Why is she so fucking boring

Why is she so fucking boring.

Attached: Garnet-NewGen_2.png (1750x3050, 105K)

You have bad taste

Because she's a lesbian.

Attached: 1559761803017.gif (320x240, 997K)

she's not a character so much as an idea
And ideas can be really fucking boring

I always thought Garnet was supposed to be Rebecca Sugars self insert.

Because she's like five different minorities crammed into a single character, so she can't be allowed to have any flaws or else any of those minority groups would feel personally attacked.

A character with no flaws is dreadfully boring.

Her only redeeming trait was being the mysterious girl. When the mystery was revealed she lost everything she had.

the writers didn't really know what to do with her after the sardonyx arc and peridemption

>Sardonyx arc
>Pearl had to carry that whole arc by herself
>Peridemption
Not gonna like Garnet literally felt shoehorned in during there.

t. didn't watch the show

I want to get crushed by those thighs

She can see the future, so she's not aloud to do anything. Or something dumb like that

>I want to get crushed by those thighs
Just for fun I going try to guess some things about you just from your post.
Sex: Female
Race: White
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Weight: Slightly chubby
How much did I get correct?

After the reveal about her being a fusion her entire character revolved around nothing but fusion talk, exposition about fusion, angst about homeworld's fusion heterophobia, etc

bro you just posted cringe

>After the reveal about her being a fusion her entire character revolved around nothing but fusion talk, exposition about fusion, angst about homeworld's
Holy shit you're right. Garnet is literally just the physical manifestation of people obsessed with identity politics. Someone who takes one trait about themselves, and makes it the only thing about them. Garnet could have been an amazing social commentary in that sense if she wasn't constantly played up as being almost perfect.
>homeworld's heterophobia
Holy shit. Thats what it is isn't it.

Attached: !163472458683.jpg (1152x864, 112K)

Don't worry, we have no more subscriber to lose

They figured "we're gonna blow everyone's mind when we reveal she's a fusion, so we don't need to make her interesting!" In their minds, it gave the writers a free pass to do less work.

>the mysterious girl
I wouldn't even call her that. The other gems had way more intriguing hints about their backstories & personalities.

>The other gems had way more intriguing hints about their backstories & personalities.
Yeah the gems that actually had the most "mysterious" vibe to them were Lapis, and Pearl. And now that Pearl's entire backstory has been revealed, its mostly lapis to a small degree.

She's stuck in a leadership role but ISN'T the main character.
So the plot can't really focus on her and being the pseudo leader forces her into a very static role.

She surrounded by far more interesting characters. Amethyst and Pearl are walking wrecks, desperate for affection and validation. While Garnet is a stable relationship able to function without anyone and much more calm headed than the others. Throughout the entire series she only really has two episodes showing genuine emotional conflicts for her specifically, Ruby and Sapphire don't count.

>Ruby and Sapphire don't count.
God I hate the Ruby and Sapphire episodes so much. And not because of lesbian stuff, since I am a unapologetic y/u/ri fag. They just end up being boring and bad for the most part. Though keystone motel was pretty interesting.

What does the "t." mean in this site? I still don't have a clue.

Dude the "almost perfect" shit is literally her whole arc. She feels she needs to be a perfect leader for the team but can't live up to what Rose was. There are multiple episodes about this. You complained about her not having any depth or character development and stated exactly what her character development was in the exact same post. Did you even watch the fucking show, you clown?

I too am curious.

>newfags
It essentially means user is talking about the the person he's responding to. Like "(you) didn't watch the show)". It originated on some eurofag image board.

Garnet is shit and you're shit for liking her

The one and only time I remember Garnet being interesting in the last couple of seasons was the episode where she was trying to cope with the vulnerability from no longer being able to reliably see into the future. Which, incidentally, I think was the only Garnet episode after the reveal that didn't involve fusion.

Attached: 406.jpg (227x294, 11K)

Summer's already here user. Prepare for summer f*gs.

Well, for one thing, she's not a person. She's two lesbians in a trench coat. Therefore she cannot possibly have an actual living, changing personality, because she doesn't exist.

It's like asking why Vincent Adultman isn't a realistic representation of a stockbroker.

>It originated on some eurofag image board.

So it means nothing in English? Now I don't feel bad for being confused.

>he self censored "fags"

Attached: disgusted cat.jpg (564x400, 47K)

I think Ruby and Sapphire would be more interesting if they just casually separated more often after their big reveal and had time to explore their own dynamics and interests alone or with the other characters.

I realize that they still want Garnet to seem like her own person, and not just two people in a suit, but she doesn't really have anything going on in her character arc besides fusion. The Pool Hopping episode is the only really good character building moment that explored her fears over being the leader and not knowing what the future holds, but sadly it only lasts one episode.

Attached: crystal gems.jpg (1280x1536, 290K)

Aren't they all?

It is a Finnish way of signing letters. The word "terveisin" means "regards." So while in english, you might write "Regards, user" to end a letter, in Finnish it would be "Terveisin, user." This is often shortened to just "t. user."
So when you say "t. Guy who sucks dick" while replying to someone else's post, you are implying that the post was written and would be signed by a guy who sucks dick.

t. newf*gnoid zoomer

She didnt use to be
But then they made her gay
Sometimes a character doesnt need a tragic backstory to be good or to be deep garnet was fine as real leader and stevens mentor, hell do you think having to lead a team of the last survivors of a war after your leader inexplicably banished is depth enough? Watch evangelion

>But then they made her gay
Technically Garnet is hetero.

