real chemistry with women.
I'm not a even a fujo, you retard. Quit putting words in my mouth. It's true that he doesn't have much chemistry with a lot of his romantic interests because writers just keep throwing women at him in hopes they stick. Why should I or other people care about throw away characters whose only purpose is to serve as a love interest? Madam Masque and Beth were the only ones with any real depth.

>I once saw a Japanese stan purchase one of those things where you name a star after a person for Tony.
You say that if it's something admirable...
>Gotta up your devotion, man.
...Really now? Really? "Up my devotion" to something like Capeshit? That's one of your goals in life?
-
God, maybe I should just become an X-Fag. If there's no one central protagonist, I can just enjoy the general setting...
>I'm not a even a fujo, you retard.
Coulkd've fooled me.
>Quit putting words in my mouth.
You literallty said he doesn't have chemistry with women and that Rogers is his only real relationship. How the fuck else am I supposed to read that shit?
>It's true that he doesn't have much chemistry with a lot of his romantic interests because writers just keep throwing women at him in hopes they stick. Why should I or other people care about throw away characters whose only purpose is to serve as a love interest?
You can use that argument with most characters. Who gives a fuck about Batman's one-night-stand sluts? He's got Catwoman and Talia, but that's it. Spider-Man, Superman, have constant love interests set in stone. Characters like Stark don't. That doens't have any impact on "chemistry". They're Capes; they could have Tony have Top-Tier chemistry with Jean Grey and Punisher in the next run.
>Madam Masque and Beth were the only ones with any real depth.
Wow, it's almost as if he's got a problem of a lacluster supporting cast and only recently got exposure in other media that didn't even use said cast...

Attached: 1509966287311.png (600x450, 533K)

hickman wrote ultimate tony as the big hero of his little run, he probably respects the character

everyone loved taylor's superior iron-man, maybe let him go nuts for a year and see what happens

>You literallty said he doesn't have chemistry with women and that Rogers is his only real relationship.
I said he doesn't have much chemistry with women besides for a SPECIFIC FEW not that there was none at all. You're the one who came to conclusion that I must be calling him a faggot. I also never said his relationship with Steve was the only real one he's had just that it's been one of the most long lasting ones. He has Rhodey, Pepper, Happy before he got offed, even fucking Mrs Arbogast for "real relationships" and only one of those ever ventured into romance territory.

Attached: 1532412158972.jpg (790x1199, 220K)

I just don't like how every Iron Man story post Secret Invasion was "Iron Man loses everything (his memory, his armor, his company) and has to 'go back to basics' WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS to win."

He needs more stories where his solution is to increase his power level, not have it reduced.

Not the person you’re responding to but I actually like he’s not got the “married and settled down” thing like Reed and Sue or Hank and Jan. Or Wanda and Vision. And that most of his relationships are deep without sex or romance politics coloring them. As in, that’s not the only way in life towards happiness or meaning.

I didn’t like the Pepperony sprinkled throughout the MCU much. And I disliked it in Endgame, together with the Russo’s “Tony’s had his perfect happiness with his family and kid but we’ll kill him to show his sacrifice” thing. As in, if they were intent on showing that “happiness” they should have kept him alive. He’s a character who’s repeatedly messed up, suffered and redeemed himself.

Attached: EA311E5D-8EE1-4CC3-982A-23C0A7831543.jpg (620x738, 157K)

...Why is he brown?

Eh, tomato/tomahto. I'm just used to dealing only with faggots in every single Iron Man thread.

Downey’s tan and many see Tony as having Italian heritage?

Your life will be so much easier if you stan a straight character like Batman or something.

Attached: CD5F4DC4-45EC-4FF5-99B1-48D7E4D77DA8.png (455x810, 466K)

>Italian heritage?
...And? We're not brown, you know. We can tan, but we're not brown us Meds. AmeriMutt """Italians""" don't count.
1. Batman's too fucking OP for me to be interested.
>oh woe is me, I have more money than God, a loving family, 15/10 looks/genes, a YUGE don that Zatanna and a Diana lust after but MUH PARENTS & MUH GUNZ
Fuck him.
2.I like robots and shit user. I never got into the character for the playboy shit, I just like millitary fiction.
-
Man, fuck this. I'll become an X-Fag; they're more straight at this point. Hell, I'll become a Doomfag.

