Untitled

bookriot.com/2018/01/18/iron-fist-racist/amp/

Attached: 34A715CE-8C8D-4EB0-8CD1-0A40B088F182.jpg (600x895, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.popmatters.com/freedom-fighters-2496230055.amp.html
inverse.com/article/29155-iron-fist-marvel-comics-whitewashing-roy-thomas
mobile.twitter.com/Joshua_Luna/status/842407625547513856
thenerdsofcolor.org/2014/03/11/marvel-please-cast-an-asian-american-iron-fist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>bookriot

You see this kids, this is what we call a bait thread. It was made for no other reason than to make people angry for no reason and shill for some no name webside that Yea Forums has no reason to care about.

Attached: school of bait.jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

Did you actually read the article?

Iron Fist is a losing battle no matter what. Leave Danny white and it's "mighty whitey." Make him Asian and you're playing to the stereotype that all Asians know martial arts. Make him any other race and you're blackwashing/pandering. You can't win.

What if they made him an inhumanoid alien?

>Make him Asian and you're playing to the stereotype that all Asians know martial arts.
Well maybe if there was a greater variety of Asian masculinity, there wouldn’t be a problem.

>2018/01/18/
Who fucking cares about one and a half years old shit?

So what about Orson?

Here’s your answer.

Attached: FAF965DF-BEC0-4688-84B5-C419301DD693.jpg (1242x1583, 666K)

What is it about?

Attached: 45DD6CF7-E85B-4269-96E7-EC772A3C2D68.jpg (1242x1935, 655K)

asians are for side characters and villains.

Fuck you. I hope Shang Chi rapes Danny Rand

Attached: 8FE97A88-E3CE-46B1-B933-B29B35E27149.jpg (1242x897, 297K)

Attached: 26A8F9F0-1539-4525-928A-A039C5C985F7.jpg (1242x1715, 693K)

Attached: 88E3EE58-2628-419A-B361-6A2D014FCF2F.jpg (1242x1403, 898K)

Attached: B0DEE828-1688-4002-A612-2974CB97245E.jpg (1242x1595, 626K)

Attached: CCA38564-A4D9-4BC7-99D3-A61B9C55DBD1.jpg (1242x1451, 555K)

>404
Fuck this provider.

Oh and here some background on the author

Attached: 3CBD15A1-1624-4FA4-B62B-125A15C659CC.jpg (1242x648, 328K)

Clearly someone that has no knowledge of the "Stranger in a Strange Land" thematic.

Kung-Fu television series also dealt with this. A child of two world that was never accepted in either.

Is this person an adult?
Genuinely asking.

Iron fist doesn’t matter because Shang Chi is coming out; he’s everything these people want and will probably eclipse Danny in the minds of normies

Wait, Brisson is a SJW now?

Article author has clearly only read the recent PM/IF comic, then skimmed Danny's wiki page.

I think I speak for all Iron Fist fans when I say fuck these outrage bloggers, fuck butthurt chinamen who don't read comics and fuck that shitty Netflix series.

No, why should I bother reading something that OP is shilling?

Won’t people complain that Shang-Chi a stereotypical karate man?

How does it feel knowing Danny is going to be replaced by a real Asian hero?

>lear Asian helo
Fixed for true Asian-ness.

>NASCAR! Sunscreen! Mayonnaise!
Fixed for true whiteness.

You forgot
>Big Penises!

Desi men have bigger dicks

Pics or gtfo

Ask your mother

>I think I speak for all Iron Fist fans when I say fuck these outrage bloggers, fuck butthurt chinamen who don't read comics and fuck that shitty Netflix series.

THIS

there is literally no racist intent with Iron Fist. these faggots are trying to ascribe nefarious motives and don't even understand the character.

>Iron fist doesn’t matter because Shang Chi is coming out; he’s everything these people want and will probably eclipse Danny in the minds of normies

Iron Fist and Shang-Chi are two totally separate characters with different backstories. I'll bet Fiege will reboot Iron Fist down the road like he's doing X-Men and FF4. It's too big of a property to waste on Netflix.

kys chink

make him biracial and get them to stfu

what garbage taste

>He’s not a champion. He’s a frat bro complaining about affirmative action while lounging in a student center with his daddy’s name over the door. And positioning that behavior as heroic compounds the offensiveness of a trope that was tired and insulting 40 years ago, let alone in 2018.

