This NEEDS to be addressed, Stephen Hillenburg was always against a Spongebob spinoff and NEVER WANTED IT...

This NEEDS to be addressed, Stephen Hillenburg was always against a Spongebob spinoff and NEVER WANTED IT. Nick has confirmed a Spongebob spinoff only because of Hillenburg's passing. This is highly disrespectful to the wishes of Hillenburg & I'm just so ashamed of Nick.

Attached: FD7256E3-D595-4F76-B172-D302216AE35B.jpg (720x683, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lo4mE5IK3AE
twitter.com/paultibbitt/status/1136035312113553408
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2007/11/flash-vs-traditional-vs-asia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>corporation wants to make more money
>local idiot is upset

no sandy no buy

Oh good, a show to kill Spongebob for good.

What's different now is that there is a growing thriving ecosystem on social media circles where any animated production will be discussed and taken to scrutiny very seriously - take how the huge backlash with ThunderCats Roar whipped happened. Now add that up to one of the most successful series of all time...methinks normie rage will be imminent, but it might take until promotional art or footage surfacing/leaking for layfolk to take notice.

>cg animated
>prequel series
Not even the ratings juggernaut that is spongebob could carry something this ill-conceived.

>remotely implying nick ever gave a remote fuck about hillenburg aside from how much money he can make for them
Regardless of circumstances to them you are pretty much nothing more than a walking dollar sign. If anything I’m surprised they never tried such a thing earlier.

Translation: It's now cheaper to do a 3DCG show in Canada then it is to do a hand drawn show in Korea and because of that the original series is being canceled because it got too expensive to make at $125,000 a 11 minute short (the only time it ever costed $500,000 a 11 minute short is when they had to flew a man in a gorilla suit to and from Korea in the short I Had an Accident).

I love capitalism, but fuck corporations.

He had no problem letting Nick drag his show into the ground for several years without him as showrunner. I doubt he'd give a shit about some spinoff that won't last more than a few seasons.

What is it with americans and camps?

i am really scared by this..

Attached: 210.jpg (700x526, 66K)

Welcome to the club buddy

Attached: images (35).jpg (604x347, 21K)

Most American children don’t even go to camps. I never did, neither did my friends I went to school with. It’s another animation cliche that’s been around for ages that refuses to die.

Attached: C42D80CE-A691-413E-8317-6316DFD0FB8C.jpg (675x900, 84K)

There is a good chance they won't care about continuity and just put her in it.

Just look at the final seasons of FOP where the fairies and Timmy's parents talked to each other.

>I Had an Accident
what? that doesn't make any sense. I thought Spongebob was made in-house. Plus why not buy a gorilla suit in Korea?

They did. It was a deal. They made a shit ton of money from him and he made a shit ton of money from them
It’s not like this is the only artist who didn’t have their wishes respected in terms of releases

Reminder SpongeBob has outlived EVERY single cartoon from the 90s and 2000s and 2010s.

Attached: mdu3rd8hppqz.jpg (1920x1410, 217K)

how much did It cost to make a full 22 minute episode?

Has a prequel EVER worked?

But will it outlive DarksydePhil?

Not Arthur

Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy also count.

It didn't outlive the Simpsons, or Family Guy, or Pokemon, or Naruto, or One Piece.

It did outlive Bleach and Dragonball, so there's that.

There are many spinoffs already made for theatres

FG got canned but returned years later. Does count. SpongeBob stayed from 1999-

Ninjago bro.

Giving SpongeBob a set age ruins the character.

The Simpsons is from the 80s.

fpbp

>local user learns how capitalism works

Wasn't the entire point of the Spongebob movies that Spongebob was a kid? Like, spongebob doesn't really "have" a specific age, but he's a stand in for children viewers, making a show where he is a child seems like... I don't know, a hat on a hat? it makes you consider Spongebobs age, it's weird.

