How would he fare in the DC or Marvel universe Yea Forums?

Attached: death-note-anime.jpg (880x312, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=108113988
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What’s this guy do?

He'd probably kill a few people before someone like The Spectre found him and dispensed karmic justice on his ass.

>Yea Forums is of Yea Forums origin
Fuck off, faggot. No it's not!

Light isn’t anywhere near as smart as the DC heavy-hitters. He’s good, but not that good. His notebook isn’t too out of the ordinary either. He’d probably kill one or two justice league members before Superman overheard him laughing insanely and chucked him in jail. That, or Batman would just Batman him.

either batman or superman antagonist
he would kill thousands of people and threaten to kill all the world leaders before geting his ass handed and riuk writes his name

how would karmic justice work on someone who killed murderers?

Has a magical notebook given to him by a death god that can kill people anyway he likes so long as he writes their name.

Depends on how many characters have public names, and whether or not he can only target 100% humans

Okay then, break his hands. Done

With the intent of becoming god of the new world? Pretty sure that’s a bad thing.

He can kill Tony, Bruce, Cap amd maybe Thor since everyone knows their name.

I imagine John Constantine would discover the fuckery going around, after witnessing Kira's kills in action he'd deduce a shinigami's death note has fallen into human hands.

Would Spectre by association kill Misa too?

he'd kill a few, but writers keep bringing the characters back. eventually, he gets bored and gives up.

He also has his batshit insane girlfriend/fiancee do the dirty work for him too. You'd imagine if Light broke his hands he's just give names to her to write down.

DC every hero is immune because secret identities, Marvel everyone is dead, everyone.

Also have him be a Batman villain eventually he finds out Batman's name but it doesn't kill him because Batman is Batman not Bruce Wayne

Break her hands. Done. Take a shit on the book, no one will touch it after that

Almost certainly, yes.

He'd have to probably work to find Superman's real name, he'd be gobsmacked when he writes Clark Kent in the death note and Clark Kent is still alive.

But he isn’t human, he’s a kryptonian.

even if he found it he'd have to learn how to read Kryptonian

Charles.
Victor.
Zsasz.

I think DD and Spiderman would still be alive if Light doesn't figure their secret identies but they wouldn't know where to look since he's in Japan and not America

neither of them are good at concealing their secret identities

There's a Heaven and Hell in the DCU, I'd imagine after Spectre kills Light he's going to Hell, same with Misa.

Light's punishment in Hell is to act out a sort of married couple sitcom scenaio with Misa, for all eternity to every demon's entertainment.

Who the fuck keeps making these thread and why. We've always had threads like this but there is a marked uptick in the last month or two what the fuck
He gains the attention of something magical far FAR beyond his comprehension be it Dr. Strange/Fate or one of the many cosmic/demonic forces that would tear his soul apart

But what if he writes your name before you can break his hands?

>Thor's name is just Thor
>Light can just google the nordic pantheon and kill everyone in Valhalla all at once

Get a mob, can’t write a bunch of strangers names

well now I need someone to draw Light and Misa as Al and Peggy on Married with Children

Exactly, its a simple win but Light's not stupid...well, not too too stupid, guy's Batman levels of paranoid and looks at everyone who isn't of some use to him as the enemy.

He'd be able to kill Captain Atom and only him because everyone knows his real name for DC. Light can pretty much kill everyone in Marvel because secret identities aren't much of a thing and no one would know where to look.

I forgot where but I distinctly remember that when Bruce is in Batman mode he's technically not Bruce anymore. If light finds out who Batmans Identity is it would be really fun to see the Death Note not work.
Oh yeah, The Spectre is a fucking dick that gets most people killed by association.

Attached: A void (2).jpg (400x983, 128K)

turns out the death note only kills a personality, batman has many

He stopped exclusively killing killers pretty damn early into the series. Though honestly, the Spectre is taking a tank to a knifefight, Light would be a bad guy of the week.

Horribly. Theres thousands of mind readers

Face Yea Forums, Light will lose, but many of your heroes and villains will die. You don't see Fate and the Specter going after and killing every badguy. You all are just twerking the rules because of your bias. That is like you saying Batman can beat Stardust.

Someone in this thread mentioned Constantine and yeah, he'd probably put 2 and 2 together pretty quickly, especially if he gets a surprise visit from L's ghost.

So what if they die? They’ll be back in a year

Only because Death is shit at her job. YHVH should fire her.

Tbf Spectre is being restrained by Jim most of the time to prevent armageddon. Dr. Fate also had to deal with Nabu and his shit.

>Light starts using the notebook
>he starts in Bludhaven
>certain villains and regular criminals start dying
>he gets a little cocky
>gets the attention of Batman
>he does everything he can to avoid Batman
>he gets found out by Luthor
>Luthor steals the book and starts using it himself

He gets kidnapped and forced to go on adventures with Black Hand

Why not just burn the book?

