Looney Tunes 2019 has arrived

BRAND NEW Looney Tunes preview short is here and it's far better than what we expected but exactly what we deserve. Animation kino is back, boys

youtube.com/watch?v=KK541L5x_IY

The first few shorts have already been shown at the Annecy festival and there are more to come soon.

Attached: looney-tunes-2.jpg (580x340, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/Cecil_Turtle
looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/The_Gremlin
youtube.com/watch?v=Qtxx9qEFrGw
youtube.com/watch?v=zAPf5fSDGVk
polygon.com/2019/6/12/18663327/looney-tunes-cartoons-shorts-series-annecy
awn.com/news/watch-brand-new-looney-tunes-short-dynamite-dance-premieres-annecy
mpaa.org/2018/06/1000-minutes-of-new-looney-tunes-are-on-the-way/
variety.com/2019/film/festivals/warner-bros-looney-tunes-cartoons-bow-2019-annecy-festival-1203160337/
youtube.com/watch?v=3uXiin5iXmo
fatherly.com/news/looney-tunes-returning-new-episodes-2019/
thewrap.com/looney-tunes-cartoons-bugs-bunny-daffy-duck-warner-bros-tv/
syfy.com/syfywire/thats-not-all-folks-new-looney-tunes-shorts-will-arrive-next-year
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Cartoons#cite_note-annecy2-5
youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Golden_Collection
youtube.com/watch?v=aaBvcEDy8n0
animationmagazine.net/shorts/that-wascally-wabbits-back/
twitter.com/AGuyWhoDraws/status/1139288880409190402
youtube.com/watch?v=hmCeqT8z8_A
youtube.com/watch?v=q3XJiqxCdTg
vice.com/en_us/article/bme7bq/all-your-favourite-cartoon-characters-are-black
files.catbox.moe/zvmpzh.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=nGYJtI37Y7M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would have used a new image from the short so people know it's new but god is it top-tier

Hope newer characters like Lola appear too

Penelope when?

Attached: 1454996323261.gif (400x293, 2.6M)

They've got Petunia Pig so probably

never

Cam't remember the titles but the best was Bug's basketball short and Daffy & Porky's baseball game.
Some of the basketball's gags even got a clap.

That was pretty damn great.
I don't think I've seen animation in a modern cartoon that lively in a long time.
Good shit.

When was the last time we had slapstick cartoons this high quality?

So you were there?

Does anyone know any quality Looney Tunes collections on DVD?

I really hope that short is more of a proof of concept rather than a true reflection of what these shorts are going to be like.

The best one is probably the Golden Collection series.

Are they censored or have ruined "bluray" quality like Disney?

So, in the end, it will just be that Bugs always wins in the end. Hahaha, so funny...

I will give it credit, that was a thousand times better than Wabbit (especially since the designs look better). Still could use some improvement but it is a step in the right direction.

Yeah, queue was massive.

Cecil and the Gremlin are going to be in this so Bugs will be fucked at least once

Why must you give me hope?

That's the impression I got. Some of the shorts where longer than others but they all had some sort of story structure.

>Cecil and the Gremlin
???

Can you tell us about some of the episodes?

>Are they censored
No
>have ruined "bluray" quality like Disney?
No, Warner Archive does some of the best restorations in the business.

After Golden Collection, move on to the Super Stars sets, but skip sets 4 and 5 since they're just Golden Collection rereleases.

What the fuck, it's actually beautiful.

Daffy when?

Attached: 67915667_p45.jpg (500x500, 36K)

The shorts are short. Wabbit and The Looney Tunes show's primarily flaws were stretching out a joke for 22 whole minutes.

Bugs and Daffy work better in small doses of around 7 or 11 minutes. The longer the running time, the less funny the joke becomes. Alternatively, both shows could work if they were written more like Angry Beavers, or Sam and Max instead of Seinfeld.

It's very well animated, but almost too frantic. The explosions come so rapid fire that they don't have time to set up the punch. So after a while it just becomes pointless explosions.

Still, it's a hundred times better than Wabbit or The Looney Tunes Show.

In short, the best animation we've gotten in a long time and doing the things we'd expect Looney Tunes do. Some things we need to see if they work out since we haven't gotten a full proper short yet but it's looking insanely promising

Attached: 324534.png (960x588, 656K)

Wabbit shorts were 5 minutes long

The only characters Bugs ever lost against.
looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/Cecil_Turtle
looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/The_Gremlin

Wabbit was 11 minutes

Fuck, then the problem with Wabbit was those stupid UPA tier designs.

Looney Tunes Show was great

How do you know they'll be in the shorts

I'd agree if the explosions weren't specifically timed to the music

Have the annecy shorts been posted online?

just the one in the OP

They were both on a promotional shirt for this

The animation is amazing, let's see if it will be funny as well

Damn, that was good.

Shut up, Boco

Shut up Boco

Yes sir...

>Jump on a boat.
>It's on the smallest pond ever.
>Row it to the other side for literally no reason.

10/10

Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs
Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Blu Rays
Porky Pig 101 DVD

Don't worry, we know for a fact we're getting standard length shorts with actual stories too.

You need to watch more Clampett cartoons.

Also for everyone who hasn't seen it yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qtxx9qEFrGw

No. Buy the re-releases because they improve some DVR problems that were in the original Golden Collection volumes.

Being funny occasionally does not make a show great. It's inconsistent as fuck.

Are they all going to be this short?

No, they'll be the usual length. This is just a preview.

one of the ones screened at Annecy was a full 6 minutes

They will typically be 5-8 minutes.

>Lets Elmer row while he does backstrokes

what the fuck are you even doing in here

Reminder the fucker who made Uncle Grandpa also saved animation

Uncle Grandpa was great.

Uncle Grandpa has nothing to do with saving animation

Let that user join us and get into Looney Tunes
Gotta be welcoming of everyone to get this out there

>the fucker
show some respect, UG was fucking based

>this is just a preview
why are you talking out of your ass?
They've said that the length of the shorts will vary, this one just happened to be on the shorter end of the spectrum.

>why are you talking out of your ass?
>end of cartoons literally says "looney tunes cartoon shorts coming soon"
>somehow not a preview

According to whom? It has bad reviews everywhere. It wasn't even liked by most kids which is why they much preferred Regular Show, TTG, and Gumball... Which are also pretty mediocre in my opinion.

BTFO

>>end of cartoons literally says "looney tunes cartoon shorts coming soon"
yes? This is still a full short user.

Only a bunch of retards who hated the art style hated the show. People who watched it found it hilarious.

>Penelope when?

I only want to see her if they portray her as something other than a helpless, terrified, horribly tormented eternal rape victim. She's such a pathetic character and there's a point where watching her suffering stops being amusing.

Attached: penelope_pussycat_by_jubiamajo-da4ea8a.jpg (800x888, 105K)

I liked the show, but you can't just say "anyone who didnt like what I like didn't watch it." Two people can watch the same thing and have different opinions

the creator of ug is the exec producer on looney tunes 19 is what user is hinting at, granted he also made secret mountain fort awesome.

Attached: Ug_Sucross.gif (368x207, 588K)

It’s a full short, but the rest of the shorts are said to be about 5-8 minutes a pop. Please do research before talking like you know something.

plus the directors and some of the boarders are also UG people

This is amazing. Animated very competently. Obviously I hope for more complex situations and more ambitious direction with the camerawork, but the animation and timing is awesome.

WE ARE BACK

For you.

>Cecil's from an older cartoon
I should've expected it, but that explains a lot
Never heard of the gremlin though.

Would you take her as a Bugs-like character confidently fending off those like Pepe trying to date her?
Trade off being like the multiple times in these new shorts so far she does same-sex kisses occasionally

Cecil was in the Looney Tunes show as well.

Oldschool Lola doing a Red Hot Riding Hood style short would be amazing.

Not...bad. It's not quite there on the timing, but it's not bad at all.

Fuck yourself.

Yeah, that's where I first saw him, but thought he was an original, like the duck girl.

Attached: 708909.jpg (400x225, 59K)

Gremlin only appeared in one original short so I can understand, just watch this and you're caught up
youtube.com/watch?v=zAPf5fSDGVk

polygon.com/2019/6/12/18663327/looney-tunes-cartoons-shorts-series-annecy
awn.com/news/watch-brand-new-looney-tunes-short-dynamite-dance-premieres-annecy
mpaa.org/2018/06/1000-minutes-of-new-looney-tunes-are-on-the-way/
variety.com/2019/film/festivals/warner-bros-looney-tunes-cartoons-bow-2019-annecy-festival-1203160337/
>The new cartoons will be 1-6 minutes in length, with WBA producing 1,000 minutes in all.
Literally everywhere says 1-6 minutes. Why are you projecting this fucking hard over literally nothing?
This 90 second short is well within the range they said, because it's just a full short they screened and decided to release early.

