How'd he get so popular?

How'd he get so popular?

Attached: spongebob-squarepants-spinoff.jpg (620x421, 148K)

because he was invented by stephen hillenburg, who listened to ween, aka the greatest band of all time.

big ass eyes and you can tell who he is just with a silhouette
based

memes

Back then they were just quotable lines.

The early seasons were good.
Good things tend to become popular.

Than how did Yea Forums become popular?

Right place, right time.

god knows.

Simple designs, good characters, funny stories, and extremely quotable.

The anonymity and forbidden fruit aspect. Once the memes and greentext stories started to leak out people came to check it out.

as much as people like to say otherwise Yea Forums was usable at one poiint

Because how awful forum culture was. Yea Forums was a freedom of batshit insane mods and the brown-nosers that tried to cozy up to them.

This is why anonymity was so highly valued- because in forum culture everyone's were valued in exact proportion to how many kudos they have manifested (kind of like Reddit) and the actual value of what they were saying never even was questioned.

And this is why we're a culture of despising any degree of policing, moderation and censorship.

Newer fags like to interpret this as Yea Forums being some grand experiment on true Libertarian anonymity, true freedom of speech, and the value of positions as a whole. But really we were just made because SomethingAwful mods (and every other mod on the internet) were power-tripping bat-shits. We're just rooted in a tradition of being once-bitten by corrupt localized power structures and now twice-shy of the very notion of power structure.

weebs being fucking losers

By being a more marketable Rocko.

>brown-nosers that tried to cozy up to them.
Get on /qa/ right now, and you'll see a bunch of these brown nosers permanently trying that same tactic over and over until changes are made that fits their agenda.

Because people found the show funny and charming, which it was. Till at least the end of season 4.

I can rant about my hatred for minorities and not get banned while also complaining about the seasonal rot of steven universe

I love the idea of racial realists being such brainlets that they actually watch and discuss SU.

All Yea Forums is nowadays is a really shitty forum without usernames.

posting on Yea Forums makes me feel like a badass hacker

And then you turned into terrorists/became the poster child for awful forum culture

Attached: Chanboardsofpeace.jpg (636x382, 77K)

>this little spongy boi has been a pop sensation for the past decades, and basically, you're an idiot. Find out how!

Attached: Spongeboy Squareformula.jpg (960x744, 99K)

Shockingly cynical side characters offsetting the protagonist's sentimental and naive natures (Mr. Krabs, Squidward, Ms. Puff, Plankton, etc.) and it's handled in a way that's never overdone. It's just made clear that these people have fucking problems of their own.

Even in their own colorful aquatic world, Spongebob and Patrick are fish out of water.

Attached: 112eqw3445.jpg (553x1030, 110K)

waah waah

STOP STARING AT ME WITH THEM BIG OL' EYES