Was Demogoblin actually a good villain or was he just the epitome of what went wrong with Marvel in the 1990s?

Was Demogoblin actually a good villain or was he just the epitome of what went wrong with Marvel in the 1990s?

Attached: Demogoblin-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-h1.jpg (725x559, 140K)

Yes.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone that liked him. Plenty of people love Green and Hob goblins

Wasn't he a demon possessing Norman Osborn's corpse or something retarded like that

What? No, not at all.

The second Hobgoblin made a deal with a demon during the Inferno crossover. He just wanted power but he ended up bonding with the demon. Eventually he and the demon were split in two... by I think Dr Strange and the demon wandered around for a few years without a human host before fading away during the late 90’s

I remember 5-year-old me made my mom's life a living hell accidentally, because she wanted to make me the happiest kid for my birthday and I just wanted a Hobgoblin action figure because of Spider-Man TAS. She hunted far and wide for one, but never found one. She was honestly sad that she couldn't find the one extremely specific and niche thing her son wanted.
Fuck, I'm tearing up.

Nice blog faggot

I'm sure you made it up to her with lots of love.

Did one actually exist?

Demogoblin wasn't great but he wasn't the epitome of what went wrong with Marvel in the 90s.
He wasn't even the epitome of what went wrong with Spider-Man in the 90s.

Attached: 635752-spidercide1[1].jpg (957x1492, 420K)

Apparently there are, but 5-year-old me just watched the cartoon and was like "oh man, I'd love an action figure of him" without seeing one in a store.
I've made a lot of mistakes, but I still try to be the best son I can be. Thanks user.

he wasn't that good a villain but he wasn't even the epitome of what went wrong with Marvel in the 90's. Carnage would be ahead of him in that part.

I'm old enough to remember his debut. He was considered a decent character, albeit inferior to the 2 other Goblins.

An insane demon attempting to win his way back into Heaven by killing sinners (which, according to his very loose definition, is basically everyone) is kind of interesting.

He was a good Moon Knight villain. Sent him off on probably his wildest storyline from the marc Spector series. I am a fan.

>Carnage would be ahead of him in that part
Fuck you, i like Carnage.

JUST

Attached: IMG_0982.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I hope he makes a comeback somehow

>Was Demogoblin actually a good villain
No.
>was he just the epitome of what went wrong with Marvel in the 1990s?
Are you describing Carnage or Demogoblin? Ignore the creation date and even Venom fits that bill. It was just a bad time, Demogoblin was just one among many shit ideas and executions and not at all a standout one.

>Hobgoblin somehow niche
I had one and didn't much care for it. Had a glider and a bomb too.

I was seriously hoping Peter David was going to make him the Scarlet Spider/ Jackal and just keep Ben Reilly dead like Eric Masterson.