Please at least attempt to stop seething.

Oh wow, that's impressive. Reminds me a lot of the Freleng musical shorts. Hope all the shorts take advantage of sound, even if it's not exactly like this.

>rapid slapstick has off timing
Who would have thought.

The entire premise of Merrie Melodies is being an ad for music companies, so if they're trying to be faithful to Looney Tunes, which seems like their biggest goal, this will probably be consistent

>Porky's blush after being kissed

This is kind of gay senpai

Not the same person but it doesn't change the fact that video is ALSO a preview of what's to come meaning plenty of shorts will have standard LT length. Basically, both of you are wrong.

Just like the old cartoons.

Fuck Lola, I want to see Tyr'ahnee

Attached: QueenTyrahnee1.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Could've sworn it was just a name to parody Silly Symphonies and the music was just WB using their own catalog.

That’s the joke

>fuck Lola
Yes please.

Attached: 35B525EF-8EE1-45E8-8509-3FBD630EC029.png (820x1465, 356K)

Those gags are dime a dozen for those two. Not too different than Bugs and Elmer, really.

Attached: 1480786162207.jpg (614x444, 43K)

I'll glady take shorts starring Lola if she looks like she did in Space Jam.

>Space Jam Lola in a Looney classic short animated competently
Imagine

Many Looney Tunes characters are fags to be fair
More risque and makes them stand out from, say, Disney's characters

Damn straight

Attached: Dynamite Dance 2019 short warner bros (4).webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>video is ALSO a preview
>>this is just a preview
>just a preview
>just
the retarded tripfag post that started this argument said just a preview as an explanation for the length, that's false.
the other retard said
>the rest of the shorts are said to be about 5-8 minutes a pop
That, besides being irrelevant is also false as proven earlier
>Please do research before talking like you know something
This, is a tumblr-style attempt at a "clap" he is a faggot, he was wrong

>Basically, both of you are wrong.
I have not yet been wrong. Quote the part where I said the short was not at all a preview. Because I simply haven't.

Baffy is still the superior ship.

Attached: 145678767890.jpg (700x519, 300K)

My only trepidation is the fear that we will be stuck to this flat perspective. I need to know we will get shots from all angles and expressive closeups before I go all in on the hype, as is it’s immediately the most important cartoon coming out now. Love the background, timing and expressions. Bugs looks great, not my favorite Elmer but he was animated well.

I don't know user that's pretty gay if you asked me

Attached: god these shorts are amazing.png (596x507, 329K)

It’s just a joke haha I bet he stuck his tongue in there

For real though, gimmie crossdressing, gimmie guns, gimmie knives, gimmie booze.

It's zoophilia.

Agreed, but Porky and Daffy are still my favorite duo. Been in cartoons together since the 30s and they still work well together.

He lost to Elmer, too, when he was the animator.

>shipping Looney Tunes characters

Did he ever lose to Daffy

Hey, WB is practically asking for it.

Attached: 1567898765678.jpg (1024x576, 173K)

Based Baffy poster
Are you on the thread on the other board

Maybe you should have specified the "just" part originally instead of turning it into an autistic bitchfest.

So much 50s slapstick... and I like it.

This

Gonna that guy and say that it’s really a mixture of 40’s style and 90’s style ala Spumco and clones

>Animation kino is back, boys
Please come back when this becomes the standard. If all modern day animation can be this forever, then we can say its rightfully "back". I don't want to hope for more than offered just because one group of glorous madmen are doing the right thing.

Behind the scenes with voice actors of the new looney tunes shorts
youtube.com/watch?v=3uXiin5iXmo
>Bob Bergen -Porky Pig
>Eric Bauza - Bugs Bunny /Daffy Duck
>Fred Tatasciore - Tasmanian Devil / Yosemite Sam

Attached: LOONEY TUNES VOICE ACTORS SURPRISE WB STUDIO TOUR | The Looney Tunes Critic.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Nope, I don't even know what you're referring to. Is there Baffyposting going on elsewhere?

Attached: 14567898765678.jpg (800x800, 194K)

It's a gag, user. Plenty of classic Bugs shorts have it.

Please stop spamming the thread with homoshit, go to /aco/ or /trash/.

Great Birthday present. Thanks WB and the team.

I know
The joke being they said "straight" in a different context. I didn't think it needed explanation.

>I was wrong but I need some way to save face
ok

The only thing I missed was an update that came out today that clarified it’s going to be 6 minutes, not 8. Everything else is right and you’ve acted like a massive sperg.

>Fred Tatasciore
>Taz
Are you fucking kidding me? Jim Cummings has been consistently playing Taz for almost 30 years. I hate how often WB changes their VA's and wish they would just do what Disney does.

Yes, with other Warner stuff
You should be able to find it

Wait, which board? /trash/?

>I was wrong
Here we go. Accusing people of being the ones who initially started it. Eat shit.

>The only thing I missed was an update that came out today
"Do your research" huh?
>came out today
fatherly.com/news/looney-tunes-returning-new-episodes-2019/
thewrap.com/looney-tunes-cartoons-bugs-bunny-daffy-duck-warner-bros-tv/
syfy.com/syfywire/thats-not-all-folks-new-looney-tunes-shorts-will-arrive-next-year
last year, unchanged

ye

Ok, thanks for the heads up, I concede. Now let’s move on to the original point of discussion:
>These are too short
Not every short will be this length.

>These are too short
>ctrl+f
>one result
>this post
good thing no one said that. 1-6 minutes is a fine length. You don't need to be 5-8 to make a joke, in fact at 8 minutes it'll probably have overstayed it's welcome.
7 is probably the very upper limit of what we'll get and that's a good thing

Alright if you can’t read the thread and are going to continue to act like a sperg even when I admit you were right i’m not going to engage with you. Enjoy your bitterness.

Nice. The fluid part where Elmer sped down the hill & up into the air was really damn visually fun, and it felt like the crew was most comfortable doing that type of sequence. I'd enjoy seeing them get away from imitating the retro "2 guys standing next to each other" outdated vaudeville imagery and lean more freely into their own style.

In general I hope they do less forced retro schtick and make it more their own thing. The constant sticks of dynamite reminded me of those self-conscious '90s shows like Bonkers, which thought cartoons had to be about pie-in-the-face corny hijinks.

The animation has so much quality and effort put into it, it'd be kind of a shame if the humor is so corny in all of them.

They were free to make the music whatever they wanted though. I doubt their boss gave them the music track and said "the comedy is less important, I just want you guys to sync it up to this tune."

Tatasciore is a versatile guy though, I'm sure he'll do a good job. For such long-standing characters who have seen different takes from so many directors and animators, it seems pretty appropriate to give different VAs a shot.
Looney Tunes was always more varied and experimental than Disney's hardline rules.

> I wish they would just do what Disney does.

Attached: MICKEY MOUSE voice actors.png (720x880, 324K)

To be fair. The Mickey shorts emulate Walt Disney's Mickey voice whereas Clubhouse is suppose to be modern Mickey. Also if Wayne Allwine didn't die, he would most likely play both versions. Nice cherrypicking though.

>same Goofy for decades
>same Donald for decades
>same Minnie for decades
>same Daisy for decades
>same Pluto for decades
>same Pete for decades
>b..but M..ickey
Gee I wonder why after a quick google search. The fact still stands they are consistent with their VAs unlike Warner Bros who change their VAs with each new iteration which is dumb. Mel Blanc did it for over 50 years, they could at least settle on a few main guys.

>default stock image for Mickey is his appearance from Kingdom Hearts
What retard is in charge of this? it's not hard to find images of the Mouse.

SOULLESS

After Mel Blanc died, Warner Bros. decided they weren't going make contracts with any voice actors anymore. For literally every single new Looney Tunes project they hold a new audition. Bob Bergen is always Porky simply because he's extremely at the voice and beats everyone else in the audition. The same for Joe Alaskey as Daffy before he died. It also used to be true for Jim Cummings as Taz, Maurice LaMarche as Yosemite Sam, and Billy West as Elmer Fudd but whoever is in charge of casting on this series wants to change things up for whatever reason.

A better picture of Bugs and the mummy was posted.
If they ever make a short focusing on Marvin without Bugs or Daffy, I think it would be cool to see his antics on Mars. That would be a good opportunity for her to appear.

Attached: bugs and mummy.jpg (2062x1168, 480K)

I think that's the last version of Mickey that Wayne Allwine voiced before he died.

sound effects were weak and unsatisfying

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Cartoons#cite_note-annecy2-5
According to Wikipedia, there's one short called 'Curse of the Monkey Bird' I wonder if there will be any references to Looney Tunes Back in Action.

