Krypton Live Thread

Krypton s2 begins tonight in a few short minutes so let's get a thread going.

>Light-Years From Home
>Adam Strange and Seg-El evade a bounty hunter; General Zod uses Nyssa to further his cause.

Attached: 0kyrtosn.jpg (800x400, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/tv/news/lobo-syfy-krypton-spin-off-1203240929/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know why but this moment cracked me up last year

Attached: I don't believe you.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

First for best girl.

Attached: Wallis-Day.jpg (1068x894, 86K)

mmmmh, good to be back

Also Lobo is getting a spin-off

variety.com/2019/tv/news/lobo-syfy-krypton-spin-off-1203240929/

Attached: Lobo-vs-Superman.jpg (1400x700, 136K)

OP here, I saw another guy made a thread, you can do it next week. I probably won't have the chance to.

Good to be back.

Oh right Nyssa is a clone
That's not gonna end well, but when has clone stories ever ended well

I don't know what's more unbelievable the fact that this piece of shit is still on the air or the fact that it's getting a spinoff

>General Zod
>Superman'sgreatest enemy

pfft, not even top 3

Sure user. I usually make threads 5 minutes before showtime

Attached: kneel nigga.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

I didn't think anyone else remembered, you have have your job back.

Is this nigga really claiming Sig as his dad in the past?

>Kryptonian Exceptionism
So what is the comic reason for Krypton never gone full Empire Order or Battlestar Galactica

Attached: Andre didn't Sign Up for This.gif (255x191, 1.9M)

Honestly, love the character designs in this show.
Weird that we're getting Pennyworth after Krypton. Are we gonna get Themyscira?
Sweet, Giffen should help manage it.

Attached: 1558399880516 (2).jpg (650x1410, 207K)

Why the fuck not?

I like this version of Zod

Based Walter.

Did Nyssa and Adam ever meet?

I guess we are going to try to prove that locations are more interesting than the actual superheroes. Gotham worked great without Batman.

kek Adam pls

How old is Adam here again?

He doesn't think it would be strange that he is the son of Sig despite Sig being given to Nyssa? He doesn't think people might question his legitimacy since I suspect Krypton might have a birthing room age thing. Hell he looks other than Sig.

So either that baby becomes Zor or Jor or that baby gonna die

>I guess we are going to try to prove that locations are more interesting than the actual superheroes.
Yeah, its a really interesting take. Will they stick with this trend?

I don't know about trends but I do know Metropolis is coming, beyond that though is there any other DC series that could carry a series?

>Zod is turning all planets into Krypton

Okay cool but what are you going to do after that.

Why Kryptonian physiology? Wouldn't yellow suns be better?

Recruit more soldiers to conquer more planets

I got to hand it to them, Gotham and Krypton are success stories. Themyscira could work.

>somatic reconditioning

kek, nice touch

On what channel, Lifetime?

But he is killing everyone on these planets, he is not recruiting anyone.

Goyer was supposed to be attached to this after all

sooner or later he'll think he is hot shit and try to invade Apokolips, and that will be that

I never said his plan make sense

Can Doomsday take on Darkseid?

Darkseid wouldn't bother trying, he'd just boom tube him across the galaxy

Seg you idiot

Nah, gotta put it on BET.

Zod is running entirely on BIG DOOMDAY ENERGY right now and he needs to chill.

Having a bunch of empty Kryptons with regular ass red suns doesn't make a lick of sense. He needs to try to make a yellow sun over there or something.

Lyta worst girl.

Nyssa best girl.

Brainiac best boy.

Attached: WallisDay3.jpg (900x1200, 130K)

Maybe he's paranoid because he knows yellow sun can create another Kal-El in the rebels, so he's shutting down yellow suns to prevent that

conquest isn't his immediate concern, survival of the species is priority

We're not even halfway through the first episode and Brainiac is already 12 steps ahead.

Space Pope with the keikaku

the main man will probably take him down a peg

Based Brainy

What the fuck does Brainiac need him for
>it's a bodyjack plot

he wants a yellow sun powered Kryptonian up his sleeve, just in case

...this may be my favourite version of Brainiac

empty planets = real estate opportunites

Planet Otis

this, somehow surpassed Corey Burton

>Brainiac is totally fine with the idea of Seg betraying him because he knows his betrayal will be more effective and preemptive than Seg's ever will be

Imagine the big bad of last season talking shit right to your face and your response is to talk shit right back

>Why would I help you
>I can build a ship
>but as soon as I help you, you will betray me
>Sure will so let's go build that ship

Cool Brainiac.

Holy fuck I love this Brainiac

So Zod is all about survival of Krypton, Brainiac killed his race for his own survival, Lobo is the last Czarnian, and Doomsday outright cannot killed, or at least he always comes back
That's quite a theme

huh, so it is, is Krypton the most stealth kino show on tv?

