ITT: Comic games that aren't trash

Attached: ultimate destruction.jpg (220x312, 37K)

No, I disagree

>Spiderman
2 (GC/PS2/Xbox version), Web of Shadows, PS4. I liked some others, but off the top of my head these are the best ones. I do have nostalgia for the first movie's game though.
>X-Men
The Origins:Wolverine tie-in is actuslly not bad. I love the sequence where you fight a Sentinel. To all you zoomers: movie tie-in games usually injected a lot of stuff that wasn't in the actual movie, otherwise you'd have 3-4 levels of action. Also, they were being made while the movie was made, therefore the devs wouldn't necessarily have all the plot details aside from the obvious (I.e. Green Goblin kidnaps MJ). So yes, the Origins game has Sentinels! It gets very repetitive, but it's mainly just fun to see M-rated Wolverine carnage. 6/10 game IMO.
>Batman
Arkham series of course, you can skip Origins.

The marvel ultimate alliance games are pretty good overall, and the DC injustice and MvC games are well regarded fighting games

Spiderman PS4

This was actually better than the unlicensed followups (Prototype).
But yeah, Sunsoft's Batman games, Capcom's X-Men/Marvel games, Neversoft's Spider-Man, Arkham Asylum.
I'd struggle to call that more than middling. It's all polish, no substance.

>skip origins

It was better than Knight desu

Attached: 1558895466624.jpg (651x800, 221K)

I beat origins for the first time not too long ago and it was even worse than I expected. What a fucking slog. Voice acting changes was the least of its issues. First two arkham games are still the best.

>The marvel ultimate alliance games are pretty good overall,
add Lego Marvel Superheroes, SNES Turtles in Time along with The Punisher Capcom arcade and you got yourself the funnest co-op games of Yea Forums.

Asylum was the only good one. The entire game was built around a labyrinth map and stealth, but the sequels blew everything up and added more filler without changing the core gameplay to compensate. Combat was the messy compromise on how to make the player feel cool when not doing stealth/if they messed up and the sequels doubled down on this weak element instead of fixing it.

City is fine. Certainly not bad and people considered it the best batman game for years. Most still do.

Controls in Spider-Man are tight, and the boss fights are good

I will never understand why people think Web of Boredom is a good game.

I really want a X-men game made by Suckerpunch

Yeah, and a lot of people are dumb. It's not as bad as the other two, but it's a big step down. It's new features were pure bloat, writing was worse, and instead of almost uniformly fantastic quality with one stain (Venom Joker), it was mostly middling with one standout (Freeze).

most comic games are good though, I thought the common perception was that

I agree.
Problem is that the enemy design is terrible, the game is way too reliant on set pieces, and most of the content is repetitive and uninspired. I love(d?) Insomniac, but Spider-Man made a lot of the same mistakes later Ratchet game did. That combat system is just BEGGING for well designed encounters with a wide variety of creative enemies, but the game sticks to braindead waves of generic goons because the team was too focused on the one-run linear narrative experience. It's part of why the DLC kinda sucks, it's not focused on the good parts of the game.

>One big city separated into distinct objective boxes that you can play in as a disguised jetpack soldier.
Why?

Iron Man had a fun gba game. Simple stuff where you shoot robots

this one ;)

Attached: Hulk_Coverart.png (220x311, 145K)

>ps4 cucks

sorry boys, but there's only ONE good Spider Man game

Attached: spider man 1.jpg (342x339, 36K)

>The Punisher Capcom arcade

I would mention too Capcom's Alien Vs Predator and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. Both are arguably even better beat 'em ups and 100% Yea Forums related.

>ITT: Old game good, new game baaaaaad!

Attached: 1385094714009.jpg (207x208, 11K)

Simplistic compared to Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but not bad. For a AA game the voice acting was legit and alot of the special moves were cool.

Attached: 51e-0+jPfTL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 30K)

user that with infamous on mind. Think of scaling an entire city as wolverine or shooting down planes as Cyclops.

Name 4 good comic-based games released this decade

Attached: 1444831687982.jpg (678x905, 487K)

yeah the PS4 one

this but unironically

PS4 Spiderman and God of war

If that was true, nobody would be complimenting Arkham.

>skipping Origins
Why would you skip the best game in the series?

>a good plot that doesn't go one billion ways and ties everything together unlike City
>has the good structure of Asylum and the big fun city of City
>not obnoxious with the riddler stuff like city and Knight
>Actually uses Joker in an interesting way
and better voices for Batman and Joker

>Too stupid to address criticism, better make a strawman.

Not the same user but
Batman Arkham Series
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Both Injustice games
Spiderman PS4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2

Hey, I'm just parroting the consensus there. Personally I had fun with Origins too. Not as much as the rest of the series though.
Haven't played it in 9 years, but I remember the swinging being very fluid and fast, which is what I missed in Spiderman 3's game.

Web of Shadows also had some of the best and most original boss fights in a Spider-Man game. I mean, they made fighting an usually lame villain like the Vulture into an exhilarating setpiece where you desperately try to stay airborne.

Shit, even that meme fight with Wolverine with the ridiculous quiz was at least inventive.

>nobody would be complimenting Arkham
On the other hand, you have people in the thread saying that only the first game was any good.

She would work better as a villain at this point.

Attached: jean_grey_by_dan_mora-dacqtx7.jpg (600x927, 142K)

Yeah, and that isn't NEW BAD, they literally explain why they think that's the case. Maybe try having a discussion instead of shouting memes.

I always had a laugh with god mode on and then playing the bruce levels and just trying to beat up the soldiers or hulk dogs and then laughing as bruce gets ragdolled

God, I miss this game so fucking much.

Attached: Sadness.jpg (227x157, 6K)

It runs dandy on Dolphin. Fire it up and give it a go.

I remember finding the Bruce Banner sections of this to be incredibly difficult.

>Surf the Web! Surf the Web!
I think what I remember most fondly about the PS1 games was "What If?" Mode.

Where they went out of their way to basically add in a second playthough that had a bunch of comedic moments parodying itself. Mysterio's head was now a fish bowl, JJJ plays Marco Polo with the Scorpion while he's trying to kill him, Black Cat is imprisoned because she can't bring herself to stop dancing to the music that they're playing over the speakers. Just a bunch of dumb jokes that really got me as a kid.

Attached: literary girl.jpg (225x350, 28K)

It only becomes trash once you hit that massive difficulty spike about five hours in and you gotta drastically adjust your play style/farm for a bit to become a bigger badass.

Knight had some good ideas and potential, yet did little or nothing with them.

Principle among them was Batman getting unmasked. Fuck all that shit about the fear toxin and Batman destroying the trust between members of the Bat family, start with something like THAT. I'd rather have seen the plot build itself up from there after the craziness of Arkham City.