Attached: 6571df6bc57767afefa86141f3d7b3a5.jpg (500x582, 126K)

user, I don't know what to tell you other than to suck it up/ignore it or just avoid the threads as a whole if it triggers you that badly. Nobody wants to deal with your autistic rage over something as inconsequential as shipping.

But that’s all the threads are. Everything from solicits to direction devolves to the same shipping. It’s somehow my fault I click on them and expect genuine IM discussion, but instead find the same shit that I’d find on Tumblr?

>Doom
Good choice. He’s got zero fan art of the shipping kind unless you go looking for DoomTony.

Attached: 5884577D-B5E9-4E03-965D-689E75140767.jpg (600x525, 109K)

Just about the entirety of Yea Forums is like that. We have entire shipping threads, sometimes multiple times a day. Gay threads were a common thing years ago. If you bothered to look through the thread you'd see iron Man discussion that isn't shipping centric. You're just deciding to tunnel vision on the fujos.

Ignore him.

Attached: 57495EAA-7C93-4F90-98D5-2FDF1261581E.jpg (780x969, 278K)

A lot of the time canonical love interests are just so uninspiring on both a conceptual and chemistry level to me. I feel most people aren't capable of writing a compelling romance or maybe I'm just way too hard to please. Yoko Taro is one of the few writers to make me genuinely care about the romance subplot in a story. The gravitas and emotional weight behind 2B and 9S relationship appealed to me very much.

Attached: 61647745_p0.png (1000x1200, 1.43M)

...Is this ironic?

No, I'm telling you there's only ship that doom gets gay art for and it's doomtony. You can enjoy all the awesome Doom content without sperging out on IM threads.

But Doom gets a shitton of faggy art with Namor, Loki and Reed.

Where? Fujos don't care enough about Doom to gay him.

Kinda want Tony to back to being dead, being full AI is the step a futurist would logically end up with.

Nah, in the past you could have legitimate discussions. It’s only in the last year or so that it’s gone completely downhill. Faggotry was contained, same with waifus hot, and when the thread demanded it, you could have proper discourse. Now it’s all the same shit. But it’s true especially for Iron Man since that’s all you people. Literally the only thing. Nobody exchanges favorite stories or runs, villains or armors, nobody spitballs ideas about revamping his rogues tally, no, just the same fujoshit.
Nah, fuck you.
Eh, fair point, can’t say that most romances in comics are good. There’s a very small minority of them.
Nah, just check Tumblr or any of the FanFic sites. Maybe DeviantArt too. I mean, they even have fujoshit with Red Skull.

>being full AI is the step a futurist would logically end up with
Why?

Tony and cap are the characters who haven't recovered from civil war yet, tony's personality has become entirely defined by millar's out of character shit

>tony's personality has become entirely defined by millar's out of character shit
Literally how? Millar Tony was a somber reluctant anti-hero who became a bit of a quasi-villain in other books. Pre-Millar Tony was a serious yet flirty good guy who had bouts of "woe is me". Post-Millar Tony is either a sad sack or a quipster. Current Tony is just old school Tony but Flandersized. There's nothing Millar about him. Hell, you can say he's just Ultimate Tony, who technically is Millar Tony, but is just Tony without any shady characteristics.

>Nah, just check Tumblr or any of the FanFic sites. Maybe DeviantArt too. I mean, they even have fujoshit with Red Skull.

Is your problem with gay material in general and you want it to stop all over the internet?
Or is it just ships in these threads? Being flamboyant and charming with everyone has been one of his defining traits for decades. Tony flirts with anything that moves.