Confirmed for being a trash take by someone who doesn't know Danny's character or anything about the character.

I agree, Marvel studios had a script for him since they began just like Shang Chi or Doctor Strange.

>there is literally no racist intent with Iron Fist.
Sure Jan.
google.com/amp/s/www.popmatters.com/freedom-fighters-2496230055.amp.html

I mean, they literally call themselves trash.

how does that unrelated thing have anything to do with Iron Fist?

inverse.com/article/29155-iron-fist-marvel-comics-whitewashing-roy-thomas

>You mentioned before all of the whitewashing controversy that’s been swirling around Iron Fist. Could you expand on that a bit?

>Yeah, someone made me vaguely aware of that. I try not to think about it too much. I have so little patience for some of the feelings that some people have. I mean, I understand where it’s coming from. You know, cultural appropriation, my god. It’s just an adventure story. Don’t these people have something better to do than to worry about the fact that Iron Fist isn’t Oriental, or whatever word? I know Oriental isn’t the right word now, either.

>He was a character for a comic book at a different time. It’s very easy to second-guess anything. You can argue about Tarzan, you can argue about almost any character who came up then is bound to be not quite PC by some later standard or other. Okay, so you can make some adjustments. If they wanted to kill off white Iron Fist and come up with one who wasn’t Caucasian, that wouldn’t have bothered me, but neither am I ashamed for having made up one who was. He wasn’t intended to stand for any race. He was just a man who was indoctrinated into a certain thing.

>I just think some people have too much time on their hands, I guess. They have an infinite capacity for righteous indignation. By and large, that tends to be misplaced quite often because if you’re becoming all upset over things that are just stories, and if you don’t like it, instead of trying to change somebody else’s story, go out and make up your own character and do a good job of it. That’s just fine, but why waste time trying to run down other people’s characters simply because they weren’t created with your standards in mind?

Straight from the creator's mouth that Iron Fist had zero racist intent.

I don't think Iron Fist is racist but just because there wasn't intent doesn't mean it isn't racist. You can fuck up and have blind spots.

but Iron Fist isn't even culturally insensitive either. There's nothing "fucked up" about a relatively innocuous character.

Why do people get asshurt over Iron Fist but not Batman when he fights Ras al Ghul or Lady Shiva?

It shows how we can be racist without meaning to.

What a racist cunt.

Because Batman wasn’t designed with the mighty whitey trope in mind.

neither was Iron Fist, dipshit

>but Iron Fist isn't even culturally insensitive either. There's nothing "fucked up" about a relatively innocuous character.
He appropriated an entire culture.

>white man learns Asian martial arts, is better at it than the actual Asians, and beats up Asians using said martial arts
Sure user...

>He appropriated an entire culture.

how? Kun Lun took him in and raised him. He left to seek revenge on Harold Meachum. He spends time in NYC with Luke, Misty and Colleen.

Even Immortal Iron Fist shows him as not the best Iron Fist or the best of the Immortal Weapons.

and Kun Lun is descended from aliens. What's your point?

mobile.twitter.com/Joshua_Luna/status/842407625547513856

The point is whites should stick to their own culture.
I realize that whites don’t have a culture and are drawn to other cultures by default but Asians work hard for their culture and don’t take it lightly when it’s taken away.

She’s not wrong though.

Let me put it to you this way; you’re white right? So imagine this Asian guy learns boxing and he’s better at it than white people. Soon, he uses his boxing skills to beat up white people and fucks their women.
Wouldn’t you feel awful?

Ras al Ghul and Lady Shiva are not real minorities

Sounds fair to be honest.

Fair how? Again, imagine yourself in the shoes of an Asian.

Isn’t this just Manny Pacquiao?

see kys faggot

no I'm Indian American

How? What about Danny in ANY OF HIS RUNS screams frat boy?

how is that any different than Creed, but with Asian people?

what does that mean? Iron Fist isn't supposed to have sex with Colleen Wing (Misty is his girl) and he doesn't primarily beat up Asian people

If a guy gets good at a sport like boxing, yeah he's gonna beat up other people who practice it as well. If he's beating everyone and you have to discredit him by his race then you're being petty.

So you understand Asian people’s frustration then

>how is that any different than Creed, but with Asian people?
And remember all those people complaining about Creed?

