One of the greatest animated movies of all time is about an obese panda voiced by jack black

>one of the greatest animated movies of all time is about an obese panda voiced by jack black
how did they do it?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYAQtEs2Img
its-not-its.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good action and supprisingly touching

By following the hero's journey to a tee while being super stylized about it.

Advertising synergy with WoW

The third movie was shit, I rather watch the TV show instead of watching that crap.

Attached: jhgfds.jpg (398x425, 14K)

Great villians (sans the third movie) carry it.

Jack Black's just a genuinely cool guy.

Attached: brutal legend.jpg (2073x1441, 315K)

TV gave the five and shifu great focus episodes so it's great IMO.

Master Oogway and Shifu's final talk is too well written and delivered for a comedy movie called Kung Fu Panda.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYAQtEs2Img

Attached: 3098457.gif (170x200, 41K)

>mfw the Kung Fu Panda series has better fight choreography and fights than most action cartoons and anime
I rewatched 2 a few weeks ago and it's fucking hilarious how much better it is then most shit that pride themselves in their fights like battle and shounen anime

Attached: 1549336882415.png (314x412, 105K)

No dated humor plus a genuine love for old martial arts films.

One was a surprise, 2 was a big surprise, 3 was exactly the crap I thought these movies would be.

Goddamn that movie sucks but the choreography and story in the first two is wonderful,

Amazon One wasn't too bad either

>that discussion about controlling when the peach tree flowers and planting the seed
shit, this was deeper than i remember

Actually good animation scenes.

Wait, what?

They didn't get all the same big-name voice actors back did they?

I did think it was odd that they got Jackie Chan in the movie and gave him like three lines.

Monkey doesn't really have a personality in the movies compared to the show.

A unique setting, real-life kong fu movies being used as inspiration for the action scenes, bombastic presentation, not bringing a serious backstory for the protagonist until the sequel so they could focus on the story better, and animation that still stays impressive to this day.

TV Show was good for what it was, even if it had a shoestring budget.

I just want to see tai lung again. He was an absolute monster

>doing it so well the Chinese have a literal crisis over how Western devils do a better job depicting their own culture in movies

He contributed alot to the character, originally Po was supposed to be Shrek 2.0.

Yeah. I wonder when the next season’s coming out.

>What the HEEEEELL?

>one of the greatest animated movies of all time
>one of the greatest animated sequel of all time
>only to rruined by a shit tier third movie

Reminder that you all need to watch the traditionally animated shorts

Attached: secrets of the masters.gif (400x228, 1.98M)

Attached: secrets of the masters 2.png (989x532, 986K)

Attached: secrets of the masters 3.png (997x521, 1.05M)

Attached: secrets of the masters 4.png (998x527, 1.03M)

Attached: secrets of the masters 5.png (975x526, 849K)

>implying a bad sequel can ruin self contained movies
Just don't watch it nigga

Back in 2003 Warcraft 3 introduced an NPC race called the Pandarens, a group of elusive panda people that were a bunch of months that did martial arts. In 2011 WoW released an expansion pack called Mist of Pandaria that was all about them and their country, and made them into a playable race. This happened to come along right around the same time Kung Fu Panda 2 was released, it's unclear if one inspired the other in any way but regardless they may have helped each other out by putting the idea of pandas doing kung-fu in people's heads.

Thank fucking Christ for Jack Black, then.

And Shrek was originally supposed to have Mike Myers' natural Canadian accent. He recorded almost the entire script before saying it wasn't working and starting over with the Scottish accent.

Attached: jamesbaxterpanda2.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Jackie Chan has very little confidence in his English speaking voice and as a general rule avoids voice acting roles in English, he no doubt only took the part in Kung Fu Panda because the character spoke so little. Even when he had his own cartoon, Jackie Chan Adventures, he only played himself for the live action segments and had fellow Chinese-American actor James Sie voice the role. He must have done a good Jackie because he also took over the part of Monkey in the cartoon series.

>one of the greatest animated movies of all time
John B. Calhoun and Thomas Malthus would shit themselves at how right they were.

Same. He's still one of the most badass villains in cg film history. I will never forget watching his insane break out when I was younger

absolute 10/10 scene..

Attached: kfp.png (1275x537, 837K)

The best Chinese food is in the west, the best Chinese games are in the west, the best Chinese movies are in the west, its why I am never going back to china, its home right here.

>its why I am never

its-not-its.info/

Where do the Pandawa fit?

Attached: 7BA510AC-C1EE-47F5-A6CE-AA37AE65E85B.png (587x449, 306K)

Attached: 12033702_10153710122391458_1130175091_n.jpg (636x473, 25K)

In wakfu.

What Transformers series is this one?