Attached: Viktor and the Iron Innuendo.png (300x182, 97K)

>Is your problem with gay material in general and you want it to stop all over the internet?
YES! Nobody hould like what I don't like. Of course that's not possible so I have to put up with the existence of awful thoughts and beliefs contradictory to my own, but in a perfect world, it would not be so!
>Or is it just ships in these threads?
Yes. No. Kinda. You people are just too goddamn entitled.
>nuah fuck off shitlord muh fujoship is the REAL ship and you're a fucking opressive fucklord
Like goddamn, not everyone's gay for fuck's sake. Draw what you want, write what you want, but stop this whole "muh headcanon is the canon" shit. There's some fat brownskin cunt who insists Doom is a Transexual with an Open Borders Policy. For fuck's sake, he's a villain! A Dictator Villain! Let me have my goddamn villain totalitarian for God's sake... Maybe I should just become an X-Fag. They have so much canon faggotry that people have mostly stopped changing canon.
>Being flamboyant and charming with everyone has been one of his defining traits for decades. Tony flirts with anything that moves.
You can be flamboyant and not be a faggot.

Attached: 1511024984948.jpg (500x378, 21K)

>Good Morning, Beloved
>Straight man walks straightly down the straight stairs wearing the world's straightest turtleneck and straightly greets the other straight man he got straightly fucked by the night before.
Being an X-Fag is a fantastic career choice.

Attached: tumblr_mu1xvqAl571sy4e6go1_r1_1280.jpg (932x536, 183K)

...Yeah, thats pretty gay. I'm a rather flamboyant person, but not in that way. Some dudes do it when they're too tight, but I've never had friends. Well, I had, tons of them, then it was revealed they were all phony snakes who liked me for my stuff. But I took that hard lesson and never again allowed myself to trust the thieves of the world. Let alone the thots. They rub a leg, flash a smile and think, what, that you're the same as all those hormone-fueled simpletons? That you reach puberty and you suddenly drop your research to lust after them? Cunts, the lot of them, that's what they are. Phony snakes trying t steal my work. I knew it then, I know it now. I'll be damned if I share anything. I don't even go to Class. I stay inside and research everything myself. Uni, bah! A loss of time, a toxic necessity. But in this final year they shall all accept my brilliance as I climb the mountain while they've all been climbing the hills!

Anyway, fine then. I'm off to cancel my Iron Man sub and jump on Hickman's X-Men. At least there I'll get RightClops, Based Sinister, good sci-fi, regulated faggotry, fer fewer degeneracy and much more of the things I like. Question is, what character shall I take as a main? See, there's this problem I have, it's... Well, its too complicated, but I have this "need" to attach myself to something. And most muties don't have any academic knowledge past high school. A terrible dillema, really.

What have the X-lot been up to for the last couple of years? Quick rundown?

Fuck if I know (well, I know the basics, but I've never been an X-Fag), and honestly, I'm just playing along due to boredom. I've got no interest in getting into a whole new franchise. I like robots, I like corporate stuff, I like millitary fiction. I like Iron Man, I've read all the books, if a couple of faggots draw some smut it's no interest to me. I don't define myself by a goddamn comic book. You know what the beautiful thing about Stark is? He's such a mess canon wise, between the brain swaps, the AUs and the mergers, that you can take most of your HCs and pretend they're canon. Just canon to that one version. Or just create an AU version tailored exactly to your needs. That's what I did. I've got a whole Iron Man/MGS/Deus Ex/Half-Life/Zone Of The Enders/Cyberpunk/WestWorld/Billions type of fanfic scattered in notes, designs and whatever. I base my AU off the 616, but deviate where I need to, and everyone's happy!

Could be worse.
You could be a Pym fan.

Attached: hankpymdestroystheavengers.png (612x961, 531K)

This post gave me a pretty good laugh. Thank you Starkfag.

See user? You had me all wrong. I overact, I chew the scenery, I'm like Nic Cage! Great, but can go overboard at times. It's all just b&er, don't take it so seriously. Some of the things I post are true, others are not, some are just shitposting; it depends on my mood. I know the lore, I know the canon. But I prefer my own, you know? This whole thing it's just how I post in that "mode". I mean, do you think I literally cannot hold myself back from posting "fucking faggots REEEEEE" every time and get surprised when people call me out? It's fun, it's nice to LARP. Sure, I'm a racist, sexist, egotistical, greedy sonuvabitch, but I'm not dumb. This happens because I want it. If I wanted to discuss Iron Man properly, I'd bring up issues and whatnot, but, I guess I like the concept more than the execution, you know? So I sort of consider my own "rework" the "true" version. It's selfish, but, well, it is what it is. I've got a sort of weird train of thought when it comes to liking things. It's a sort of addiction of sorts, to a specific genre or type tied to the mood and the direction I'm going.