Attached: 1550973445734.png (430x422, 180K)

Um, that's very clearly "The Merry Go Round Broke Down."

Attached: mg.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

That's the actual title of the song.

Attached: Bugs hands.jpg (998x782, 107K)

merrily we roll along is a different song that was used for Merry Melodies (while looney tunes used Merry Go Round Broke Down)

"The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" is the Looney Tunes theme.
"Merrily We Roll Along" is the Merrie Melodies theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU

Well fuck me. I'm a dumbass. Wonder if I've been confusing the two song names for years.

Finally, some good fucking animation.

It's okay, I'm a huge LT fan and I get the songs mixed up too, user

Where did this image come from? I know it was in some booklet or whatever at Annecy, but when did they put out this image?

God I love smears.

Hot

No in some shorts they team up to defeat a common enemy.

Bugs' face is a little.. off. I don't know what it is but he doesn't look like any of the versions i'm familiar with. Mummy looks authentic though. He looks like how they would have drawn him back in the day. Gives me a Count Blood Count vibe for many reasons.

Attached: ti8573.png (989x627, 679K)

God bless you user
This will be very useful on this board

>useful on this board
What could you possibly use this for outside of this in particular?

When I see some good fucking animation, duh.

Np user
Hope it sees good use

He somewhat resembles the Bugs from early 40s

Attached: file.png (1777x999, 1.61M)

Cringe and Crewniversepilled

pretty sure most of the SU crew would love these shorts; they were Uncle Grandpa fans

I want to be excited about this, I really fucking do. But something just feels... off? Maybe because it has the subtle hint of "sterilization" from digital animation that you don't get from traditional cel animation (Which is inevitable at this point, but still).

Am I the only one who feels this way?

because they don't have nearly as much of a budget as the theatrical shorts did.

They love UG because it wasn’t threatening. This is.

I don’t have enough to make up my mind yet. On a technical level though I can’t be a chooser, this is amazing and i’m gonna shill it hard.

Attached: Bugs face.jpg (1216x826, 156K)

Attached: Elmer squish.jpg (1216x610, 95K)

O lawd he comin

Maybe because how quick paced it is and how short it is that it doesn't feel like a proper looney tunes short?

Now of course Pete's important and all, cuz he's the showrunner, but we'd be remiss to overlook guy #2: Alex Kirwan, the show's supervising producer and head of the design department:
The guy's worked on a shit ton of shows and helped shape a lot of shows that he didn't stay too long on
He did boards on various Oh Yeah cartoons shorts and board revisions on Johnny Bravo, but one of his earlier Major gigs was on My Life as a Teenage Robot, where he was Art Director and a character designer. He was Art Director on Flapjack's first season, a character designer and director on Mighty B, and was Art Director on Wander Over Yonder (you know that really in depth character design guide? Alex was the one who made that). Also notably on Wander he pretty consistently got story credit on eps.

As for shows he helped with visual development but didn't stick around long, there's the Mickey Mouse shorts and the Ducktales reboot (and for both shows he made in-depth character model guides akin to the Wander one). He also did board revisions for Symbionic Titan and model sheets for Gravity Falls.

Attached: bugs skinny and elmer's ass.jpg (1406x854, 104K)

wa la

Attached: fudd.jpg (490x379, 77K)

The budget for these shorts are objectively larger than the ones back in the day. It's simply an aesthetic change. Digital, different animators, and a different aspect ratio.

This is it. When we have our first real one we’ll be able to see.

Keep em coming.

Attached: What's up Doc Ock.jpg (1400x876, 171K)

That’s a quality resume.

Attached: real shit.png (750x715, 683K)

These cartoons are going to be great for reaction images.

Attached: Q Bert.jpg (766x798, 92K)

Half those cartoons are shit but you won me over with Johnny Bravo.

also notably: guys #2 and #3 on Uncle Grandpa (Audie Harrison and Casey Alexander) aren't involved on this

>filename
Kek

>wut iz inflation?

You gotta look at his specific job title though. I mean I like MLAATR but even if you don’t the fact that he was an art director on that show specifically should be impressive.

yeah plus he was merely a board revisionist on Johnny Bravo, so it's far from the biggest blip on his resume

Attached: Dance.jpg (1250x818, 137K)

Attached: Heil Hitler.jpg (1266x866, 152K)

Attached: Heil Hortler.jpg (1186x924, 154K)

Attached: The succ.jpg (1226x906, 134K)

Attached: gentlemen.jpg (1010x886, 106K)

he succ

!
PETER BROWNGARDT IS CANCELED!

Attached: high impact sexual violence.jpg (1074x788, 109K)

Bugs bunny gonna get #MeToon'd

Attached: ass grab.jpg (1090x876, 125K)

Attached: When the wife's bull gets you a nintendo switch.jpg (842x868, 84K)

Good to see some John K. influence after all

That's all I got. There's a lot of fun frames though. Hopefully we get to see more soon.

Well i'm not worried anymore. This is something special.

Bob Jaques is one of hte animators on episodes animated at Yowza (Yowza didn't animate this short, but they animated the Wet Cement short that clips of have been floating around)

holy shit they added fake film grain. my one gripe with the new shorts has been fixed. hell yeah, that grain and slight blur makes it look so old school i love it

Eh, I dunno. Basically a repeat of a joke that would have been funny if used once for one and a half minutes. You can't just throw dynamite over and over, showing next to no negative impact like that. In an actual Loony Tunes cartoon Elmer getting blown up and left in blackface would have been the end of a scene, or at least the end of a joke, setting him up another unrelated failure or Bugs prank.

The animation was nice but I fear for the jokes. It can't be like this.

He was making a joke about John K's sex scandals

I think this is one of those shorts where the action is based around a classical composition instead of the other way around, so the action is fast paced because the song is.

True enough but I still think they ran the dynamite joke into the ground, plenty of other humiliation and slapstick possibilities if they got creative and then they could have ended it all with a bang by slowly escalating towards explosives instead of starting out that way.

Attached: bugs kiss.png (540x527, 307K)

To be honest I'm not really liking the yellow gloves.

Attached: 1555658828820.jpg (911x1024, 80K)

Will Bugs be crossdressing?

God these smears. Quality animation after so long. It's like finding a pure oasis spring after years in the desert drinking camel piss.

These shorts are shit unless we get more Bugs in drag.

Attached: bugsketball.png (1348x900, 2M)

T-think of the transgender community!

the question here is, how will he look now

I just hope the jokes are as good as the animation. If they can be as funny as the new mickey shorts than everything will be great.

Attached: genndy2.png (569x414, 429K)

Wasn’t there a comic book that has Space Jam Lola being as looney as the rest of the cast?

Fag

>f-fellas?
>yeah bro, no worries, just remember your mantra
>no homo, I'm going to fuck this bunny, no homo

I wish DNR wasn't a thing, at least WB keeps their classics intact. (Although sometimes to a fault, "Scaredy Cat" has a layer of desert dust on it)

Attached: grain.png (984x720, 1.21M)

Attached: 1CFA94E9-E73C-42EE-A824-37A05F83BFB2.jpg (577x905, 150K)

Attached: 15D5E55F-EBA3-48C7-A312-BC8AE7A47A5E.jpg (618x960, 181K)

God, it's refreshing to see Bugs Bunny actually act like Bugs Bunny instead of some bland (Looney Tunes Show) grouch (Wabbit).

The short was terrific, but Elmer Fudd chasing Bugs with a scythe was weird. I guess that's the odd workaround on guns that the animators have to do now. Still good, though.

tfw there will never be a short about Space Jam Lola and New Looney Tunes Lola forced to team up and solve some Roger Rabbit-esque crimes while hating each other's guts.

It would be interesting if some of these shorts didn't involve Bugs or Daffy and focused on their enemies. Like one with Yosemite Sam trying to rob a bank and failing or Marvin the Martian trying to blow up a different planet.

>starts with them mad over bugs
>ends with them engaged to eachother

It's from Sam Register's Instagram

THat actually would be neat. Maybe even give them their own random enemies to deal with to show their capabilities?

this
imagine being a gatekeeping elitist faggot over looney tunes

That’s just the way screwy characters does whenever they like to piss off their enemies or rivals.
I like this ship

UG is really underrated.
but too bad Yea Forums is OLD THING GOOD NEW THING BAD at every cartoon.
I'll take a real cartoon before I watch any other of the teen drama romcom shipfaggotry referencing my favorite japanese anime battle shit.

If Uncle Grandpa himself was a cute girl the show would have been universally acclaimed.

