Opinions on Archer?

Opinions on Archer?

Attached: archer_20copy.0.jpg (1200x800, 163K)

I only just started watching again. What happened between them being drug dealers, to make it a space show?

I want to imprison Cheryl and turn her into my breeding slave.

It's not real, archer's been in a coma since the end of season 7.

Lots of people are turned off by the heavy amount of self referential humor and repeated gags.

Best thing I can think to say of it that I'd expect most would agree with is consistently great voice work across the cast.

Seasons 1-4 easily puts Archer in the top 15 greatest cartoons in history

Season 5 was mediocre as fuck.

Season 6 was great again

Seasons 7-9 complete garbage.

The highs outweighs the lows and I regret waiting 8 years to start it but it was special in those early seasons. It went to shit but maybe the final season will end on a high note.

Pretty fun. They should get him out of the coma and end it already though.

>Seasons 7-9 complete garbage.
Dreamland is great.

I’m so sick of the Coma shit

But they’re bored and out of ideas yet being forced to keep making more.
Don’t you want them to just make an entirely new show every season to try and keep it fun for them?

It's not a whole new show though, it's the exact same characters and the exact same jokes

I like all these goofy reimaginings, especially because I love a quality goofy space ensemble show.

Just Greer makes me wet, and I'm a male

I love the coma shit and think it’s better than vice.

>Season 7-9 complete garbage
Season 7 was alright, like a 7/10
Season 8 was ok, a 6/10
Season 9 is kino so far, a 9/10

If any season is shit, it's 5
Vice nearly ruined the entire show

There was still more to love than hate about Vice, even if it was the weakest season.

>Vice nearly ruined the entire show
By doing what seasons 1-4 did in a new timeframe?

People give the coma seasons too much shit IMO. Yeah, the premise is pretty lazy because it makes up makes up for having to make actual new storylines, but once you accept the coma the dream storylines aren't THAT bad.

Also
Lana >>>> Sheryl/Carol >>>> Pam

>Pam that low
>didn’t even list Mallory
Ya basic

I liked vice, I liked dream land, I enjoyed danger island, space is kinda eh for me but I'm enjoying the setting changes. Regular seasons were good.

Every living being somehow bend their will for archer. I can take that for a while but I never see even one person stand up against archer, they just bow down to him or always lose.

I know it's a gag, but it's getting tiring.

I still enjoy it. Haven't gotten around to Danger Island and I figure I'll start the new season later.

It's aight.
It went downhill when Barry became a cyborg, but I still watch it.

I want to like it, but the humor is so juvenile I can't.

They never spin things in a way I don't see coming.

Dreamland is ridiculously plot and exposition heavy, to the point of being low on jokes. Danger Island did a better job balancing story/jokes. A big problem that is ignored with the Coma seasons is how the show became fully serialized to its detriment, they should have stuck to standalones.

Just let him flatline already

The archer in a coma thing got old fast, 50s detective archer was a lot of fun but now they're just milking the shit out of putting archer in different settings.
Also, I'm sick and tired of meta humor.
I'm guessing so much has happened in the canon part of the series they have no idea what to do next, their only real option is a dramatic change to the plot and dynamic, like archer having a kid (that is actually his) or even the potentially risky but very interesting idea of having him be decisively older when he wakes up, and dealing with that.

The show was amazing for the first 3 years, but the novelty wore off.

Was bored to tears during seasons 7-9.

It's alright Cyril being the Nazi was a decent change of pace

After they screwed him out of another series because they wanted to so some shitty comedian vanity project. Fuck that. Time to do Superheros next.

agree
I loved season 1-4, but when I watched danger island it was non-stop quoting the earlier seasons and self-referential jokes. Hasn't the main guy stopped writing it and its now entirely different people?

I wish Archer woke up from the coma already.

Its also tiring how in later seasons the characters ACTIVELY sabotages everything with absolutely asinine decisions

But it’s got a new hat!

Just let him die already.

It was awful since Vice. Almost nothing was funny. But for the first time in a while, I'm laughing at the new season somehow.

it makes me feel smart while also brainwashing me!

So seasons 8 and 9 are just fuck-around seasons that they can do without officially rebooting the series or whatever?

It’s turned into spin offs. And that is genuinely better than the mess the story had become.

Parrot Krieger got me several times.

I absolutely despise Lana and would kill to know Pam sexually

love it. I give the whole series a rewatch every so often and it's amazing how well A) it holds up and B) the twists and surprises still hit because somehow I never remember them. It's a perfect example of a show that doesn't let good writing get in the way of making sense.
it's just funny how every episode is written without an ending, it just cuts off 19 minutes in

I am super excited for the Space season
Sci-fi is my favorite genre.
I'm waiting for it to finish before I start it.

With Archer 1999, the show officially jumped the shark. Put a bullet in it and call it a day.

>Seasons 1-4 easily puts Archer in the top 15 greatest cartoons in history
This. It's fucking incredible each and every time I watch it.

Pam would break your heart