>being this jealous of best mom

Attached: 1485389323401.jpg (674x697, 406K)

>jealous of some codependent heterogemsual

Attached: Peditot - Squash.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Attached: https%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2F8639bf8ae5e71d82dcba48c50c735d35%2Ftumblr_nwufg8uhhH1u5srk8o1_12 (540x879, 207K)

The writers stopped treating her as her own character after the fusion reveal, ironically going against their own established rules for the sake of the relationship allegory.

That's a pointless technicality used to shut down arguments, just like the "genderless space rocks" meme.

This has been educational.

I knew what it meant from context, but I never knew why.

Thanks.

Because the show is driven by the storyboarders, not the writers.

I've been on the site since late '17 but yes, I'm a newfag.

But still, thanks for the answer.

Her personality revolves around identity politics, which tends to make a character boring and predictable, plus she has the ability to see into the future, which could be used to make her clever and witty, but more often than not was just a deus ex machina.

Attached: tumblr_nsi63o3FRU1s5xdg6o5_500.jpg (500x281, 34K)

Because she's made of TWO terrible people.

I kind of wish that they had just stuck with her future vision not working anymore because of how unpredictable their lives had gotten.

She already has super strength and super speed. Future vision just feels kind of tacked on in how it's just there if they need it to help resolve something while ignoring it the rest of the time.

Pool’s Closed

Attached: 548E73B9-8745-4B69-BCF9-FB2E8DE317F5.gif (480x270, 1.39M)

Youre only an oldfag if you joined before 2019 you fucking newfag

>it's just there if they need it to help resolve something while ignoring it the rest of the time.
Yup. It's just a crutch for the writers brought up and forgotten about when it's convenient to them. You'd think Diamonds would each be accompanied by their own Sapphire, but that would require the writers put some thought into the world-building and potentially risk not having Garnet's future vision to fall back on. But that's asking way too much from this retarded kids show.

Attached: fc6.png (619x457, 759K)

>Sex
Wrong, I'm a guy and my dick is mmmmm huge
>Race
Correct
>Sexual orientation
Correct
>Weight
I'm a skinny manlet

2/4 ain't bad senpai

Would she be more interesting if she was a polyamorous bisexual instead?

Attached: f0b184c4acdbb48972beb98a25feea4c1c724c7f[1].png (854x833, 189K)

Garnet is a mary sue diversity hire burger king kids club bish

Her VA always sounding bored with the same tone makes the character more boring than she is.

Because you view the concept of "flaws" very literally.

Garnet is paralyzed by her responsibilities and self-limitations. You view that as her being "too perfect; not interesting."

She never HAD "Future Vision."
She has an innate, instinctual understanding of causality, due to her Sapphire half, which is augmented in power due to being a fusion.
Sapphire prediction is based on a society with incredibly regimented rules or structures, which is why Sapphire was not able to predict Ruby interfering when they became Garnet. By the same token, Steven's human unpredictability fucks with her predictions because she's unable to stop thinking like a Gem.
Again, there are MULTIPLE EPISODES explaining this but you fucking retards still don't get it.

Can’t make the black one anything but a paragon of intelligence and competency.

I get that the idea is that she's basically a computer calculating probability based on what she already knows, but the power still just works as much or as little as they need it to.

she's a midget standing on the shoulders of another midget

Is it weird that I wouldn't fuck Sapphire or Garnet but I'd fuck Ruby numb if I got the chance?

I knew the premise of it and that it was finnish origin but I didn't know what the t. was fully, thank you user

Seriously, and it's really easy to tell since she never got any focus episodes in seasons 3 and 4.

> There are multiple episodes about this
There's literally one (1), and it's a mediocre episodes that doesn't focus on that aspect until the last 2 minutes because the writers thought Garnet trying to be randum was a better use of the run time.

Attached: Soul Music Stops.png (480x610, 412K)

Pretty much. All the other gems had an excuse for willful interaction with humans, Garnet's the only one who really hasn't, so any excuse to get her away from the other Gems and not focusing on her components would be nice.

Her component parts are more interesting as separate lesbian midgets.

Attached: Ruby & Sapphire Afro Stove.gif (559x756, 114K)

would you Yea Forums?

Early on when like you had her talking to Connie's mom and you had those glimpses of how much of her cool persona were just a sort of awkwardness, I thought that was fascinating as hell. But then they kind of took away the things that made her interesting as time passed

Not them, but must plow the Sapphire

Yeah, I liked that as well. That she had a cute and positive dynamic with Steven, but with most other people she just put on the mysterious/stoic facade to deal with the role of leadership and her blunt lack of social cues.

It was funny, and brought an understandable set of flaws to her character, but that kind of waned over time.

Sapphire? Without hesitation.

Attached: 1547011457919.jpg (1280x760, 119K)

She's not boring, she's stable. Garnet is the Gem who, if she were real, you'd actually want to deal with regularly rather than Amethyst's Texas-sized self-loathing and disgusting personal habits or Pearl's warehouse full of attachment and dependency issues.

They really aren't.

Not only is she their nigger representation along with Armrest, she's also their lesbian representation, so they have to be as careful as possible to make sure she never says or does anything questionable to put their demographics in a bad light and be racihomophobist

This. Stable people aren't the most interesting characters though Garnet's insecurities in S5 made for a fun episode or two.

>when you realize Saphire just has a massive, floppy vagina instead of legs.

Attached: 12-124639_sapphire-steven-universe-ruby-and-sapphire.png.jpg (840x1212, 250K)

Sapphire has legs in her base form, the dress is just super long.

Fusion ruined my sweet thick mama

I want her to spread my legs and breed me and/or fuck me in the ass

Yes , they did vandalize a Motel and a Diner and Greg had to pay .Man , the Gems are cunts .