Now you get why people like Shang Chi over Iron Fist.

Not really.

>107952458
You ain't getting (you)s with such low effort.

Attached: 1525176098963.jpg (600x600, 32K)

They’re not wrong

>107953736
Try harder.
>they
Go dillate tranny.

Attached: 02ee56426998015ca85a894b22e2b9fc7c209abc.png (1693x2002, 535K)

youtube.com/watch?v=X6msEG2rPRI

Happy pride month to you to jackass

>video by a white guy
That’s not bias at all

Fuck you

>bananas, yellow on the outside and white on the inside
Asians truly are the masters of racism.

It takes a special kind of fucknut to dislike Orson Randall. I wouldn't pick him over Danny, but he was a great character.

So white guys can't do karate?

Attached: Chuck-Norris-Richard-Norton.jpg (1024x584, 115K)

Bad example dude

>Don’t @ me
It’s clear the author isn’t what I’d call, all there

Danny's father is from K'un-Lun. Born and raised. He left for New York, started a business and family which he then took back to his homeland. Or tried to, before Meachum iced him.

He’s still white

>How? What about Danny in ANY OF HIS RUNS screams frat boy?
When he teams up with Luke Cage

So? K'un-Lun has a significant caucasian population, has since the original run. Danny and his father among them. Saying they're not K'un-lunese because they're white is out and out bigotry.

thenerdsofcolor.org/2014/03/11/marvel-please-cast-an-asian-american-iron-fist/

You don’t understand Asians.

The Iron Fist show all cultural appropriation shit comes from also has a white woman and black guy from k'un lun.

Well if some of members the liu-shi council hadn't conspired to frame Danny for murder and then tried to cheat to win the tournament, then maybe she would have a point.

He still acted like a prick.

Based

Boxing is not very white

Yeah user would be making a better point if he was talking baseball, and this was 1944.

>if you're taught how to use kung fu by the people who made it, you're racist
Fart

Why can’t Danny be Asian though?

Because he wasn't born to an Asian family.

Isn’t Danny half Asian?

Then retcon it. Or replace him. Just get the white boy out of the Asian space

Would NASCAR work better? Jesus fucking Christ...

>Then retcon it. Or replace him.
Pass. You're not in charge.

Oh, look who's implying Asians can't drive now.

If there’s enough public pressure, Marvel has to shake him up. If they can replace Spider-Man with an Afro Latino kid, this is no brainer

They didn't replace Peter Parker with Miles, even in his own universe. Can you please roleplay as someone worth replying to?

Fucking hockey then. You get the point.

Jane Foster, Sam Wilson, Kamala Khan, Amadeus Cho, Robbie Reyes, Carol Danvers, Sam Alexander, etc.
There’s precedence for this.

Characters are more than their names, as you would know from Shakespeare if you'd paid any attention in any English class. I guess you're not going to roleplay as someone worth replying to.

That was hilariously-stupid.

>Shang-Chi
>karate

Still, you can’t do things from 40 years ago.

The best player on my bantam hockey team was Cambodian, never bothered anyone. In no why you think I'm so insecure that the idea of somebody being skilled at a given sport would ruin my day somehow.

Yes I can, you're still not in charge. Apply yourself.

>Complains about outsiders leaving
>Ignores that one female Iron Fist from K'un-Lun that went AWOL chasing dick

Wu was also an Outsider, despite being Asian.

Why is it that the same people who constantly scream for diversity and inclusion also push for cultural segregation?

I don't know. Are you going to use the answers to fix the problem?

No, his dad was adopted by the Yu-Ti while he lived in kunlun as a child, but he was white. Now Danny’s sister in the other hand, she’s half asian, her mother was a native of kunlun.

There isn’t, most real Asians don’t give a shit, and the ones complaining are either white hipsters or bananas.

Not anymore.

>real Asians
Why don’t Asian Americans count anymore? Why do people only only listen to the natives?

The point is, doesn’t it make you mad when someone invades your space?

Have you noticed that no one gives Roy Harper shit for being a white man raised by a native tribe?
It’s the same shit.

