And it seems like all is dying and would leave the world to mourn

And it seems like all is dying and would leave the world to mourn
In the distance hear the laughter of the last unicorn

I'M ALIVE
I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Attached: 1482534499515.jpg (1920x1040, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b8vuWrzt6q0?t=121
youtube.com/watch?v=uF1Q56YAo0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=z0zdqeivGaU
youtube.com/watch?v=v1X-FWtWNuA
youtu.be/iS68OsbNLk0?t=57
youtube.com/watch?v=zsyJUeccMT8
the-last-unicorn.net/
youtu.be/LvSYSjsPeWE
utdallas.edu/research/spacesciences/hairston/luanimage.html
youtube.com/watch?v=862e4039E4M
youtu.be/BnaC0RgEPCw
dump.video/i/GOw90G.mp4
newgrounds.com/art/view/bootydoc/dndpvp-02
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember a thread here where user was butthurt that Schmendrick didn't get with Amalthea and she fell in love with Lir

The Schmendrick lust vs The Lir love.

lir was pretty lusty at the start

BUT I REEEEMMEEEMMMBERRRR

Attached: 1378436299634.gif (450x292, 448K)

youtu.be/b8vuWrzt6q0?t=121

>This was a triumph...

>The unicorn who was once immortal now faced with mortality
>The wizard who was cursed with immortality, seeking to be mortal
>The king who's sought his only youthful joy, and died pursuing it
>The old woman who got her youthful desire only when she's too old
>The prince who achieved immortality in the memory of someone who loved him

This story was so good. Even the witch claimed immortality for always being remembered by the harpy.

Memory is a big part of the story's themes as well.
The harpy will remember fortuna, haggard remembers the joy unicorns gave him, the unicorn will forever remember her human emotions.

The older I get, the more I feel like Haggard.

>There is only one thing that has ever made me happy

Your little horses?

Anyone know why the background music that plays during the Harpy scenes isn't on the soundtrack?

>implying unicorns are horses

>The thread is bumping
>Come and see it
>Come. Here.
>There, the Yea Forumsmrades
>THERE THEY ARE
>THEY ARE MINE
>THEY BELONG TO ME
>The Red Moot gathered them one by one
>And I bade him make a board for comics and cartoons
>Now, they live here
>Every archived thread carries them within an easy click of freedom
>But they dare not leave
>They are afraid of the fake nerds and the SJW's

>I like to watch them
>It fills me with joy
>The first time I read that Yea Forums was love, I thought I was going to die
>I said to myself
>I must have them
>I must have all of them
>For nothing makes me happy
>But their fandoms
>And their posts

>Each time I see a comic dump by Yea Forumsrades
>MY Yea Forumsmrades!
>I am young again, despite myself

>You are the last, user

Remember, you're here forever.

Attached: Do you dare deny yourself.jpg (2560x1440, 178K)

Christopher lee was too good for this world

Attached: 1559613501828.jpg (720x958, 51K)

>be me
>been drinking all night
> watching movies with crew all night
>watch The boy it was shit
>watch the Animated Hobbit. Loved it.
>very drunk at this point
> white girl on red wine
>"did you say wine!"
>convince crew to stat late and watch last unicorn
>get even more white girl drunk
>movie starts
>already loosing my shit
>cry
>cry again
>my shits fucked up
>shit remains fucked up
>cry 5 total
>I'M ALIVE
>I'M ALIVE!!!!!

Attached: rBVaI1g76GyAbLdRAAOY6OkyPJ4633.jpg (461x553, 44K)

Attached: 1339727455938.gif (144x127, 1011K)

>if by the time you make your movie I have passed on and cannot reprise the role, do not let it trouble you. After all, I have experience with rising from the dead. I know how it’s done

Attached: 36CF590F-1318-4EAB-AA9D-CB235DDFFDAD.jpg (350x270, 9K)

Reminder that Peter S. Beagle was screwed over out of royalties for the film and then was allegedly mentally and physically abused by his manager for years and to this day only gets limited royalties from The Last Unicorn due to said alleged elder abuse

Reminder that NSP promoted a bunch of stuff from Under the Covers for him for the anniversary. Great cover, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=uF1Q56YAo0Q

Aces, user

>a MARE!?

She didn't look that old.

Attached: Molly.jpg (500x865, 42K)

Rat soup, again? She could use a different rat, the third day, anyhow.

god her huffy indignation in that scene makes me diamonds

I love everything about this movie.

The taco joke and the titty tree are kind of weird and an artifact of the sometimes silly atmosphere of the book which mostly isn't present in the film so they stick out strangely.

I also don't really like how the butterfly is a little man wearing clothes with wings.

But yeah it's mostly kino.

That butterfly was supposed to be annoying and did its job well.

I like the butterfly's dialogue and performance; I don't like his design. He looks like a little human being when his inhuman quirks (mindlessly repeating things, not having enough room in his head for many thoughts or however it was put) are important to his character.

He looks like the kind of loud annoying character that would be in the whole film in most animated movies.

Post like this are the reason I keep returning to this taste forsaken place.

I wish Two Hearts could've been adapted before Tammy Grimes passed.

