Uber and Uber Invasion

Just binged them. This is some good shit.

For those who haven't read it: it's a "realistic" take on the application of superhuman enhancements in the late stages of World War II, starting with the nazis exploiting the one-year-headstart gap to fuck Europe over in '45 in Uber. Uber Invasion is a sequel set on another warfront.

For those who are reading this, or who read it already, discuss I guess.

Attached: RCO004[1].jpg (1600x1236, 689K)

First half is pretty solid overall but Invasion kind of drags on. The 'However' joke is real.

I wonder when it'll actually get finished, last I heard was probably not until sometime in 2020.

It was fine, kind of edgy. I do like the dry delivery in the narration, like reading a history book.

Too many howevers, however.

They're really rushing the ending out.

I predict an ending where the postwar period is in some strange Cold War period where Maria's Ubertopia is at odds with everybody else, where everybody else is in varying stages of fucked.

Do we ever get a hint of whats to come of the powered humans? I'm half expecting for the power to kill them in a decade of so.

Nah its pretty much a mystery so far if they'll die young or live forever.

its silly brains-off good times.

i enjoy the crazy ride and dont take it seriously.

We didn't get any hint about that, I expect the same frankly, for no other reason than narrative convention and a tendency for everyone named in this comic to eventually get fucked.
The howevers keep a little edge in the narration I guess, and make a point about how no one really can predict these new unconventional weapons.

A little more variety in the howevers would have been nice

>The howevers keep a little edge in the narration I guess, and make a point about how no one really can predict these new unconventional weapons.
I'll give you that, but is becoming kind of predictable how thing would go about. "Whoever is following the plan or seems to have the advantage looses"

>realistic
No it isn't.

Attached: Uber.png (760x4460, 244K)

To be fair, OP did put it in quotes, maybe he should've added more quote marks.

Naw, that faggot was just looking for an excuse to repost that shitty mspaint garbage so it wouldn't have mattered how it was phrased.

>tfw no 7 foot tall 13 years old superhuman gf
It hurts bros

Attached: 24[1].jpg (1988x3056, 1.79M)

>Just binged them. This is some good shit.

Now we only have to wait for Gillen to restart this masterpiece.

Attached: 1559370959168.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Big uber dude here storytimed most of invasion for co Ive been messaging kieron off and on and its clear he really just doesnt care about the series as much as everything else hes doing atm he keeps saying its avatar press hes waiting on but I doubt hes even keeping in contact with him. At this point im close to opening my own wiki and maybe finding like minded people to help finish off or continue the series.

Uber is unironically an extremely well written comic the problem is that the community of people who read it is filled with brainlets people who miss the entire point of the series(a tale of the tragedys of war and not capeshit) and people who dont even really pay attention to what their reading and will repeat misinformation in discussions about the subject. This leads to constant shitstorms whenever we try to discuss uber here as theres like only two people including me who really follow the series religiously and dont just spam memes and talk out of our ass.

This is the type of brainlet post that starts shit storms in uber threads, this comic is not brains off capeshit its suprisingly well written.

Shit, would there even be a cold war? Russia no longer exists. Just leave Maria alone and everything will be fine.

Uber is dogshit, really contrived dogshit that is dragged out for way too long.

I've read and enjoyed the series, but the complaints about all the "however" plot events are legitimate. The story did rely a lot on ass-pulls.

My biggest historical gripe is that Gillen simply didn't understand -- at least at the beginning of his story -- how completely screwed the Germans and Japanese were by the time the Germans deployed their Ubers. Once I shrugged that off for the sake of seeing where the story was going, I simply sat back and enjoyed it.

What if the Ubers were deployed during the Battle of the Bulge? Could they make a difference then?

i can't believe none of the big publishers snatched up caanan white when they had the chance.

Thats not a halfbad idea.
I do believe Uber will not get a proper ending with the whole deal at Avatar.
Maybe someone her could finish up the story "unofficially"

The setting is neither well-written nor "realistic" as OP claims. It's not that people are expecting a cape book, it's that Gillen consistently demands readers ignore the logistical, operational, and infrastructure capacity of Nazi Germany in April 1945 in order for the book to function at all. Gillen constantly has to write around elements of his story that would logically break the narrative. The timeline of his story doesn't work. He constantly has the Nazis either already having or developing on the fly superior Uber strategies and tactics despite them only having seen a few weeks of combat against normal troops before the Allies deploy their Ubers and zero ability to rotate out their Ubers, unlike the Allies. Hell, the series hinges on Stephanie not bothering to tell the Allies about the Nazis' successful program to create invincible super soldiers with disintegrator vision until after their deployment.

Yes, immensely.

I think Uber should have switched to a graphic novel anthology format, similar to a Eurocomic, based around crowdfunding. Each one tells a specific story within the overall setting but is focused on the immediate with the details of the setting being sussed through the background of the stories. Also keep the central conceit of Uber along with the character roles and port it to different time periods.

