Completely changes Thanos core motivation

>completely changes Thanos core motivation
>Yea Forums doesn’t give a fuck

Why do you guys pretend to care about being accurate to the comics when you clearly don’t give a shit

Attached: 44B4DFFF-9EEA-4697-9261-DB7794ADA6EA.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0AnsiWLpqtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you just go back to defending Zack Snyder's vision? Please?

Attached: MarthaBvS.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Execution matters above source material. You could say the same about tons of well regarded CBMs but as long as the execution works, nobody cares

The execution was shit. His plan made no sense.

>the mad titan
Are you implying his original plan to woo Death made any sense?

His plan was to gather 6 magic rocks and he gathered the 6 magic rocks in one movie. You're a fag.

>Why do you guys pretend to care about being accurate to the comics
Nobody cares about that. People havent cared since like Iron Man 2.

>”Hey, let me tell you about this movie called Avengers: Endgame!”
>”Ok”
>”It’s about a group of superheroes consisting of super soldiers, metal men, talking raccoons, and so on....”
>”Uh huh”
>They have to time travel to stop Thanos, a purple spaceman”
>”Makes sense”
>Thanos wants to gather all the Infinity Stones, color coded god rocks, and use them to destroy the universe”
>”Fascinating”
>”Also he’s in love with the personification of Death”
“WOAH WOAH WOAH THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!”

-Had plan to save planet by killing half it's populace
-Called a madman and nobody listens
-Planet dies. As a survivor thinks "why didn't they listen?"
-Decides to save universe by collecting space rocks and executing plan he initially believed would work in the first place on universe scale
-Does it

He's called the mad titan, not the "let's think this out" titan

Because the original motivation is retarded, he's LITERALLY a beta orbiting waifuist friendzoned incel cuck in the comics.
He was re-enacting the trauma of what happened to his home planet on other planets while intellectualizing these urges to himself like a lot of violent criminals do in real life, sorry it's too deep for you.

They haven't cared since Spider-Man 1. That's why there's still a debate about organic vs. webshooters to this day.

Its like people dont care if the movie is actually good.

Some changes that deviate from the comics are worse, and we get mad at them for ruining something that was RIGHT THERE and all they had to do was portray things accurately.

But not all changes are bad. Some are improvements, or make more sense than the original would in the context of the adaptation.

Think Civil War. Despite having name recognition, the original Civil War event was AWFUL, full of really dumb shit. The Captain America movie of the same name changed a lot of what it was about, but in doing so made a conflict that made perfect sense in context (being an extension of the failings and betrayals of both Steve and Tony's across the last few movies, from Starks guilt over Ultron to Cap's experiences with authority being corrupted from within) and was overall a better story than the comics arc ever was.

Thanos's original motivation for the snap was dumb. It was weird and unusual and novel, but it was still kinda dumb. But more importantly it was based on characters and concepts that the movies had no invested in, and introducing all of that baggage at such a late stage would have been incredibly jarring and made him seem like a two-dimensional saturday morning cartoon villain.

What the MCU did instead was to make him an extreme reflection of the same themes of 'the hero's burden' that has been Tony Stark's entire character arc, and thematically directly contrary to the emotional growth of every single main character in the MCU. And the end result was unambiguously a pop culture success in a way that its hard to imagine a more 'accurate' version ever could have been.

>changes are bad

>he's LITERALLY a beta orbiting waifuist friendzoned incel cuck in the comics
So literally the average male MCU fan

Attached: deadpool_vs._thanos_vol_1_1_lim_variant.jpg (1170x1017, 470K)

Raimi was right. Spiderman should have always shot web as a superpower.

I, for one, never gave a shit about Diet Darkseid, because he was Diet Darkseid. Granted, I also didn't (hell, still don't) give a shit about the MCU.

Remember when people said this was the best part of the Daredevil movie? If it's good, it's good, comics accuracy comes second to making good movies.

Attached: file.png (650x365, 405K)

Retard if there's a debate that means people care.

They used the mechanical webshooters as a narrative tool. Since they didn't have a lot of time to introduce Peter in Civil War, they had to be economical about how to show what he's like. So, you want people to know that Peter is smart? Show that he made a technilogical marvel that impressed even Tony Stark.

I think they meant to use the fact that there are organic web advocates to show that people as a whole aren't married to the source material.

What I'm saying is that the fact that there are people who care about organic when it was never comic-accurate indicates that as long as people can get attached to it, it takes preference over accuracy. See as a perfect example.