Best eras

40's >>>>>>>>>> 50's > 30's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> miscellaneous >>>>>>>>>>> 60's

New shorts have potential to be better than the 30's shorts and MAYBE have a few of them be on the same level as some the better 50's shorts, but I can't imagine these pulling off some GOAT shorts unless they have really witty well written dialogue, fresh and hilarious gags, as well as consistent animation like we've seen so far. I expect kino but not the same level as Tex or Clampett.

Attached: Looney Tunes (1994-) 080-004.jpg (1659x1707, 786K)

What? UG was horseshit just like 80% of new CN shows.

It really is underrated. I’d enjoyed the pilot so I was glad to see that the show was actually decent.
Uncle Grandpa but it’s Auntie Grandma.

I hate certain aesthetics, humor, and dialogue. When a show looks CalArts tier, I judge. When the comedy is LEL SO QUIRKY AND RANDUMB LOL WAFFLEZ XD, I judge. When the dialogue is meme buzzwords and slang that ages the cartoon like milk, I judge. From what I've seen of UG (Which isn't much), i noticed it has all that therefore I don't like it. I've dropped Craig of the Creek for looking like shit. I've dropped Teen Titans Go for not being funny. I've even dropped Regular Show for having some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard. I rarely come across a new show that i'm genuinely fond of because they always fuck it up. I wouldn't be so jaded if there was consistency and had talented people making these shows instead of Hipster Steve from Tumblr who had an idea for a show.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Golden_Collection
>The cartoons included on the Golden Collection sets are uncut, unedited, and digitally restored and remastered from the original successive Technicolor film negatives (or, in the case of the black and white shorts, the original black and white negatives).

They're called "Golden Collection" for a reason.

>no shitty tweening
based

They literally said "high production value" since the beginning. I can undrstand being somewhat skeptical but what else would they do with all that money if it isn't going towards the animation?

I haven't posted this one since ages.

Attached: 1509563245747.gif (500x600, 1.38M)

UG was awesome.

Not everyone has low standards when it comes to cartoons. No offense.

If you're open to Blu-ray, the 3 Platinum Collection BDs and the Mouse Chronicles BD are pretty much free of censorship or DNR apart from a single Roadrunner cartoon on the first volume apparently. Pic related is about the video quality you can expect.

Attached: Elmer's Candid Camera.png (984x720, 1.43M)

awesome

The animation and the slapstick humor were great. Cool to see that this is the new Mickey Mouse shorts of Looney Tunes.

I wondered if there'll be a new Tom and Jerry cartoon that’s as good as the old ones.

How are the DVD versions of these in comparison? The shorts are old so I imagine they can't look that much better but I wanna be sure since they've been stocking the DVD versions at my Walmart recently and figured I'd buy them for $14 a volume.

The Mickey shorts wish they looked this good. You can recreate a retro look but you can't cheapen out when it comes to animation. That's what seperates great from kino

I'll post a comparison later but they're obviously lower res and have less noticeable grain. Many of the DVDs are definitely still worth getting since all the BDs combined have ~175+ shorts while the full Golden Collection has over 350. I advise checking the lists of included shorts so you don't get too many dupes.

There are also the "Looney Tunes Super Stars" DVDs, some of which only have dupes from the Golden Collection and others have a ton of exclusive shorts.

Holy fuck GUYS they added grain to it. It looks so fucking good with that extra texture. Look at the fucking background and floor. There is actual detail and so many different shades of green for the walls. Usally in cartoons, it would just be one overly vibrant color with little to no shading. The fucking fire is actually changing the color of the wall because of the way it illuminates the room. Even the fucking ground has such a beautifully aged rusted look you wouldn't normally be able to create with digital without it looking synthetic yet here it is and it's gorgeous.

I am so incredibly impressed by this and it's just a fucking screenshot. Imagine what the whole short would like with animation as great as the one in the OP. I think they have something really apecial on their hands. I wont get into now but even the character designs are great and true to the source material.

Bump

It's Bugs in drag
The answer is fucking hot

This is the cartoon that will save Yea Forums

Have they been clear about how exactly they're going to distribute these? I think it got confirmed that they will get shown alongside WB's movies in theaters but I'm not sure if that applies to all of them.

Attached: 2019-06-10 (1).png (187x90, 5K)

Online will most likely be their main distribution, with perhaps random airings on Cartoon Network as well.

IIRC there's not one single way they're going to be distributed. Every short will be different.

Imagine being this insecure because of opinions on the internet.

The animation is great, but can this Bugs still do wisecracks as good as the original?

Would animating this show in traditional animation really be so hard? Adobe Animate is a cope and cuts out the kino which makes Looney Tunes Looney Tunes.

well it is frame by frame instead of tweens

What are you on about? Did you not watch the video?

It's Adobe Animate retard

That’s how it’s animated. Or are you really gonna bitch about cintiq usage?

It looks like shit compared to traditional cel animation, which Looney Toons used to be animated in.

No, dunbass. You specifically said that it
>cuts out what made Looney Tunes Looney Tunes
The fuck does that mean?

So you’re complaining that they’re using a process that nobody on earth uses anymore?

You said traditional animation, that doesn’t imply cels or even pencils and ink.

>Toons
Opinion discarded

Yeah, but it's Looney Tunes. It's not Looney Tunes without it. That's literally what Looney Tunes was about

Took a while but here's a comparison.

DVD (Looney Tunes Super Stars)
(1/2)

Attached: DVD.png (640x480, 653K)

BD (Looney Tunes Platinum Collection)
(2/2)

Attached: BD.png (1480x1080, 2.86M)

That's like saying Scooby-Doo isn't Scooby-Doo without cel animation. Same applies to to Mickey Mouse, Tom & Jerry, Spongebob, or any cartoon made before digital took over which is a dumb thing to say.

The animation was fantastic, but the rapidity of running the same joke into the ground was pretty stupid. Major timing issues, and no payoff or weight to either character or actions. Could also use a bit better camera work than just scrolling. Not to mention (I know it's just a short) no story or dialogue.

I really hope them the best, because it's great hand-drawn animation, but it seems more like a very well done fan project trying to capture the style but not the essence of the original.

Attached: 1558902997140.gif (123x199, 1.15M)

it's literally a preview. Their not all like this.

So basically "Wabbit tier humor but with pretty animation". Exactly what I expected these things to be.

The entire video was pure slapstick. We have no idea how the writing and dialogue will be until we get a lengthy short instead of a minute and a half of slapstick. According to reports at Annecy, there was riotous laughter from the audience when viewing the first few legitimate shorts they showed there.

I just want to see more Clampett-Daffy which they are teasing the fuck out of.

So apparently John K's Cans Without Labels is now available on DVD. Could someone link me to a completed version of the cartoon? I also wonder how John K feels about these new shorts.

Browngardt needs no introduction and there's already a post about Kirwan in the thread, but as for some of the other crew members on the shorts:

the show's animation supervisor (the in-house one, not the ones based at TonicDNA and Yowza) is Joey Capps, a titmouse animator, teen titans go boarder, an animation director on Venture Bros, and a timing director on OK KO

the shorts' directors are:
David Gemmill (primarily an Uncle Grandpa boarder, pre-UG he did board revisions for Mighty B and SMFA and boards on Fanboy & Chum Chum and Gravity Falls; plus freelance boarding on Wander Over Yonder and the Mickey shorts; post-UG he boarded on Teen Titans Go)
Ryan Kramer (also primarily a UG boarder, having been promoted to director near the end of the show's run; pre-UG he boarded on the Kung Fu Panda show on Nick, and post-UG he was a director on Victor & Valentino)
Kenny Pittenger (longtime background supervisor on Spongebob on both classic and post-movie seasons; post-2nd movie he was a boarder on UG, Billy Dilley, and Star vs, and still occasionally did backgrounds for spongebob)

As for the boarders:
Returning on UG were Chris Allison (also on Close Enough and Victor and Valentino) and Andy Gonsalves (also on Gravity Falls, Billy Dilley, and Amphibia)
Mike Pelensky and Gabe Del Valle were mighty magiswords boarders
Mike Ruocco, Andrew Dickman, and David Shair return from Wabbit/New Looney Tunes
Caroline Director, Arielle Phillips, Ryan Khantam, and del Valle were all post-2nd movie spongebob boarders
Charlotte Jackson was a boarder on Billy Dilley and Star vs

the boarders all work under specific directors, though right now the only specific pairing we know about is Ruocco being one of Gemmill's boarders. Also there's probably some boarders I don't know about, and there's 10 boarders on the show at once (so likely some of these people weren't initially on the shorts and/or aren't on them anymore)

He likes Uncle Grandpa, so maybe he likes them too since it's creator is also working on this.