Does anyone who reads Über read Ultimate X-men? Scott never had an Alternate Super Saiyan Mode like Beast Archangel and Dark Phoenix. Even Bobby has Ice Giant Ice Age Mode. Über's power set answers a question I had ever since Ultimate X-Men #95.

Attached: RCO022 (1).jpg (1041x1600, 632K)

Maria's so cool. She doesn't fly but she seems super powerful. Looks like she could give Godzilla or Superman a run for their money.

Attached: RCO010.jpg (1041x1600, 596K)

This is the type of brainlet poster who ignores the shit that actually happens in the comics, nazi germany is presented from day one of the comics to be a fucked up zombie nation the reason you and other brainlets perceive this not to be the case is because the germans got ubers first and thus were dominating for most of the first series riding the snowball of their tech, uber tech changed the game dramatically.

>ignore the logistical, operational, and infrastructure capacity of Nazi Germany in April 1945 in order for the book to function at all

All of the demands changed when uber tech was phased in, its unconventional warfare your armys go from hundreds of thousands to literally just hundreds use your brain retard theres a reason gillian even brings up the fact they eat only glucose paste it relieves germanys collapsing state from the unsustainable preasures.

>He constantly has the Nazis either already having or developing on the fly superior Uber strategies and tactics despite them only having seen a few weeks of combat against normal troops before the Allies deploy their Ubers

Retard, sankt goes over this in the first few issues he literally withheld the ubers from hitler for over a year so that they could be trained and develop combat tactics, actually almost all the shit people complain about in this comic is either OVERTLY word by word explained by a character in the comic(I guess you just didnt read it?) or is mentioned and obviously a hint as to why certain circumstances are tenable(glucose paste making food supplies for troops signficantly less demanding). If kierons at fault for anything its that he often has the art speak for itself or the implication of certain things lead people to conclusions but people do not read comics nor care to explore them beyond surface level so smooth brains go on rants around the internet and get away with it.

Maria is the only truly bullshit things about uber and ironically shes rarely if ever brought up by detractors

How durable is she in terms of comic book stuff. The deformed monster that got thrown at her punched through a steel plate but didn't break her skin. Do you think she's Superman tier invincible or comicbook Luke Cage invincible or Hulk tier invincible?
Her Halo Effect was as big as that whole city!

Shes as physically strong as a tank men bro.

That seems to have been the expressed misunderstanding.

I recall watching Overlord, and thinking that it could easily pass as a prequel to Uber.

Attached: overlord_01_4web_only__large.jpg (780x422, 91K)

She is a glass cannon, for Uber standards not as durable as a Battleship but basically godlike at long distances. A good ambush might kill her, Stalin's mistake was not destroying the body once they got her from behind.

I don't know if she "Adapts" to damage like Doomsday but she seems to respond to trauma by getting more powerful more Über. She looks different from battle to battle and in her disappearance in Pic related she seemed as big as the two big Battleship class Panzermench. Her face also has gotten more Über looking like

That seems to be the expressed misunderstanding. I'll post a couple of images from trauma a glass cannon shouldn't have survived .

That is why I said for Uber standard, The halo bullshit doesn't have an effect on her but a long fall could kill her like any normal person, same when she fought the German monster, she is physically weak, but powerful with her other powers .

Maria survived the blood test that fucking destroyed everything around, so she clearly isn't pure halo activation without any physical.

Also, that test I think implies she may be a new class of Uber, something beyond Battleship (Dreadnaught?)

I was going to post counter points but I didn't notice that her arm had been broken and her forearm bone was poking out after Battleship Zero hit her.

Attached: RCO020_w (1).jpg (1008x1600, 478K)

A fucked up zombie nation that is able to reclaim most of its conquered territory within a few weeks, successfully fight off a three-front war with both sides seeing deployment of enemy Ubers, and build a fleet of XXI submarines. Glucose paste has horrible caloric inefficiency and is mostly used because it's quickly metabolized, and sugar was scarce throughout the entire war. And they're somehow able to keep the existence of thousands of 8 foot tall supersoldiers a secret while also developing combat tactics, something that requires actual combat to test?

>disappearance
I meant her appearance.

Dreadnought is pre Battleship

Is this a glass cannon?

Attached: RCO022 (2).jpg (1041x1600, 489K)

A giant lump of flesh almost killed her.

>uberfag detected.

Only up to chapter #27. Can't find anymore online, and sources? Comic shop no help and I can find no torrent.

Also seeing Colossus get his arms torn off was truly a shocking experience. Fucking industiral drill...

I'm very sad to hear that-I check in on his weekly updates just to keep an eye out for uber related stuff. It would be an absolute shame for the series to be left on permanent hiatus.