Keaton Vulture basically resembles comic Vulture solely on a "he steals things in a bird outfit" level and everything else about him is totally different, yet everyone loved him. Hell, look at fucking 1989 Batman and how different a lot of that is from the source material

Attached: spider-man-homecoming-keaton.jpg (984x518, 23K)

Then he's wrong.

>Why do you guys pretend to care about being accurate to the comics
I never did. The comics have spent decades doubling back up their own asses over so much shit. Plus they've been showing us since Iron Man that the movies aren't the comics, anyone who doesn't understand that is being outsmarted by movies made for kids. Nobody's asking you to be stupid if you believe otherwise.

>Yea Forums is one person or only has one opinion

If people cared about accuracy to the comics, X-Men 1 would have never been a success and the comic book movie boom wouldn't have happened

The boom started in 2008 with the success of the comic accurate Iron Man. That’s when companies started to take comic fans seriously.

well fuck off then

No idiot, Iron Man is where the Hollywood takeover of franchises and cinematic universes started, the boom itself was X-Men and Spider-Man when we started seeing new superhero movies practically every year

>Plus they've been showing us since Iron Man that the movies aren't the comics
Yeah, let's not forget this little number.
Tony wholesale abandoning the concept of a secret identity was one of the things that really set the tone for the MCU and distanced Iron Man from other comic book movies. It made it immediately obvious they weren't interested in beleaguering the same easy story beats that "the hero balances their hero and social life while trying to maintain their secret identity" brings, and let them make much fresher stories about superheroes because of it. Along with shaping Tony around RDJ's performance, Tony Stark embracing and even flaunting the Iron Man persona is part of what propelled the character of Iron Man into stardom among the public consciousness.

Imagine Tony getting anywhere near where he ended up still having to play the "bodyguard" card.

Attached: original[1].gif (540x230, 2.75M)

>>Yea Forums doesn’t give a fuck
Yea Forums, or at least a vocal segment of Yea Forums, absolutely did in the leadup to the movie's release. Then it came out and everyone realized it was actually good.

>the comic accurate Iron Man
Except even then they took a lot of liberties.
Business partner Stane
AI Jarvis
I am Iron Man
Tony being pretty much RDJ winging it

Planet earth was triving without so many humans

We've been over this and you're choosing not to make sense of it.

Attached: why thanos didnt create infinite resources.jpg (450x600, 74K)

>ITS NOT A STRAIGHT ADAPTION MAN!

Because of this bullshit. When you give Hollywood an inch, it takes a light year. They proved they have literal zero interest in understanding their source material beyond "it's familiar enough with audiences to guarantee a viewing"... That's it. It's practically a scam. It's false advertising. It's deceitful.

But people are too shallow to care or something. I refuse to give Hollywood any more money or attention over it. They've had plenty of chance to read the source material, understand why it was liked and adapt that. Not take the source material, gut the substance and wear the skin on some unrelated project that's taking into account the opinions of people who don't like the source material or care about it.

Daily reminder "NOBODY CARES" mean "I DONT CARE BUT IM PRETENDING TO BE PART OF SOME SUPER SMARY MAJORITY THATS ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO PEER PRESSURE"

You can't prove people don't care when we have these fucking threads.

Attached: thanos-lady-death-700x357.jpg (700x357, 77K)

This. They can do whatever they want, the audience eats it up. There is ulterior motives involved in all their character changes they don't want to be honest about.

Attached: a fact alone does not justify a course of action.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Remember that time where basically everything positive Yea Forums had to say about a certain movie could be summed up as "it wasn't comics accurate"?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.56M)

That's because those people don't read the comics. Look how mad GoT fans get about things not being like the books, the show made them go read those books and THEN see differences AND THEN get upset.

Anyone who isn't upset is a lazy illiterate normie who just likes Hollywood.

That's because every change they made from the books was a strict downgrade. The same can't always be said about the MCU. Why would I ever be angry that we didn't get comics accurate Vulture when we got such a stand out rendition by Keaton instead?

>You can't prove people don't care when we have these fucking threads.
I can because some guys on Yea Forums doesn't reflect reality

So you've been upset for like 30 years?

Jim Starlin said he agreed with the decision and that it was a decent adaptation

Thanos doesn't give a fuck either. He could kill all universe, and create a new. But it would be too boring.

So you don't exist? I mean if you posting on the internet, some guy on Yea Forums, isn't "reality"... Then you don't exist?

That's a stupid phrase for a stupid argument user. You're saying "normie social conformists matter the most to me!"

Because fuck whoever wrote those other versions of vulture right? Fuck those artists who drew him write? Fuck those inkers who inked him right? Fuck those writers who wrote him right? Fuck the letterers who put down his words on paper right?

Yeah fuck all those people, only Hollywood can make things good enough for you.

