Lets talk about some of the worst thought out match ups in comics

Lets talk about some of the worst thought out match ups in comics.

Like that time Venom fought Superman, and won.

Attached: 1687703-vvs3.jpg (656x1012, 244K)

or that time Black Panther beat Silver Surfer with a chokehold

Attached: 1796543-scan0016.jpg (1280x1973, 688K)

>Superman and Venom fight
>Venom wins
Yes. Good. After all, 2 are better than 1

Attached: Bh1tb710d0.jpg (500x691, 85K)

It was a crossover between teen titans/DC and Naruto but somehow Sasuke lost to ROBIN when the Sauce had every conceivable advantage

i could see robin possibly being able to beat pre chunin exams sasuke, thats about it though

I don't have the page but that time Catwoman beat Talia Al Ghul in a sword fight.
It gets extra shit points for having Talia talk about how she was trained since birth to hold and fight with a sword while Catwoman just says "yeah, i've only ever used a sword like once or twice in my whole, but i'm still totally beating you right now, nothin personnel kid"

and it wasn't even a short fight, it can't be said that it was a suprise attack or anything. It kept happening.

Attached: 1687735-vvs5.jpg (658x996, 200K)

Pretty sure even pre chunin Sauce can rip Robin's arms off. When a preteen is that powerful an older, more experienced and powerful version should not lose. Granted he let Robin get to him by talking

Attached: 1687730-vvs4.jpg (662x1015, 206K)

Attached: 810872-rulk.jpg (770x510, 109K)

Black Cat once fought the Lizard and more or less won.

>more popular character wins
Yeah, so?

Wasnt this written by that black supremacist guy?

this was based

what are you implying, user?

No, it was McDuffie, everyone just assumes that it was Hudlin.

Oh interesting. Probably because it's so ridiculous it seems like something Hudlin would write

This shit is so weird in retrospect. He was so overhyped for a hot minute, treated like he was the ultimate power house. Then he slowly started losing momentum. Now he's not even a thing. Hell, even his replacement isn't a thing anymore. Red Hulk is gone twice over.

I'm not implying anything, I'm flat out stating Venom was more popular
Remember that in the 90s Spawn was outselling everyone and edge was very much in

That's ALL Red Hulk was when they were pushing him though. Just drumming up attention from beating people up.
And now that regular Hulk has his radiation absorption powers, It seems less likely they will feel the need to bring him back.

I friggin love this. Sauce?

Allegedly it was intended to be Silver Surfer playing along and it being obvious he was but the art doesn't convey it. But why would a genius like BP not know it wouldn't work unless he knew that SS would play along?

How is this even possible?

Not bringing up 3 flashes

>But why would a genius like BP not know it wouldn't work unless he knew that SS would play along?
Just get a job at Marvel in 10 years, and retcon that they both practiced it beforehand for some really long plan.

So they're pro wrestlers?

Niggas, please

Attached: Batwank.jpg (1376x1191, 806K)

In all fairness, this was at a time in Supe's history that they had greatly ramped back his power level.

Kids dont remember that the late-70s, early-80s hulk wasn't the Worldbreaker Hulk they assume is the default state these days. In his own comic, the Hulk had been knocked out by gas a half-dozen times in the year around this Bat v Hulk fight, it was the typical method of subduing the big green ape.

Now THAT was some bullshit. But I don't expect hack comic book writers to understand a thing about leverage

Well I was planning on getting a job there so I could retcon Slott's run on ASM but it looks like it's either mostly forgotten or getting undone anyway by Spencer.

Before symbiotes were retcon into being FRAGMENTS OF DARKNESS Venom's power level was already higher than tank-lifting Spider-Man, putting him just behind the top hitters of the Marvel universe. SINCE the retcon there might be no upper limit on symbiotes, and the fact they are made from darkness means some author could wank them into sapping sunlight.

Venom knocking around Supes until Supes gets fed up enough to throw him into the sun makes a lot of sense.

That can at least be stupidly explained by Selina having "catlike reflexes" so she can somehow react that fast.

But defeating Talia in a sword fight despite never seemingly held one before?

>Kids dont remember that the late-70s, early-80s hulk wasn't the Worldbreaker Hulk they assume is the default state these days.
He was still incredibly tough. Adamantium wasn't even able to scratch him back in the day.

If you're going to post the worst, then post the worst.

Attached: WolverineLobo.jpg (1259x1920, 674K)

tha fuck?

Attached: hank hill mad.jpg (205x286, 9K)

>symbiotes were retconned into being FRAGMENTS OF DARKNESS
Why do they keep ruining things I like?

didn't they retcon it to Lobo beng paid off to take a dive

I think it was later said by the writer that Logan slipped Lobo a 50$ bill under the counter so he'd drop the fight.
Also, take into account that who would win each fight was polled and fans could vote on; they had the fight behind the bar because the writer could not think of any reasonable way in which Logan could beat Lobo.

