Unsounded

Double update today.

Attached: ch14_50[1].jpg (600x900, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107861519/#107861843
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lem
: (

Attached: ch14_51[1].jpg (600x900, 218K)

Didn't their religion say that they killed god?

they worship the guy that killed the gods as god

>it is called Sounding

Ha, nice subtle title allusion.

He's talking about finding Ssael

>this user will turn out to be right after all
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107861519/#107861843

Not really an allusion to the title. The Unsounded is basically where souls go, nobody knows what it's like because they can't sound it

Duane's like wtf bro I was trying to nerd out with you and you lose your shit. Fine, I'll hug you.

Duane is so clueless as to how fucked up his little brother is.

whats with the chocolate pussy

The Unsounded refers to the deepest depth of the Khert where farcyte crystals cannot see and supposedly was the resting spot of the gods, Even Ilganyag doesn't know what's down there.

>Ask god why
Why Ssael, why did you pump and dump the titty bird?

Attached: 1512792064605.jpg (481x415, 56K)

And then Bastion told him the only way to do the deep sound is for duane to get plodded

I was thinking that too, probably what Ashley meant by one of these flashback convos sealing his fate

So Sette has the magic digging hands that let her free murkoph from his prison and Duane has that soul tether thing that lets him go to and come back from the khert every night. Are they going to be spelunking the great Unsounded? For what purpose? It's clear if this fully bastions or Ilganyag's plan. Though I doubt Winalils learned about Sette without her help.

Or so she claims.

spoiler: Unsounded is a metaphor for Ashley's sexual frustration and how Scrying(using hands) isn't enough.

IS THAT TRUE

>It's clear if this fully bastions or Ilganyag's plan
Bastion wants immortality. Being able to find all your old memories and tether them to a body in the living world would fit that description so being able to sound the Unsounded would be a must, if that's his intention. But as far as titty bird goes we don't actually know what her game is. She wants freedom from her imprisonment but that's only part of it. Who or what else she might seek and if any of it is in the unsounded is unconfirmed.

P T S D

Damn, its fun to see Duane geeking out over all this. And its nice to see the Silver Third-Option in the bottom left of that flashback. But man does it hurt to see Lemuel like this.

And yeah, I'm agreeing with everyone else's interpretations. This is basically what encourages Lem to help Bastion and the assassination, in order to let his brother sound the great unsounded.

Why what? Why he had to suffer through all that ptsd? Why souds always have had to be treated like shit?

That boy ain't right

Well I mean he's what, fourteen and already a battle-hardened veteran?
It's a wonder that he isn't even more mentally broken.

So Lem is desperate for something that allows him to talk to God, and years later Bastion suggests how to make an immortal who won't dissolve into the Khert, and that has to be Duane?
I can get behind that, Duane even has a safety line to his body when his soul goes to the Khert, which might let him explore the deepest depths. But nobody could possible know that, especially not Lem? Duane's a first (as far as anyone knows), so the mechanics were unknown to anyone

duane is such a wonderful nerd
and lems needs the hugs
all the hugs

So you have to... get a zombie up in the "khert"? And there's bird in there? I think this metaphor breaks down pretty quickly.

>he doesn't know about vagina birds

look at this virgin

Aw, poor babby

>it is called sounding
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is it, this is what seals his fate, this is where the name of the comic comes from. Duane will sound the unsounded to ask Ssael why for Lem

Moron

Finally somebody notices that what "scryestones" are made of is called "farsight."

But hey would the pun land as obviously if you were speaking your native language of Tainish?

Based on Lemuel's description it's probably some equally stupid pun in that language. Or it's just an incredibly silly sounding name. I hope it's the former.

and Ssael wil answer "why what? You have to be specific"

So Lemuel heard that his brother, while off getting his ed-ju-ma-cation, used a device called a "telescope" that allowed him to "peer into the heavens." And consequently wanted to make him an astronaut so that he could march right up to the throne of God? And the best opportunity he found for doing that was from a mad alchemist who could turn him into an unfortunately-demonic-looking bat-mutant-hybrid but that would have wings so he could soar?

Eh, too clumsy an analogy, this. It's just that it strikes me as being something of a mundane misunderstanding, for his world (not getting the implications of scrying) that, if this really is it, led to such a debacle.

I am now envisioning Ssael speaking with the voice of Wallace Shawn.

Attached: q41.jpg (560x314, 15K)

Just... all of it. Just, why the whole thing.

As I recall Ssaelit theology more or less says Ssael is there, at the heart of everything and with his hands at the control panel, but he won't change a goddamn thing about the stupid shitty world whose gods he killed until every single person alive accepts Ssael as their personal lord and savior, more or less. So maybe why that.

Duane really is the best father figure you could ask for.

A general question of why has been a fundamental question philosophers have been pondering for millennia. Or we could slightly alter it to, what is the meaning of life?

He seems like he's good when he's home but he's too focused on his personal goals to be home often enough. Physically and otherwise.