Why hasn't anyone created something like a deathnote in Marvel or DC. It is like evil don't want to win. Stop trying to punch everything and your brains. Evil should not be afraid to play dirty, it is evil!

Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot...also, I doubt anyone wants to deal with Ryuk's shit for any extended period of time.

Dreamstone and Cosmic Cubes are way more bullshit than Death Note.

>Luthor decides to write Superman's name down
>Doesn't know who Superman is
>Goes through the whole schtick of finding his true identity
>Clark Kent
>Refuses to humor this, doesn't even attempt to write Clark's name in the book because it offends him so
>Even makes the bargain for Eyes of a Death God
>Clark Kent
>Still refuses, and lashes out that it's a trick and he got a bad deal
>Spitefully refuses to use the Death Note and goes the rest of his days with it locked away

sounds right

>Ryuk just does not know what to do since Lex is wasting what remains of his life.
>Light meanwhile stays with LexCorp because its his Death Note.
>Eventually decides Lex is a tool, and figures he'll steal the note back from him.

Joker steals it but don't use it, because let's face it, where is the fun in that.

Could Deadman possess Light and make him kill himself?

He could but he wouldn't know where to look since a heart attack could be explained by anything in the DC universe like a disease or Darkseid did it.

That would probably be the best scenario/story for him, Light vs Batman, which would honestly just turn into Light vs L with a superhero instead.. If the spectre got a hold of him he would be a single issue antagonist.

Just use a robot or something without a physical heart on him

>If the spectre got a hold of him he would be a single issue antagonist.

There is a lot of those. I remember that time a priest became a cross between He-Man and an Angel or that Pirate Captain that reincarnated as a CEO and uses the term “wage-slave”.

Ostranders run was so good for that, I'm pretty sure he said he was gonna be good to keep going, it's just that DC told him they were cancelling the book. Most modern writers can't even think up cool villains to take up multiple issue arcs, let alone using them one and done like he did.

Dark Yagami > Light Yagami

Attached: dark_yagami_tricked_by_l_by_bairinde_d4blqvm-fullview.png (900x599, 473K)

How would Light deal with telepaths? I mean we got Jean, Professor X and Martian Manhunter.
I honestly think a guy like Light would be something he would come up with.

He fits very well as a Batman villain. I wrote a Batman vs. Light story once and it was very fun. They're just natural rivals. I read a ton of Light vs. Batman fanfiction to see what was out there. Most of it has trouble motivating Yagami to kill Batman. Kira would be on Batman's radar, but I can't see Batman being on Light's. Unlike with L who grandstands and says he'll kill Kira, Batman works in the shadows. I had to think pretty hard on that.

In a shared universe, it's not as fun to do. it gets weird with aliens and shit. Light vs. Superman is boring. What's the fun in it? Flash? Eh. Green Lantern? Eh. The entire point of a story with Light Yagami and the Death Note is to do a cat and mouse game. With many heroes, the character doesn't work as effectively.

>Guy who needs the person's name to kill then in a world of people with secret identities

Attached: 1553897263345.jpg (430x534, 56K)

Power levels and secret identities aside, the Death Note rules specifically say "the human whose name is written will die". So Light can't do shit to most capes, not even weak muties like Nightcrawler
With that said he'd make a fairly based Spidey, Punisher, Batman or (maybe) Flash villain depending on how he's written.

Attached: green-alnterns-social_1.jpg (900x470, 99K)

Cut his hand off with green scissors

Xavier and Jean are the easiest to kill because they say their names on TV all the time.
>My name is Charles Xavier and -AUGGGGGGHHHHH

James Logan Howlett.

Heart attacks aren't the only way Light kills people, when he wants to be particularly vicious he'll write up a pretty sadistic scenario or something extravagant when he wants to wave his ego or cock at the world.

Death Note is a pretty good setup for a Hellblazer story.
>The Family Man with Light and John tracking down TFM

I was thinking more that show John Ritter was in before he died.
Both ironically have Katey Sagal.

I mean the guy also uses it to kill several people whose only crime is having tried to stop him from murdering people.

Joker would use it to kill every Robin, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara, Catwoman, etc. but leave Bruce alive.

Coming at this primarily thinking DC.
>The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
Metagene/Mutants and Aliens will be unaffected. This is a species targeted weapon and I don’t think it was ever shown to work on animals.
>This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
Masks are a good thing, but Imagining Bruce Wayne’s Face while writing Bruce Wayne won’t really work. Would writing Batman require imagining the cowled face of fear or his unmasked face?
>If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
>If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
>After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
I think Light vs Barry Allen would be pretty great. Especially from a detective story position. The Rogues are high profile super crooks.

