OLD GOOD

OLD GOOD
CALARTS BAD

Attached: 1529291813030.png (782x978, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PzwdVmoaY_k
imgur.com/gallery/jvePVEJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you are too stupid to get it right?
This old school art style was popular back then because they wanted the characters to look manly and comic like
The calarts style is used because it’s cheap to make
That’s why people hate calarts faggot, every other art style requires talent, calarts can be done by a child

If your example is against the fucking 70s and 80s (aka the dark age) yeah your cancer is pretty shit

>hating on scooby doo

Attached: 1555709019480.jpg (250x188, 17K)

Calarts style is just something John K made up because he hated Iron Giant. Everything you said is just nonsense.

Attached: iron giant mansley.jpg (500x500, 40K)

>Actually believing the carats style meme

Attached: 16847.jpg (398x384, 54K)

Everything was more detailed and anatomical so same face syndrome is more excusable than characters who are basically quick circles.

That's a good style while Calarts look fucking gay

*calarts

I've done a fool of myself by not checking before posting

Based.

kys samefag

I dunno user, I'd fuck most of these faces.

Scooby doo was 69
Not everything in the dark age was bad

>Everything was more detailed and anatomical
>so same face syndrome is more excusable
Did you work hard to be that wrong?

I think the other guy will agree everyone still spouting "calarts style!" is a casual who sucks cock. I figure it came back because youtubers finally got around to saying it or something?

Attached: yikes.png (357x103, 4K)

It's excusable when the characters are manly, not when they're soi incarnate.

It never went away, you dumb tranny.

Someone's upset for getting called out! Welcome to Yea Forums!

They’re all manly faces but they’re still different faces. What’s you point? That saying not to use a low effort style is akin to having ever character be a completely different body and facial type? Because that is a dumb comparison.

He's correcting you for being a fool. You shouldn't 'welcome' someone when you clearly haven't been here for more than a year.

Don't know about you but most of those faces look distinct. CalArts bean mouth is just very ugly.

>He's correcting you for being a fool.
You don't have to pretend other users are jumping to defend you, kiddo.

I think an important question is: did John K ever directly create anything as good as Iron Giant?

Everyone hated that art style as well but at least it was manly and cool.

The fuck is his problem with Iron Giant?

youtube.com/watch?v=PzwdVmoaY_k

Attached: 1551763275791.gif (200x207, 2.02M)

(You)

Attached: 1534403421821.png (1224x1140, 243K)

>it isnt lazy cheap animation STOP QUESTIONING IT AND SWALLOW THIS TURD DAMMIT
you have to go back

These four characters don't look alike, which is more than you can say for Calarts Bean style characters

Attached: four.png (311x370, 160K)

Hmmm, I don't see any bean mouths and joint-less rubber tentacle limbs... so the artist behind these had skill.

Unlike the crap I see pumped out today.

>the animation sucked, but at least all the dudes were buff and handsome and manly

hmm...

Attached: hothead you.png (355x123, 5K)

They could all be from the same cartoon
Characters from Steven Universe would be out of place in Star Vs more so than any of those characters would be in the shows they are from

>old good, because old
>new bad, because not old

Animation today is easier than ever with advances in technology. There is literally no fucking excuse for animating objectively worse than what people could do 30 years ago.

The term has been co opted.

>They could all be from the same cartoon
Sure I'll grant you that.
>Characters from Steven Universe would be out of place in Star Vs
Not design wise. In terms of characterization, maybe, but that's a different story.

Yes, and...?

Have you watched those 30-year-old animations recently? To even say they're animated is to be generous.

The art style is ugly as sin

Does anyone seriously defend Filmation, Ruby-Spears, etc.?

yes, in this very thread. It's sad but true

And yet its still somehow better than some of what gets shit out nowadays

Saying stupid wrong shit on the internet like this can't be fun enough to justify the time you're spending doing it

I will defend Bravestarr to my grave.
Not for the animation, granted, but it is a violation entity that I love and respect.

weak bait is weak

>i dont like it so its bad
that soii tast good faggot?

yes and?