Attached: grandpa.jpg (946x770, 97K)

As far as I know no one has leaked it yet. I think he only started mailing DVDs out in the last week so I'm not sure if anyone has gotten them yet

I'm fucking terrified of this. Jesus, get whoever writes the current Mickey Mouse cartoons on board.

very few people involved with Wabbit are on the new shorts

More behind the voice scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=aaBvcEDy8n0

Attached: Eric Bauza - Daffy Duck.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>He likes Uncle Grandpa
Why though? It's shit. What exactly about it does he like compared to great cartoons he hates?

Eric Bauza is voicing Daffy, now? They already have Jeff Bergman and Dee Bradley Baker taking turns playing him. Why bring in a third alternate?

Tiny Tunes and Animaniacs weren't great cartoons

Damn fine Daffy and Tweety even though Tweety is a garbage character aside from his first few original shorts. jeff Bergman's Elmer is garbage though and I wish they'd just hire Billy.

(You)

DBB has a shit Daffy if you watch Wabbit/NLT

At one point, Daffy had 4 alternating actors playing him at the same time (Jeff Bergman, Dee Bradley Baker, Joe Alaskey, Greg Burson). So having 3 actors all playing Daffy (now that 2 of his previous alternates are dead) isn't too out there.

The only current Looney Tunes characters with no alternates is Porky, as Bob Bergen plays him consistently. But even then, Bergen HAS been substituted in the past; Billy West filled in for him on a few shorts, but those were in the 90s and he hasn't been substituted since then. But Bergen is probably smart enough to know that if he ever asks for a raise, WB will find a sub for him very quickly. It's the entire reason they randomly cycle through so many alternates for each character in the first place; so no actor can ever "own" a role and have leverage for raises.

Baker is only good if he's doing the wacky WOO HOO version of Daffy, which is extremely limited in terms of humor and is rarely utilized, anyway. His Chuck Jones style sarcastic and scheming Daffy is the fucking worst, I'll agree. He was garbage in Space Jam and he's terrible in Wabbit (save the shorts that use him as the screwball Woo Hoo Daffy; they're practically two separate characters).

Still, I might prefer Baker's Daffy over Bergman's. We all know Alaskey was the best post-Blanc Daffy, but he's dead so there isn't anything we can do about it.

Which is a good business decision and a shit everything else. The inconsistency is disgusting and the quality of the projects vary due to them constantly replacing some of the best workers with either passable, mediocre, or flat out bad VA choices.

Im choking on these filenames

Pretty much. But they've "trained" audiences to get used to characters always sounding a little different every time we see them. As long as Daffy sounds enough like Daffy, no one raises a fuss (whereas if one and only one actor plays him for 20 years straight, you'd notice when there's a change and probably wouldn't like it).

Blame The Simpsons cast for ruining everything for every other VA for all eternity. Using their leverage as the one and only voices for the characters to go from getting paid scale to $500,000 per episode in a single contract renegotiation. No company will ever let VAs have that sort of leverage ever again, even if it means decreasing the quality of their show.

I wanna see more but there's no release date REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Fucking Warner Bros jewing everything up.

Imagine being this bad as expressing your opinion, maybe use actual words and not memes less time and people will actually give a shit about what you got to say

You mean exactly like how the other person responded with an image and didn't even try to type out anything? Eat shit, hypocrite and learn to deal with opinions that differ from yours. Perhaps next time you'll even consider asking why instead of feeling entitled to a more thorough and detailed response. Fucking children.

animationmagazine.net/shorts/that-wascally-wabbits-back/
>Where is the animation done and how many people work on the series?
>Pete and Alex: We are working with four studios all around the world who are animating for us; with around 50 people in house at Warner Bros. Animation in Burbank.

>What animation tools do you use to produce the animation?
>Pete and Alex: Toon Boom Harmony and good ol’-fashioned paper and pencil. It’s a mix of digital and hand-drawn, depending on the studio

I wonder who the 4th studio is

>We are working with four studios all around the world

So one in the US to do layouts and boarding and 3 in South Korea to shit out the actual "animation", then? Not too different from how literally every other "American" cartoon is made. PASS.

Why is Elmer wielding a scythe?

Tonic DNA and Yowza (the two studios we already knew about) are both Canadian

>Why is Elmer wielding a scythe?

These shorts are too sanitized and cowardly to have humorous gunplay. They're every bit as gutless and sterile as Wabbit.

Elmer and Yosemite sam are shown wielding guns on the official crew t shirt

literally the perfect posts for
>"i don't watch cartoons, i just bitch about them"

Don't let facts get in the way of the troll/shill's narrative

Where is the soul?

Attached: Looney Tunes Cartoons Crew T Shirt.png (819x1024, 1.47M)

>rushing to hate the show before its even come out and before you've even seen it

>rushing to defend a show before its even come out and before you've even seen it

Calm down. You're BOTH pathetic!

Based on it and that picture of him with an axe, I wonder if some of the Bugs and Elmer shorts will start out with him trying to attack Bugs with different weapons.

>Johnny Ryan
The Prison Pit guy?

Not either of them but user we already got 1 1/2 shorts

>Person points why one person's assumption is wrong based on actual evidence
>Pathetic
You need to reevaluate yourself.

>In general I hope they do less forced retro schtick and make it more their own thing.
Wile E. Coyote uses an ACME drone in one short, which took my brain a second to understand, since they captured so much of the original spirit.

Honestly I am looking forward to seeing what kind of gags they can get out of new technology.

twitter.com/AGuyWhoDraws/status/1139288880409190402
so boarder Mike Ruocco is the voice of Beaky Buzzard

Not as far as I remember. Though it's also been a while since I saw Back in Action.

They said 30's/40's Looney Tunes was their main influence with some later additions.

Those who prefer classic Daffy to Chuck Jones Daffy will be very satisfied.

Probably because we all have an image of what Looney Tunes looked liked that is specific to the technology of that time and era.

They capture the spirit of the classics well but it's better to think of it as the next step rather than a return to the good old days.

>you know that really in depth character design guide? Alex was the one who made that)
That makes sense. They showed his for these new shorts as well.

I'd love to animate for this guy.

Can confirm that he sports a very lovely blondie get up.

>I expect kino but not the same level as Tex or Clampett.
This is a pretty reasonable mindset to go in with.

They do have a proper orchestra.

Fuck You!

As far as I remember it's Toon Boom Harmony.

You are sort of right if you think it's rigged.
It's animated in rough than they put a harmony rig on top. Wish they'd talked more about that.

Hope Marvin the Martian shows up soon. He's my favorite.

Well OG Daffy is far better than Chuck Jones' stale repetitive characterization of the character so it only makes sense they'd wanna start with the definitive version.

He's already confirmed and Eric Bauza is voicing him.

Can confirm that the rest of the shorts, even the shorter ones, all had a story structure and some strong dialouge. Especially the Bugs, and Daffy & Porky shorts.
I don't know if any of the dialogue will matches the best of the classics but there was still stuff that wouldn't feel out of place amongst the 40's.

Honestly I like both and wouldn't mind if they split off into two different characters.

I want a short that has the two interacting.

I think this is just a clip of the short, not the whole short, since it jumps right into the action with no buildup.

How can you confirm this? Are you a smelly Frenchy.

Cool. I look forward to seeing what they do with him.

no shadows?

>Hating Uncle Basedpa

Attached: CringeMario.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Everything feels too floaty, nothing feels like it has impact or weight. Bugs may as well be slamming a pillow around for what it's worth. Also the musical score wasn't done right at all. This was clearly just a clean recording of the song played over the animation. Old Looney Tunes used their own band and recreated these songs; often times adding in different instruments while maintaining the melody. Like Elmer going over the train tracks. The musical score should have changed to a xylophone leading to a cymbal crash. Also why the fuck is Fudd starting out this toon chasing bugs with a scythe? When has he ever used a scythe? It could be understandable if bugs had already knocked him into a hay field, barn, or corn silo and he came out with it; but this implies that the absolute madman went out intent on hunting rabbits with a fucking scythe. Don't know why they gave Bugs those piss colored latex gloves. The pop up in some frames from the old cartoons but those were animation errors. They really didn't understand what is funny about explosions in the old cartoons. It isn't the explosion itself that is funny. Its the build up to the explosion. The character's reaction and how they will be dealing with their impending doom, and bracing for the impact leading to the aftermath. This short is just explosion after explosion with no time for the characters to react and when they do the pace is far too fast for the viewer to process what they've just seen before another explosion. I hope it's better than this, but it's also sad to think that they probably pissed away $50k of their budget on that.

Rather gratuitous. No jokes. Not even that much slapstick. Just animated cartoon violence. What is this, Itchy and Scratchy? A parody of a parody of a parody.

Also sound design is terrible slash non-existent, but I assume they'll fix that in post.

Is that a Gremlin in the bottom right?

I thought Disney owned them?

Disney takes their only talent they have left for granted. Mercury Animations needs a new home.

i feel like the background art is too sterile

>The pop up in some frames from the old cartoons but those were animation errors
Wrong, let's not go through this again.