Attached: two_hearts_by_potatofarmgirl_d2nbdrc-fullview.jpg (900x769, 180K)

I love Two Hearts.

I did hear Schmendrick saying, "A dog. I nearly kill myself singing her to Lir, calling her as no other has ever called a unicorn - and she brings back, not him, but the dog. And here I'd always thought she had no sense of humor."

Reminder that this is the reason we will never have any meaningful new The Last Unicorn media for years, if ever, and probably not while Beagle is alive.

I just want a proper play adaptation that is licensed to regional theaters. Maybe a revival of the ballet. But mostly the play.

for the long years ahead

Attached: Unicooooooorn.png (705x543, 51K)

Fucking, saved.

Attached: 1457406090343.gif (384x216, 2.33M)

Beautiful

Schmendrick had his own love interest though.

This.
Also Schmendrick diddn't help the unicorn because he wanted to get his dick wet. It was one of the last pure things from another age. That alone is a reason to save it for it's own sake. Also he was still on his quest to become a great wizard.

You mean to become a real wizard, and to become mortal again.

I should probably watch this movie now. Never seen it. Anyone know if Netflix or Hulu has it? Or should I go find a dvd or bluray version of it?

How did the crew feel?

Not sure about streaming but if you get the Blu-ray get the earlier Lionsgate version, it has less DNR. All DVD versions are censored IIRC.

Here's a high quality rip if you want a download, link is in base64.
aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56LyNGIXZvTVF4U0pLIXNYZVJxb3RYbDhTXzgxdTFsTk5mVVE=

Attached: tlu.png (1920x1040, 3.64M)

I have a feel. It involves you.

Attached: 1531382542982.png (470x473, 218K)

When Schmendrick turned the Unicorn into a woman, it was against her will and without consent. What Schmendrick did, was a sexual assault. He sexually assaulted the Unicorn.

Attached: 1540225707285.jpg (1380x925, 578K)

bad meme

Wizards: phenomenal cosmic powers, no sense of right and wrong.

i want to go balls deep in that unicorn and the tree

>can kill dragons and griffins
>can't kill a harpy
Why?

I read the book years ago and loved it, but haven't watched the movie. How well does it compare to it?

The book is better, but the movie is nice and worth watching.

There's also a comicbook version by IDW.

Attached: LSTuNI_01_011.jpg (1600x2522, 913K)

I understand why the prince wanted to tap that.

>old
She was whatchacall, "used-up". She'd probably banged all of Culley's men dozens of times each, plus any travelers they waylaid.

>sexual assault
>he literally had no idea what was gonna happen
>she was gonna die if he dindu somefin
he wuz a gud boi

Being dead is better than being raped.

He jus need mo’ money for dem magic programs

The 'enchanted edition' isn't censored in dvd format.

The taco joke was in the novel

Whoops I read that post wrong

The ride never ends

Check out Popcornflix. It’s on there. And it’s free.

you know, if you think about it, the lyrics read like the unicorn is trolling everyone else.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PIRATE CAT? WAS HE IN THE CASTLE WHEN IT FELL?!!

Unicorns are vain creatures

I..I think I just jizzed in my pants

youtube.com/watch?v=z0zdqeivGaU

Attached: United-we-stand-divided-we-fall.jpg (677x387, 55K)

I worry about how much this is resonating with me.

Attached: 1552434510786.gif (101x170, 30K)

Crew thought it was a sweet movie, i had bags of nastolgia going so it fucked me up. (In Good way)

Attached: aKjyXrQ_460s.jpg (460x516, 64K)

It be a cat. What can one falling castle do to it?

slutty horse

>Long, slender and elegant neck
UNF

Attached: 25006731_605165259822355_88698406171574272_n.jpg (342x421, 32K)

>when your own voice impresses you so much that it scares
>like that time I fapped to myself in the mirror and cummed to the sound of my name .... forget I said that.

What

>I can feel this body dying all around me.
That's a god damn strong line.

The lines about the unicorn feeling mortality and the weight of it are some of the best.

I wish they'd been able to work this passage from the book into the film as dialogue somehow:

>The unicorn was weary of human beings. Watching her companions as they slept, seeing the shadows of their dreams scurry over their faces, she would feel herself bending over the heaviness of knowing their names.

Attached: Unicorn.jpg (400x219, 26K)

No one? I'd love to have this track.

I remember watching this as a child and loving it, then watching it again as an adult and loving it even further. Its one of those few things that loves up to tye nostalgia of childhood.

I really like the notion that the unicorn is disgusted just a bit for even getting to know humans. Seems appropriate.

Doing something to someone without their consent isn't always sexual assault, tardo.

I don't think it's disdain. Unicorns don't feel regret because they're detached.
Knowing them and feeling for them... it's a new burden, a very heavy one at that.

>some say the land was green and soft before shit poster user came.

>but the minute he touched it it became hard and grey.

Attached: 7A656257-4AD4-4F89-9E85-AF7987F57707.jpg (300x193, 95K)

More like hard and gay

it became hard gay

Pirate cat for the win!

Attached: 55Fw.gif (500x331, 998K)

youtube.com/watch?v=v1X-FWtWNuA

I'd sexually assault that not-horse.

