Hey Yea Forums

Hey Yea Forums

Tell me which movie is going to be the highest grossing film of all time? i wanna hear you say it

Attached: avengers-endgame-avatar2-1168860-1280x0.jpg (1280x718, 144K)

Gone with the Wind.

Gone with the Wind

Gone With the Wind

Avatar was an eye candy. Nothing more.

So Avengers didn't even beat Titanic?

Gone with the Wind

It did beat Titanic according to James Cameron

oh right inflation matters now to Marvel fanboys

Wait for the inevitable crossover.

The Lion King remake will outgross both of them.

Endgame and about 20 other films have sold more tickets than Avatar so.....

when does time end and what other movies will be out by then user?

Yesterday, Endgame had already made 2.72.
In a week, it will made over 3 billions.

>In a week, it will made over 3 billions
How? It's literally only took in 8,037,491 last weekend. Endgame has no staying power and that is what's going to keep it at it's comfortable number 2 place.

Avatar is still shit, Yea Forums

This did put a smile on my face

Attached: avengers-sink-titanic-congrats-full-700x900.jpg (700x900, 102K)

>Thank goodness there are no survivors left to sue us

Attached: 1559961787275.jpg (694x816, 120K)

There's a chance they'll game the system and rerelease Endgame in some theaters before Far From Home, since Far From Home is a direct continuation.

>rerelease Endgame in some theaters before Far From Home
As if anyone would re-see Endgame just for a shitty spiderman movie.

I didn't realize Avatar still had such dedicated fans.

Maybe if they tried to fix the ending by this point lol

>Gone with the Wind.
" GWTW is the highest grossing movie of all time. AFI it has made $3.3 bil. Does this sound familiar? Whenever people bring up big summer movies that make a ton of cash there is always someone who throws this out there and to them, I say; that's awesome, but let's put that into context. All $ from here on out has AFI.

GWTW was released in 39 and its initial run lasted until 43. It made 221 mil its first year in limited release and then 285 mil over its next 3 years in general release to bring its initial 4-year total to 506 mil globally. Combining those 4 years it sold 60 mil tickets. So over 4 years it sold 60 mil tickets and made $506 mil in the US. Compare that to IM3 that sold roughly 40 mil tickets and made 380 mil in its first four weeks in the US or Avengers that sold 50 mil and made 532 mil and all of a sudden GWTW isn't looking all that impressive. So where did the rest of GWTW’s gross come from? That would be the eight rereleases in 47, 54, 61, 67, 71, 74, 89, and 98 which earned its additional $2.8. billion

So, the next time someone throws out how much money GWTW made keep it mind it took the movie nearly 60 years to reach its total. Many of those years took place during a time when alternative entertainment was not as easily accessible as it is today. There was no TV for the first 10 years of the movies run, no movie rentals for the first 40 years, there certainly wasn't Netflix, Vgames, sports packages, PC, and whatever other endless river of entertainment options we have today.

TLDR – GWTW made 506 mil in its first 4 years and had 8 other rereleases over the span of 60 years to bring its total to 3.3 bil."

Sources
GWTW wiki
First week and year gross
Inflation Calculator
IM3 4 week total
Avengers 4 week total

Cameron posted it, not them