This just pisses me off on so many levels. The way Nickelodeon milks every dollar out of spongebob with little to no respect for the show, it’s creator and the audience. Stephen Hillenburg originally wanted to end the show after the movie with it only receiving 3 seasons. But Nickelodeon saw the potential in it, and kept making episodes. Look at seasons 5-9 of the show, it’s a literal shitshow with only little to no episodes being decent. It only got a little better when Stephen Hillenburg returned to the show, and don’t forget, they made a 2nd movie, the 2nd movie was above average but will never be as good as the first one.

Nickelodeon are a bunch of greedy bastards with the only intention is to make money while disrespecting everyone they deal with on the way.

>Not knowing about Rough Draft Korea.
$250,000 per 22 minute episode.

Is this gonna be yet another one of those baby shows like total dramarama where its just an excuse for more juvenile humor?

We're gonna see shit like baby sandy and baby krabs even though its canon that spongebob didn't meet those characters till he was an adult.

When will Groening die, so Disney can make a CGI Simpsons prequel?

He's a manchild. He owns a home and works

Spongebob needs to die

>Waiting for Hillenburg to kick the bucket so they can finally whore out his darling to the spinoff gods

Attached: 1559636398567.jpg (329x339, 11K)

I and a lot of my friends went to camps, I grew up in Florida though so I don't know if its diffrent else where. I skinned a gator and played Pokemon near the swamps.

They just had to wait until the man died huh?

More like
>Corporation spits on dead man’s wishes
>local man understandably upset

If we're going by canon age gaps, I can see Squidward being a camp counselor (only because that counts as public service towards high schpool graduation) or Mr. Krabs running the camp to make more profit due to being a greedy bastard. (the Ks in the working title are similar to how they misspell crusty, crab, etc.)

Isn't spongebob like a 100 years old young sponge already?

Wouldn't FOP count too? Butch said in one of his videos how Nick would frequently let him off the hook and then order new seasons and all that.

Attached: Screenshot (25).png (1284x670, 614K)

Actually, he did show his age in one episode.

Just don't watch it. Don't give money to the movie either.

It it's the thing that finally kills Spongebob then let if fucking happen

You dumbass, dragon ball is from way before spongebob came out, the USA airings came out late as fuck

Dragonball Z ended in 2002, then went on to make a prequel series that lasted until 2005. Try again casual

>Kamp Koral

Attached: 1459827344015.png (186x208, 28K)

Giving him a girlfriend is what will really kill it

Attached: CnxKNUMWIAAQHg0.jpg (731x762, 39K)

>I never did
Speak for yourself, friend

>implying he died of natural causes
Clearly Nick WANTED that show and he was the only thing standing in the way.

>Not knowing about Rough Draft Korea
Then please, tell us.

Are you saying Viacom owns a device that can give people they don't like ALS?

All the cash they have from Spongebob, it wouldn't surprise me

Z ended in 1997 you dumb burger

What

>It did outlive Dragon Ball
You mean that franchise that had a new film during late 2018?

Just don't watch it, and hope it flops hard.

No.

nope.
SpongeBob started in 1999

I watched Sponge Out Of Water earlier, and I thought it was decent. What did everyone else think of it?

Oh, so pilot episodes don't count? Cuz I remember FOP's shorts airing in the pretty-late 90s. The actual series started in 2001 though so I suppose it's not one of the contenders.

Actually yes, he's allowed to be angry

But he's a huge idiot if you think that Nick wouldn't do this AND that Nick would stop if you protested against it in any way

He's basically treating Yea Forums like one huge blog for his whining--literally nothing will be done about it

It was okay, but it wasn't funny and it feels like it would be a bigger waste of my time if I didn't enjoy the series as a whole

No.

I'd say it was pretty okay for a sequel too, luckily they brought back Stephen himself and some of the original writers so it felt closer to a classic episode. Not the same charm as the first movie, but pretty close. The time machine sequences were pretty trippy, and Squidward's lines always got me.

Them putting it into production less than a year after his death is downright fucking despicable. They’re outing themselves as soulless vultures who were literally waiting for him to drop dead after his diagnosis so they could do this, and it deserves public shaming

Attached: 356C8C39-14D7-4ABB-95FA-51E909434FB9.jpg (963x252, 79K)

it was a fucking mess

imagine how the legacy of this animation legend would be sullied if this was made
we NEED to make sure he's properly remembered for his gay sponge cartoon

Wait, was he alive when they started on the third movie? Because isn't that also about a young Spongebob?
Then again, the original plot was space cats and that was dropped.