No he doesn't; he's a classic Fish Out Of Water character; any understanding of US culture that he may have had was a) 10 years out of date, 2) filtered thru the perceptions of a 9-year-old, and 3) has been supplanted by his indoctrination into the culture and philosophy of K'un Lun. He's always been uncomfortable about the wealth he has, and really only values it because it allows him to do what he wants, which is HELP OTHER PEOPLE, REGARDLESS OF RACE, CREED, OR COLOR. AND he certainly doesn't just "beat up Asian guys", he beats the unholy fuck out of evildoers, REGARDLESS OF RACE, CREED, OR COLOR. Street thugs, mercenaries, supervillains, robots, ninja, monsters, aliens, whatever does evil gets bruised and broken to fuck by the power of the Iron Fist.

Attached: 2260121E-03C0-4AD5-8712-E348DB5E4214.jpg (500x302, 56K)

>h-he’s not a mighty whitey, I swear you guys!

It STINKS.

Attached: IT_STINKS.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Neither is anyone in a comic book.

Luke Cage, Sam Wilson, etc.

Idiot.

I thought I "didn't have a culture " so how can I have a space to be invaded?

No, she's *completely* wrong.

>when someone invades your space
Omigod im dying here need oxygen call 9112333333333333333dfghjuomac...................................

>Just get the white boy out of the Asian space
Go fuck your sister.

They aren't real, user.

>Outsiders get out
>You stole my Iron Fist

Attached: Davos.png (234x492, 255K)

I thought the Iron Fist title was bestowed by the dragon, not Davos?

No i don't

>Wouldn’t you feel awful?
Why would anyone feel awful about it? People watch boxing to see good fights. If he's bringing good fights then he's who should be in boxing. You're a complete blithering doofus.

Iron Fist has had multiple runs and increased prominence in the 2000s.

meanwhile Shang-Chi hasn't been relevant since the 70s, and the movie is the only thing that is saving the character.

have you ever read a book with their dynamic? Luke is the brash, street-smart urban one, and Danny is the laidback, fish out of water one who is zen.

Danny isn't a frat boy. That's more like Johnny Storm.

>Jane Foster, Sam Wilson, Kamala Khan, Amadeus Cho, Robbie Reyes, Carol Danvers, Sam Alexander, etc.
>There’s precedence for this.

most of whom are irrelevant, already reverted back to their original holder and will never get adaptations in live action that's worth anything?

>Still, you can’t do things from 40 years ago.

and yet the MCU still adapts characters primarily from the 60s and 70s with not many changes.

in the MCU, he's either going to be adopted from somewhere in East or South Asia by parents raised in the USA or will be half-white and half-East or South Asian. he's one of the easiest characters to change to try to appeal more to people in China and a bunch of people will get pissed off at Marvel if they have a white Iron Fist before an Asian Iron fist in the MCU

You know we've already had live-action Iron Fist right? Within the past 5 years? Nobody's talking about a reboot. You're arguing headcanon, or in your case: asscanon.

>Make him Asian and you're playing to the stereotype that all Asians know martial arts

True, but that's far less racist of a stereotype, and it's easily fixed by just featuring other Asian characters who aren't martial artists in the story.

Even worse would be to bend to every complaint from the audience. Let the audience make their own content or find something else because they are choking on options. There's no such thing as "less racist," especially with the people who make these complaints. It's all well and good to try to play faggot's advocate, but they're still faggots and fuck them.

>there is literally no racist intent with Iron Fist.

That doesn't matter. You can be racist even when you don't intend to be, and a lot of times the best of intentions end up being questionable. Nobody is saying Iron Fist blatantly offensive and racist character that needs to be banned, but there is no denying that it does rely heavily on the whole "white savior" trope that has its own deeply rooted racist connotations, so the character does have its share of issues and trying to just go "nuh-huh" because you like the character is being disingenuous and ignorant.

>Even worse would be to bend to every complaint from the audience.

If you could have gotten an actual Asian martial artists for the TV show at least the choreography would have been better.

>but there is no denying that it does rely heavily on the whole "white savior" trop
It can't be a "white savior" if since K'un-lun has a local white population. Among them, Danny's father.

>they're asian, so they're more qualified
That's stupid. Martial arts aren't about your skin color.

>or will be half-white and half-East

that's about the farthest I'm willing to accept. Race-bending Danny any further is just retarded.

I think anybody with common sense wants a rebooted Iron Fist. Netflix show did him zero justice and the budgets weren't there.

