Alex Hirsch gave all his characters a distinct voice and you couldn't tell any of them were him

>Alex Hirsch gave all his characters a distinct voice and you couldn't tell any of them were him
>Ian JQ gives his characters the same stupid voice with a different pitch and they all sound like him

Attached: h.png (1799x898, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NcyS6zA0XwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yet three of those characters are good and none of them are on the top row

Ian can't even draw hands

>Crying about a voice actor not being as skilled as another voice actor

Comparing show creators

>Thinking ok ko is better than gravity falls
Lmao

>still liking Gravity Falls after that rushed ending and all that waiting

The show would’ve benefited from a third season, we all know it. There was so much shit that was going on in season 2 and it just abruptly ended. Plus the fact that the show was on for almost 5 years and only pumped out 2 fucking seasons is ridiculous, even if it was Disney holding the episodes back

Lamaoing with that other user

to be fair, Darrell and Rad's voices sound a lot more different now than they were back in the pilot

OK KO is a goofy comedy that doesn't try to make itself more then it is (besides that one episode everyone hates)
Gravity Falls is frankly just shit non-mystery to the point Ok Ko has more consequences then Gravity Falls did

I'm a huge OK KO fan and even I know you're wrong

Who cares if you're able to tell it's him? That's how lots of voice actors are, extremely popular ones like Richard Horvitz, Tara Strong, and Grey DeLisle all have recognizable voices but that doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable. And personally, I enjoy Ian JQ's characters more than Alex Hirsch's.

This. Their voices have a certain charm to them, even if the former is a self-insert.

>I'm a huge OK KO fan

I'm sorry for your shit taste in cartoons.

fpwp

I wish OK KO just looked less messy and was drawn better, I'd like it more

the fuck are you talking about crinkly rinkly sounds nothing like ian's normal voice and neither does darrel, rad is the only one you might have a point on if your fucking tone deaf

>Stan isn't a good character

Worst opinion I've ever seen on Yea Forums, congrats.

I'm sorry you take cartoons seriously.

Not to mention better designs

Aaaaand thats why nobody takes USA dubbin industry seriously, they can put any retard with no talent doing silly voices

Finale ruined him.

What an embarrassing opinion.

You can't expect everyone to have such a big voice range, as long as they have a good and expressive voice I don't see the problem. Ian JQ has a recognizable voice but the ones he does on his characters are expressive and differentiate from each other enough, atleast he doesn't have a one dimensional voice like Vic Lasagna.

Why are you comparing these two wildly different shows? They're both good.

Could've swore Grunkle Stan was an actual actor.

Ford is

They just need to fucking stop with the creator voicing like 5 different characters anyway.

Are they getting paid per character voiced or something? Why do they keep doing this shit? Kyle Carozza voiced half the male cast of Magiswords. And they all sounded the same.

Attached: 715.jpg (720x720, 36K)

Matt Chapman beats all of their asses
>does every voice in the dumb cartoon webshow
>every voice is insanely different

Attached: matt-chapman-heroescon-2015.jpg (533x400, 67K)

Nice bait. Worst opinion I've ever heard on Yea Forums. Here's your (You)

Some show creators just have better range than others. It’s really not a big deal. I think Ian JQ does a pretty great job voicing characters on OK K.O.!. Even if Rad, Darrell, and Purple Tails share similarities, Ian still manages to make them emotive and at least somewhat distinct. The same can be said for Justin Roiland.

Alex Hirsch is one of the rare cartoon creators with a natural talent for pulling off different voices, much like Seth MacFarlane and Mike Judge. No need to compare Hirsch and JQ.

Attached: A42E74D0-7972-43FF-9EF8-629741B10EDE.jpg (1080x1141, 223K)

Clamantha was Hirsch's best role.

OH NO NO NO NO

>besides that one episode everyone hates
Do you mean the gun violence/skeleton remote episode?

I refuse to consider Ian a creator, he fucking sucks

It's easy for Hirsch to do those different voices because they were in a range that 90% of men could do with zero effort.
Unless your voice is really distinct, you can do a gravelly voice, a Plinkett and a nasal voice.

Also your comparison is especially stupid because Crinkly Wrinkly and Old Man McGucket both do the same generic wacky old man voice.

In both cases it was just dumb to have the non-actor creator handle several characters, but at least it fits OK KO's intentionally sloppy style. Not saying I'm a fan of that style, but at least it's consistent.