Yup.

Starlin also pointed out that he himself had written this.

Attached: file.png (602x916, 1.52M)

He's afraid of rocking the boat by making too much of a big deal about them disrespecting the hell out him. Just like Mark Hamill was "okay" with Luke dying right? With tears in his eyes as he was saying it..

>Because fuck whoever wrote those other versions of vulture right?

>other versions
>plural
So which one gets to be the real Vulture that we have to respect then? And nobody else can ever write a new one? What makes it any different when a screenwriter makes a new pitch for a character than when a comics writer does it? What makes the work of the costume designer and the art department less valid than artists and inkers? And the actor translating that script to action is worthless in the face of letterers?

I didn't know you were a telepath.
Tell me if you spot tears in his eyes anywhere in:
>youtube.com/watch?v=0AnsiWLpqtI

>Just like Mark Hamill was "okay" with Luke dying right? With tears in his eyes as he was saying it..
God you fucking Star Wars nerds are primadonna assbabies.

>Because fuck whoever wrote those other versions of vulture right? Fuck those artists who drew him write? Fuck those inkers who inked him right? Fuck those writers who wrote him right? Fuck the letterers who put down his words on paper right?
>Yeah fuck all those people, only Hollywood can make things good enough for you.

Wouldn't all of that stuff you are making a big deal about still be true even if the movie adaptation was magically 100% accurate? Accurate to comics characters in accurate to comics storylines are still replacing all of that work.

Indeed, all of that still holds true (with the exception of the Hollywood mention) every time someone else writes a new Vulture story or the universe gets rebooted again for the 11th time. Even comics don't respect the legacy of comics, man.

Attached: Thinking Alchemist.png (213x207, 57K)

>Because fuck whoever wrote those other versions of vulture right? Fuck those artists who drew him write? Fuck those inkers who inked him right? Fuck those writers who wrote him right? Fuck the letterers who put down his words on paper right?

I think you need to chill out. You’re making an issue out of nothing.

>>other versions
>plural

Do you not read comics enough to understand the changing of creative teams? It's a collaborative effort over time.

>So which one gets to be the real Vulture that we have to respect then?

Publication order first.

>nd nobody else can ever write a new one?

Only if they're officially continuing the old one. The "new" one isn't the same character when you change literally everything about them but the popular-selling name.

>What makes it any different when a screenwriter makes a new pitch for a character than when a comics writer does it?

A screenwriter is a parasite looking to "adapt" aka "leech and mooch" off the success of another medium's art. The screen writer should *gasp* come up with something original in it's own medium instead of mooching off another creative persons work.

> What makes the work of the costume designer and the art department less valid than artists and inkers?

Well lets see, they start off with SOMEONE ELSES WORK and immediately decide it's not "good enough" and need to change it to cater THEIR OWN values.

Nothing about those people are valid at all.

>And the actor translating that script to action is worthless in the face of letterers?

Yes. The actor is only exists as a sexual conduit for the audience to like because it enjoys looking at them.

Okay, so you're a nutter.

Making money by making the villain seem sympathetic and not pathetic?

I was talking about Hamill not Sterling. Apparently you think humans are incapable lying to save face.

>Marvel wants to adapt character X to a movie
>REEEE DONUT STEEL IS JACK KIRBYS BABY! SCREENWRITERS DO NOT TOUCH HES SPECIAL AND CAN NOT BE REINTERPRETED IN ANYWAY!

You’re making it sound like no one should make movies, TV shows, or video games based on anything that already exists because it’s stealing credit from the creators. Which is pretty retarded since creators are almost always involved in the movie/tv/video game creation process for consulting and references purposes to respect the source material.

You sound like you don’t get out much dude. How about you take a break from the internet?

This post is exactly why they don't care about catering too much to purists

I'm aware of what you were talking about, I'm saying you were trying to draw a parallel between someone visibly distraught to someone who actually seems quite jovial, and challenging you to point out where it is you became so confident in Starlin's obvious seething rage over being "disrespected". You're acting as if just the fact that Hamill had problems with the way the story went should be proof that every other individual invested in their work has to be upset about every change any adaptation makes.

Apparently you think humans are so prideful that they resent any idea that isn't 100% beholden to them.

>Man goes into new cheeseburger restaurant to order lunch.

>Man studies menu of cheeseburgers,

>Selects Cheeseburger he wants, orders it

>Waitress delivers his order

>It's lasagna, it's not a cheeseburger.

>Man is confused and upset, asks where his cheeseburger is.

>Waitress explains, "It has meat and cheese... so that's a cheeseburger!"

