Which characters of Yea Forums are pure enough to carry the one ring and not succumb to it's corruption?

Which characters of Yea Forums are pure enough to carry the one ring and not succumb to it's corruption?

and which are powerful enough to wield it's full power?

Attached: Bakshi-Frodo.jpg (360x202, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GxCplsdCwxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Steven Universe

If you want something, anything, you're susceptible. The only protection is to want nothing.

Reformed Zaheer

Doom.
Also Doom.

Wouldn't lazy NEETs with no ambition or goals in life be immune to it?

...Samwise did.

He even gave the ring *back* to someone, which is a fucking miracle in and of itself, no matter how short a time he bore it.

Porky Pig.

Also, If you still think the One Ring grants any power to the person who uses it, you failed completely to understand it.

Are you susceptible if you don’t know you have the ring?

Depends. And if it gets the right NEET.
They'd be the most susceptible.
Many men end up like that due to a dream that failed, big time.

And Bilbo gave the Ring up of his own volition, albeit only after pressure from Gandalf. Gandalf mentions that Bilbo may have been the only person in history to willingly give up the Ring, at least until Sam did. Hobbits just seem to be particularly pure of heart as a race.

They only care for food, ale, gardening and birthdays.

This was arguably one of the reasons Bilbo was able to keep the damn thing for so long without becoming corrupted. All he thought of it was a special magic ring and nothing beyond it and kept using it (mostly) to help others and the worst thing he ever did with it was spook the willies out of his neighbors.

Okay so both he and Sam willingly gave up the ring, but Bilbo more or less just abandoned it rather than directly put it back into someone else's hands.

Attached: e34120040f68c5075110dee59115e3da.jpg (540x412, 25K)

Yes, but could you make somebody take the ring to the volcano, and have them destroy it, by hiding the ring inside if something else and telling them to throw THAT into the lava/magma, and because they don’t know it’s the ring, not be corrupted?

It amplifies any talent you may have.
Hobbits are good at hiding. The ring makes them invisible.

Sauron was already a persuasive dictator, able to bend men's wills. The ring doubled that. Even without the ring, he was still able to put pressure on many people. Including the white wizard saruman.

Attached: Shrek1.jpg (262x402, 18K)

>Doom
>Pure

Attached: Jack-.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Yes, pure conviction

Attached: 1539644394321.jpg (449x447, 96K)

This late in the thread. Smh.

Steven Universe
Wander
Gregory from OTGW
Phillip J. Fry
Hilda

The Ring also does seem to GRANT some people power, though. Or else, how do you explain how Frodo seems to come close to wielding it in a powerful way when he places a curse on Gollum at Mount Doom?

Unless, I suppose you subscribe to the idea that his journey had made Frodo into a higher, greater being than he was at the start of it, and so as a result there was finally something there for the Ring to amplify.

Hank Hill's propane autism would prevent him from using it toward anything diabolical.
>satan trips
>rage monster donald
This does not bode well

Attached: 1543760199331.jpg (640x480, 21K)

Would Steven "redeem" Melkor?

The Ring is, to some extent sentient and wants to be wielded. Even if you poured cement or molten metal over it, some bullshit luckout would occur and the lump of material with be dropped/crack open and the ring spills out or something.

It requires someone willing to carry and abandon the ring in the volcano.

Wasn't the whole point of Frodo having the ring was because even if he did succumb to it, he would be less of a threat than virtually anyone else in the same position?

Attached: Stardust.jpg (1024x714, 286K)

Yeah, but when he claims the Ring for himself Sam has a vision of him as this powerful being wreathed in light and flame. He's clearly doing more with the Ring than simply becoming invisible, like he did all the times before.

The Ring makes anyone invisible

I hate how SU and MLP turned "redemption" into another form of power level bullshit

It was probably Steven who convinced Manwë to release Melkor from his first imprisonment.

We haven't seen anyone wear the ring other than hobbits (And, well, Sauron himself).
There's no proof of what you're saying.

Attached: Sportacus.exercise.jpg (580x402, 52K)

he'll throw it all away for a chance to prove he's better than Reed

Give him proof that Reed doesn’t have the willpower to destroy it.

touche

Isildur became invisible in the books

Invisibility is more a function of putting the wearer in the "unseen" spirit plane so it only makes "mortals" like humans and hobbits invisible since they're bound to the physical plane. Doesn't work on elves and Sauron and wizards since they're immortals who exist in both planes at once and doesn't work on dwarves since they're naturally buffed

Um. Does it expand to fit the wearer?

