Intelligent, charismatic, friendly, beautiful heiress the the world’s foremost industrial billionaire

>Intelligent, charismatic, friendly, beautiful heiress the the world’s foremost industrial billionaire
>Literally has nobody in her social circle besides her Dad until she meets Mako and Korra

Attached: 870C7DD6-CE04-4AD5-9B36-BE9B77A28EF1.png (688x735, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comikaider.blogspot.com/2012/05/avatar-avatarding-asami-is-amon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This really should've been the Korra and Asami show from the beginning. Dirty Pair it, and it would've been great.

I'm told it's because she was initially conceived to be in Amon's crowd before somebody decided she was to stick around. I don't know how true that is. Its just what I heard

Really seems like they changed her character direction at the very last second

Attached: AsamiStartOfDarkness.png (500x279, 124K)

Probably got sick of the suck ups and suitors

Her dad’s autism meant he was relieved when she stopped hanging out with potential threats

I'd bang her.

Noone important to the story that needed to be showed

It's apparently in "The Legend of Korra—The Art of the Animated Series, Book One: Air" that they explain that Asami was intended to be an Equalist spy using Mako to get closer to Korra, but obviously their plans had changed.

In the meantime, here's something from May 2012: comikaider.blogspot.com/2012/05/avatar-avatarding-asami-is-amon.html

She only met Mako because she ran him over. She only fucked Korra because she spent a year caring for her injuries, giving her sponge-baths and changing her diapers. She may just have a fetish for helpless injured people.

Oh wow, it's like Bryke didn't put any thought into the Legend of Korra at all except for surface level "STEAMPUNK CHINA COOL RIGHT"

That's because she, like Korra, are both the rebellious princess archetype. Which more or less requires some sort of isolation, whether literal or psychological, from a society.

But then they still had 3 seasons to make her not feel like a cardboard cutout and they still failed.

Maybe she finds her fellow plutocrat-spawn to be unutterably-shallow.

For the life of me, I could never get engaged with this character. So is so boring. When I watched the show again, I thought I might get a new perspective, but my feelings on her still remained unchanged.

She's more of a consistent plot device than actual character. Her best moments were early in S2 when they've got her as straight man to Bolin.

Bolin and Mako are just as awful

Correct.
Also, Asami appears to have been added into the cast kinda late. I remember there was a noticeably odd lack of her presence in any of the promotional material that they were releasing before and during the first season. The lack of information about her made her look fairly mysterious and shady at the time, so there were a bunch of fan theories about how she'd end up backstabbing the others.

It's sort of nice that they didn't do the obvious and predictable thing with her; the way they handled her character did genuinely surprise me. But on the other hand, making Asami so nice made it seem like she was pretty bland and absolutely useless waste of time at the end of the day. And it also harmed the portrayal of other characters; Korra and Mako might've turned out more likable without the love triangle.

Attached: The Legend of Korra - The Art of the Animated Series - Book One - Air-022.jpg (2699x3600, 1.14M)

Asami being an Equalist spy, but realizing her movement is mostly bullshit after actually spending time outside her ivory tower and ideological bubble, would have been a great development.

you are subhuman for even defending a small part end your own life it has no value

lol (you)

Taking Asami out of a cliched heelturn is well intentioned, but making her so bland and pointless for 4 seasons actually makes me wish they’d just done the boring twist and gotten rid of her

they forgot to write that part