I wanna molest that fantasy creature.

Mia farrow was a cutie shame her soul was killed by Hollywood and woody allen

I wouldn't say she's disgusted with Schmendrick and Molly, but weary from the burden of actually knowing them. Unicorns are not meant to.interact with human beings on any significant level, only occasionally deign to grace them with a head in their lap or glimpse in the forest. Traveling with them as her companions is a heavy burden.

Another quote, this time from the scene at the carnival:

>She heard hearts bounce, tears brewing, and breath going backward, but nobody said a word. By the sorrow and loss and sweetness in their faces she knew that they recognized her, and she accepted their hunger as her homage. She thought of the hunter’s great-grandmother and wondered what it must be like to grow old, and to cry.

>Lee loved the book so much that when he got the role of Haggard, he brought in his book and highlighted the lines he felt needed to be kept in the script
Got to admire that level of love and commitment to a project.

Attached: Louis think.gif (170x200, 195K)

Why though? Their friendship as it stands is far more compelling than a romantic relationship would have been. Especially since love between a mortal and immortal always ends up being super painful and bitter on the immortal's side. It's Schmendrick alone that the unicorn visits before returning to her forest specifically because she doesn't have super complicated feelings involving him like she does with Lir.

based

>falling for such obvious bait

Attached: Cole MacGrath is sickened.jpg (561x581, 99K)

He also did the German dub for Haggard, since he spoke fluent German.

It's that she was no longer a virgin. She felt she was no longer worthy of a unicorn.

Yeeeeessss. Do that...

Jesus, that man deserves frickin praise for that one. NICE! ...hope he got paid twice.

I have read the jeff bridges worked for free on the film. Don't know if that's true, though

He's the safe beta that doesn't make her wink.

Anywho, saw this at a Books-A-Million. Thinking about buying, unless I can find a digital epub or mobi somewhere.

Attached: tlutlj.jpg (294x475, 53K)

Buy it, since Peter S. Beagle actually gets royalties from this one.

As a story, it's all right. Definitely different in story and tone from the final story but worth a read if you want to see the origins of the final novel.

It's not about her not being a virgin, it's that her years of woodland fugitive life have made her hard and weathered.

To quote the book:

“Where have you been?" she cried. "Damn you, where have you been?" She took a few steps toward Schmendrick, but she was looking beyond him, at the unicorn.

When she tried to get by, the magician stood in her way. "You don't talk like that," he told her, still uncertain that Molly had recognized the unicorn. "Don't you know how to behave, woman? You don't curtsy, either."

But Molly pushed him aside and went up to the unicorn, scolding her as though she were a strayed milk cow. "Where have you been?" Before the whiteness and the shining horn, Molly shrank to a shrilling beetle, but this time it was the unicorn's old dark eyes that looked down.

"I am here now," she said at last.

Molly laughed with her lips flat. "And what good is it to me that you're here now? Where where you twenty years ago, ten years ago? How dare you, how dare you come to me now, when I am this?" With a flap of her hand she summed herself up: barren face, desert eyes, and yellowing heart. "I wish you had never come. Why did you come now?" The tears began to slide down the sides of her nose.

The unicorn made no reply, and Schmendrick said, "She is the last. She is the last unicorn in the world."

"She would be." Molly sniffed. "It would be the last unicorn in the world to come to Molly Grue." She reached up then to lay her hand on the unicorn's cheek; but both of them flinched a little, and the touch came to rest on on the swift, shivering place under the jaw. Molly said, "It's all right. I forgive you.”

Wait, are (You)s disabled or something? Weird.

As for the thing about Bridges, I think I heard of that as well, but can't recall if it was true or just a myth.

I don't know if he worked for free, but it was one of his favorite books ever and he literally begged to be part of the production: youtu.be/iS68OsbNLk0?t=57

Thank you for saying that. Yea Forums has degenerated into a place with threads made for reaction, not content or discussion.

Also inner-quads confirmed for truth.

Many bilingual actors do that.

The backgrounds in the film are pretty lovely. The performance by actors playing Schmendrick and Molly are good, though Jeff Bridges is mostly young Jeff Bridges. Lir is okay if I recall, and the Unicorn's performance is hard to judge but I'd say it's good. I think most would agree.

The actual in-film singing is dated a bit but not necessarily bad. I think the love song is an arguable low-point but I love the film so much I don't mind.

There are a few elements in the film that make it stand out as worth watching though. The opening music about 5 minutes into the film is God-Tier fantastic, and the performance by Christopher Lee as Haggrid is superb.

does anyone have any concept art or other pics of this film? it's so goddamn beautiful

that too. but it is probably also about her being not a virgin, since unicorns love pure maidens in mythology.

You...don't know this, do you?: touching a non-virgin is uncomfortable, sometimes painful, to a unicorn, and somewhat disappointing-to-unpleasant to the human (at any rate, the human wouldn't want to repeat it). Molly just wanted to touch her innocently.

And Rene Auberjonois' performance as the skeletal guard. Beagle said he could have been any of the characters like Haggard, and he would have still loved the performance.

