A schoolteacher and underemployed toymaker live here

>a schoolteacher and underemployed toymaker live here

Boomers had it so fucking easy.

Attached: e91e605eeea9865245b741eb538084c7.jpg (720x545, 60K)

*krrk*
Just the thread a no-effort zoomer would make
siiiiiip

Didi bought it with Their money.

they had jew gold

Didn't Stu have enough clout with the corporation that owns Reptar to be brought in to design a fucking motion activated mecha Godzilla?

Stu must be earning hella money off of patents

This.
If anything I bet a modern day Rugrats would have Stu at a Notch or FNaF situation, just gets royalty paychecks from whatever he makes. You know, without the shitty things Notch did. And Didi's rich from inheritance.

That was after they had the house though. In the early episodes, Stu doesn't have any sort of clout and is trying to wow toymakers (like the dude they go to dinner with).

I can see Didi being one of those mommy bloggers who is too preoccupied with running her YT/Twitter to pay attention to her kids

Or she makes Tommy the center of the channel and all of his friends abandon him because he's getting too "famous"

Meanwhile, it was a plot point that Stu was obviously jealous of Drew's success compared to him

I still count that as Didi having inheritance/her dad buying the house.
That doesn't explain any of the other parents. How does a single dad own a home?

These sound like actual plots for the reboot.

I thought it was a Simpsons thing where the Grand Dad helped but the thing too.

Are you retarded? Drew is a stay at home dad, Charlotte is the breadwinner.

Chaz works and was married

Drew's an accountant, it's mentioned a few times. The real mystery is Howard, who seems to be a stay at home dad, but has a home office for a job that's never explained.

Probably bought the home prior to his wife dying.

Writer?

I think it's more likely Lou bought the house, it explains why he lives with Stu.

I always imagined they lived in a shit state where property was dirt cheap

He's got a fancy ass calculator, so I've always wondered if he was supposed to be the accountant and it got changed at some point.

But they were Auschwitz survivors, not rich jews.

Actuary or appraiser is more likely.

In rugrats in paris, we see the phone signal from france bounce of a satellite and land someplace in the midwest, somewhere between california and nevada, but that whole area is desert.

>The Pickles Family residence was labelled as 1258 North Highland Avenue in Los Angeles in certain episodes and the comic book

Also, Didi isn't a certified teacher, she teaches at a montessori school - which pays significantly less, as she never finished her college education, in one episode she tried to go back to college but finds it too difficult with her current life situation.

It is assumed that they had assistance to pay for the house.

>between California and Nevada is the midwest
wut

Howard was an insurance actuary who met Betty - previously a Wrestler who later went pro - on the job while she was in university and she fell in love with him and after five years of dating, they eventually married.

He stopped working after they married and she used her pro-wrestling money to buy the house and got a job as a coach in the local school until eventually taking over a coffee shop.

Southwest, sorry
Looking at it again, it kinda looks like it lands in california, at the southern end of central valley.
By california standards, not too expensive, especially back before the recession.

Maybe it was Grandpa's house that he bought after WWII with GI money?

IRL that's a mixed commercial/residential area on an arterial road, not the quiet neighborhood presented in the show.

>In real life, that's the original home of the Klasky Csupo production office.

It's a reference but the house is supposed to be in LA.

No, the Pickles used to live in Akron Ohio - after they married they moved to California to chase Stu's dream of being a toymaker/inventor.

I always assumed Stu was a bumbling goof at home because they were his own personal projects. I figured he took his job seriously but this is honestly a show I only watched as a child so I dont really remember.

Stu was a freelance Designer who I think even openly mentions he occasionally gets advances.

>and underemployed toymaker
bitch he made a fucking mecha

>Chaz works and was married
drew fucking lost most of his millions he got when chuckies mom died.

what about him?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

>You know, without the shitty things Notch did.
Shut the fuck up; Cliffhorse would have been a billion dollar franchise if people like you had just given it a chance.

"bureaucrat"

Worked at a government office - nothing else is said about him but it pays well.

His wife never worked and was a stay at home mom who spent most of her time gardening before she died of "sudden terminal illness".

maybe freelancer engineer?

I feel like in a modernized "Rugrats" Stu would be a startup guy or an app/toy developer attempting to innovate. Didi would probably be a YouTuber.

Didi'd have a blog

that would be painful to watch
I miss good old pre-internet era

In hindsight, Stu probably worked in some sort of industrial design field, or maybe even something pertaining to robotics. As stated in this thread, he was commissioned to design a giant sized mecha, this is obviously not just a hobby that he picked up. Wouldn't be surprised if he previously worked for some big tech company, made a decent amount, got bored, and left to pursue his passion in toy design.

That is what someone stealing Jew gold would say

Considering Didi was a Home Economics teacher in California (a class I'm sure had been eliminated from schools around here) she'd probably have a vlog about homemaking while dutifully following Dr. Lipshitz's baby blog for tips on how to care for her own baby. She could land a sponsorship where she has to shill certain products to her audience which is where the income for the family comes from.

Yes? That house is architecturally an eyesore, and the paintjob is hideous. Sure they could repaint it, but the cube design is unforgivable. It probably was a poor seller on the housing market til the Pickles got it.

Attached: 1559680166896.png (246x310, 112K)

Was she brought in for diversity?

Attached: 1545789000163.png (400x302, 151K)

nice headcanon

forced meme cock suckers

He killed his rich ass wife because he didnt want to work another Day of his life

Chaz screams the type to get life insurance policy on his family.

of course

Yeah but she was fun

>"sudden terminal illness".
Read: Murder.

Attached: 1531981015955.png (459x470, 179K)

At last I truly see

He had neat taste in cars too. I always kind of thought Rugrats was just a standard show that got a lot of nostalgia points but they did enjoy putting in neat little details or flavor for the characters.

Attached: 1544900343068.jpg (800x594, 68K)

Howard mentions he used to work in insurance. In one of the wrestling episodes, Betty mentions she was a wrestler and went pro. He was likely involved in insurance for sports because in the episode regarding Football, Howard says "This really takes me back!" when he was watching a game.

They talk about how they met though it differs in different episodes. In one episode, Betty mentions how she met Howard after she finished college "And 5 years later, we married!" Howard on the other hand says, " she use to poke him with her index finger during their school days, however, after years, he realized Betty was only doing it because she was too shy to admit that she liked him"

It was said in one of the early episodes that Betty is an Assistant Coach for the Jim Jr. High Soccer Team.

Someone who used to work in insurance but has a huge fancy calculator means he was likely an insurance actuary.