Oh shit, is The Joker immune to this? Curious.

Also. John Constantine, The Spectre, Phantom Stranger, and Doctor Fate might come down on this like an angry hammer. To avoid this shit drawing the Black Racer’s or other Cosmic Psychopomps from kicking up a fuss.

Also, SHE might get Peeved.

Attached: B0A3F5C3-887B-4459-AF6E-4C9CF9A33CE1.jpg (480x730, 89K)

REeEeeeeeEeEee Barry Allen’s not a detective!!1!!1

He’d make a decent street level antagonist, but he wouldn’t last long. DC and Marvel magic users could track how he does his murders with something like a tracking spell that picks up supernatural forces. A ton of DC and Marvel heroes aren’t even human, so the Death Note wouldn’t work on them. Hell, some can’t even fucking die. I can imagine someone like Batman or Spider-Man having trouble tracking him down, but the moment you get someone like Dr. Strange, Elsa Bloodstone, Zatanna or Constantine involved, Light is fucked.

Sorry. He’s a Police Scientist/CSI

Batman would find him

I don’t give a shit. Batman himself has wondered who’s the better detective between them. Superman called him one of the world’s greatest detectives and Wally said he was the greatest CSI to ever live.

One of whom was a very sexy ex-FBI agent who happens to be my waifu.

>Death storms into the room, furious.
"WHERE IS HE!? WHERE THE FUCK IS RYUK!?"
>Ryuk tales it, she takes the DN from Light.
"The amount of shit I'VE GOTTA FIX BECAUSE SOMEONE GOT BORED!"

If I recall right, there's a heaven and hell in the DN universe too, it's just that when you use a DN your soul gets nuked from existence after you die instead of going to either.

I believe they stated its more like a Purgatory type deal no matter what kind of person you were in life.
Though given the unidentified/unnamed Shinigami, maybe Light wasn't entirely nuked from existence.

Naomi? Yeah she was pretty bangin' shame Light didn't try to tempt her to darkness. She'd be a much better accomplice than Misa.

He's screwed against MMH, Zatanna, and other magic based heroes. Hell, Fate would probably sense something is greatly wrong.

I would imagine that a super deathnote would exist in the Marvel or DC universe. There is the one used on mortals, and higher deathgods that use ones on brings like Superman, Darksied, etc.

Attached: 168C46C7-2F03-416F-B523-12644B7E3DE3.png (838x358, 103K)

Zatanna is a famous stage performer

She’s dead

I could see this, as many will say "the dail goes up to eleven".

well, there are many heroes who still keep their identities a secret. light wouldn't be able to track all their names down before they find out it was him. He might be able to kill many of heroes whose names are known I guess.

But Light wouldn't be aware of the fact she's also an insanely powerful sorceress, she'd probably keep her digging into his murders a secret before she takes any stance on Kira.

How would Dark Yagami fare?

Attached: DarkYagamiBad.jpg (353x349, 25K)

The thing is that as soon as like 5 heroes are off then the big guns are going to go into play and then things ends fairly quickly

I wanna see Light vs Constantine

>Marvel
He'd do gangbusters
>DC
He'd be fucked.

She'd probably be less shrieking in fury, and more nightmarishly saccharine whilst disguising a fury greater than worlds.

Fuck not with Death.

Need it be said again? Dr. Fate, more specifically Nabu would flay Light's mind to pieces after finding the death note in his possession.

why is 99 percent of Yea Forums media garbage?

>break his hands.
he doesnt have to write with his hands.
he could use anything.

Break his feet too

Anywhere from 95% to 100% of the time a "what if a non Yea Forums related thing was a Yea Forums related thing" thread is created, it's for the sole purpose of discussing things that are neither comics, nor cartoons.
Yea Forums is not a refugee board.
Go back to Everyone else, report the OP for breaking >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=108113988

/thread

This would be interesting. I always wanted a HellBlazer/Death Note crossover on a death battle site or a good fan site.

Isn't announcing a report or telling others to report also some form of rule violation?

She’s not mad, just disappointed

Yes, yes it is.
I hate him and this general equally.

IIRC it turns out there never was a heaven or hell anyway, humans just disappear when they die regardless and it's written in the book with that wording to discourage people from playing with lost Death Notes.

Although in the manga alternate ending, IIRC when you die as a death note user, you first experience every death you inflicted with the Note, then you disappear.

>In DC
>Holding an audience with Death of the Endless just to ask if you can use her like it's a game.
That's a good way to go to Hell early, user.

>Characters who read millions of minds in seconds
>Can also cause aneurysm
>Dies
Uhhhh.... not well

Martian Manhunter would be the hardest to deal with. Even if the notebook can work on aliens, Light would still need J'onn's name in Martian text. Every time he's killed a non-Japanese person, Light has needed to write the name in their native language.