Attached: Janos.jpg (1152x864, 82K)

I figure you were being humorous but I really get the impression that Molly didn't sleep around much if at all. She didn't strike me as the type, and not getting/seeking much action (her present company was not great on that account) probably contributed to her poor feelings of self-esteem and worth. I think she was either turned down a few times or never sought out at all by men much of her life. (Which makes her love with Schmendrick is Two Hearts all the more softly sweet.)

She is an interesting character for how she is portrayed because she demonstrates sadness and feeling empty and unfulfilled, yet she is full of fire at moments and hints at something alive still within her despite her being "used up" by her time. And this was before she even knew there was a unicorn. This is all when she's just talking to Schmendrick even up to the moment of the unicorn's reveal. She finds purpose later through the unicorn, and that's something I really ought to think about more since I feel there's some deeper layers there. Peter S. Beagle is good like that.

is that book lore or just generic unicorn lore that might not apply?

In the novel, unicorns don't actually care about virginity at all and the unicorn literally has a moment where she muses how humans had deluded themselves into thinking unicorns somehow sensed or cared about a maiden's pureness.

Best cover that isn't the title song: youtube.com/watch?v=zsyJUeccMT8

Commonly known unicorn lore. Well, common to those who actually care enough about fantasy creatures to do some reading. It's why virgins make the best bait for unicorns. A virgin's touch is wondrous, and simply petting a unicorn can bring them to their knees in mindless bliss. Likewise, for a virgin to touch a unicorn is to touch love and warmth itself. A virgin could simply sit beside a unicorn, petting it, while danger approached, and the unicorn would remain placid,while being touched, as if drugged. Virgins are unicorn kryptonite.

Have some art from the comic.

Attached: LastUnicorn.jpg (1286x1000, 1.27M)

I remember that, still...she was uncomfortable when Molly touched her. It's not like Molly went for her flank with 3 fingers extended or something...

Well the woman was ranting like she just met her wayward father who had popped in after years of absence.

True, I forgot him. His performance is great.

I've honestly yet to hear a bad version of the song. Of course, it's hard to really mess up unless it's something like that cover of "I ran" Bowling for Soup did for that Saint Saya dub.

She was uncomfortable because people did not touch unicorns like that, especially not after ranting at them in a rude manner. You're reading way into it and projecting elements that go against the established lore of the story.

Someone needs to shop Goku standing between the bull and the unicorn.

She wasn't a virgin and always wanted to see a unicorn

Eh, good point. Say...whatever happened to that proposed cgi remake?

the-last-unicorn.net/

For what reason?

>fall in love with unicorn
>spends his life chasing after her
He ends up becoming old and obsessed like King haggard? (The book and sequel don't count !!)

Attached: IMG_2616.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Well if you're going on the notion that the book sequel doesn't count, then who knows.

Ok, fine. Superman. Geez...

Like everything else involving Connor Cochran, it was BS.

Because I'm a faggot.

Iirc schmendrick stops him from that explicitly because he's likened to haggard by the unicorn

Why?
Oh.

Everything about using that song was a mess up to begin with, to be fair.

?
>raises eyebrow, consults google

!!!

>downloaded the kindle version of The Line Between a decade ago, forgot to read it

D'OH!

Unicorns just go AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, grow wings and impale the enemies by themselves.

Attached: the-last-unicorn-(1982)-large-picture.jpg (2048x1363, 396K)

Thanks bros, will see hopefully this weekend. And what exactly is censored or taken out? I don't like seeing media with missing content.

so you're saying an evil virgin would make a great unicorn hunter?

nice

Despite all the failed attempts I'm glad this movie will never get a live action remake. They'd never match the tone of the cartoon

If Lee were still alive, and they didn't replace everyone, I'd have been fine with an attempt. Now it would just be some diversity checkbox shit and probably a bunch of literal whos or the top shitstains only shit-stain street LA likes.

Just missing swears as far as I know

I'm more annoyed that A Flight Of Dragons got combined with The Dragon And The George instead of us getting a proper The Dragon And The George movie series.

At least we got a really awesome movie all the same. James Earl Jones fucking killed it as Ommadon.

What swears?

The "damn" in this scene
youtu.be/LvSYSjsPeWE

>The Red Moot
Who?

google it cringe newfag

Attached: the last uni∕ co ∕rn.png (589x590, 39K)

Based and tomorrowpilled

There.

Attached: the last unicorn.jpg (1286x1000, 488K)

The only way a live action adaptation would work is if the director decided to film it in the style of an 80s fantasy film. PIc related.

Attached: images.jpg (314x160, 10K)

Here are parts of an old Japanese article about the animation studio that worked on The Last Unicorn, Topcraft. They went on to make the Nausicaa film after this and many of them moved on to Studio Ghibli after that.
utdallas.edu/research/spacesciences/hairston/luanimage.html

I hope someone can do a full translation eventually.

>literally a horned horse
No

I didn't say "copy the physical look of unicorns in Legend to a t," I said doing a live action The Last Unicorn film would only work in the style of an 80s fantasy film, pic related, since it's an 80s fantasy film with the right tone and style that would work with TLU.