So last ep will be the last of your species, versus on History Channel?

kek dis nigga still lives

So this guy survived...

Not any more

Nah, he is a survivor. Just a flesh wound.

Shit just keeps getting worse for everybody.

Dru is such a dumb name

Things are looking good for Brainiac

Zod got his mother on that stupid dumb shit.

We really Gods and Monsters future now

Okay Brainiac, you can have Krypton, these guys are assholes anyway.

user...

Fucking what

Oh shit, Brainiac was murdered.

MAN OF MURDER

they've been advertising the shit out of Brainiac, he's body jumped but will be taking his time to possess Seg

Up to his old tricks again, as always
Man by the time this show ends, Superman's lineage will be all fucked

....h-he is still alive r-right guys??

Lobo isn't going to show up until the last 10 seconds of the episode.

>Brainiac
>dying
>let along on Colu, his home turf, by a non-powered Kryptonian with a stick
He's playing 8D chess again

Adam's future saw Brainiac bottling Earth, so it's all part of the keikaku

True. Based Brainiac.

Attached: 18c.jpg (394x470, 32K)

FUCKING DAWG?

Last two minutes.

Reminder that Lobo is played by Corrigan back in Constantine

8D chess confirmed

HOW IS KRYPTON SO GOOD

Its like one of the few comic shows where I actually like the characters, new take on the story, and effects/designs.

>Kiss Army
Burn

So Sig must reform Lyta with his dick while making sure Brainiac doesn't gain control of his dick?

Because it's allowed to take liberties with the lore instead of being committee designed
Which is probably also why it won't last too long on air

Never really imagined Lobo with an Irish accent, but he looks and acts pretty nice so far.

Because you honestly don't know what is going to happen or what can happen. It a fairly good take on source material that usually isn't played around with much.

it's already lasted long enough
>best Brainiac
>best General Zod
>best Doomsday
>probably best Lobo

DC kino is taking shape.

Gotham has given us
>best Penguin
>best Joker two times
>best Zsasz
>best Hugo Strange

Would you rather it last long enough like arrow but with a steady decline in quality?

Hard to say at this point. I'm too used to the CW model at this point.

Crazy that it happened before the season even started airing. They must be really confident in him. Or really desperate for shows.

>Metropolis is coming
For real?

Oh shit season 2 is today? Sick

He's a pretty good Zod.

He almost killed Darkseid in Hunter/Prey but that was a shitty comic anyway

Ok, after Krypton and Gotham what other location could they adapt for a prequel series?

Still pretty fucked up they killed a kid in s1

Haven't watched it yet, how was it?

Apokolips

Its something entirely new with familiar concepts

nice!

they did just cancel Deadly Class and Happy

no

it was supposed to be on the streaming service but that's not going to be around for much longer

Themyscira really does seem like the obvious choice

So will this second season be simultaneously available on DCUniverse or do I have to go to Syfy's site again like last year?

Is there a Mega linko for the first season?

>stealth

DC isn't that competent so probably the latter

Just saw this. Basic thoughts are glad that season one was Zod time travel Adam Strange stuff. The Fortress being a thing is nice. Like that Brainiac, Doomsday, phantom zone and the clone concept is around.

So far introducing Lobo was cool. He deserves his own spin off since movie never and tv is a better format for all this shit anyway. I'm glad I'm seeing more Zeta beam. Still annoyed Adam deosn't have the jet pack laser gun hero look and wears hoodies. Enjoying that the moons and space elevators are relevant. Hope we get more clone shit. Maybe some Rann stuff. Def more Brainy because its fucking sick.

Ok, I can almost understand the Kryptonians having English accents but why does Lobo sound like the lost member of Die Antwoord?

Attached: shithead detected.png (1058x980, 1.29M)

Was this from the first season? I didn't remember it and it seemed to come out of nowhere.

Why is Lobo on Colu anyway

Probably got drunk and crashed his hog.

How are they gonna fight Lobo anyway. Dude is a Czaranian and they they are non powered kryptonians also this is a split timeline now anyway right so anything goes

Attached: brain-splatter-iac.png (1920x1080, 3.81M)

From the preview of the next episode it looks like he's not really going to by that hostile to them.

who is the Kryptonian Felicity here?

>a side character in early episodes Yea Forums agreed to be best girl until she hijacks the show
Nyssa?

Felicity was never good though.

Attached: 4chan co loves Felicity FUCKING Smoak 43.jpg (1153x851, 160K)

You see, these are the opinions of those who even watched CW trash.