>that franchise
He's talking about continuous single-series television shows not franchises

If we find out about the space cat plot being dropped & replaced with the current one as soon as Stephen died I'm gonna be PISSED.

Attached: THESE MOTHERFUCKERS GOT TOO MANY TEETH.png (588x545, 804K)

This won't bring Spongebob back

>aging down
yeah because they totally can't do this in flashbacks

Attached: 035a - The Secret Box (273).jpg (512x384, 56K)

It had some good jokes and great visuals, but the story was a complete mess. Anyone who knows anything about storytelling can tell you that. And somehow, it got a higher score on Rotten Tomatoes than the first movie.

It's one thing for it to be a 3 second long flashback, but a whole ass new series is completely different.

Honestly it was a surprise, going into it I didn’t watch many traislets, so I was under the impression a majority of the movie would be CGI/Live Action. Needless to say a good portion of the movie was 2D animated, and I enjoyed the Plankton/SB dynamic, reminded me of how they were in season 1. It wasn’t perfect but man it could’ve been a real fuckin stinker, we got the best we could’ve gotten out of zombie SB creative team. I will say though, the attempted epic rap battle at the end was forced and cringeworthy. Man that was so unnecessary holy fuck

N.E.R.D did the music too which was an unexpected surprise, the songs they made for Patrick and Sandy somehow capture the characters better than the show had for a long time.

people are entitled to their opinion you corporate cocksucker cunt

For whatever reason, Total Dramarama is doing well on CN. Babyfication is back baby

Why didnt the pirate write down the secret formula on a seperate piece of paper?

>And somehow, it got a higher score on Rotten Tomatoes than the first movie.

I wonder (((why)))

Attached: IMG_20190531_215023.png (800x684, 382K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lo4mE5IK3AE
It does seems very suspicious. I know movies go through changes and rewrites, but they did quite a few animatics for it before we suddenly got "lol, camp spongebob" out of nowhere.

They been doing SpongeBob since day one.

Well nick is a dying company and I don’t doubt they’d do this type of shit. At least spongebob is going to finally die after this so that’s a plus. RIP

Z ended in 2002. Then they continued it with GT then they made a prequel about Goku's young life. But thanks for trying and never reading even as much as a wiki

>FAILING THIS HARD AT """TROLLING"""

Attached: Maybe I can help (You).jpg (500x376, 28K)

>squidward loses his virginity to a camp counselor
>it's mr krabs' wife
>she died from this

Simpsons, South Park, Senpai Guy, American Daddy, Total Drama

I’m personally rooting for Total Drama to outlive all of these

Literally NO ONE wanted a spongebob prequel

I liked Monsters University, but more from a message point of view rather than building onto the characters and their world

Remember when Nick tried to make a spinoff of Rugrats called Preschool Daze and everyone hated it so fiercely they almost immediately swept it under the rug?

I’m hoping that’s what happens here.

I forget if it helped finally kill Rugrats, though. I feel like it might’ve helped.

Attached: E0072D56-B2E9-4559-9250-9CDBF13F61A3.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Excuse me, what?

Does it really cost that much to do an 11 minute episode? Is that normal?

Who are these Korean/Japanese/Philippine stuidos and what are their rates?

I thought Rugrats was already ending when the show came out, or was that the all grownup spin off?

Also, one of his great aspirations is learning to drive and get his drivers’ license.

I appreciate that they made an adult character who is apparently out of school, is moved out from his parents’, and entering the workforce, but still doesn’t have a license. You don’t see that happen a lot.

>inmorality happens
>local nihilist turd shittalks

This show was produced in 2005, when Rugrats had long since ended and All Grown Up was on it's way out production-wise.