The way they use lighting in modern (blockbuster) films would suck all the life out of a live action movie
I'd assume they'd use cgi for the unicorn which would look like crap

what was censored?

Schmen and drickpilled.

Attached: mtr_1372153169088.png (449x548, 109K)

swearing

Some swear words in the carnival scene, scene with Molly, and at one point when Lir says "damn" while writing a poem.

Cutting Lir's "Damn" is a shame because it's fucking hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=862e4039E4M

Worse though is that it was sourced from a PAL master, which means the video/audio is sped up and sounds squeaky. Just avoid the DVD and get a blu-ray, HD rip or stream, those should all be fine.

Someone post the unicorn man.

Attached: 2c0c6e735ebc13bcd2509b4436c8928ad753480f.png (761x1000, 148K)

Just checked this one again, looks like it only has the censored audio track. The BD has an uncensored track as well but it probably got stripped.

I can confirm that the DVD Enchanted Edition from Shout Factory retains all the swearing like Molly and Lir's DAMNs

Attached: 81RiWtXMG-L._SL1500_.jpg (878x1500, 180K)

>she was uncomfortable when Molly touched her

I’m angry at you. I’m yelling at you. I am absolutely fucking FURIOUS with you about some obligation I expected of you that, if you even remember you had it, you still don’t understand it. Then I pet your face. How do you feel about this?

This one?

Attached: lastunicorn3-1024x717.png (1024x717, 1.02M)

Don't forget "Also you are an immortal creature who considers it bizarre at best to be touched by mortal creatures, who for all of your existence--barring recent events--have treated you with respectful distance, reverence and awe."

I was gonna say that's basically impossible outside having it done in the 80s, but I guess Stranger Things got at least pretty close to other movie types from then, so, who knows.

Orange filters, uncanny valley eyes and a blue/orange poster. Maybe an added twist in the end. Wouldn't it be a hype?

The end kinda killed it for me, wtf was that

Not like all Modern films look bad, but yea, the "woke crowd" would undoubtedly be able to get their mitts on that shit and fuck things up, while getting a director who has no passion for dynamic and engaging shots.
>wtf was that
Peter's triumph over Ommadon? A pretty badass moment of the main character using the very dilemma affecting the world he's trying to save to literally starve and kill the villain. Ommadon was trying to feed his magic the old way; human superstition, and Peter just logics him into dust by countering everything with science and study. Yea, the "incantations" he uses were a bit lame, but it is kind of hard to make sciences sound as "magical" as "trolls, harpies, demons, devils, witches!"

That's a pretty good analysis of her character.

I love the taco joke. All the anachronisms, they made me smile -- like I was in my old D&D group on a good day.

You know that Schmendrick is also immortal...?

I want to protect her melancholia.

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 32K)

Which does make you wonder how he's going to handle things when Molly perishes of old age

Are there many besides the Taco joke? The butterfly sings of the A train of New York City but they took out Lyr reading a magazine, for instance.

I'm sorry little thread about unicorns but Yea Forums showed a video behind a spoiler tag of a unicorn being ridden by a girly doll with the unicorn horn in the girly dolls crotch and then the unicorn horn ejaculated raimbow jellyslime. So I think I am going to need a production team for an animation studio fully funded so that I can story lead for it. Then I can make some.money that I hate so much because of something that I read Jesus saying when I was a child and then maybe I will be able to afford whatever it is that you're on about, ok?

I believe it's implied that Schmedrick's been this way for a long while.

Haggard's old court wizard heard of Schmedrick.

"Oh, I tremble at your doom!"

I know in the comic, in Haggardstown or whatever, someone draws a gun on Schmendrick.

The Anachronisms are a joke to make the story timeless.

>downloaded the kindle version of The Line Between a decade ago, forgot to read it

I might be slow here but what are you referencing?

At least they're still together in Two Hearts.

Oh I know that he's been stuck in his (youngish) appearance for a very long time, but he's probably never been in love before, and that's going to be painful to bear once Molly dies, unless he finally manages to break the curse on his himself.

based

Attached: Goku-and-Superman.png (600x800, 54K)

My good user, did you not read the book? He broke his curse at the end of the book and in the film, though they don't tell nearly as many details about Schmendrick in the film as they should.

I thought the film kept it vague, suggesting he may have broken the curse, but that as far as anyone was concerned, the Unicorn and Molly felt he was as great as any wizard even if his spellwork wasn't as miraculous as his peers.

Clark's disguise wouldn't work on Goku, he would smell he's Superman.

The comic is fantastic

Attached: 1289865439815.jpg (2560x1986, 1.39M)

Goku was literally fooled by perfume in the manga, when Roshi disguised himself as Jackie Chun.

Yes, and a Kansas farmboy wouldn't be wearing any. He smells of nothing but the musky aromas of the wheat-fields.

I love it. I'm still bummed that I missed out on the deluxe edition.

Attached: RCO011.jpg (1600x1230, 571K)

Though not as quite as impactful as the book.