This is our first time seeing Sarthos in the comic proper, right?

Attached: IMG_20190605_075402.jpg (198x173, 23K)

Imagine being bullied by insects

I dunno, does that scene happen in Interior Emanations? Would Sarthos sit by like that? Just as likely it's some silver dude doesn't give a fuck.

Attached: sarthos.png (640x300, 344K)

>Mayflies bully him in school
>Regular flies bully his corpse now
Pottery

>Would Sarthos sit by like that?
Eh, maybe? She was really nice once they became friends, but Duane had been bullied his whole time at school and there was no indication she had done much about it beforehand. Makes sense for her to keep out of the tormentors way - she's not exactly top of the pecking order herself.

No, he won't fiddle with the controls until every last human being has joined him in the khert and they can make a new world together.

Yes, and according to Ashley also the last.

It’s his coat and haircut, look at the illustration of Duane and Sarthos talking. Looks just like him

Let's not be ridiculous, now. That's clearly a COMPLETELY different blue-on-navy coat, not Sarthos' navy-on-blue coat. And surely nobody would be so crazy as to own BOTH.

Attached: emanations01.jpg (800x687, 245K)

poor lad can't catch a break

Since Dwayne "The Bone Zone" Ah-Dee-Lee-Yay can use robot eyes I wonder if he can also use robot limbs?
>End of the book and he's become a 99% Pymaric cyborg ass-obliterator

But then I don't know if there's a setting-equivalent to Antimagic Field, so that could also be a crippling weakness.

He's already a pymaric. That's why the First Silver stabbing him messed him up so bad - it interfered with the spellery keeping him not-dead. So adding some artificial limbs shouldn't hurt.

Antimagic would not work on pymarics since they have their own khert. Which is the whole reason they need first materials.

>Duane looks older and more masculine here than in the "present"
Tricky Third Options, stealing manliness aspect from unsuspecting nerds

Just siphoned some solidity out of his jaws.

Speaking of, man 'plastic' surgery in Kasslyne must be real simple.

oh hey the thread isn't dead by the time I woke up this time

Probably why he had to watch his two friends die violent horrible deaths, why he's part of a race that's heavily discriminated against, etc etc

Pymary is mostly limited by the number of things wrights simply haven't even thought to TRY yet

But Ssael doesn't know why, that's why he killed the gods for fucking it all up to begin with

wait, did lemuel know/ help with the assasination? thats what the comments in this thread seem to be suggesting

When you put the pieces together it seems like he must have.

Him crying as he watches Duane walk off AND being there to snag him right when he zombified AND him being connected to the patrols who were missing during the attack on Duane is just too much coincedence for me. Any one of these would be a flag, all 3 are a blaring fucking band.

Well, the standard conceit is he [humans rise up]'d because the gods were fucking cunts who made the world horrible for a laugh

There's a lot indicating this.
>His being extremely agitated and crying when Duane leaves the him just before he and Mickie are killed
>Knowing that Duane was going to be resurrected and that he needed to get him away before Bastion came for him
>Motives including knowing the rebalancing of the Council was imminent and perhaps feeling the need to drum up support for the aldish Ssaelit by staging Crescian/Gefendur murder of a ssaelit priest and composer candidate
Probably more that I'm missing atm

He fairly certainly wasn't actually there when it happened though, since Ashley confirmed there were no glamors used

The gold eye and blonde hair reflected here make me think he was there for the aftermath at least.

Attached: ch01_17.jpg (600x900, 150K)

Not to mention
>He already had pymaric eyes available, when those are notoriously expensive and hard to get hold of (Quigley still can't get Matty a pair).
>Bastion got attacked by someone during or shortly after Duane's murder, and commented to Rahm that he learned "all Adeliers" are dangerous
My opinion is that Lemuel agreed to turn over his brother, but pulled a double-cross.

Attached: 20cb851e2c85dd022df964a5bdcab7fb34c2a107f935167e366b50848238ae4c.jpg (800x800, 165K)

I wonder - has Duane stopped to consider the 'convenience' that Lemuel was there to help him so conveniently and effectively?

Attached: really makes you think dont it.png (241x401, 102K)

He couldn't fathom a man of God and a stand up ald like Lemuel to consort with such subterfuge and blasphemy. He's too focused on the monster HE became that night

He'll be devastated

More than that I think he just loves the fuck out of his brother, and could never suspect him of something like this.

Based on how angry Duane got when Quigley asked him
>What did they do to you before they threw you out
and Sette asking him
>You really scared of Cresce? Or Alderode?
I think it is reasonable to say that he suspects something was fishy about his murder. But he really, really does not want to think about it. So, like any good idealogue, he doubles down on his comfortable illusions and old beliefs.

Why are Silvers so darn pretty? I've yet to see an ugly Silver in this comic, male or female.

There were some ugly Silvers at the council meeting back in chapter 7.

Ugly ones probably get locked away deep in their ghers. Silvers are vicious with each other

Their waifus are downright deadly good.