Didn’t Surfer later say he let himself get caught by Black Panther? Idk if that’s what happens on the next page, but if it doesn’t then holy shit, this page is dumb.

Like that time Wolverine fought Lobo and win. i like Logan , but this is a bullshit even for me.

Man, remember when Hulk was gassed every other issue? And the same thing happened with Spiderman? There was a moment in marvel where any villain could use gas at any given moment and win.

Whoa Red Hulk can kick One Punch Man's ass, nice

If only somebody bothered to tell Superman to use his heat vision...or yell really loud.

Why does everyone ignore the part where Batman tried this a second time?

Attached: wgcWuvQtBQjUwR9P9rx2wd9x9it9sY_RYzNfFCb7LnI5RgrvDBPtA49Rn2s__niKu2Mb6dfZ7nE5=s1600.jpg (1177x1600, 792K)

At least Pete worked out a gas mask, but I don't remember it being used past that

The red hulk is based.

I remember when I first read this, I had no idea what was wrong with it

Totally ridiculous, who honestly thought Mary-Jane could stand up to Spider-Man?

Attached: 22.jpg (956x1055, 268K)

Marvel vs DC was decided by polls and ballots at your local comic book store

It was the mid 90s, Wolverine was as big as ever. Lobo didn't stand a chance.

Attached: 34q20hv.jpg (481x827, 105K)

Man, that disco Nightwing costume was sure something.

Selina>Talia.

Selina has taken out Cheetah, Croc, and Barbara. Talia can't even beat her 10 year old child and had to create a lab monstrosity to kill him. Talia is fucking pathetic, deal with it.

Because Marvel hires writers that write worse than shit.

Luckily, Bats wasn't using adamantium batarangs in the image we're discussing, but knockout gas.

Which, as already stated, was a common method that writers used to take down the Hulk in his own comic.

I swear, some people respond to threads not to add anything, they just like the sound of their keyboards clicking away.

It's more that Batman could knock the breath out of the fucking Hulk with a kick

Attached: harley-quinn-escapes-from-the-trinity-3.jpg (1008x1600, 377K)

I'm glad my husbando dabbed on Supes.

Julian?

I have zero problem with Supes beating Thor, as he mentions in this panel the simple fact is that DC power levels historically have been considerably higher than Marvel power levels.

But I really wish Busiek would've not had Supes catch Mjolnir. One of the most magical artifacts in both universes, crackling with magical lightning, and Supes with magical vulnerability catches it with no harm at all? Super-speed dodge that shit, heat-vision the hammer out of Thor's hand, a gazillion other ways the matter could've been handled better. But catching the hammer should've resulted in a fine mist of kryptonian blood and tissue matter.

I'm still of the mindset that Busiek deliberately left the controversial battle scene in to leave the outcome in a state of perpetual argument.

Attached: supes.jpg (613x420, 87K)

Attached: 1501611523336.png (1140x757, 36K)

I'm sad they're gone, even with their furry side bullshit they were the best compliments to Chris on the show and brought actual discussions instead of continuous gags for a series

fan voted. so wolvie won
other writers later did retcon it so say xavier paid lobo to take a dive

Attached: wolverine.jpg (469x408, 41K)

I don't know what's worse, Batman jobbing like that or WW not knowing how fast Superman is

mjolnir has been damaged or even outright destroyed several times over the years.

Attached: thorhammera.jpg (425x419, 89K)

not wonder woman holding thor hammer? only to drop it to give a 'fair' fight to storm. and then storm zaps her 2 times with lightning and wins.

Attached: WonderWomanHammer.jpg (526x350, 195K)

His "magical vulnerability" means jack shit

kinda work if ivy made her a super-soldier like in no man's land

Let's not pretend like we didn't know the SS was faking here. The real issue is BP thinking he was holding the guy at all

As ridiculous as these other fights are, this one just doesn't make any sense. I just...

When was this?

When I read this as a kid I expected him to have at least some secret plan.
But it really just turned out as exactly as expected

Attached: I made a huge mistake.jpg (888x1021, 298K)

Black Bolt Jobbed to Emma frost twice in physical combat.

Attached: also Emma has faster reaction speeds than Illyanaa psylock and archangel.jpg (1041x1600, 495K)

What the shit

>It seems less likely they will feel the need to bring him back
Don't bet on that. Ross is dead and it has been shown dead Gamma mutants are coming back to life and Betty is now a Red Harpy instead of a green one. I hope Ross comeback as an avatar of the OBA for one glorious final mirror match between them

>Why do people only post cherry picked pages and panels
Because then it wouldn't be bait anymore

>It ain't gonna suck itself bub

Superman's mullet always bugged me

>use gas at any given moment and win
What kind of censorship encourages gas but no gun?

Superman having a mullet didn't bother me. Clark Kent having one did, walking around the office in his suits and a fucking mullet.

Fuck jeph Loeb