Attached: 6304385-dc7e49b385cff196f884d862d851f6db.jpg (1080x1349, 264K)

It makes people invisible because it pulls it's wielder into the unseen realm.
Quotes from the wiki:
>When a typical person put on the ring, he would be partly "shifted" out of the physical realm into the unseen realm, walking its threshold. A side effect (but usually the first effect noticed) of this was that it made the wearer invisible to physical beings like living men, but highly visible to other unseen beings like Ringwraiths.
>In all cases, a mortal wearing the Ring became invisible, except to anyone able to perceive the non-physical world, with only a thin, shaky shadow discernible in sunlight. Whether immortals would be made invisible by it is unknown, as the only immortal being who ever wore the Ring was Tom Bombadil, over whom the Ring had absolutely no power whatsoever. However, Bombadil appeared to have been unique in that regard, as both Gandalf and Saruman were susceptible to the Ring's influence, and Bombadil was anomalous in many other ways.

Tolkein Dwarves have weird clockwork souls, and the rings Sauron made for them wound up getting squirreled away in treasure vaults.

From this we can assume any character with some kind of artificial mind should be perfectly capable of carrying the one ring without much fuss. Kind of a Vision-lifting-mijolnir situation.

>Hobbits just seem to be particularly pure of heart as a race.
Mostly they're just small-minded. The Ring corrupts through the temptation of power, but Hobbits desire only peace and comfort, rather than the great things men do.

Conquest and dominion is too much a bother. You'd never find time for second breakfast!

I always did appreciate that Gimli was all "ok, sure, fuck all this shit" and tried to destroy the ring then and then in the film.

But like you said, odds are in the hands of a dwarf the ring may be just sealed away someplace which presents a different kind of liability.

Or the ring would still whisper to those in vicinity, promising great power to the one who liberates the ring. Or instruct Nazguls to retrieve it
Philip sure did resist The Dodecalicius pretty well.

Sam wanted taters and he wasn't effected by the ring

A post worthy of trips. Doom would give up the Ring out of pure spite, and then he'd laugh as Reed was driven mad by it, because that is exactly what would happen to Reed.

What I wanna see is what would happen if these two, particularly Max, got their hands on the one ring. Would it just get fed up with Max because he just keeps changing his mind on what he wants or is he just too insane to be corrupted by it?

Attached: Sam and Max Scalding Hot Beverage.jpg (1260x495, 263K)

pinky

Attached: 1qi26bdo4_250.gif (250x313, 2.33M)

Actually not a bad choice. Shrek is kind of like a filthy, bad tempered hobbit when we first meet him.

Jack is constantly tempted between using his skills to help others and ignoring them to focus on his goal. He frequently seeks out hidden sources of power he could use in his quest. He's exactly the sort of noble but proactive personality that the ring would corrupt.

The ring would be a downgrade compared to Stardust's normal powerset.

Hank and Dean Venture would do fine I think

Attached: 1538516924603.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Probably would use it as decoration for his garage. Like attaching it to a line switch.

You wanna know who would be able to wield its full power? How about Larfleeze?

Attached: Is there no end to the lengths Santa Claus will go to deceive me.png (1024x418, 704K)

That's so wholesome.

Essentially, they enjoy life as it was naturally made, and all it already has to offer. No need for more. Their little hearts are contented with family and food.

Not really. I doubt the ring could tempt them, but given how accident prone and stupid they can be, something would go horrendously wrong with the ring in their possession.

>he wasn't affected
Sam was tempted but the temptation wasn't strong enough because he's a simple man and he only had the thing for like 20 minutes.

Steve Rogers
Clark Kent
Anyone who's been long-term host to Nabu

He had enough will to initially reject it. If he had it on him for as long as Frodo did, he'd be just as broken by it, or at least on his way there.

Ultimately, nobody can resist the ring forever. It'll find a way to worm into your darkest impulses and drive you to terrible acts.

Gandalf knew this, which was why he was terrified when Frodo told him to take the ring. He knew that he could do amazing things with it, but eventually it would turn him into a monster, as it does everyone eventually.

And I mean, the guy only held it for at most a few hours and was already experiencing full-on hallucinations by the time he had to hand it back to Frodo. He may of been able to resist but he was just as tempted as everyone else was.

Pretty much the only right answer in this thread

Remember, even Frodo was eventually corrupted by it, and there wasn't any indication he wanted for anything.

Attached: wander.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>has fought his mother, his teachers, his counselors, the law, Sega, Nintendo, the trolls, his genitals, his sexuality
>Who is powerful enough
Who indeed...

Attached: don't call anybody.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

That's the funny thing about Hobbits. You can learn all about their ways in just a month and yet after 100 years they can still surprise you.

Could Star fully resist the one ring?