Yeah it was All Grown Up! you were thinking about, that started in 2003 which was towards the end of Rugrats. The pre-school show started all the way in fucking 2008 as All Grown Up! was ending.
Rugrats had already been dead for years because of internal drama and Spongebob taking over as #1. AGU was ending as well, this pre-school shit was just a last desperate effort to squeeze the final drop of cash out of this property. At least until enough time passed for interest in a revival to grow.

What does Nickelodeons dick taste like

Fizzy orange juice

Like damp moldy Sponges

According to CH Greenblatt, 22 minutes of Chowder was $400K and for Harvey Beaks it was $600K

This show is for Nick's preschool line up, which is where they have a clear lead over other networks. They're making it because they want their own Paw Patrol-sized hit that they fully own outright.

I agree it's disrespectful, but stirring up outrage over a pre-school show isn't a good look for anyone over the age of 5. The best anyone should hope for is that it's 2 and done.

Fuck Viacom.

this is it.

It didn't outlive them, it's just been a walking corpse since 2005

That turned out to be fake, John K talked about Chowder's and Flapjack's budgets and that the shows were not only $300,000 per episode but nearly all of that was spent on bloated pay checks to the CN executives and wild coke parties and that whatever money was spent on the actual show itself was so small it will make a anime blush it's was that small and as for other cartoons made during this time he said this...
>All modern cartoons are like this, even Avatar.
And thats how we know Chowder was nothing but a waist of cash.

As for Harvey Beaks it does not cost $600,000 per 11 minute short, Korra was $200,000 per 22 minute and that show was much better in every way shape and forum and besides, if Harvey Beaks did cost $600,000 per 11 minutes it will...
1.Be 100% done in the States.
2.Have near feature quality animation.
And 3.use a 30 piece orchestra thats has a original score per episode, never reusing music.
We stopped using Japan because they were getting too expensive, Korea depends on the studio but for The Philippines their monthly wages are $90-155 a month.

>Spongebob prequel
why

Attached: 1552196434818.jpg (550x422, 35K)

>John k says

Thoughts discarded

He knew about how budgets were spent on Chowder & Flapjack.

Theres also this to remember.

>There is no point in animating in Korea, because you get nothing creative out of it. (Studio Mir excluded). They are really there just to move model sheets from one position on the screen to another.

>What we call Korean animation is really just inbetweening.

>If you do send them specific customized key poses (which most studios don't) they won't use them anyway. Or even if they do they will tone them down so badly that it takes all the life out of the cartoons.

>This causes you to lose a lot of time and money in retakes.

>BUT! The problems with trying to get service studios to use the work you send them are so immense and expensive that it has finally dawned on me that it's not worth it. I don't care whether the service studio is in Korea or a block away.

>Literally waited for Hillenburg to die to maximize whoring out Spongebob

That’s really fucked up. Even for modern Nickelodeon. Like you can tell they actually was waiting for Hillenburg to kick the bucket to do this. How come they aren’t getting so much backlash for this? This is beyond disgusting

Attached: B551A13A-DC47-4019-859C-6B7117F9D560.jpg (370x370, 28K)

Corporations only respond to lost profits. If this show bombs, that’s the closest thing you’ll get to punishing Nick.

>Naruto
Not if you don’t consider Naruto to be distinct from Shippuden and Boruto.

A lot of cartoon nerds are giving them shit, but that’s a tiny fraction of the people who could potentially shame them. Honestly someone with a platform needs to write an article and highlight how appalling this is

>i hate corporations for practicing the system i love to the tee

Time to reevaluate things maybe?

I think Paul Tidbit tweeted that Stephen Hillenburg would hate this so much. I don’t think it got much traction though. Nickelodeon needs to get so much shit for this

Attached: 86024127-CF07-418C-9E87-D09734B8D2F0.jpg (512x384, 38K)

>Spongebob
>Continuity
Since when? Spongebob has little Continuity to begin with. everything outside introducing the characters in season 1 might as well all be happening simultaneously. I'm still whip lashed by the fact the creators brought back 1 off jokes like bubble buddy and doodle bob. This is why a prequel/spinoff doesn't make sense because it implies there was a timeline outside of the beginning. I always saw spongebob the same way I see evil dead, There's a definite start but everything beyond that is up for debate.