Anyhow, rambling aside, glad I gave you a laugh! And hey, it's barely an exaggeration; mostly the manner of speaking and "train of thought". The events themselves are rather true, sadly... I can be a real retard in certain points.

Attached: 1558022049731.jpg (752x823, 488K)

Organisms are the past, user. What is valuable, important and worth preserving about humans is intangible. We have a duty to upgrade to the anorganic.

>I can be a real retard

Yeah, we noticed.

It’s not an Iron Man thread without you, Starkfag.

Attached: 75E76586-0882-4721-BA2A-D293B4A9DAE2.jpg (236x236, 12K)

...Wow, it's like I'm in 15th Grade again...
>still missing the point
God, and here I thought we could have some fun.
Thanks. I work, well, mildly, truth be told, for it.

Attached: Ultimates 2 014-016 (2).jpg (1979x570, 259K)

>I work, well, mildly, truth be told, for it

Please just stop.

You can certainly rival numarvel with how ridiculously bad your posts read at times.

Attached: DizZ2reV4AAgBAe.jpg (500x500, 49K)

>It's because inter-Avengers capeships inherently suck. If you want good pairings, you have to go X-Men or Spider-Man.
Before Slott, Black Cat was the only Spider-Man capeship for the first 50 years. It's not fair to say that inter-Avengers capeships are all inherently bad, but it is fair to say that any of them that readers liked were broken by the end of the 1980s.

Fine then, I shall stop if you lot cannot appreciate fun b&er. The whole point is to come off as obnoxious and irritating as it gets, but alas, I wouldn't expect Yea Forumsmblr to understand. Still, you'll now be free to discuss all your faggotry without me barging in and ruining your backpartying. Regardless, I've lost interest, anyhow. Not just in this LARP, but in the character and wider universe. Nothing is quite to my liking anymore, really. Maybe I really should follow Hickman over to the X-Men.I'm staying on board with Capeshit until Morrison finishes his GL, so what the hell, why not follow my favorite autist.

Attached: hm.jpg (964x1015, 347K)

>Maybe I should just become an X-Fag. They have so much canon faggotry that people have mostly stopped changing canon.
user, take some time to read about Phoenix Lore and how it's changed over the years. X-Men canon is no more fixed than anything else at Marvel.

I know, I know. I've read my fair share of X-Shit. I just can't shake away the fact thatthey're standins for nogs, fags and trannies. The same way I could never like Doom because he's a goddamn gypsy rat. Iron Man was the logical choice for me as a kid.

>Fine then, I shall stop

Good.

And there's the other shoe.

What's happening in this picture? Is Tony getting his brain removed?

Good. Good.Goodgoodgood.
I don't get it.
The Maker is extracting his tumor, which is an Infinity Gem.

>ults tony has a brain tumour
>it turns out it’s sentient and starts manifesting as a vision of a child only he can see that he calls Anthony (ults Tony is called Antonio)
>he communicates with it and convinces the tumour to stop growing
>acts as a father to Anthony and they grow close
>turns out the tumour was an infinity stone all along because Tony’s Brain is a Like That
>Reed extracts it from his brain and kills Anthony
Ults was a wild ride.

Attached: EEDED376-24E4-4911-BE9C-40508AE3EB29.jpg (476x640, 72K)

He was a dick towards Steve in the MCU and i hated that especially how it all stemmed on some bullshit daddy issues. I kind of wish Howard wasn't involved with Project Rebirth.

>Steve dies
>Tony becomes a mess

>I don't get it.

You came out as a bigoted asshole. Nothing to do with being an annoying prick, but it's like two prongs of a particularly nasty fork.