Well obviously, comic books based on novels rarely get to outshine the original material. Only thing I can think of that comes close were the short-lived manga series for Vampire Hunter D, which really does work better with visuals of sorts than just "and then D did some cool sword tricks and killed the monster"

Couldn’t the wizard just, you know, zap the hunters or something instead of turning the unicorn into a man against its will and leaving it as one?
Fucking wizards, no sense of right or wrong.

>And did he kill the girl too?
>No, he married her.

MaGic Do aS yOu wIlL

Kind of reminds me of Phobos from Witch, but more many looking.

I wonder if Schmedrick's design inspired Nodwick in some way, whenever I think of one, I find myself thinking of the other shortly after. Would be funny to see them interact in some fashion.

Attached: nodwick1.jpg (217x360, 21K)

WALKING MAN'S ROAD

>this whole movie

Attached: IMG-20160218-WA0001.jpg (499x430, 23K)

>tfw no unicorn bf

Attached: 1403200158713.gif (350x263, 381K)

>I'm aliiiiive
>I'm aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Attached: It's raining.gif (480x270, 508K)

>movies produced almost 40 years ago have better animation than movies today
I am bitter and disgusted with this world. I thought we would see more beauty as time rolled forth, only to realize the promises of a better future were a lie.

Attached: 1539768077117.gif (720x404, 3.32M)

I'd say that animated stuff now is usually pretty good looking, it's just mostly lacking heart. Flash and no substance, as they say.

Don't forget we only remember the good that came out 40 years ago. There was plenty of awful/soulless animation that has been abandoned.

That is true.

There isn't much real animation coming out though. Most animated movies these days are 3D (unless you're talking Japan, but this is Yea Forums, so I'm not), and 3D always has this extremely fake, lifeless look to everything, to me at least.

I liken 3D animation to wax fruit, because it looks about as lifeless and false to me.

Well like I said, some animation these days lack heart. They can look good in most cases, but lack anything to make the characters memorable or stand out. While it would be great to see 2D animation make a return, at least sometimes 3D stuff can turn out really good if the right people are making it. Problem is, some studios are fine with just making meme characters like the minions, or are betraying their principles like Pixar has.

1982 is probably my very favorite year for animation.
>The Last Unicorn
>The Secret of NIMH
>The Plague Dogs
>Pink Floyd - The Wall
>The Dark Crystal
Not to mention the amazing live action that came out as well, like The Thing and Blade Runner.

The problem I personally have with 3D is that so many of them just blend together. 2D always felt so much more diverse in aspects like artstyle.

That's a solid lineup. What was the star alignment that allowed this?

An industry that once prized creativity had things line up just right. Happens in various industries from time to time,

The continuation/sequel of The Last Unicorn is IN The Line Between, under the title "Two Hearts". The Line Between is a story collection.

He's not immortal after the events of the book. The curse was basically until he came into his own with his powers

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, the first one at least, really stood out for me both for character design and generally being fun. Seemed to have a lot of heart, or maybe I was just in a good mood.

The 80s in general were amazing for entertainment. I remember either 1985 or 1986 (or both) have a crazy amount of fantastic movies and animation.

Thread theme
youtu.be/BnaC0RgEPCw

Attached: file.png (190x221, 11K)

Eeeeeeeh don't let nostalgia blind you. The animation can get subpar in TLU

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT HOW HE GAVE SENTIENCE TO A PLANT JUST TO SEXUALLY ASSAULT IT?!

Attached: TREE RAPIST.png (588x378, 237K)

He doesn't look like he's the one doing the assaulting.

What'd they replace it with?

Shut up damnit, I can't deal with tears this early after getting up.

>a TLU thread
Sweet.

Attached: HAGGARD.png (370x435, 247K)

All the censored swears are just replaced by silence, although you probably wouldn't be able to tell a line was missing unless you knew about them.

Attached: amalthea_lir_lo.jpg (620x976, 119K)

>a Kansas farmboy wouldn't be wearing any
Maybe if he was still in Kansas. Clark would definitely be at least wearing aftershave to hide the smell of his laser burnt beard.

What was the red bull, in your headcanon? A creature Haggard tamed? A manifestation of his evil? An illusion? the devil working with Haggard?

Attached: haggard_bull_lo.jpg (700x1362, 159K)

Am I crazy or does the end of the film give off slightly disturbing vibes? They set up at the start that the enchanted forest is fucked if the unicorn leaves, and she does it anyway...then we don't see what she returns to

Attached: L'Ultimo Unicorno (1982).mkv_snapshot_01.31.35_[2018.06.10_03.10.12].jpg (1920x1040, 273K)

Presumably the forest returns to being a normal forest in her absence. Hunters will be able to kill animals there, and the animals that were under her protection will be subject to the normal laws of nature. At least until--or if--she returns.

>I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am full of tears and hunger and the fear of death, though I cannot weep, and I want nothing, and I cannot die. I am not like the others now, for unicorn was ever born who could regret, but I do. I regret.

I'm pretty sure I'd notice if Molly went from "damn you" to just "you".

In a sense. The unicorns pretense kept the forest in a sort of stasis where nothing changed. I'm sure things will be fine.

>L'Ultimo Unicorno

kek.

They should just bleep the damn. She'd go "**** YOU!"

dump.video/i/GOw90G.mp4

An energy drink

Feel like all these older shows with unicorns may have affected me later in life.