>it's what i want so it's common sense
I had no idea I had wandered onto Facebook to see this retarded argument with no merit. Yeah it was shit, but so is your post.

imagine having such shit taste to defend Netflix Iron Fist. Enjoy your twink Danny and Kun Lun filled with people who wear bathrobes.

I'll keep pushing for an Iron Fist reboot because only a movie can do him justice like Thor or Black Panther. Same for Luke Cage so we can get Heroes for Hire.

>imagine having such shit taste to defend Netflix Iron Fist
Learn to read.

True, but most white actors don't have a martial arts background necessary for the role, and look what you got with Finn Jones.

Blame the directors and producers first, nobody tried to recast him and they okayed the constant jump cuts and they didn't push him into training more thoroughly.

Race is not the issue, no matter how many times you try to pretend it is.

Race is not the whole issue. But to pretend it doesn't matter at all when it comes to characters like IF is you being completely ignorant to how it affects for example Asian communities.

"Asian communities" don't own martial arts.

That's because his background barely ever comes up and his entire skill set and character isn't defined by "he's really good at bows because he grew up with a native tribe!"

Really loving how all these people who do not read comics think the character whose dad is literally Fu Manchu is the not racist option

You can completely remove the Fu Manchu connection and Shang Chi still works as a character. With Danny it's different because his character relies entirely on the white savior trope.

Shang-Chi is just a Bruce Lee clone (hell, Deodato even draws him to still look like Lee even now). He's just as much an unfortunate product of his time, but for some reason people are content to just scream about Iron Fist. I don't even remember people complaining about Doctor Strange, a character just as steeped in Orientalist shit who also goes off to the East to learn how to do his shtick better than all the PoCs. Fucked up.

>if you ignore the bad things, it's ok
>but don't ignore these bad things, that's not ok
Holy dumb fuck.

most actors in general don't. Chris Evans is still a believable Captain America.

Shang-Chi's main stories revolve around his dad's evil empire. Literally the predication for the character.

>With Danny it's different because his character relies entirely on the white savior trope.

not really, Danny spends more time in NYC than he does in Kun-Lun

>He's just as much an unfortunate product of his time

Sure, but because he's a straight up Bruce Lee clone he's been able revamp himself and drop all the more problematic aspects of his backstory. Unlike Danny, who regularly relies on his backstory to tell new solo stories.

>I don't even remember people complaining about Doctor Strange, a character just as steeped in Orientalist shit who also goes off to the East to learn how to do his shtick better than all the PoCs.

That's because Dr. Strange is a character whose entire character doesn't revolve around just doing oriental shit better than anyone else. He does all kinds of magic. It's not as tied to Asian culture. What's more problematic is his relationship with Wong, where Wong was a classic case of "let's make a minority be the servant to a rich white dude" but they've really went out their way to fix that in the comics in recent times, so they've addressed it.

Strange's roots are part of a old trope, true, but it's not as racist because his character arc entirely is being an arrogant asshole who gets humbled by his master, and he only "wins" the title after fighting his fellow evil apprentice who had murdered the Ancient One. Not because he was some kind of a prodigy who BTFO all the Asian students because he's white. And he doesn't spend his time fighting Asian magic beings, it barely comes up. So there's very little cultural appropriation going on.

And people did complain when the movie went out of its way to go the opposite direction by going "oh no no no no no no, it's not Tibet, the Ancient One isn't Asian!" just because Marvel didn't want the movie banned in China.

>Shang-Chi's main stories revolve around his dad's evil empire.

Yes, and it works just as well without his dad being literally Fu Manchu. That's why it's not the same. An Asian crime lord operating in Asia isn't racist, unlike Fu Manchu where you've got an entire yellow peril racism shit tied to the property.

>he's been able revamp himself and drop all the more problematic aspects of his backstory.
No he hasn't. His dad is still a big feature of his stories and all they did was drop the name Fu Manchu because they don't have that license anymore. The dad is still an evil, dragon-helmet-wearing, long moustache-having Yellow Peril caricature, he just has a different name.

>The dad is still an evil, dragon-helmet-wearing, long moustache-having Yellow Peril caricature

Pretty sure they've stepped as far away from that as possible in every recent appearance his dad has made, which is rare these day because nobody wants to touch him with a ten feet pole due to how problematic it is rights wise alone.

This is what Fu Manchu, I mean Zheng Zu, looks like now. Maybe you're thinking of the Mandarin, who's recent appearances have had him wearing a suit and tie instead of his robes and shit.