It's mostly jews, I've never met anyone who went to summer camp who wasn't jewish.

So did Hillenburg die or was he...y'know...

>ron is jewish
my god, you're right

Attached: 1452127092326.gif (480x355, 436K)

>Hillenburg leaves after movie
>the series turns to shit but he still has a list of no's the the writers follow
>he comes back and the series gets a little better
>suddenly an incurable illness kicks in
>he dies
>spin off
Something smells, a kind of smelly smell that smells... smelly

How Nick sees Spongebob

Attached: $.jpg (720x537, 88K)

>thinking the audience score is a meaningful measure of quality
how embarassing

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x2712, 1.06M)

Grew up in the midwest and went to camp when I was in middle school for a summer. It was June through July of 1998. Yes, I'm an oldfag.

It was alright. No TV, had to pay a lot of quarters to use one of the five camp telephone booths. Subpar food and decent activities.

Worst thing I remember is some insane girl climbed up the outside of a lookout tower on a dare and ended up falling off like at least two or three stories. Broke one leg and both her arms.

I went to summer camp and am not Jewish. It was day camp though.

It was also a total shitshow. I snuck out of baseball to play tennis every day after the first because one of the people in baseball was a dickhead and every time he acted out the coach had us all run a lap, to the point that's basically all we did the first day. Nobody noticed until the final fucking day because they only did roll call on the first and last days.

You got me until the gods not dead part most of that is probably Christian nuts

I gotta watch it again, because I remember being pretty indifferent to it as a whole. The Spongebob/Plankton frenemies thing was the only thing I found pretty cute, but I dunno. I grew up on the classic 3 seasons and the movie so I don’t have much tolerance for the new stuff

It may be disrespectful but you know what’s the best part about being dead is? You don’t fucking care anymore.

A lot those movies the critics like are pretty bad. Specifically It Follows and It Comes at Night. Hell Hail Caesar is one of my least favorite Coen Brothers movies

I remember the final time I went to Boy Scout Camp they are chanted "traps are gay" at a feminine kid and his mom joined in. Not underage, just young.

desu the right side of the chart (I didn't make it) is the more relevant part to me, the garbo audiences like. But The Witch was great.

Ex-kike here. Can confirm I went to a summer camp. I hated it back then because I was a little crybaby bitch and just wanted to stay home, but looking back it was a good experience. Honestly every kid should go to summer camp

Only just, though.

Spinoffs almost never work. Especially if the main character was a main character of the original show.

If the camp is owned by Mr. Krabs it'd be "Krab's Kamp Koral".

It was already in production when he died

>prequel
>CG-animated
Real nice of them to greenlight this shit right after Stephen died, fuck Viacom.

Attached: image.jpg (650x506, 51K)

It's actually a Canadian thing, America has no wilderness or countryside but Canada is full of it

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate that critics overhype the shit out of crappy horror movies.
Horror is fucking dead.

>no one has posted this yet

twitter.com/paultibbitt/status/1136035312113553408

Attached: he_knows.png (1440x1214, 239K)

Total Drama's dead
and no that shitty spin off with the toddlers don't count

Have you never been to America?

>implying squidward isn’t an incel

>1998 is considered old fag now

What the fuck?

it means he's 35 or older, average user is 18 at best

Man you’re probably 20 years old right now that’s not Old by any standard

BOOHOO SPONGEBOB IS RUINED HOW DARE YOU INSULT THIS CARTOON IN 2019 BOO HOO 3D YUCK YUCKIE NOOOOOOOOO

couple things.

1.) you still watch nick/spongebob?????
2.) spongebob has been nickelodeon’s cash cow for 20 years. it’s like walking dead and fear the walking dead. they get more money for 2 shows from the same exact characters.

>methinks
cringe

>Since when?
Since Avatar pointed a gun to the industry's head to make sure that every cartoon has continuity.
Thats when.

???

