Battinson is official

New Batman Confirmed

Attached: 1374FED5-3A75-459C-9250-569BD7981B76.jpg (740x608, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-rebooting-entire-dceu/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He looks quite young I'd hope for year one but we've had too many reboots

Reeves Batman is in his prime, he'd been doing it for a few years

You can do Year One without the origin

Really, I don't have a problem with this. As long as he's good, but I do feel bad if he, in the future, can't escape being typecast as bat based characters.

Cool casting

After watching High Life I can dig it.

And now we play the waiting game to see the suit

he kind of looks like Affleck there

He's 33, so he's probably about the right age.

>tfw realize pattinson is older than bale was in batman begins

Attached: 153068932.png (472x472, 443K)

finally we can discuss the safdie brothers and batman on the same board

well fuck me gently with a chainsaw he was barely in his 20s when he did American Psycho, Batman Begins and Reign of Fire.

Who cares though it’s confirmed to be in the Dceu

To not be in the dceu*

Literally said to take place in the 90's.

Why do people still care about twilight enough to get mad about this casting decision?

>tfw I am the same age christian bale was when he did american psycho

I don't know how to feel about this

He was mid 20s for American Psycho and 31 for Batman

here's another one: whatever happened to the rape wolf dude that was supposed to imprint on the kid? he dropped off the face of the earth.

he only does TV now

yeah it just feels like the dude's been in his 40s for thirty years. like paul rudd.

I'm a little hype, though less so if it really isn't 'part' of the DC(E)U.

Attached: 1520151777631.jpg (811x1200, 197K)

I know, its shocking for me too.

On a side note, I saw the second Jurassic Park movie on tv last night for a bit, when Vince Vaughn showed up, it took me a good 20 seconds to realize who it was, he looks so young in it.

i wonder which one alfred doesn't like and didn't brig a cup or mug

Hope it’s Arkham games inspired

I do wonder what DC is planning to do with the dc universe.

They lost their superman and batman, they are resetting suicide squad, they have a brand new batman, and they have a brand new joker.

I wonder if they are just giving up on doing an MCU style canon for now. I honestly think that would be for the best, just have all the movies stand on their own and try to do more interesting less cookie cutter superhero movies.

I dunno how Joker will turn out, but it seems to be a step in the right direction. Mostly just a drama about a guy losing his mind and becoming a psychopath.

>they are resetting suicide squad
They are not. Bunch of the actors are returning and Idris is going to play Bronze Tiger, not Deadshot.

Just like comics, they can soft reboot. GoT did it with a few characters

If you mean Lyra, I think a easter egg that appears for a few seconds is a smaller retcon than a lead actor physically changing.

Otherwise, who do you mean?

Tommen, Myrcela and Daario...Just from the top of my head

I had a massive brain fart, for some reason I read GoT as GotG.

Yeah, those definitely count. Also the Mountain.

Me too

Red hood can't drink with his mask on

Cannot unthink this o.O

I've only seen him in that 9/11 romcom. Is he any good?

let's not kid ourselves, bad writing and directing is far more likely to ruin this movie than the choice of actor

If it wasn't for the Nolan trilogy fucking around with Scarecrow I would totally be up for a Scarecrow Year: One movie

Attached: scarecrow-yo0506.jpg (2564x2032, 1.78M)

He does Adam Sandler movies for Netflix now.

The Long Halloween, please

>using this to bitch about decade old shitty romance movies
>not making a “goons discussing If Batman is a vampire thread”
This board used to be fun.

Yes.

Good Time is worth tracking down too. He is basically evil russian tweaker batman in that.

Thank you for putting the fear of Twilight jokes in the Batman movie in my heart, user.

>already have 4 shitty movies filmed an waiting to bomb
>film 4 more
Jesus christ DC just fucking stop

Biggest fuck up yet, could have been a goat Nightwing or Batman Beyond but NEVER Batman

Warner being Warner, no surprise

Attached: 011.jpg (508x592, 26K)

The stand-up special has been worth every kevin james cameo film

It's not like playing Batman is a serious acting challenge. You just need a strong enough jawline to pull off the mask and do a passable gruff voice.