Attached: Zheng_Zu_(Earth-616)_from_Secret_Avengers_Vol_1_8_(cover).jpg (504x1121, 234K)

There's no point in racebending Danny, not when marvel is introducing a bunch of new Asian characters to appeal to the east.

Attached: 1558637900263.png (610x914, 1.13M)

Danny's not going anywhere, not now that he has a sidekick/student.

Attached: dc930yv-521b30a6-2aec-453c-841e-7936e6bc103f.jpg (659x1000, 961K)

I wish they'd drop this shitass tracksuit costume he's had for the past few years.

I miss the white shit he had when he was in the avengers.

Looks badass. Would hench for.

>used to be a professional
>now as a pathetically small patreon and even Image won't publish his lazy woke bullshit
I love it

Little kung fu girl with magic bear powers.
Little kung fu girl with magic dragon chi.

needs more radioactive man

Attached: Radioactive-Man-Marvel-Comics-e.jpg (500x803, 81K)

Hey, sometimes a man needs a day to himself so that he can unwind.

Attached: F025FA90-6FB2-49B4-B141-3747B6304B72.jpg (725x514, 146K)

>5 koreans
>4 chinese
>1 filipino
>no japs
Did Supreme Radiant Friend’s invite get lost in the mail? Or are the rest still sore about WWII?

Attached: 02DF9286-641E-4656-A0AA-603DCDB62225.jpg (1200x1800, 303K)

Sam Wilson became the new Captain America

And he’s back to being Falcon.

Didn’t the natives teach him how to use a bow to begin with?
Why don’t writers remember this instead of “My ward is a junkie!”

In the movies.

White people just don’t get it.

Yes they do

It wouldn’t even be that hard since his dad was born in K’un-L’un to begin with.

>I'll keep pushing for an Iron Fist reboot because only a movie can do him justice like Thor or Black Panther.
>Implying the MCU did Thor justice
Kek

Wasn’t Wendell just some kid that Orsom adopted and trained how to fight after he left kun lun.

>complains about white people
>talks about frat bros

Every time

I was talking more about the original origin story where Danny’s dad was related to Yu-Ti, unless I’m misremembering it.

>There's no point in racebending Danny, not when marvel is introducing a bunch of new Asian characters to appeal to the east.
As it should be.

Comics are fucking drowning in Japanese superheroes already for some reason.

When Wendell went to Kun-lun on his own he was adopted by the Tu-ti at the time, because that dude was massive westaboo. The Yu-ti while Danny was being raised there was technically his adoptive uncle, since he was the son of the Yu-ti who adopted Wendell.

>for some reason
Anime. It’s because of anime.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up user

At the exact same time as Iron Fist's Netflix drop, there was a show made by AMC that eventually found its own way to Netflix called Into the Badlands which was about an Asian man and his black girlfriend teaming up with an all female tribe of assassins to upend the post apocalyptic southern plantation allegory of a setting and #KillAllWhiteMen with wire-fu and decent to above average choreography.

FUCK these people. They already have their show and all they want is control over the entire sub-genre without having to actually find and support shows trying their best to cater to them. Too bad Iron Fist was dogshit.

>triggered white boy afraid of based Asians

>They already have their show and all they want is control over the entire sub-genre without having to actually find and support shows trying their best to cater to them.
Cry me a fucking river

>Danny can't be part of Kun Lun bc he's white
literally essentialist

>Too bad Iron Fist was dogshit.
The Asian girl was a qt

typical WHITE MAN response.

t. seething asian boi

I really dislike this viewpoint because it denies that anyone can adopt a new home or ever be part of a culture they weren't born into. Many Western countries have large populations of immigrants who've adapted to the culture and in many cases have lived here longer than they did their home countries. To say they're just not One of Us is petty dick shit.

I think a lot of Danny's origin could be fixed just by retconning it entirely and modernize it so that it's less white saviory and, well, less dumb.