Attached: DFAEE9D7-BC07-4084-ACB8-D78309B4FBD2.png (414x351, 158K)

Wander went nuts over a box

No

Attached: Evil Star Butterfly.png (959x950, 801K)

Attached: Sanshobo.jpg (384x384, 40K)

When is the new issue out? The IDW website just says this month

Sam wanted three things- To go back home, tend his garden, and to fuck Rose Cotton until her hairy toes curled.
The Ring could help with none of that, and in fact was the main thing standing in the way of his goals.
So he helped Frodo take it to the Crack of Doom, then he went home 13 children with Rose.
He didn't need an army of slaves to tend his gardens. He needed a family.

Corrupted Star is too good for this world

If it had been on him for a long enough period of time, it might have tried to corrupt him by saying the ring would be a nice gift to woo Rose. Or else it would have just broken his spirit in other ways, like it did Frodo.

It's corruption is inevitable. Hobbits, being simpled minded folk, just are more resistant to it

Which is why Sam, being even more humble than Frodo and only holding it for a few hours at most, was able to say "fuck that noise, into the fire with you".

Melkor was an autistic archangel who was hyper aware of his position in creation, but wanted more and because he couldn’t he sought to sully creation. He’d backstab him and put a Hurin on him.

No, they’re children by adoption. Aule made them, but Eru breathes life into them. They were resistant against the rings because Aule made them that way and Sauron was subservient to Aule.

Attached: 1515368806351.jpg (687x1117, 531K)

I just finished reading Two Towers for the first time today, and man oh man the part where Sam goes full hero mode and takes the ring fucking got me. I don't have anything to add to this thread I'm just loving these books so much and want to spread that around. can't fucking wait to get out of work tomorrow and start RotK.

And gossip and meaninglessly shittalking anyone different. They're not all Samwises, there's plenty of bitchy suburban housewives like the Sackville-Bagginses.
Also they love their pipeweed.

Pops is pretty Tom Bombadil-esque.

IIRC, his Garten and the Shire is how the ring tried to corrupt Sam. It gave him a vision about making the Shire green and waging war, planting gardens and trees wherever his army went. Like a reverse Sherman.

Which lines up with what Gandalf said, something like 'I would no doubt take it for good intentions, but it would irrevocably turn me evil. Even if I did defeat Sauron with it, I should become another just like him." Even Boromir was corrupted without even taking it, because he wanted to use it to defend Gondor.

Bobby's too apathetic to go to Mordor on his own but he'd be fine with the ring. DO NOT LET PEGGY GET THE RING

Attached: Bobby-Hill-king-of-the-hill-42119583-352-370.gif (352x370, 1.78M)

Imagine the ring trying to corrupt a hobbit, a hobbit like sam.
>I can give you anything you so desire
I'd like a garden
> imagine, two, three gardens. The world your garden!
That's not of work!
>Slaves would work under your rule
But I like getting my hands dirty, the soil between my toes. The fresh air working late as the sun goes down on harvest moon. I'd lose so much.
>Two gardens then
Nah. A garden.
>you're no fun.

>giving a jew the ring

Based user, you're in for a treat. ROTK is possibly the best book. Wait until you get to Minas Tirith, shit is wild. Also, book Denethor is vastly superior to movie Denethor, as you'll find out.

Attached: minas-tirith-image-001.jpg (782x604, 191K)

True enough, but they at heart like family livin and part of that is talking about your neighbors, kids and neighbors kids.

He'd redeem Sauron.

>"Mi llama es Peggy, y yo onions Dio!"

Attached: 2332523535235.jpg (617x456, 101K)

I remember thinking movie Denethor seemed oddly rushed, which is weird considering I watched the extended editions. Im looking forward to it, so far the books have been even better than the movies in most ways. The only thing I think I'd say the movies definitely improved on so far is Boromir's death.

Went nuts, but never opened it. If someone told him to grow drop it in Mount Doom, he'd probably do it... unless Sauron said he lost it, and then Wander would just give it back.

better than giving it to a heartless sociopathic wh*toid
but in the end, no human can resist the ring so it's a mute point.

One of the things I really loved about the books, having reread them recently, is the degree of interaction among all the members of the Fellowship. The movies don't really have the time or the space to capture this, but over the course of the three books all of the Fellowship gets a pretty decent interaction with each other. The movies break them up into bunches: Merry and Pippin, Aragorn/Legolas/Gimil, Boromir and Aragorn, Frodo and Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli, etc.. These divisions are also present in the books, but Tolkien loves to escape them even as he sets them up, so you'll have great scenes like the one in the wreckage of Isengard where Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Merry, and Pippin are all chilling and talking equally amongst themselves. The Fellowship all really feel like a gang of friends, who have grown closer after everything they've endured.

Attached: LOTR.png (1414x588, 1.29M)

>THAT'S MY RING! I DON'T KNOW YOU!
>OOF! Right in the nazgunads!

Jaime Reyes would be a good candidate, methinks. We've already canonically seen what happens when his fantasy of ultimate power is given form.