This might be one of the most pretentious things I've seen
It sounds like you're intentionally digging as hard as you can to paint this in a negative light. It's a minute short, it doesn't have time for those kind of things

I'm really not digging. If it sounds pretentious to you; then I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that their audience has such low standards. They'll have to try harder though if they want to even hold a candle to what they're riding the coat tails of.

It's complicated.

>I thought Disney owned them?
???
Are you thinking of a different gremlin?

disney owns muppets and sesame street

Really hard to match the WB orchestra that is scoring to the animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=hmCeqT8z8_A

Your arguments are
>He has yellow gloves which you falsely state were animation errors
>A minute short that serves as a partial teaser doesn't have the pacing a 7 minute short would
>He has a scythe and apparently we need to bring logic into LT so that's no allowed
I do agree that there can be some criticisms if you really look at it and some of your criticisms can be justified. But user you're kind of digging really hard to shit on this. If this well-animated of a short is "low standard" for you I'd have to assume something like What's Opera Doc is just ok to you

Well, OK. They're not going to have a 90-piece orchestra providing them an integration of their sound effects and the classical competitions they set their tunes to. But they could at least add more sound effects and trills than "explosion" and "gunshot."

Does anyone know where they're doing the music for the new shorts? I know the Spielberg shows used the same room Carl Stalling used for the LT music. I was curious to know if they're following that tradition.

UG was a cartoonist's gem that unfortunately had to be released during an era where people didn't give a shit about a cartoon's quality, only what lore and shipping bait they can use to write fan fic shit for.

UG would've been much more appreciated on Adult Swim if it was slightly re-written to be more for an adult audience. I don't mean more swearing or something, I mean more surrealness like BallMasterz.

I am hoping that the longer shorts have some real sound effects and we'll see once one arrives
A minute short purely on music and explosives is not going to have many sound effects outside the explosives

I mean like, when they go zipping through the foreground and background trees. They could have a "Whooooeeheeeoooowheeeoo" type deal. And when Bugs pirouettes over Fudd, you can have a little high pitched tinkling bell would help. And when Bugs jams Fudds hat down to his ankle, there's NOTHING, no timing in the music and no sound effect whatsoever and it really makes the action feel hollow to have no auditory feedback. I get that they're probably trying to "preserve the purity of the music" or whatever, but forget that the original series had variations of the music CUSTOM MADE for them. You aren't going to have that so you have to adapt.

Yellow gloves was more of a gripe, it doesn't really break the show. It was something he had in the first two eps then they were white forever and would turn yellow for some frames, and a lot of old toys gave him yellow gloves. However he's had white gloves consistently for over 50 years now. No need to go back to those piss latex things.

My more legitimate complaints were about the musical score not matching up at all. I have seen AMVs with a better sync; and there being no real comedy which I delved into before. Also believe it or not there usually is some form of logic used in these cartoons. I liked Rabbit of Seville better than What's Opera Doc. Most of the humor in WOD is based around it being a parody of opera which was revered at the time. RoS has a lot of visual gags and great musical sync. WOD though the joke is mostly playing off the idea that you have seen this opera. It's like having someone watch DBZ abridged but never watch DBZ. A lot of the humor is lost without the source, which I don't believe RoS suffers from. WOD is a well done satire though, but I do believe that it's overrated on lists of the greatest cartoons.

Alex Kirwan also made that Oh Yeah cartoon with the cute magic girl that outsmarts a circus magician but I can’t find it anywhere right now.
I remember it has some fine animation and character design.

Attached: 18B3ED57-A5CF-400E-8E12-25E56CEDC247.jpg (683x1024, 215K)

youtube.com/watch?v=q3XJiqxCdTg

So who's gonna replace June Foray if they decide to bring back Granny and Witch Hazel? I imagine you could just have some generic grandma voice but I've never heard anyone pull off a good Witch Hazel based on previous iterations where June Foray was too old to voice her.

>Yosemite Sam still has his pistols
There is a god

That crushing feeling when you find out they're bubble guns.

Please no

RIP thread. You were pretty good until now.

Underrated post.

The bottom right sitletto is this dude.

But Warner actually also owns the Gremlins movie and they are making a cartoon based on it

Attached: 1548752104725.png (641x465, 398K)

>But Warner actually also owns the Gremlins movie and they are making a cartoon based on it
Wrong Gremlins my dude

I was covering both bases, the Looney Tunes Gremlin and the other one

why yellow gloves?

because Bugs wore yellow gloves in a few early shorts. Why he's keeping them for all the new shorts is unknown.

I’m thinking of these guys from WWII

Attached: BA1E2AF1-B070-4B78-9265-FBF6FB4060A3.png (424x349, 281K)

They might go away after the Bugs' 80th anniversary

Googled some Looney Tunes shit and I came across this.

vice.com/en_us/article/bme7bq/all-your-favourite-cartoon-characters-are-black

Who wrote this fucking drivel and what retard in upper-management thought it was acceptable to release it?

Are we ever gonna get that "Censored 11" DVD they were talking about years ago?

This is entirely 100% correct. Terrible timing, no weight to the explosion, set to a music video instead of the classic, "make it as you go," orchestra, as well as where the fuck is Elmer Fudd's gun? He's a hunter for God's sake.

It seems to capture some of the style, but none of the essence.

Attached: 1546931073079.gif (300x226, 2.02M)

They might as well since they restored them.

This has been talked about for years but has never happened
Maybe one of these days

Where the fuck is Elmer's gun? He's a hunter not a farmer. And those yellow gloves look like piss.

Attached: 1492597380415.jpg (800x596, 82K)

>Where the fuck is Elmer's gun?
See

I’m afraid a decade and a half of shit cartoons has gotten us so bitter we wont except quality when it smacks us in the face.

>except
Yeah, because Hana-Barbara and toy tie-in shovelware were so "kino"

Still find it funny that Micky Rooney did a caricature of himself doing a routine with Donald. Give it to the old-timers that they owned their sterotypes and played along with the gag rather than be offended little shits about everything.

But yeah thank you for actually getting it. Everything is just wrong at capturing the feel of a looney tunes short. None of the movements have impact or weight, and it's just motions over a preset musical track. Half the time the explosions aren't even on time with the score. That's the kind of stuff I'd expect to see from an armature AMV, not a production that costs an average mans salary for a couple months.

>hana

That was 30--50 years ago. Give it a rest

Who is the worst director and why is it Friz

>we wont except quality when it smacks us in the face
Show me what you would consider quality in that video.

here's your (you)
the movements flow nicely
the expressions move the construction of the face instead of pasting "le funne fase" onto it ala' Gumball
the bit where elmer is concentrating on riding a unicycle so he doesn't see the incoming tnt

Chuck Jones is overrated

I think WB has changed it's stance since then, they would rather include non-PC shorts alongside regular ones. Warner Archive included a short that's about as controversial as anything in the Censored 11 on the 40s Popeye Blu-ray.

They want to avoid another media shitstorm like when they included "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips" on the first Laserdisc/VHS volume and that title got shown on the back cover, you can imagine how that would turn out today.

here i made a webm version of this along with an mp4 upload

files.catbox.moe/zvmpzh.mp4

Attached: (1939) The Autograph Hound (potri91.retroseriestv50)-[02.38.442-02.52.622].webm (720x480, 2.68M)

Everything moves like it's a parade balloon filled with air. It's floaty that isn't good animation. You have to be able to feel the movement as if the characters have a weight to them.
Just because something isn't drawn like calarts style doesn't make it good quality.
The bit where elmer was on the unicycle was done horribly; it was possibly the worst part of the animation. The music should have transitioned to a xylophone into a cymbal crash as he rode over the tracks and hit the tnt. Not to mention he's too focused on trying to not fall off the unicycle that he doesn't even notice the TNT that is going to blow him up. The humor would better come from trying to avoid the inevitable. Being oblivious is only funny when falling down a hole or off a cliff, or mistakenly having a bomb on your person and only realizing it at the last second. Not to mention bugs is standing right next to the tnt when he sets it off, this greatly mitigates the viewers sense of pain. Someone going behind a wall, or even bracing their ears adds something for the viewer to anticipate something big and painful. Elmer should have been trying to avoid then brace for the explosion. Him just exploding over a dozen times isn't funny, and it isn't well animated. Also the explosion transitions were all wrong. The explosions are meant to kick up smoke that fades then have a reveal of how bad the character is suffering. Not a fast seizure flash of red/yellow then another and another with the only way for you to really see any facial expression is to pause the video. Of which most of the time they gave him a happy expression rather than one of pain. Yea Forums has really fallen to shit if the bar for quality is that it's animated better than TT Go or Gumball.

