Can someone fill me in on Hank Pym? I'm interested in him because I think growing big is a cool power...

Can someone fill me in on Hank Pym? I'm interested in him because I think growing big is a cool power, but don't know if there's an iconic run or if the character is even worth getting into.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLz.jpg (477x734, 520K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GPUgjy-Pn-4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>reading big two comics
>2019

Is being contrarian that fun? I like superheroes, therefore I read big two.

>Made stuff change side
>Built a robot supervillain that requires all of the Avengers to routinely stop
>Beat his wife

That's just it, OP. Probably a guy who didn't have bad intentions but just cannot stop colossally fucking up.

Would an 'Evil' Pym try to kill everyone but improve their lives instead?
youtu.be/GPUgjy-Pn-4

Like if people would've found all of Syndrome's tech on his island by the end of The Incredibles and it'd transform society into The Jetsons' Earth?
Might be nice.

An evil Hank Pym would be like Ultron, but not hung up on weird parental issues, and be so catastrophically successful entire alien empires would fall to him.

Nothing contrarian about it. There's other actual good comics out there. Stop being a shill for a company that hates your guts.

let's get this thread over with. post that image.

This one?

Attached: 1342404418385.jpg (1016x771, 251K)

Attached: Whump.jpg (471x431, 78K)

Attached: Recommended Hank Pym.png (400x410, 104K)

Attached: hank pyms costumes.jpg (1269x354, 201K)

Attached: peter wife beater.jpg (620x956, 127K)

Attached: DoInsectsLove_AOAMWsp.jpg (1440x2233, 573K)

also that remender graphic novel where pym and ultron merged

That was trash, though.

Hank Pym is essentially what happens when a mad scientist is a good person, but God decrees he has to be a supervillain.

I liked this one, someone once said that Pym is the little working ant that will try to do whatever his colony needs.

you are fucking retarded, Rage of Ultron was the best thing Marvel had released in YEARS!

Attached: rage-of-ultron-ultron-and-yellowjacket-opena1.jpg (666x1024, 447K)

Are you stupid? Avengers AI featuring Hank was from the same era and did more to develop the character. Remember just regressed him.

Hank will never be fully away from his mental anxieties and Rage of Ultron was a way to move him forward and address his anxieties. for one, it really does a good job of establishing that Hank does, in a way, love Ultron, other books have done it but it was done here in such an emotional manner. And then how he is defeated is really well done, "Love Thyself" is something Pym has Never ever been able to do...during Busiek's run he only managed to accept himself, not love himself.

>Hank will never be fully away from his mental anxieties
From his illnesses, no. From Ultron, yes. He was over that. Crap writers keep rehashing the same plots over and over.
>Rage of Ultron was a way to move him forward
By bringing him backwards? It's clear you haven't read Avengers AI. He was fully moving forward there. Your shitty story ignored continuity for the sake of its writer ego and to 'leave a mark'.

ya, Avengers AI is one of the few Pym stories (from the 2000s on) that I haven't read...I honestly just keep forgetting about it. my bad. I will get on reading that.

Still, Rage of Ultron is one of my favorite modern Marvel comics. And it's very well liked on most sites, including Yea Forums. This is the first time I have seen someone on this board shit on Rage of Ultron

I couldn't care less about the consensus. You love it because you haven't read many comics from that era, so you think its quality is rare. It's a comic by casuals, for casuals.

>I couldn't care less about the consensus
good for you, I don't love it cause others do, I love it cause it's a great Hank Pym story. Characters being brought back is always a thing in the Big 2, if you hate it so much why the hell would you read big 2 comics? Everyone will eventually be regressed to their "iconic moment". For Hank that is Ultron, it will ALWAYS be Ultron.

Attached: pym run.webm (640x360, 947K)

About to make a hero called The Scientist Supreme on city of heroes. Should he be a mastermind using robots or an energy blaster??

>it's a great Hank Pym story
No, a story that disrespects the character's history is not a great Hank Pym story. You love it because it's flashy and big like a popcorn movie and you can understand it if you only know the basics.

Robut's ofc

Attached: ultron drunk.jpg (640x341, 102K)

>You love it because it's flashy and big like a popcorn movie
fuck right off. Yes, I missed your dog fucker's story, but it respects the character.

He’s bi polar and trying his best to be a hero and also has an inferiority complex

Read a fuck load of Avengers, he’s good

>it respects the character
>by regressing all his development
hahahahahaha

I don't think Big 2 books are for you

No, no, stay on topic. Do explain how doing that is "respectful".

Yeah thought of that, was going for this look what do you think?

Attached: hank1.png (480x631, 309K)

it honors the core of the character, honors his relationship with Ultron

In your mind regressing back his health is "honouring"? If he slapped Janet again, because that's his most popular story and hence the core of his character, it would be "honourable"?

>If he slapped Janet again, because that's his most popular story
oh fuck off, quit false flagging. His most popular story is Ultron Unbound

Attached: ultron family.jpg (666x366, 133K)

The slap is still part of his core. So answer my question, if he slapped her again it would be "honouring" in your twisted mind?

FPBP

no it is not a part of his core. The only hack writers that thought that were Bendis and Millar who just used it to shit on the character at every chance they got. Why are you purposefully being so dense?

As a filthy casual Rage of Ultron was a really good standalone from only knowing cursory knowledge of Pym.

Why are YOU being so dense? Ultron went on to take part of the bigger Marvel universe, even becoming a cosmic villain. Hank's life didn't revolve around him. When he came back from being replaced by a Skrull, his only concern was whether he had slapped Janet. When Casey retold the entirety of the Silver Age, Ultron was a footnote while the slap was his entire character arc.

I'd argue that while the slap shouldn't be made part of his core character he's still a damaged individual and that aspect works well for stories he's the focus of.

Recommendations? I love East of West, Hellboy, Bone, and Invincible.

Hellboy & Bone definitely. I also dig Resident Alien & Blacksad. Maybe Lastman if you don't mind waiting for the next 3 volumes or so to get translated.