Attached: B24A803D-1C27-4D6A-BE8D-640AD308544C.jpg (167x252, 27K)

A creature, like the unicorn, from a fading age. How it came into his service is irrelevant

source?

Wait, there was a deluxe edition? Also, what's the official name of this comic/graphic novel adaptation? Like, the publisher, because I've read the book a dozen times and never taken the time to check out this comic. It looks extremely well drawn.

I'm always a bit weary and leery of visual adaptations. The Coraline comic is one of them. However faithful the comic might have been to the writing of the book/movie, the artwork was not pleasing to look at IMO.

The Last Unicorn from IDW Publishing. The deluxe edition has art gallery and concept pages with text introducing the development of the comic book.

newgrounds.com/art/view/bootydoc/dndpvp-02

Is it based on the print that wasn't taken care of and allowed to degrade that they used for the initial official DVD release? Because I have a bootleg English DVD that looks way better than the first official release, and is uncensored. I got it at a comic convention 6 years before the official DVD was released in stores.

...curiously aroused. Seriously though, I have a father with dementia. All I can give is a bland, unconcerned smile.

I don't for sure, but the copy looks pretty good to me. I would look into it, if I were you.

That was Schmendrick's alibi, just blame it on the magic. That's like pointing a gun at someone, pulling the trigger, and saying "bullet, do as you will." Magic is simply energy with no agency of its own. It requires a will to act upon it and guide its actions.

Loads of story imply that magic has a semblance of agency. Maybe not quite full on sentience, but that it can "act" on its own accord in some cases, depending on the fiction of course. Your gun analogy really doesn't apply.

What if I were to take the safety off, then drop the gun?

That's literally an entirely different thing from wielding reality-changing powers.

Okay, enough dancing around. Each time he had a target. The magic didn't act blindly, it was directed specifically at that target. That son-of-a-b**** was culpable. Otherwise, the magic would have acted randomly. Trees in a background would have turned into chocolate confections. The grass would have turned purple. No, each time the magic had a specific focus. SCHMENDRICK'S chosen target. Your Honor, ladies and gentlemen of the Yea Forums jury, I rest my case.

Attached: 1554862691886.png (168x206, 35K)

Christ, you sound retarded as hell.

Personal insults...the last refuge of a failing debater.

Pretending to speak like an intellectual, the sign of an underage retard.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

Attached: 1475594586276.jpg (900x620, 141K)

After seeing that documentary Walt made about the multiplane camera, it's pretty sweet knowing how they make these kinds of shots with the trees in the foreground and the camera "moving" through them in many cases.

I'm pretty sure there was no multiplane camera used for The Last Unicorn but rather some sort of workaround, which is why the earlier multi-layer shots look a little weird. I think only Disney had access to the real deal, and they used multiplane shots very sparingly.

The real multiplane cameras were absolutely massive plus you needed to draw backgrounds on glass. That glass was very fragile too, AFAIK only a single background layer from Bambi survived and that film made the most use of the tech.

Attached: multipl-3aa.jpg (1400x901, 1003K)

>Bump

Attached: tumblr_oala0hBiJW1qbc4h7o1_500.gif (500x270, 1.06M)

They still likely used a similar method by placing the trees on cells or something to create a similar effect. The innovation Disney came up with probably inspired other studios to rethink the way they did multilayered shots, even if they didn't have the massive fuckoff machine that Disney was using. It's just pretty cool seeing the way they did that stuff when they actually still drew and painted shit for animation.

Did the scene where the Red Bull first appeared fuck anyone up? Like you have this soft rock/folksy song my American and all our heroes are taken a nap, and before the song even ends, a fricken wheel of hellfire appears in the sky and everything starts to glow red? Like wtf man? The laws of cartoons state that nothing scary can happen when there's a relaxing muscal number.

Attached: ajkljasdsf.png (1920x1080, 386K)

>The Hebrews spring into an uplifting and happy song about freedom after their god murders hundreds of children in The Prince Of Egypt

Felt pretty surreal desu

That made more sense tho, because the "bad guys" were gone. This is literally that, but in reverse.

I just think it’s reslly fucked up in the head to be happy after a massive infanticide. It’s like being proud of outracing a paraplegic

I'm pretty sure 1983 had a pretty good batch as well.

So Schmendrick wanted to be abused by a tree then? Because that's one of the two false premises all your arguments are based on.

Seriously kid, give this ugly "it was rape" meme a rest.

He isn't a full wizard yet and can't control his powers well and has constantly suffered from them being too strong and unpredictable his entire life. That is one of his big character flaws/journey's throughout the book. So right there, your argument falls apart. You act as if he had the ability to transform the tree into sentience or the unicorn into a mortal girl by clearly intentioned choice.... Instead of freeing himself from being tied to a tree or rescuing the Unicorn in any other way.

There's so much more wrong with your arguments, you assert intent instead of providing evidence, you insert implication instead of adding context. But I shouldn't even be replying to you this much.

You will need to provide chapter and verse before you can assert and sustain the claim that the Israelites were celebrating something specific to infanticde. The best you can do right now is claim they were celebrating other than their freedom and eventual victory by their deity against their enemies.