Christ Bugs, I think you got him...

Attached: 55d.png (960x640, 372K)

Autism.

Here is a good example of animation with weight. Even without audio fx you can feel the weight of these characters. When donald jumps his arm lowers and when he lands it raises, there is a gravity in his movement. He flinches as the egg smacks down onto his head. Micky Rooney is keeping a center of balance while dancing his jig. When Micky hits Donald you see donalds neck raise then his head then the egg flips.

While I agree, the quality is still extremely high relative to the current norm in animation and im happy to see a studio try setting a higher bar.

>extremely high relative to the current norm in animation and im happy to see a studio try setting a higher bar.
I will agree with this

Wabbit > Looney Tunes Show > Looney Tunes 2019 > Looney Tunes

Maybe, but at least I now know that I'm more capable at directing an animation than whatever the hell calarts is turning out these days.

Aside from a mediocre voice cast, this has a lot of potential.

Bump.

Please do it

YIKES

>Yikes
Fuck you. Lets compare the best Wabbit/NLT short to any LT short of your choosing. It would BTFO that boomer shit so hard in every category.

Nice b8 m8

Nobody’s buying it m8. Be more subtle next time. On the off chance you’re not baiting I don’t even want to engage because i’d feel like i’m bullying the mentally handicapped.

Warner Brothers will always have its charm.

>tfw there's literally one Looney Tunes youtuber who does commentary, in depth reviews, and restorations
>but he only does it on Saturdays
It sucks that there aren't more people to watch that are talking about this and things related to it. How is something so big also incredibly niche?

bump.

Which LT character(s) is Yea Forums more excited to see? For me, it’s Porky, Daffy, Yosemite Sam, and Foghorn Leghorn.

>putting Wabbit on top

Attached: A7A47AA5-6EF6-49EF-A5CF-1DA8C7CD0402.jpg (386x451, 68K)

you got a name?

>Wabbit listed as the best.
You didn't have to make the bait THIS obvious, user.

Ferris Wheelhouse, alias The Looney Tunes Critic. Unlike every other person named "The (x) Critic" he actually knows his shit really well.

You are literally the only person who doesn't like this and trying to add pacing to something meant to only be a minute
Enjoy liking literally nothing

christ they really went all out with the smears I cant stop laughing at these frames

where the fuck did they find all these good trad animators god I hope a wile e coyote short is shown soon

There are a bunch of traditional animators, it's just that the process costs $$$. And I agree with the haters, not only terrible pacing, running a dead joke into the ground with no consequence to being blown up (i.e. no comedy), and while well drawn, it is lacking a lot of weight to their actions.

>posting Disney in a Looney Tunes thread

I've seen better

>spic shi..IS THAT THE OLD DUB!?

this looks like it was fun to draw

There are plenty of good trad animators, but they're either expensive or forced to make stiff on-model animation 24/7

Just an animator whose going to live on ramen for the next few months.

Did you animate on this?

Based TGT poster

Attached: B66C3953-BFFB-4106-8426-51070709428D.png (1824x1448, 1.82M)

Not in the old theatricals, but Daffy did win the last of the CN Super Bowls because Bugs got bored and forfeited on the last play.

>not only terrible pacing
Again, it's one minute long. No room for pacing in that, come back for the full-length ones
>running a dead joke into the ground
It's not supposed to be "funny funny", it's putting in a ridiculous amount of explosives in a short time frame set to music.
>with no consequence to being blown up
When the fuck has Elmer, Daffy, ect ever had consequences being shot or blown up?

That dance... looks so goddamn memeable.

They should just put out a quick and dirty release on Warner Archive with a disclaimer at the beginning and avoid using the Looney Tunes logo on the cover so that casual people looking for Looney Tunes won't find it.

>It's one minute, so pacing doesn't exist
It's not funny, it's not even comedy. It's like a proof of concept on a technical level.
>When the fuck has Elmer, Daffy, ect ever had consequences being shot or blown up?
Every single gag where their teeth go falling out, or stand there dumbstruck, "of course you know, this means war," bill being blasted backwards. What the fuck are YOU on about?

So something like one's clothes getting torn to shreds due to the blast?

See
The timing is so bad, that the audience doesn't even have a chance to react before more dynamite. What if they just cut away from Wil E Coyote before showing his face where he knew he screwed up and then fell into the canyon, then went to a new gag without the setup? That's what this is.

I've watched this probably 10 times at this point and I still can't get over how good it looks in comparison to what I expected with a skeptical mindset. They've been using the Looney Tunes name for shit unrelated to the original theatrical shorts for 50 years, so the idea of doing more of them with a large budget, an orchestra, and a familiar aesthetic again is still having an overwhelming affect on me. They literally turned these characters into friends, made them sitcom characters, and put them next to Michael Jordan so this is an unexpected thing to see in 2019. Truthfully, I don't find this new short particularly funny since it's random slapstick that amounts to nothing and there are some things here and there I don't love, but i'm willing to put my nitpicks aside because it's mostly a preview and because this is the direction animation should be going in. Plus sources say the shorts that had a longer length are apparently hilarious and people love them. THIS a stunning piece of art and should not be tsken for granted and I look forward to what's coming next.

>You are literally the only person who doesn't like this
That's why other people agree with me.
I understand it's 1min long but you could have done far less in this 1min and gotten much more of a payoff. That Donald duck clip is 14 seconds and has a lot going for it in joke setup and payoff.

>THIS a stunning piece of art and should not be tsken for granted
this has to be bait

Attached: 5488.gif (360x264, 1.12M)

It's the best we'll be getting and I'm glad. I've waited for so long HNNNNNG

Honestly I'm pretty sure that short was just a sample taster of the animation itself. As a test and for advertisement.

All the other shorts have a story, like Bugs mistaking a Cursed Pyramid for a fancy Las Vegas hotel, or Daffy helping Porky Pig in a Baseball game.
Even the shorter ones have stuff like Sylvester trying to catch an ice-skating Tweety or the typical Roadrunner short.

It's fine for a proof of concept, but Yea Forums has really been blowing its load on this show, like they've never seen animation before. It's like spergs who get hyped over cinematics rather than actual gameplay at E3.

>everything I disagree with is bait

>i'm gonna be cynical about something because people are happy about it.
Nice to see what you do in your spare time.

I take it if someone told you that McDonald's was an exquisite dining experience for the senses; unparalleled in the culinary world. That you would believe them and their opinion.

How is that user being cynical? He's more optimistic about this train-wreck of a short than I am.

>comparing this to MacDonald's
Nice comparison but the Teen Titans Go thread is around the corner.

>It's not funny, it's not even comedy.
And it's not meant to be. Your point is
>Every single gag where their teeth go falling out
Consequences are permanent, this is not

I unironically think you're shills at this point
Especially with how stupid some of these complains are and how you come this late into the thread like the last time a bunch of random complaints came in

DUCK SEASON FIRE!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I said it stinks, and have been in the thread since yesterday, how am I a shill?

Attached: MV5BOGU1ODdjZWUtNjMyOS00YjljLThkYmQtMGM2MmNhNjU5MTlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQwNDk2ODM@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0, (630x1200, 45K)

>thinking boomer Jay Sherman wouldn't love something like this.

>Elmer Fudd
>no shotgun

this better not happen.

He'll have his stupid shotgun. Calm down.

Make her the obsessed, love-struck character.
>Penelope falls for the MGM lion, has to sneak into studio
>Penelope goes to zoo, sees lion, tries to seduce him away from lioness
>Penelope falls for one of cast of Cats not realizing they're human
>Penelope visits furry convention

Did a good number people really go reeeeee over him not having it?

>Penelope visits furry convention
I'd fucking kek if this happened

Without being political about it

Attached: 41c.gif (400x291, 1.97M)

>Make her the obsessed, love-struck character.

I think if they played up the fact that both Pepe and Penelope are as psycho-horny as each other and it's only extenuating circumstances that get in their way, they could make the dynamic work in this day 'n age. Like, balance it out a bit more and have some shorts where he's chasing her, some where she's chasing him, etc.

Attached: Art1.png (1441x975, 862K)

Thinking Jay would support a poor reboot of a classic franchise. I bet you paid to see apocalypse wow.

What are the chances of Lola's Mom appearing in this show?
Hopefully Lola could get in first

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 16K)

What do you mean traditional?If you mean to draw it on paper and ink it bro that's gonna take them forever to make an episode

There was a short where they did exactly that, "Really Scent".

Attached: 1557752085956.webm (640x480, 2.98M)

>chances
0. It's possible Lola may show up but even that's a stretch since these shorts focus on a specific era. Certain characters have a chance of popping up but there's no way in hell Lola's mom or any character's parents would show up in these because that's a stupid idea. These shorts aren't character pieces with plenty of lore behind them. These are 8 minute or less cartoons filled with gags and slapstick which is for the best.