I wonder how much embarrassing was the test scenes

Successes:
>Adam West
>Michael Keaton
>Christian Bale

Failures
>Val Kilmer
>George Clooney
>Ben Affleck

It's pretty fucking obvious what the key is. MAKE AN ORIGINAL MOVIE WITH AN ORIGINAL TAKE. Every failure is just a lazy ripoff of the last successful movie's take. Kilmer and Coooney are lame Burton rip offs. Affleck is a lame Nolan rip off. Don't make a Nolan ripoff.

He is fine I guess but he doesn't really look like Batman to me.
I probably won't watch it until it comes out on DVD unless DC remembers how to make a decent film between now and when it comes out.
They really need to drop the DCCU because it taints everything it touches.

>Kilmer

He was the best Bruce Wayne before Bale.

I guess vampires can turn into bat's after all

Learn English.

He’s probably working out as we speak

Mind if I save this?

Okay so have Batfleck and Batinson.
What else is there Batam West, Balt Kilmer?

Poor guy

first image of pattinson as batman

Attached: falseequivalence.png (173x167, 24K)

He'll be hot

Not likely since he has the shoot that Nolan movie and Batman starts in November

Hi ladderfag

Who should be the new Alfred, though?

Davos from GOT

And Meryl for Leslie

Charles Dance so he can kill another cinematic universe

That would be cool

Not a good sign. Look how old Bale looks these days.

Attached: Christian Bale 2018 AP18331035568082-1.jpg (525x350, 37K)

I fucking hate the new Red Robin logo and what they've done with Tim in the New52 and various recent reboots. Well, at least it's not "Red Swan" anymore.

Attached: Teen-Titans-3.jpg (400x600, 94K)

Supergirl and Batman are part of the new DC universe everything before is getting removed and recast

Attached: recast.png (640x483, 47K)

Think this is wrong

Guess that's a shame for the actors who stuck around

I am fine with Pattinson. I just want a Clayface/Man-Bat Batman movie after all these years.

Attached: clayface-manbat.png (809x299, 245K)

That will be cool

Can't go wrong with Jared Harris. He's one hell of a scene stealer.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-12-26_at_5_33_35_PM.png (908x1200, 1.41M)

These and Freeze. Please. I know we'll probably just get a Arkham pastiche, then Joker and maybe a fresh rogue not necessarily in that order.

Affleck was only a failure because of Hack Snyder and WB. He played the role of batman well.

Not official

>wegotthiscovered
may as well post cosmicbooknews

No offense to reeves
but Battinson is the only reason why im even slightly interested in this movie
Talking Ape movies were fine but he's no Burton/Nolan

Richard E. Grant is rumored

This. I don't know why people post thier shit, 98% of everything they post is wrong and the 2% they are right, they are right because they are stealing the rumor from like DanielRPK and nothing giving them a citation

Alfred is a black woman now

People keep signing on and then abandoning the role after 3 films max.

>WB wont work in Aquaman, one of their bigest films ever, into the DCEU
Yeah, OK

I want Robert Pattinson as an angry Batman full of hate and self-loathing who meets and adopts a 10 year old kid who teaches him how to smile again while he teaches the kid how to kick evil in the dick.
It's not going to happen, but I can dream.

This reminds me that Geoff Johns wanted to write a blackest night: scarecrow comic but it never materialized.

If it is year one, I just want the bat through the window scene and "From now on, none of you are safe". That's it.

they don't want to remind people of the last shitty cinematic universe in their new one

it's the same reason why they've never hired Ryan Reynolds for a role well that and because he hates DC as much as everyone else

I mean I dunno if he specifically hates DC. He just understands that Green Lantern was not a good movie and the whole "Deadpool killing Ryan while he reads Green Lantern" was more a jab at himself for doing such a bad role than DC overall.

>and because he hates DC as much as everyone else
Oh it's you

No Lego Batman called dibs on that plot line. Too little, too late.

>typecast as bat based characters
Plot twist: he comes full circle and plays Dracula in the first Universal Monsterverse movie that, ironically, DOESN'T suck!

Batman is always great

Rest of cast when?

Simon Pegg

The movie made more than billion, and James Wan is already working on a sub low budget spinoff set in the trench that will make probably also a billion dollars.