Attached: for ants.png (79x81, 6K)

>Reddit meme
Quality shitposting. Even I'm mad even though it's obvious bait

Attached: Know-Your-Meme_Eat-My-Ass-Boy-FuckUForReadingThis.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

I miss classic QUALITY threads.
imgur.com/gallery/jvePVEJ

I'm a little disappointed that no one has pointed out that half of those are animated and reinterpreted by Japanese studios like Sunrise at the request of their American producers. Not that it changes much, but it provides some context on the concept of trends both in the past and today, and how flexible artists really can (or cannot be).

the way her cleavage is drawn makes it look like it's having a seizure, jesus. disney really was never good at the goods if you catch my drift

Imagine being this wrong

>see see i posting bad animation that means there was no good animation and youre wrong
retard

The cleavage line is actually an edit.

then the person who did that fucked up bad.

baste

It looks the same as that awful Adam Sandler cartoon.

>white men have man features, and white skin
what a scoop!

no. Stop that revisionism, 00's clown. Stop spreading your fanfictions like that. It's something you have to deal with your dad by yourself, we aren't going to pretend his life was different so you can get your HRT.

funny because that's the entire appeal of john k's style is that it's an ugly piece of shit but it's super fluid.

you know that these designs are based on realistic proportions and features yea?

>Then
Attractive heterosexual caucasian men with values
>Now
Brown blobs who teach children to be gay and fuck animals

Attached: 1546386063121.jpg (600x554, 51K)

Attached: 1553856716300.jpg (125x93, 1K)

Attached: thisonlymakessenseifyou'veheardthealbumversion.jpg (743x552, 125K)

>OLD GOOD
>CALARTS BAD
I don't disagree with this in the slightest

This, The "Calarts Style" hasn't been used in over 20 years. It should be called the beanface style instead. The majority of the animators who are called "Calarts" didn't even go there. It's more of a corporate stylistic choice than an animated one.

Filmation did some good stuff, however Hanna-Barbara and Ruby-Spears was always shit.

Attached: 1506454614328.gif (220x212, 2.57M)

>The "Calarts Style" hasn't been used in over 20 years.
Imagine this level of fanaticism and revisionism, just to defend a few billionaire corporations..... In fucking 2019.

Did you actually read the rest of his post?

John K is a fucking asshole that hates everything he didn't work on and also hates everything he worked on

John K is talentless, he gets mad at other animators because they aren't perfectionists like him. I find it funny he constantly spregs about others going off-model yet all he can make is gross out. His only claim to fame was R&S but even then most of the good episodes were made by Games.

Attached: 1523331672684.jpg (640x536, 54K)

his lack of talent doesn't make his criticism any less valid

>Not design wise
Yes design wise
The character designs look nothing alike

You could pick any two random characters and they would be more different than Prince Adam and Lion O

this is wrong though, he has and still praises tons of shit, they just happen to not be your sacred bean smile garbage.

>OLD BAD
>SO NEW BAD IS OKAY AS WELL

>this is wrong though, he has and still praises tons of shit,
The only thing he remotely likes is Hanna Barbara. If that’s the only thing you enjoy, then you deserve to be called out for having shit taste.

you know he praised the shit out of rebecca sugar and SU right?

Not ALL of those are same face

Same animation team IIRC.

Internet art connoisseurs are retarded, news at 11.

You’re comparing well sculpted and proportionally drawn masculine heads with formless beanmouth. You don’t have to be a faggot to see the obvious decline in quality

>The only thing he remotely likes is Hanna Barbera
And Warners and Fleischers and some Disney and some UPA

>the dark ages
animation wasn't just the early 90's faggot

Are you retarded? The dark age followed the golden age (30s-50s)

All of those are superior cartoons to anything produced today

>Are you retarded?
t.retard poster

You said 70's and 80's as dark ages. Basic reading comprehension are your friend. Zoom zoom!

>You said 70's and 80's as dark ages
I'm not him. Why are you defending dogshit 70s and 80s animation?

Consistency is a good thing in style, user.

Or had you not noticed that Cal-Arts style also tends to vary wildly while still looking overly simple?