Gunnerkrigg Court

Chapter 71: Page 26
Jail.

Attached: 00002160.jpg (600x849, 209K)

More nothing

watch him go David S. Pumpkins on her, stay silent and then say "I do. Bye!" and vanish.

Booreaucracy

bore-aucracy

I cannot think of a thing that I could POSSIBLY give less of a shit about than this stupid, contrived plot that Tom has dragged out about there being two Antimonys. This is all fucking bullshit. Just dispense with it, so we can get to the big End Of Evangelion-style showdown between the Court and the Forest.

Attached: 1559488164942.jpg (337x367, 95K)

Terrible

Just leave.

Been busy with other shit for a few months, just caught back up and I'm a bit confused with all this contract shit, maybe this uses some references to stuff I forgot about and it's already been talked about here, but it just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Like 10 pages ago, the spirit dude was talking about how the Arrow is extremely dangerous because it can cancel contracts, so to prevent its use its holder must be put in mind and physical jail.
This coupled with it being at down under the bridge all this time told me whatever these guys are, they would have gotten rid of the arrow way earlier if they could.
But now they've just given a contract just to be helpful in the further use of the Arrow.

So what is it? Is the Arrow some sort of super dangerous "fuck-off gods, I do what I want" thing that can obscene the laws of nature and should never be used, or is it cool with them?
And why is it even that dangerous if they can literally just hit some sort of universal pause button and give a stern talking to whoever was about to use it and even apparently prevent its use?

Attached: Winnie Think.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Hey Tom, if you want me to like your characters don't make them act like enormous fucking retards.
If Kat gets fucked over later because of this I'm not going to care, because you've just shown her being a total retard when she had the chance to deal with the problem.

This is new ugliest gunnerkrigg page also what this guy said

I'm really not even trying to follow this.

I stopped long ago. His tendency to just drop the pacing and have everyone just talk for weeks has really killed it for me.

This contract/arrow shit is incomprehensible and this chapter has been extremely boring so far because of it. I also actually would prefer we not find out what happened with Annie and just have two Annies forever without explanation.

Everyone wants two Annies forever

"Shifted" Annie is the real Annie and has been living in a pocket dimension this whole time. There will be a lot of time travel / dimension hopping bullshit and we will end up with three Annies.

Yep it been the most welcome change to this whole thing

Even better

It will be like the Three Stooges
Only the Annies will be dumber

What will the third Annie be like?

Bald.

Reminder that they had no reason to sign any of this themselves while it's all about giving a deluxe dildo to a no-character that will never payback for any of this.

Sexy Annie

Crazy Annie, who likes to burn things.

This is terrible writing for the need of "plot". Which he does way too much.

Bald, Sexy, Crazy

I can get on board for that.

already pregnant due to being from even further in the future

YES!

But who is the father?

Her father.

Why is Kat, who's never seen these kinds of ether beings or whatever just trusting them and their contracts? Why wouldn't she be immediately skeptical and read the contract, like she would have done back in the spirit world thing arc Annie took her to? It's not like she has a time limit and can't take her time reading it, they literally froze time

Attached: 1503132197122.jpg (189x165, 24K)

1) She wasn't skeptical in the slightest in the rotd. She just saw things differently from Annie. She didn't question anything at all and just went along with everything. This has been consistently established as her personality throughout the comic. Kat isn't inquisitive or skeptical at all and she tends to trust total strangers without second guessing. This has been established over and over. The only time she ever was shown to dislike someone she didn't really know was with Tony, which was a special case.
2) She might not be wasting a bystander like Juliette's time, but she would waste toothpaste ghost and wall face's time. Kat would easily be pressured into signing something very quickly, without reading, just to avoid annoying toothpaste ghost or wall face.

>Kat doesn't keep a contract on her
>asshole ghost flashes teeth at her
I hope Kat is going to go invent like a Proton Pack and only didn't read the contract because she has no intention of letting that legalistic fucker mess with her again

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ANY OF THIS
WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT, TOM?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1486098254452.png (480x360, 298K)

Kat keeps ascending to her status as the machine god, Reynard is a different kind of slave now, and we might get an explanation of what happen to Annie.