>Yea Forums screams at the other side of the restaurant

>"IT"S NOT A STRAIGHT ADAPTION OF THE MENU! ITS A CHEFS INTERPRETATION OF YOUR ORDER!"

Attached: disniggaforreal.jpg (250x250, 39K)

>Sterling
Wow, comics accuracy autist can't even be accurate to how someone's name is spelled.

>Food analogies
Oh shit, is this Yea Forums?

>>RRREEE

>HOLLYWOOD SHOW ME SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE!

>ITS ONLY VALID IF THE PEOPLE ARE GOOD LOOKING AND I HAVE A BONER

>>RREEEEEEe

>I SEE U AM MAKE TIPO

>ME DOD WIN! ARGUEGAME!

Hot damn, we've got a live one.

You think movie fags would wanna watch some purple motherfucker drone on and on about wanting to put his dick inside Lady Death? No.

Having him written as some zealot who believes his plan is golden and can save the universe from overpopulation and lose of resources is better than a orbiter trying to get in the pants of Lady Death.

Why are you bringing up sexy Hollywood actors and actresses?

What’s your problem? Deviating from the source material or the body image issues you have about yourself you seem to be projecting?

Attached: 49C1D373-C314-4039-884D-867F221C356B.png (254x243, 12K)

Fuck you, go complain about the changes made to The Mask in the movies.

>Let me call you an idiot...

>HOW DARE YOU RESPOND TO ME WITH ANYTHING OTHER THEN RESPECT AND REVERENCE!

>Yea Forums.

Your lack of self-awareness here is staggering.

Civil War the movie impressed me by being somehow significantly worse than the original story. Character motivation was really piss poor in the film.

I'm willing to debate that. What problems did you have with character motivation in the film?

You expecting nice arguments from people you shit on is the epitome of lack-of-self-awareness Yea Forums.

No, I mean the fact you're criticizing yourself without seeming to notice it.

Why is it okay when you make Purple Man a whiny orbiter but not Thanos?

While I think both characters (IM and Cap) are given a motivation, it feels weak versus the comics justification. The Winter Soldier killing Tony’s parents is overly specific in a way that makes it less an ideological conflict springing from tragedy and more two individuals dragging the fate of the universe into their personal bullshit. The conflict felt overly manufactured, especially when Tony gives Cap a burner phone so he can get ahold of him for their contractually obligated Avengers sequel. Plus, I just thought the MCU roster simply wasn’t robust enough to tell a decent version of Civil War. While I don’t particularly like the original story, I thought it could’ve been made into a better film.

>meat and cheese food analogy
I think you mean meat and SHITTY SHIT

> he fell for the 'food is art' meme

Yeah great can you hurry up with my sandwich, user? I don't have time for your delusions.

t. Rian Johnson

>Yeah great can you hurry up with my sandwich, user? I don't have time for your delusions.

Here's your taco.

It's not a straight adaption of your post's request user!

Attached: taco.jpg (990x725, 247K)

Why read your posts when you guys are arguing that it's okay not to read comics and just make stuff up? That's all the other user seems to be doing here. Which is funny and meta.

Do you get butthurt about What Ifs too?

Do you just bow down and consume the product without question? Do you criticize anything at all or is everything equally okay with you?

What if I critically analyze it and decide I agree with the decisions they made? That I think they made a better product for not following the comics 100%?

Then I think your critical analysis is wrong and I don't support your decision.

On one hand, I understand why they changed it. On the other hand, I really wanted to see Death make an appearance.

>Think Civil War. Despite having name recognition, the original Civil War event was AWFUL, full of really dumb shit. The Captain America movie of the same name changed a lot of what it was about, but in doing so made a conflict that made perfect sense in context (being an extension of the failings and betrayals of both Steve and Tony's across the last few movies, from Starks guilt over Ultron to Cap's experiences with authority being corrupted from within) and was overall a better story than the comics arc ever was.

I disagree.

Comics are better because they dealt with actual super hero issues in-universe like secret identities and why it's important to have them. And a full cast of characters to work with, not cherry picked Hollywood celebrity-faces. Not to mention raping Spider-Man's character for infinity.

Over all, Civil War is where the MCU permanently turned to pure shit and will never recover. That's when they really proved how little of a fuck they gave about comics.

I want to get the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animation team back together and create an animated Infinity Gauntlet set in that universe, with Lady Death and Adam Warlock and everything else in the original story...

Where live action has failed us, animation can succeed...

I didn't like that part, but could do nothing. And thought that Thanos's true intentions would make a great reveal for the second movie. But we got shafted on that too.
No-one is going to listen if I don't like what everyone else likes.

>>Yea Forums doesn’t give a fuck
Why do you lie?