Eh, the shitty attitude was on both sides in that dynamic. I think Whedon was intending the dynamic to go from rivals to bffs but fucked it up in AoU, then the Russo takeover meant they made the whole thing seem more mean spirited and miserable.

Attached: BDDE75BB-A55B-4FDF-9F13-273122D2C3E3.jpg (900x587, 201K)

I would love to see Tony involve himself in more magical stuff. Maybe dable a little in it with Strange and have a fight with Doom going all out in magic and tech only winning by the narrow margin by something Doon saw beneath him. In the epilogue Tony decides to focus on being an engineer but we see him hiding magical wards showing that still appreciates and applies what he learn.

Hm, yeah, now I get it, sure. And I'm not an asshole. I'm just... "complex".

Well, he’s “leaking magic” in Simone’s latest issue, so we’ll see if that goes anywhere fun before Slott ruins it all.

Attached: F300DA3E-C327-4BC8-B031-6E81A86D7CE1.jpg (1040x1600, 470K)

>I would love to see Tony involve himself in more magical stuff.
Literally why? What's the point of each book having its own little corner if everything bleeds into it? Read magic books if you like magic. What's wrong with keeping things seperate?

>You could be a Pym fan.
I'm sorry for your misfortune.

The "Liar" speech was really hard to watch and the worst part was how everyone around them was too stunned to say anything and play off it. I wish Downey stuck to the script. The Russos then didn't address it throughout the entire movie. Tony didn't say a single word about forgiving Steve ("Resentment is corrosive" is such a non-statement) or apologize for ghosting Steve for seven years.

Solid Dick you dumb fuck

>lose pseudo son
>worst nightmare comes true after warning for years
>untreated stab wound
>trapped in space and starve for 20 something odd days
>finally get back to home planet
>confronted with the guy who broke your trust
>have a IV hooked up to you, not even allowed a shower or shave
>poked at for details
honestly, I'd probably lash out as well in some capacity if I was in his shoes. as a third person while I can understand the urgency of wanting to know the full situation harrying him when he's in such a awful state won't make it come any easier when he's been left to stew in such a critical state not only physically but mentally. I agree they should've left that improv out though if they never planned on properly addressing it after. I expected full on apologies from both sides about the events of civil war but I guess in the eyes of the russo's the "do you trust me?" "I do" was suppose to suffice because men don't know how to properly apologize.

Attached: 1559082356111.png (797x927, 13K)

>confronted
That's a strange way of describing Steve pleading for the absolute minimum information and only after Tony got all his injuries treated (IV and a wheelchair meant Tony had recovered enough to be out of bed). Then he went on to rant about how Steve should have read his mind about his suit of armor around the world in Ultron (but apparently there was no time for a city hall debate) and he went off about "his precious freedoms" to the guy who took down Hydra too many times to count.

Tony is one of the worst things to have happened to Steve in the MCU.

Haven't they been doing this same thing with Thor and Captain America too?

Just constantly bouncing between being dead, a villain, or a loser that sucks at everything they do

Tfw Cap had to play second fiddle to Iron Boy. MCU truly is the worst timeline.

>indiewire.com/2019/06/tony-stark-death-scene-improvised-avengers-endgame-1202150106/

>But the film’s biggest improvisational moment just so happened to beTony Stark’s death. In avideo interviewwith Pinkvilla (viaScreenRant),Tom Hollandsaid the death of Iron Man was not scripted and was filmed with only the actors, the directors, and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige on set.

>“It was interesting because, when we shot that scene with Robert there was no real script, at all,” Holland said. “It was just Kevin Feige, the two Russo brothers, myself, Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Don Cheadle. They kinda brought us to set, they kind of told us what was gonna happen, or what they wanted to happen and then we sort of just improvised if I can remember correctly.”

All 3 have been getting fucked something fierce but Tony has probably gotten the worst of it over time.

I don't understand the complaint paired with that quote since "Tony is one of the worst thing to happen to Steve." Wouldn't less scenes with them interacting be preferable?

I wanted better Steve and Tony interactions. Specifically, I wanted MCU Tony to be better.