>ITT Yea Forums discovers method acting and character acting and acts like it's something new

>That's how lots of voice actors are, extremely popular ones like Richard Horvitz, Tara Strong, and Grey DeLisle all have recognizable voices but that doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable.
True, but they also don't usually voice multiple characters within the same show.

>it was just dumb to have the non-actor creator handle several characters
It really wasn’t. Having Ian and Alex voice several characters on their respective shows definitely eased OK K.O.! and GF’s production pipelines by always having these VAs available for retakes or last-minute voice-over for commercials.

I honestly think every cartoon creator should strive to do at least one recurring voice in their own show. It doesn’t have to be the main character; a side character like Pen Ward’s LSP, Dan & Swampy’s roles on PnF and MML, or Raphael BW’s various voices on BoJack is more than enough. Doing so is not only an easy way to get their foot in the door of the voice acting world, but it’s also an easy second paycheck. It only makes sense for someone who successfully managed to pitch and sell a show to a major network to be capable of making at least one funny/serious voice.

As long as those creators can make their characters sound expressive and fun, they’re doing their job well. Ian and Alex don’t even have that “whispering so my parents won’t hear me” voice that many internet animators struggle with, so they’re perfectly fine.

Attached: E237893A-0F47-43B1-BD96-C8FB935A5FB3.png (784x339, 615K)

>can perform a rap duet with himself live on stage
youtube.com/watch?v=NcyS6zA0XwY

Attached: sun3.png (1105x569, 1.11M)

Impressive

>Justin Roiland
>"I'm mr.noun and oh boy do we have some noun stuff here today. Let's start with oooooooohweee a dinglebomb is in my chair, get outta here dinglebomb, I'm Mr. Noun!"
Rick and Morty stans can go fuck themselves. November is gonna be a nightmare

Attached: 4F303132-BC00-4FC1-821D-B2E009BAE486.jpg (488x480, 21K)

have sex

What is an opinion?

Honestly, if I didn't already know, I'd only be able to tell that Crinkly is just Ian doing a voice

But yeah, Alex is a pretty good voice actor

say what you will about the fans, but the way justin walks the line between actual comedy and sarcasm is fucking amazing

>ok ko fags have shit taste
imagine my shock

we dont deserve Matt Chapman

>OP is clearly racist
Opinion Discarded

Fuck. Actually laughed. I was noticing this trend watching the Trevor saves the universe playthrough.

What is MML?

One is a virtue signaling, overrated piece of leftist shit who dated a goblin and made a cartoon that is incredibly overhyped here.

The other is a manlet

One had Mable

wow ur cool

God cartoons are so ugly.

All right, smart guy. What cartoons AREN’T ugly? Fuckin He-Man or some shit?

Attached: 292F784F-E6C4-4EEA-8490-259A4005F0A8.png (1280x720, 545K)

Ian's voice isn't hard to recognize once you know it, but that's because he himself has a distinctive voice, not because he lacks the ability to individualize his characters. Besides, Hirsch's Bill voice is only distinctive because of heavy post-processing.

>why does someone with a unique timbre have a more recognizable voice than someone with an extremely common timbre!?!?

Attached: dfg1.jpg (600x600, 31K)

Oh, fuck off. Ian may have a more recognizable voice in general, but you’re making it sound like he’s just an outright bad voice actor. I love his beefy, macho Rad voice and his silly Darrell voice. “All in the Villainy” and “Beach Episode” made me realize how great he is at doing latter.

I don’t care too much for Crinkly Wrinkly, but his voice is still done pretty well.

Attached: 2B3A655C-E2EB-47D7-A84C-9E62B14A48E6.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Based

If you're comparing them for their showrunner abilities, even then I'd be conflicted. JQ's show was never good, but at least he didn't break after one season.

>JQ's show was “never good”
>Hirsch “broke after one season”

Attached: 1B986515-07E1-4741-875D-C4D7625C1491.png (430x440, 206K)

As I said earlier, that's what makes them so charming in my opinion. And you can tell Ian and the cast are having fun as they record the voices.

Alex was a control freak who overexerted himself trying to do everything. For the CN shows, it's probably budget. I doubt creators get paid much, if at all, for doing voices.

Milo Murphy's Law

They really aren’t. Minimalism can look damn good when pulled off correctly.

It's better than spending hundreds of thousands on a handful of voice actors.