Who said anything about fighting him

Attached: tumblr_prau15PRPz1rmch00o1_500.gif (416x234, 1.88M)

how SJW is this series? Im sick and tired of being pandered to

>how SJW
depends on your definition of SJW

The Zods are black but the acting is ayt. Its pretty good sci-fi show with elements of DC in it.

all the women can do no wrong and the men are incompetent retards that make the world awful. Also pronoun bullshit and shit like blatantly forced gay pairings

race doesnt matter too much as long as the actors are good but having shit shoved down your throat to show how "progressive" they are gets old quick. I already feel like everyones trying to use this month to sell me shit just because its LGBT friendly

>how SJW is this series?
not enough

Attached: a vlcsnap-2018-04-20-15h30m29s391.jpg (1920x1088, 96K)

Then its not really SJW. Its pretty ayt, you might like it. You guys like how Zods mom turned heel

I was more surprised at how Zod's grandma turned face

saw none of those but i don't know how acute your sensitivity level is. for all i know a female character ordering an attack that ends in total failure (squad is wiped out) is considered a win because it bought the civilians some time to evacuate.

Oh man, I kinda wonder if Cor-Vex is Jor-El or not.

so i don't read comics. what happened on Krypton? Some kind of global catastrophe? Why do they live under protective domes in city-states?

there's black people and women doing things and I think one of the men is a gay! better steer clear of this one

I mainly ment how arrow started turning out when I dropped it where oliver was just shit all the time

C'mon bruh, Krypton blew up. This is like pop culture 101

blondie with big tits also turned face

theres a difference between characters being a different race just for a check mark and it just being that they were the better actor calm your tits. Theres obviously been an agenda the last few years and when its blatant I cant stand it, some shows do a decent job of gay couples where they dont come out and say it for no reason but to say it.

It's been a while since S1, but isn't this basically a host body prepared by nanomachines that Brainiac's consciousness was essentially downloaded into? There's no real way to "kill" Brainiac, as I'm sure there's plenty of intact nanotech in that shell keeping his consciousness around. Not to mention there's there could easily be another copy outside of the Phantom Zone trying to reform.

>Krypton blew up
i mean before that

Attached: 15567891561760.jpg (864x1080, 500K)

The trailer for the season had Lobo saying that Seg is infected

too early to tell. they still have to clear up the relationship triangle first.

Krypton is a totalitarian shithole thats full of xenephobes

Kandor is a xenophobic culture with a rank system that's more or less a caste or class system, which is plagued with political infighting between the warrior guild(Sagitari controlled by the Zods), law guild (The Vex family), religion guild(Voice of Rao before Space Pope got eaten by Brainiac), and science guild (The Els before they got kicked out). They didn't believe alien races exist, which is what got the Els kicked out of guilds and became commoner trash.
No word on Argo or Kryptonopolis but they are probably the same.
They also have barbarian/native american/pagan equivalent in the form or Cythonnites, people who worship old gods other than Rao. They are also the one that kept an eye on Doomsday before timeline got assfucked

New Genesis

i thought krypton was polytheistic until the rao-ists got enough clout to make it the official and only religion, at least in the TV version.

Xena-esque young Hippolyta series where she goes on violent bi/lesbian adventures battling gods, monsters and warlords. You know you want it.

Attached: Xena.jpg (1200x800, 75K)

they have to do the xena battlecry.

Alex Strange have come back to Krypton to get Superwoman's grandfather off his ass and stop the Maternity who is the creator of Brainiac before she takes Kandor.

That's dandy but what user was asking about is why everything outside the domes is a barren, semi-airless winter wonderland full of ruins. In World Of Krypton, I think it got fucked up during their version of the clone wars but I don't remember what they said caused it here.

>You know you want it.
Yeah, I do but who's the bad guy? I know Wonder Woman has a ton of enemies but what about the Amazons? Most of Wonder Womans villains weren't born yet too.

Take a random book on Greek mythology and go nuts

Does Hippolyta have any enemies? I thought she had a few.

Idk the only time they showed Krypton being barren from what I know in comics was Clark Kent Son of Earth comic where Clark was sent to Krypton

>Yeah, I do but who's the bad guy? I know Wonder Woman has a ton of enemies but what about the Amazons?
One of her big antagonists is Hercules, who was inspired by Ares to go after the Amazons. So you got demigods and actual gods there that you can branch out of. Then you got the drama with Antiope and the Bana-Mighdall splitting off from the Amazons proper. Splash in various monsters and warlords she could fight, ala Xena. And in the last season you could even go full comic and flash forward to have her become JSA Wonder Woman. There's tons of stuff you could do with Hippolyta.

Id watch it also people would "like" it because of all female cast

Attached: krypton_wallis-day.gif (480x264, 2.96M)

>And in the last season you could even go full comic and flash forward to have her become JSA Wonder Woman.
That would be nice. Who would you cast to play the JSA though?