Greatest Zombie Comic of All Time?

Pic related is my choice.

Hardmode: No Walking Dead

Attached: 61ymwKxPfNL._SX356_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (358x499, 47K)

Man, that ending was so bad.

I only saw the movie, and personally I thought that was awful. is the comic better? how did it end?

It suffers from the exact same problem Walking Dead and really a lot of series do: goes on far longer than necessary.

Interesting. I've currently read up to volume 12, "I Am a Hero" has been consistently solid all the way through. How does it jump the shark?

Aliens

Too bad the author of Highschool of the Dead died.

All of his endings suck. They all end in the mc usually continuing there life of mediocrity with none of them experienceing any growth as a person. or worse they grow and then regress. This book pissed me off because waaaay early in the story there shitting on mcs manga stating he's only good at making side characters, and that they're way better than his mcs. Last 20 chapters the side character who complimented his book basically takes over and is such a better written character it almost makes me mad as if he planned it this way in a sort of look at this meta shit where the mc is boring like his book but this side character that's not him is awseome, LIKE.HIS.BOOK! WHY COULDN'T THE STORY HAVE FOCUSED ON THE SIDE CHARACTER TO BEGIN WITH!?, He was better? You're telling me you CAN write a cool character like that, but you chose to go with lam-o over here. TL;DR Kinda mad at the author because he insists on sticking with the same depressing character archtype he always uses when he's shown he can write others just as well if not better.

...what. Are you telling me I've been waiting all this time for updates to binge for nothing? FUCK!

Attached: 1560127915032.gif (456x404, 326K)

What happened i didnt want to read until everything was finished.

yep 2 years now, went back three days ago to check and one of the comments linked to his wiki. Artist is still alive but his series is boring.

I liked ressentiment, it was weird but it was the closest he’s ever gotten to a good end

>Talking Dad
>good
LOL

>posts a manga
Get out of here.

The majority of the plot threads are thrown out and the boring as shit main character lives in isolation.

What do people see in this manga? It's awful, as are his other works.

Well thats dull glad i did't finish reading it i guess

Newsflash: dumb people like dumb shit.

There aren't many manga or anime about zombies. So people stick to what they can get.

lol, what? There's a shit-ton of those. Did you miss the whole zombie craze?

I read the first two volumes and mainly liked how scary the zombies were drawn. I honestly dropped it because the story seemed to just be going in familiar post apocalypse territory. Plus like one user was saying the main character just wasn’t someone who seemed to be growing and the story itself didn’t seem interested in delving into why that would be the case or finding something interesting to explore about his character. Zombies still looked damn fine though.

I guess so. Can you recommend a few good ones?

I like zombie books, that is all
Was this not created when the zombie craze was started?

highschool of the dead

it was good until the last arcs where it went to absolute trash

See

Everything except the ending was good.

>good ones
No such thing. Most of them start well enough, but devolve to boring/edgy/dumb shit sooner rather than later. If you feel like it, just scour the horror section of a manga host site and you will find a lot of stuff from survival and action to romance and comedy, even fucking SoL.

>I am an hero

Gyo isn’t revolutionary or anything but that’s a solid “zombie” story. Mainly because it just replaces zombies with freaky ass fish robo spiders

Early School -live. Jumped the shark a while ago but might be heading towards an ending as of the recent arc.

>anything by that moron
>solid
He's 100% garbage. He's OK at coming up with a creepy idea, but then it's all down hill to the bottom of a dumpwater ditch from there. All his manga are good for is meme mining.

That doesn’t really tell me what’s bad about him. I mean I don’t think he’s amazing, his art is great, but storytelling wise it feels like he’s going for a pulp comic approach to how the stories unfold, like how the 50s horror comics were structured. Now that doesn’t make it good or bad, for me at least I can see what he’s going for and I usually dig it as just some solid scare than something like a traditional story

I'd say 68 has its entertainment value. Especially pic related.

Attached: RCO001.jpg (1041x1600, 560K)

>zombies in 'nam
Oh my, time to read.

It wasn't unexpected though. A few of the outside of Japan stories hinted toward something like that.

It still is one of few manga that has actually perfected the art of the jumpscare through reading. Pic related haunted me at night for awhile

Attached: images (10).jpg (739x415, 51K)

how was Deadworld?

>19:32:34
I read the Necropolis one shot and it was dumb fun.

I remember how mad everyone got at the ending. Dunno why they were surprised desu, felt like they'd been reading a different story from what I had.

Hiro's manga kind of foreshadowed his ending desu I think it kind of ended beautifully in that regard. The side characters, just like his manga, led more fulfilling roles and had more growth, and it all culminates into the last real bastion of humanity finding safety and with Hiro left to live the rest of his life alone. He didn't get a happy ending because he didn't deserve one, and he didn't get a bad ending because he wasn't a bad person. He was doomed to live as a mediocre guy because he was mediocre, but he embraces his fate in the end.

I love the ending of I am a hero, the movies and even the spinoffs

based dog

[Apocalypse no toride is pretty cool too/spoiler]

Attached: I Am a Hero in Ibaraki c6 n6.jpg (847x1200, 554K)

the manga is so comfy, the art is beautiful and the characters are interesting. the live action movie was bad, but don't let that deter you from the manga

I actually thought the ending of I Am a Hero was pretty good. Boys on the Run's ending was frustrating but not terrible.

Because they're weird in a special way. If he cut down the length by a third and made the ending not shit I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

I liked it because it feels like a combination of two other manga I like (Gantz and Punpun). It's a mix of weirdness, psychological stuff, and edgelord material.

If any manga jad a shit ending, it was Punpun

What a cuck

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-150307_MangaAOn.jpg (659x490, 248K)

Nah Punpun had a great crushing ending. All his awful bullshit gets the object of his obsession to kill herself and then he lives as a shell of a man with the only woman who actually liked him.

it's fine up until the finale which is just fucking weird and really unfulfilling. the crazy mutant aspect of the !zombies goes over the top as weird plot shit excuse for both main girl and guy to become antagonistic. nothing is explained and it ends with an unshown deus ex machina to save the MC so that he can be I Am Legend in Tokyo in the epilogue.