>utdallas.edu/research/spacesciences/hairston/luanimage.html
great find, thank you

lucky girl

This isn't a courtroom.

So? The fuck is it with you people not wanting to provide proof of your claims with stuff nowadays?

That's his little way of trying to deflect that he lost.

You can mouth-fart all you want and no one cares but the moment you claim to say something meaningful it had better be provable or else people will point out that you are just farting out your mouth again and not really speaking intelligently.

How much money would it take for a unicorn to give up that sloppy winking pussy?

>money
meaningless

First time will be a struggle snuggle but then you get them hooked on mortal donger

Can I still involve money in the sex? I want to put coins in her pussy like a slot machine.

No! NOT. THAT. ONE!
HAGGARD!
UNICORN!
UNIIIICOOOORN!

Up to this day I still admire the medieval looking backgrounds it had. This is so much cooler than realistic backgrounds so many other serious cartoons have, especially anime.

UNICOOOOORRRRRRRRNNN

Attached: anigif_enhanced-11131-1397497817-5.gif (400x212, 994K)

This movie was so confusing as a kid. Does it make more sense as an adult?

I bugged me that it felt like they gravitated towards material from the book that the movie didn't adapt and vice-versa to some degree. How could they leave out the scene where the unicorn says she is incapable of feeling regret?

It's not that hard to follow. Maybe child-you just didn't understand the feelings of regret, longing, and melancholy that are so important to the story.

Calm down, stupid. You're giving away the fact that you're Jewish and that there's enough truth behind the "Joos kill babies" rumor to make you nervous whenever someone might be alluding to it. You're reading way too much into this and I'm not even the guy you responded to.

I want to FUCK this horse

Attached: snap4372.jpg (1549x903, 99K)

The different adaptations focused on different things. I liked it, it gave me a broader perspective on the story as a whole. In the GN, the unicorn says being in a human form would be like being trapped in a burning building. It really changed my view of her anguish, which to me just came off as whiny in the movie.

I know people will call me edgy but I love this serious? dark? atmosphere these masterpieces had. It's not about idiotic lust for egde and grim dark shit, it's more about the beauty of a story that mixes darkness well with hope, fantasy or lowkey light hearted moments. I hate that modern animation always have to be so fucking harmless and colorful whereas live action does the exact opposite but does it wrong and thinks making a series literally so dark that you can barely see anything and filling it with unnecessary porn and deaths of characters will somehow make it deeper or more plotheavy.

I really liked that line "I can feel this body dying all around me"

It's because it more closely reflects nature, which is beautiful but also harsh and uncaring. It creatures a sense of scale and wonder you don't get either from fisher price fairy tales or gritty nothing matter grimm's goobers.

Take these lines from the beginning of the Dark Crystal.

>For a thousand years they have ruled
>Yet now, there are only ten
>A dying race
>Ruled by a dying emperor
>Imprisoned themselves within a dying land

You understand that everything is winding down, even for the badguys who must be defeated. It isn't some grand conspiracy, just the tragedy of nature and time.

108009816 (You)
Christ, you are one stupid newfaggot and a half.

It's a shame how ET soaked up most of the box office success while so many great films got to settle with becoming cult classics. 1982 may be one case of too many good films releasing in a single year.

Funny thing is that a lot of darker looking or adult oriented films were criticized for it at the time. Not animation, but The Thing was absolutely shat on by critics but is widely beloved as a masterpiece today.

Not him, but I know I didn't finish watching Dark Crystal when I first had the chance. The scene where they're draining the life energy out of a podling was heavy stuff, man.

Shame nobody tries to be dark with kids films these days, at least not intentionally. And even the few that do have dark moments are considerably tamer compared to older things. Not that they all need to be nightmare inducing, but being a bit ballsier would be nice.

Very rude, Lir.

Attached: The Last Unicorn - Mia Farrow Animation Fantasy 1982 Eng Subs 720p [H264-mp4].mp4_snapshot_01.00.29_ (1280x688, 577K)

Coraline did it just right. Boxtrolls... I'm not sure if it was more gross-out, definitely nightmare fuel.

I feel more like a Molly Grue. Too old to keep hoping something beautiful and magic will drop into life.

Attached: Molly and the unicorn.jpg (1243x752, 293K)

Attached: schmendrick_molly_lo.jpg (599x920, 125K)

eheheh, he need a therapist no!

Aging has really put the "Where where you twenty years ago, ten years ago? How dare you, how dare you come to me now, when I am this?" in perspective. The anguish in her voice never really made sense until I got older.

I hate to bring sex into this but... Since I was sexually abused as a kid, had a couple of very disappointing and honestly gross sexual relationships, etc. The line "where were you when I was new" is all kinds of painful.

Never realized how much projared looks like schmendrick

>casts a spell to banish his wife
>ends up casting invisibility on his subscribers
It fits

I always saw the red bull as a dark mirror to the unicorns. In the same way that unicorns approach young people full of potential and bring them happiness, the red bull approached Haggard, an old man who only knows happiness as a faint memory from long ago and is unable to recapture it.