We're just a day away from a new LTC video. Anyone else excited?

God I wish Tom and Jerry would get this treatment

She has a better chance of being in Space Jam 2. While it's not absolutely impossible, it's so unlikely that you might as well not even anticipate it. The earlier shorts are most certainly going to focus on more classic characters and dynamics, but maybe within the 16+ of cartoons, some newer faces would pop up if the animators want them to. The thing is, the 'plot' of the episode would need to call for it and like said, for there to be gags involved.
Where did you hear that?

Is the 2014 show bad?

>where did you hear that?
LTC is Looney Tunes Critic

Did he mention it in a video or something?

What is the best Looney Tunes song and why is it this?

youtube.com/watch?v=nGYJtI37Y7M

no but he uploads a new commentary every Saturday

question, about Lola

look, i get the idea of lola actually being looney now, but, cmon did they really have to make her unattractive, is it taboo to have someone being pretty and good looking and still being zany and lighthearted!, there should have been a design who was a middle ground between the femme fatale and TLSlola, let's face it they made her unattractive because of the rep OG lola had.

>implying TLS Lola isn't attractive

I find her more attractive than the SJ version, personally. The "super model" look in general never did a damn thing for me.

She is fucking attractive though
Her old Space Jam design would have not fit into TLTS the same way her design in TLTS wouldn't fit into these new shorts

>the eyes
>the same buck theeth as bugs instead of making it small or rounded
>the art direction

NO, also let's face it, it was the beginning of the SJW/Woke era.

HA!

Attached: 1332606528496.png (698x658, 78K)

>It was the beginning of the SJW/Woke era.
It was one of the last shows before that era

Attached: ddtw.jpg (2560x1440, 348K)

Fuck off you furry loving degenerates.

second user here, i said that as a joke

>No Pepe or Speedy.
Sad.

People who prefer LTS Lola have shit taste. SJ Lola could work like Red Hot Riding Hood, Jessica Rabbit or Minerva Mink and be hilarious. How the fuck would LTS Lola work in a short like this without being generic as all fuck?

Attached: 1F2FB99E-BC0D-4840-A5BC-38341CB4B476.jpg (240x432, 23K)

There are legitimate theatrical LT shorts in the 90's that don't look as good as this.

Believe what you want, I guess.

Pepe is in the new shorts though. Speedy is not (as of now) which i'm fine with because his cartoons were never funny aside from maybe the original.

Anyone that likes any version of Lola has shit taste.

>which i'm fine with because his cartoons were never funny aside from maybe the original.
Shit taste, every cartoon with Speedy and Silvester was great (His cartoons with Daffy suck,tho).

Yeah yeah group the two together instead of presenting a counter point.

Attached: Looney Tunes #117 (2004) (GreenGiant) 035.jpg (665x620, 193K)

She needs to crossdress as a guy if this is going to work

Attached: Looney Tunes (1994-) 218-020.jpg (508x945, 138K)

>current norm in animation

American TV animation isn't all animation, you know.

Naw, Speedy Gonzalez sucked

Now, Slowpoke Rodriguez, that was the gold character.

"Laaaaaaaaa Cucharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

A counter point? Are you retarded? How is anyone going to argue with someone who's bitching about what version of an anthropomorphic cartoon rabbit is more attractive? Eat shit.

Well if they don't bring Speedy back, they won't bring Slowpoke back either.

I'm fine without either. It's the same gag over and over. Even i'm tired of Road Runner cartoons.

Attached: donaldjduck.webm (490x360, 1.58M)

Posting a bunch of my favorite Daffy shorts.
>Daffy Duck in Hollywood
>A Coy Decoy
>The Wise Quacking Duck
>Tom Turk and Daffy
>Tick Tock Tuckered
>Book Revue
>The Great Piggybank Robbery
>Birth of a Notion
>Abominable Snow Rabbit.

Tired of Duck Amuck and I never thought Duck Dodgers was that funny. I'm also so sick of Daffy just being ANOTHER character for Bugs to fuck with. His cartoons are so much better when he's in charge and causing havoc.

Wow, you sure seem triggered today, user.

One of the good things about these new shorts is that they offer the chance to shake up the formula a bit. There will still be Roadrunner and Coyote, but there's also the chance for new dynamics like maybe Elmer hunting the Roadrunner or the Roadrunner getting involved in something Yosemite Sam is doing.

You could do a ton of jokes that play off the theme of them adoring each other, but struggling to deal with one another's idiosyncrasies.

That is not an accurate representation of the content of my post.

So obviously Pepe's quality that drives Penelope away is his smell, but what would be Penelope's quality that drives Pepe away?

Attached: 36525555.png (875x954, 580K)

The fact she's not a good character and is only ever brought up in these threads is so virgins can fetishize her.

Shotgun confirmed. Looks like Yosemite Sam's getting his pistols back too.

Attached: 1558916328814.jpg (1638x2048, 712K)

I swear Warner Bros animation is actually god tier and yet they continue to be wasted on Teen Titans Go. I'm glad to see them finally be let out from their chambers for some creativity.
The animation is fantastic and snappy, with some real effort, no flash, just handdrawn frames and a background. It's what I'd want and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I dunno, the dynamics work for a reason. Bugs and Elmer work because Elmer's kind of a putz and Bugs outwits him. Wile and Roadrunner works because Wile overthinks everything. Etc

>You can only like female characters if you want to fuck them

i still can't get over how great Bugs and Daffy's poses are. These cartoons are gonna be incredible and provide me with plenty of reaction images.

Wouldn't be hard to come up with one, or several.

If you look back at the comments, that's all they talked about which isn't that hard to see.

People like sex. Get over yourself.

Attached: 59F49F98-2CFF-401A-A122-DD1C940B4B12.jpg (1015x786, 45K)

Not entirely, alot of the comments were about how to adapt Penelope into the modern toons
It's hard to separate some sex elements when the entirety of the shorts is her getting chased by a rapeish freak

>I now look stupid for my response so I will now double down on the fact i want to fuck cartoon animals
Have ACTUAL sex.

Not even the same user. Just pointing out that being a prude is not a good look. These characters are more than just their sex appeal, but people will talk about their sex appeal because people like sex. Get over yourself.

You're looking at the wrong posts. All the ones talking about Lola had nothing to do with how she is portrayed. It was about her look and nothing more. Whoever was talking about Penelope was a completely unrelated conversation.

See

>Get over yourself and allow degenerative talk about sexualizing animals in a thread that has nothing to do with it
You need to be in a mental institution or take that shit to Yea Forums

Not an argument, soccermom.

>people who prefer LTS Lola have shit taste
That is inherently implying that giving her a personality other than a cool sexy girl is bad and only sexual bunhy is right. The point still stands. He still only cares about the looks.

It's more than what you have, furryfaggot.

>ignoring the rest of the post and the reason given WHY it’s shit taste and WHY LTS Lola only works in a sitcom and wouldn’t be able to survive in classic shorts unlike SJ Lola, like Jessica Rabbit, Red Hot Riding Hood or Minerva Mink

Classic

You wanna get BTFO even more? Fine, I'll bite. His only argument is comparing her to other one-note sex symbols who are known more being something to look at than contributing anything of value to their respected cartoons/movies. How is saying
>oh well she can be exactly like these other sexy characters that don't have much else
a proper argument?

So I guess next thread is if one comes out tomorrow like rumored?

There is no rumor about a cartoon coming out tomorrow.

>shitting on Tex Avery and Richard Williams

Dear lord, and you think I’M getting BTFO’d. Bet you think Betty Boop doesn’t work either huh?

Having a character who makes the guys go gaga is fucking funny. It’s the female equivalent of Pepe who is also hilarious. Sexuality is funny. The old shorts knew this.

LTS Lola would just be a generic Looney character and we have plenty of those.

Fuck Jim Cummings

What the fuck i’m a #kickvic now

So if you were able to make one of these shorts, what would the premise of your episode be?

>yes lets repeat the same gag over and over
There's a reason why shit like Red Hot Riding Hood only worked once before the idea became stale. Also these talented directors are more than just "hey lets have character's eye's buldge out of head after seeing a hot girl". Not only that but you're talking about irrelevant shit like Betty Boop who no one has cared about in decades. Why? It's because the idea is repetitive and over-saturated. It's also not even about defending LTS Lola, it's about how these faggots don't care about anything but how their cute rabbit looks. So much misdirection it's ridiculous.

What the fuck did he ever do to you aside from giving you a good childhood when you're dad wasn't too busy beating the fuck out of you for being a failure and a legitimate retard

Guys i love Looney Tunes but Uncle Grandpa was trash.

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD