THIS EXISTED AND IT COMPLETELY SLIPPED PAST MY RADAR

THIS EXISTED AND IT COMPLETELY SLIPPED PAST MY RADAR.
HOW THE FUCK

Attached: b7baiypjd8921.jpg (2764x4096, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvqvRoMQ2Z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The novelty wore off after the first one.

But it was still pretty good though..

It was barely advertised. There were tons of people who completely missed it.

Because you are not a truly legoautist. I was waiting for this movie for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvqvRoMQ2Z8
FYI, the soundtrack version of this has an extra verse

It was more of the same. Cool visuals, humor that does nothing for me, positive moral about playing togetherm

It leaned a bit too much into the whole Time Travel and Real world stuff which was kinda immersion breaking. I mean it was still pretty cool and everything. Just needed a bit more

Best girl

Attached: tumblr_pmox8apdpM1tkkcm2_1280.jpg (1280x1462, 312K)

Best character

Ah, i see you have taste as well.

Attached: download.jpg (1000x1105, 168K)

My brother from another mother

Attached: SPOILER_sweets.png (683x774, 567K)

1. Lego fatigue. If they had released the movie before Ninjago burst the bubble it might have stood a chance. But now there are too many Lego movies and the quality has gone down and the appeal is gone.

2. It also decided to make gender politics (a controversial double edged sword) the main focus and make time travel a central plot of the movie. All of this requires a great skill of writing to pull which it didn’t (heck, most of the positive reviews on RT are critics going meh. It has a score because the meh’s were counted as positive).

>It also decided to make gender politics (a controversial double edged sword) the main focus
Thanks for telling us you never actually watched the movie.

>Emmet finally gains abilities that set him apart as being special.
>Gives them up for Lucy.

I don't watch TV and I still managed to see commercials and hear about it outside of Yea Forums. Maybe you live under a rock or somewhere outside of the US.

The real best characters in here.

Attached: 1552519246097.png (1280x706, 232K)

The only thing he did different was being a "master breaker" which he can still do. Hell Wyldstyle can do that.

what makes Emmet special is the unique way he sees the world and the things that perspective inspires him to create.
and just because everyone has that ability due to everyone having their own unique way of seeing the world doesn't make him any less special, because something unique in an infinite ocean of unique things is still the only thing able to produce the specific things it does
that was the whole point of the first movie

>LEGO Movie
'what the fuck would a LEGO movie even look like? I better go see it and find out'

>LEGO Movie 2

'oh hey, another kids movie, looks neat I guess'

When everyone is special, everyone still is.

He literally just proved his own point on why no one watched it, all the advertisements kept beating down on Emmet for being a boy and that turned away a lot of the potential market.

The storybeats weren't as tight and the 'real world' stuff is a bit more goofy (it'd be kind of hard to pull that off when the audience already knows), but it was still funny and had neat creative ideas as well as relatable commentary on sibling relationships and growing up.

I really enjoyed the songs as well.

It's weird.
I saw one advert really early on and then nothing new until the release.

I think the first movie benefited a lot from good word of mouth. This sequel was okay, but not great or even good. It needed to edit itself down and slow down. As it was, it suffered a lot of the same problems as Ralph Breaks the Internet: too many ideas explored in a shallow way.

First movie had the more cohesive plot, Lego Batman was funnier, this was just a messy collage of pretty sights and sounds that weren't given enough time to stick. Ignoring Ninjago, this was the weakest movie in the series.

>It also decided to make gender politics (a controversial double edged sword) the main focus
I saw some discussion about this from the creators but honestly I got more of an age dynamic/sibling focus from it.

Finn's a teenager in his edgy phase and rejects all his "childish" stuff including his younger sibling, whilst his younger sister just wants to maintain a relationship with him but doesn't know how.