Do you think there's any negative side effects to Danny Phantom's ghost powers I mean they make it sound all cool and...

Do you think there's any negative side effects to Danny Phantom's ghost powers I mean they make it sound all cool and stuff but he's basically like half undead that seems like it could be more like a curse in the long run

what happens when he dies does he get stuck as his ghost half unable to move on to the afterlife or does he go to hell maybe?

Danny's not dead but he is still using part of his incorporeal form that only usually comes out of someone when they are dead maybe danny can burn it out through his powers and become a grotesque soulless monstrosity who knows

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2djx83-4XNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xp3bYiP9do4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>guess I’ll die

Wasn't his ghost half being an evil cunt the entire plot of a special where said ghost half wrecked the planet?

Didn't he get his ghost half excised in one movie and it went to fuse/absorb Vlad's ghost half? Probably it will turn into a separate entity once Danny croaks
Now, what would have happened if it targeted a human instead of another ghost entity?

but ghosts are basically dna carrying aliens or extra dimensional beings or whatever by word of god not actual ghosts. Really Danny just has hald alien dna or some shit, he is not half dead.

Remember that Butch retconect the ghost into symbiotes that attach to human memories to gain a new form, what happened in the intro is basically how the other ghost were created except for the ones strong enough to take form by themselves, Danny is just capable of controling his and change at will, because he was still alive

So the "ghosts" attach to memories, personas, and physiques, but not the physical bodies of people, making them effectively entirely separate beings?

His ghost half merged with the ghost half of Vlad, and that was the evil cunt. Also it all happened because Danny cheated on a test or something, become a bad person.

They thought he blew up the school when some meat exploded or something, got expelled and had to move in with Vlad.

What the hell, then explain Poindexter. How is he not a ghost?

This seems like a way to have them be ghost and yet not really in all but name. Potato Potato.

Oh, that explains a lot more, I must've forgotten that particular.

This I do remember.

Is his Ghost is own person? It seemed like it had a personality when Danny had been split.

Poindexter, Desiree and The Cheese King are the only exceptions of that rule and Butch seemed to just drop them altogether to stop using this concept of the "afterlife".

Do you ever wondered if Danny ever had sex with his ghost clones or if he used them to have threesomes or gangbangs with Sam or Valerie?

I mean he uses his ghost powers canonically to peep on girls in the bathroom.

So maybe.

No Butch explained the ecto beings are the slime things we see in the intro attaching to the DNA of Danny, for a ecto being to gain a form he needs to combine with something stronger like a human memory specially negative ones and there the ones powerful enough to exist of their own Luke Clockwork or Tornado guy,

The weird thing is that explanation just imply that Ember and point dexter memory were full of negative energy to be picked on by a ecto, so they might as well die young

Yeah his ghost had a JUSTICE personality when they were split in OP's pic

Didn't Ember died burnt to a crisp after waiting for a dude all night? She was probably very pissed

I mean that was the song imply, but after the butch retcon, does that mean she's a ghost mixed with the memory of the real Ember, but Butch never explained what the fuck happened to the people this memories belonged to, did they die, are these memories outside time, like the the real pointdexter grew up normal, but his hate memories mixed with ecto being or did all this people died and negative memories plus ecto being is Butch way of saying they died with regrets and combine with ghostly symbiote?

It's easiest to think of the ectoplasm beings as mimics that copy the forms of dead people, to the point where they have all of that person's memories and believe they're them. Except the mimics have the ability to walk through wall, disappear, fly, and other random shit that they have regardless of who they're copying. Hence why pulling the ecto being out of Danny produces a being that still looks like Danny and has the standard ghost powers.

>memory
Not "memory". "Post-human consciousness" is the term they use in the show. The lingering brainwaves of dead people.

That actually makes more sense.

Still, why not just have them be ghost? I mean it is a kid's show...but the premise is still the premise.

Because they realized very early in production that most of "ghosts" in the show had nothing to do with ghosts and were just random monsters that popped out of the "ghost" zone. So they just ran with it.

Oh okay, so we can comfirm they all died young and also this guy explained Butch words the best, the ecto being pretty much Mimic a dead person memory to take a form and grow, which is really fucked up if you think about it, just imagine your best friend died a few years ago and you suddenly see him in the streets as ghost, but he's not really him just a being from another dimension that stole his form and now use it to break havoc

I feel like the more interesting moral or psychological dilemma that Danny had were lightly hinted at, but never expanded upon.

Like the idea that he feels like an outcast both as a human and as a ghost. Or the implication that the ghost half of him is straight up evil and only reigned in by his humanity.

Otherwise it's just the normal superhero issues of trying to keep his identity hidden and learning to control janky powers with no one to teach him.

Attached: 3098457.gif (170x200, 41K)

If he was filled with negative energy then i think the worst would be the fact that you as his best friend coulnd't do anything about it.

Danny should’ve had to kill himself to go into his ghost form and his friends should’ve been responsible to make sure nobody found his dead body until he was back

His suicide was the original premise of the show. But he was gonna be a full ghost pretending to be human not a half ghost. The execs thought that was too dark for cartoons.

Worked for Devilman.

Based butch

Whoa whoa WHOA! These aren't dead people, user. What this show calls "ghosts" are really aliens from a connected dimension who just happen to have qualities similar to what you would find in ghost myths.

Danny Phantom is a family-friendly show that would never promote the occult.

Not the guy you're talking to but I dunno if that's really comparable, Devilman was never super PG to begin with and the demons in it were alive. The human basically sorta-kinda kills the demon in the possession process, taking the demon's body and powers but retaining their own consciousness.

Yeah in Akira's case, he posses the demon thanks to Ryo

I was talking about the anime.
Akira died and Amon took his place and pretends he is a human.

The sad thing about DP is that it could have been more than a typical superhero show if the writers focused in the the afterlife/death/paranormal themes instead of going on sci-fi.

No, that's Akira is Amon the one tha got sealed/killed inside Akira, Amon just came out once, the whole point is that Akira took's Amon power thanks to Ryo, in the end that what allowed Devilman to not join satan and the same time what Ryo liked about Akira

Either Nick or Hartman himself wanted the show to be more like Fairly Oddparents. There was a writer on staff who was putting in building blocks towards a larger story, but that got discarded and he eventually left.

If other ghosts can come out of the ghost zone, I don't see why he cant

Which one is better?
youtube.com/watch?v=2djx83-4XNQ
or
youtube.com/watch?v=Xp3bYiP9do4

I think you are talking about Crybaby, the manga or the 80's OVA.
I am talking about the 70's anime. There was no Ryo, only Amon and Miki.

Attached: Devilman 70s anime.jpg (887x547, 108K)

the main one, the 2nd one, he sounds out of tune/tone deaf

I've grown attached to "Yo, Danny Fenton, he was just fourteen"

Oh, yes in the manga the whole point is Akira taking's over Amon power and scentially possesing Amon

>Yo, Danny Fenton
>Yo
It's Young Danny Fenton

Yeah Butch comfirmed this, but let's face it Yo dounds better

Should have gone full-on corny white guy rap.

Randy Stair

The one that aired on TV. It tells you everythinbg you need to know about the show.
And it sounds better overall.

Danny Fentanyl