This whole fucking chapter had no reason to be tied to Kat and the robots and could've easily been three fucking pages.
1 - Annies fight over control of Renard and arbiter shows up
2 - Arbiter changes Renard to a familiar
3 - Whatever dumb shit they're about to explain about Annie being shifted

Literally nothing matters except that Renard is now a familiar. That was all that was accomplished this chapter. The ten pages of explanation are pointless and incoherent.

uuuuUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Tease us with a transformation Kat too why don't you

They're both already bald (where it counts)

Not Forest Annie

>this chapter could be shorter if you didn't include that pesky story!
ok

>10 pages of nonsensical legal explanations is "Story"
become an hero

Attached: andersoncooperistiredofyourshit.gif (220x212, 86K)

Go to bed Magnolia.

Wow. That was a load of nothing.

Can you guys just admit that the only reason you're mad is because you're reading this story at a pace of three pages every week?

This is fucking webcomics 101. If it's going too slow, then take a fucking break and come back later when the chapter is actually complete.

Nah, I read plenty of slow webcomics and it's usually fine. The problem here is that the entire chapter is just pointless and confusing.

why are you assuming the pacing is what i have a problem with

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY!?

This. These last threads have been pure cancer. Just leave, you faggots.

you're right, this is way less cancerous than
>LE BIMMY IS BEST GIRL I WANT TO EAT FOREST ANNIE'S EARWAX XDD

Actually, no, it isn't. You are way worse than those guys.

It's only been around for like 2 chapters.
Why act like it's been stretched out forever?

Oh yes I'm sure having a rushed plot makes great reading, user.

10 pages seems like a lot to you?
Are you aware just how long this series is?

It's infitely better than
>IT'S SHIT SHIT SHIT I HATE IT AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A FAGGOT THE ARTIST IS A HACK BECAUSE IT'S NOT WHAT I DEMAND!
You don't even like this comic, you'll be 100% happier if you never come to these threads again.

What are some other good comics that these anons would hate?

Pic related, it updates on the same schedule as Gunnerkigg and moves at the same pace.

Attached: ggmain20190612.jpg (700x1032, 282K)

This.
If you'd at least have arguments or something, it'd be fine, but you're just yelling and screaming that you hate it.
Why are you here?
Just leave.

Man, I'll never get over how ugly this comic is.
Whenever I see it I can't believe my eyes.
It's worse than moon over june.

That's a pretty epic imaginary scenario for you to masturbate to but I've been reading Girl Genius for like 12 years and even though it has its flaws unlike Gunnershit Cunt I have never felt the need to complain about how retarded everything is so try again

Man, I love Girl Genius, but that shit moves waaaaay too slow to keep up on a MWF schedule.

The whole fucking point is this didn't need to be an entire chapter

I've been reading on the update since chapter fucking 3

What are the qualities of that comic?

Ugly, and probably slower than any other comic on the internet.

zimmy

i said ZIMMY

>I have never felt the need to complain about how retarded everything is
Well, let's be fair; with Girl Genius, part of its charm is how retarded everything is.

imaa gib pic

Lackadaisy

it's also unbearably ugly.

wat pic?

Yeah. I'm with you. No matter how you look at this whole thing, it makes no sense.

If you assume that every magical event follows some sort of law that can be prosecuted, then any event that exceeds ordinary laws would exist in the realm of theory. That is, a magical lawyer of sorts should be able to present a case and help the judge decide how to recognize this arrow's relationship to magical laws. It can't be just a, "This shit makes no sense to us so you go to jail" thing or else WHY have magic judges? They're incapable of making judgements because they incarcerate anything they don't understand. They don't arbitrate shit.

But if the arrow's just flat out illegal somehow, then why don't they just say that? "This arrow violates the laws and if you use it, you get jail time." Should be much more cut and dry.

Like I get that somehow the type of use is what makes it "illegal", but as you say, if a higher power can intercept the arrow and stop people from using it, isn't the problem only that the ancient statue, which has been admitted to do fuck-all for long enough its language died, wasn't paying attention? Any time it breaks the law, the statue should simply show up and say you can't do that.

None of that is why this makes no sense, but yeah, this ghost makes no sense.
He says that the arrow must not be used, but then a couple pages later he gives Kat permission to use it, apparently without any caveats.
I can't imagine Tom did this by mistake, because it really is just a direct, obvious contradiction, so let's just wait how this shakes out. We literally don't know a single thing about the contract Kat just blindly signed, which is obviously also purposeful.
Tom is very good at setting things up and subverting expectations entirely. I don't think I've ever been correct trying to predict any of the twists Tom put into this comic.
For now, I don't think we'll be able to figure out what's going on here, so I'm just gonna wait for more info to emerge.

This comic averages around 4 chapters per YEAR. Even if you read once a year this comic would still move at a snails pace.