Attached: RacerX-BB16-p17.jpg (1280x1920, 393K)

Attached: RacerX-BB16-p18.jpg (1280x1920, 459K)

>in the books the whole fellowship feel like friends
>in the movies all the actors(except john rhys-davies) become friends instead
Wholesome.

Also, Batman and Gohan during the Buu saga.

Attached: 1559156677483.png (480x320, 132K)

Bro, RotK is full of awesome shit that didn't make it in the movie. If you enjoy the books so far just realize you're about to reach the climax of everything in RotK.

what if one put the ring on his penor

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Attached: spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-34425372-2000-1873.jpg (2000x1873, 382K)

>I DON'T NEED IT
>I DON'T NEED IT
>I DON'T NEED IT
>...

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Think Tolkien said Gandalf wielding the ring would be far worse, simply because of the corruption of good intentions, compared to Sauron, who he implies in the letter, is out and out evil.

If Superman was given the Ring in Rivendell and just blitzed to Mount Doom, would he be corrupted before he could just shove his hand in the lava?

One of those horses for A, Rolf for B.

yes

Batman

Ii know Ash is far from pure, I'd just like to see him struggle with it and get mouthy at the Council of Elrond.

Attached: williams_ashley_j.jpg (300x400, 37K)

>Which characters of Yea Forums are pure enough to carry the one ring and not succumb to it's corruption?
>
>and which are powerful enough to wield it's full power?

Both.

Attached: little prince.png (1900x700, 1.01M)

Mary Poppins. She wouldn't even be tempted to use it, she'd just put it in her bag and forget about "the trinket".

What did you just call me you little shit-skinned psychopath?

then there's really only one, huh?

Attached: source.gif (500x271, 913K)

>what this turns people invisible?
>where were you when I farted at todd's wedding?

Attached: image.jpg (653x367, 41K)

>then and then
Yeah, Gimli was a real diamond dozen.

>diamond dozen.
user, don't you mean dime a dozen?

Christ, there really was no end to Bombadil's bullshit was there?

People have become corrupted at the mere suggestion that they might be able to get their hands on it, however briefly. He's fucked.

Cookie Monster.

youtu.be/GxCplsdCwxY

Attached: cm-p022-sst.jpg (2700x1800, 604K)

The hell they are. Hobbits can be pieces of corrupted shit as well as evidenced by the last part of the third book.

>yo onions Dio
Spanish speakers sure got the shaft with that censure.

Attached: 1554740997795.png (323x320, 34K)

I don't like his presence either, but at least he was --generally speaking-- kept as an outside observer. He saves the hobbits from the Barrows, they have a nice coffee break or whatever and chat, leave, and have a repeat near the end of the adventure.

It sure would have sucked royal if he had swooped into the narrative any further and used his bullshit powers to fix real problems.

Max would call it girly bullshit and pants any Nazgul that came to retrieve it. Sam actually would be corrupted by it but he'd be too busy making a big, corny show out of it to ever actually do anything. He'd then promptly toss it for a fudgsicle

Batman and Batman, because apparently Batman is literally everything now.

Trips of truth.

Partly because she realized that magic taters would be worse than honestly grown taters.

Oh dear god

Nah cause I'd use the invisibility to sneak into women locker rooms then furiously masturbate but remove it right before I'm about to cum so they'll all see then put it back on as I get away from the police.

I always thought Bombadill was the embodiment of the forest. That's why he used to roam a larger area when his forest covered more of the continent, why he's fucking a water nymph, and why his powers are useless outside "his domain" but inside it he's OP. I never thought it was bullshit because of that.

He'd fucking eat that ring

Merlin is not a Yea Forums character but he is so pure especially at the beginning.

Attached: ladda ned (9).jpg (1600x1067, 173K)

>Merlin
>the guy who fucked himself over from lusting over Nimue
>pure enough to handle the ring
Either they fucked with the fundamentals of the character for that show, or he's only pure enough in your head.

>Larfleeze puts the ring on.
>Nothing happens because his sheer greed outscales it.

Beautiful. This is the kind of shit I came here to see.

Given enough time, the Ring could have corrupted Sam as well. It was the short period of exposure that prevented it.

Superman is pure enough
Lex could use it

Captain Marvel (DC), before nu52.
Kamala

That's not how it works.
Why do I see this shit everywhere? I doesn't make Hobbits invisible because they're good hiders, it makes everyone invisible.

Courage, Iroh, Optimus Prime and Captain America are prime candidates.

Would green lanterns be immune or highly resistant to the one ring? I've never been clear on how willpower factors into resisting it.

Its inconsistent.

The gl ring itself used to protect from mental attacks. But that idea has been abandoned it seems, and people like Despero can snatch Hal's mind easily. GL has resisted other forms of control once aware of them.

Attached: Olaf_from_Disney's_Frozen[1].png (220x453, 90K)