He was in middle school in 98 so he was a preteen, that'd put him in this early-mid 30's now, which is an oldfag for Yea Forums standards. Yea Forums is largely 16-25 year olds. A lot of genuinely older users made money on shitcoins or found more niche communities to migrate to. /biz/ lost all its verified richfags in 2017 with the crypto flood.

I’m 31 and I don’t believe this. There are lots of other 30-somethings still here.

R-right, guys?

>VVitch
ftfy

based

Tibbett... not too good at running Spongebob, but he respects Steven a hell of a lot more than Vincent

Yes it counts. It's part of the franchise.

I've lost all respect for Vincent.

>changing "Rough Draft" to "Studio Mir"
Fuck off famicom, that's not what he said
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2007/11/flash-vs-traditional-vs-asia.html

They killed him, didn't they?

Attached: 1347731973655.jpg (368x348, 33K)

If you do that then Pokemon ended halfway into gen 2.

While I do think his illness was genuine, I can't help but feel Nick saw it as an opportunity to off him

Yeah, near the end of the show the writers stopped caring.

Watch some if you don't believe me. You won't because we all know it's unwatchable trash, but it's there.

I'd argue that Adventure Time is the show that pointed that gun.

AT is the show that made it so episodic cartoons needed to have some kind of ongoing story.

This
gb2reddit corporate cocksucker

Same user from here. I'm 32, about to be 33 later in the month.

Mostly on Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums, /k/, /g/, /k/, and /m/.

>America has no wilderness or countryside
Fucking what?

Just because nobody lives in Canada, doesnt negate how fucking huge America is.

dude

when bill watterson dies, there's going to be so much Calvin and Hobbes shit. reboots, merch, you name it.

i mean, look at what happened to Dr. Seuss after he died. Hollywood powerhouse! Mike Myers as the Cat in the Hat!

the important thing of course is that a single corporation or estate still controls it, not the public domain, so we get to Yea Forumsnsume without being able to capitalize on it ourselves, ever. we are but mere laborers, we don't deserve the means of production.

yippee!

Attached: mike myers cat in the hat.jpg (227x171, 7K)

Bill Watterson will take everything to the grave with him

I'm starting to wonder if authors should just write that their work becomes public domain upon their death, therefore making it harder for a single company to profit off the work as a whole because everyone can use it

He'll burn down his house with everything in it.

>I'm starting to wonder if authors should just write that their work becomes public domain upon their death, therefore making it harder for a single company to profit off the work as a whole because everyone can use it

that would be pretty cool. though I don't think Bill Watterson would do it because he's seen what bootlegs have already done. clearly the rest of us can't be trusted

though of course in 1998, Congress decided the public couldn't be trusted with works produced in 1923 so there you go.

Attached: very mature truck decal.jpg (541x569, 47K)

My first exposure to Calvin and Hobbes were those decalls. It's kind of ironic that Watterson refused licensing because hewanted people to discover C&H thru only the comic, yet for most kids it ended up being something as crude as the peeing stickers.

>implying Squidward isn’t gay

MONEY!!!

Pfffffhahahahahahaha

It's more of a boomer thing that's just stuck around.

Are you high. Dude even in a place like New York City, you drive a few hours upstate and you hit nothing but wilderness. Most of America is wilderness with cities sprinkled here and there

Oh shit, you might be getting somewhere, user

Attached: aww shiet.jpg (456x437, 36K)

no squiddy, no watchy

Yeah, it's this.

How old is he?

lol I'm 20 and I wasn't even born by the time he went to camp

Not sure about cartoons, but the Planet of the Apes prequel trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Deux Ex: Human Revolution are all great.

Most baby boomers and early Genxers went to camp.

>this NEEDS to be addressed
On the long list of things society needs to address, a children's cartoon getting a spinoff against the wishes of its creator is not fucking one of them.

By 2007 Rough Draft was already shit for 3 years and the king of Korean animation at the time was was JM Animation as Mir was not founded yet.

Once those animators left JM to find Mir they became the kings of Korean animation, Rough Draft only was good in the cel era, even 5 year olds know this.

No, it was Avatar:TLA.

That turned out to be false.