Instead of the convoluted "my family has been to Kun Lun before and my daddy wanted to bring me there too but then his business partner betrayed him and got my parents killed and then I was abandoned to Kun Lun until I left to seek revenge and what do you know, not only am I the best martial artist I'm also filthy rich!" it should just be that whenever the portal to Kun Lun opens (maybe every year or so) they kidnap kids from all over the world to replenish their ranks (because the city has a high mortality rate) and Danny is one of them. This makes Kun Lun more diverse and less oriental exoticism heavy. Then he trains with the other kids, doesn't really remember Earth because he's so young, ultimately becomes Iron Fist, finally discovers the true nature of Kun Lun (Yu-ti and the other nobles are basically last survivors of an immortal race who broke into factions that built all the celestial cities after a bloody civil war and now they all basically fight their eternal war through human proxy armies because their numbers are so scarce), gets disgusted that his entire life is a lie, and decides to leave and go seek his real family, only to discover they're already dead, then when he's broke and trying to figure out how to live in New York which is completely foreign to him he meets Luke and they partner up. Bam. Danny is less of a white savior and more of a victim of exploitation who chose to break the circle of eternal violence. But because he's technically still Kun Lun's official champion, he occasionally gets dragged back to sort their shit.

But he's still white and the best martial artist, so this won't satisfy detractors.

And it'll definitely piss off fans of the older series by making the people who raised him evil, though at least not quite as bad as Azz's Amazons.

Based argument destroyer

He can’t be though.
Would you call a white person African just because they were born in Africa?

>Try to make Danny more political correct
>turn the L’un-K’un into thieving gypsies that steal children
That’s arguably worse than a “white savior”.

Yu-ti was already an asshole. And you can just make the Thunderer a brainwashed loyalist and truer believer that thinks the ruling elite is actually giving people a more worthy life by teaching them honor and making them weapons for the immortal city of Kun Lun.

Yes. Though depending on the region I'd spell it with a K and an extra A.

>Thunderer a brainwashed loyalist
Yeah,that won't piss off old readers. Not a bit.

>I think a lot of Danny's origin could be fixed just by retconning it entirely and modernize it so that it's less white saviory and, well, less dumb.
It’s no less dumb or even white savior-y compared to comic backstories

>I left to seek revenge and what do you know, not only am I the best martial artist I'm also filthy rich!
This is literally Batman. Does this mean we need to take away Batman’s wealth and retcon his backstory to make him less of a white savior?

Who gives a shit? Fuck his old fans.

Batman isn't a white savior. He was trained by the best, but he isn't the best at everything. Stop trying to make this same retarded argument.

Old fans are irrelevant. The goal is to fix IF, not pander he fans.

>Batman isn't a white savior. He was trained by the best, but he isn't the best at everything.
If only the writers remembered this.

So take the option that will please no one.

That was my point user; he isn’t anymore of a white savior than Danny is, yet only Danny gets the label. So if people are going to “fix” IF, why not “fix” Batman?

>The goal is to fix IF
Why fix something that isn’t broken?

Danny regularly has to go back and save the city. That's why he's the white savior.

>Old fans are irrelevant
What DC and Marvel have been saying for a while now.

No he’s the hero. Heroes typically save their city.

So if Danny were, say a black man, would it suddenly be okay?
Because he’s still an outsider that saves a city he wasn’t born into. They only difference is that he’s a different color.

>a superhero has to save a city that’s in danger
Stop the fucking presses.

>So if Danny were, say a black man, would it suddenly be okay?
yes. as a matter of fact it's outrageous that he isn't

Given how insanely racist Asians can be to blacks and vice versa, not seeing how it would be the better option.

How is it okay?

It would, because it's not rooted in the white savior narrative anymore that has a racist colonial history.

This is shit.

Are you trying to imply Asia has never had a history colonialism?

>This is better because it doesn’t vaguely involve something that happened centuries ago
>Never mind that following logic of others, this is still outsider appropriating another culture

Do people who actually come from Asia know or care about Iron Fist?

You’re shit

No.

Bitch please

Actual asians don’t care, the only ones crying are american twinkies who only give a shit about their culture when it suits them.

Part of me was hoping that Pele would stick around become their Thor/Venus, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to be he case.

Attached: 28F95CC5-5DD6-49BF-BECA-1F618E9EB30F.png (632x986, 1.11M)

>Asian Americans aren’t real Asians
Fuck off

>no Polynesian waifu
>no Polynesian mythology rep period
It hurts

yes, it's his worst look by far. The black is so uninspired too.

>his worst look so far
>not the fucking high collar green suit that shows his titties

>Who gives a shit? Fuck his old fans.

why? they have been supporting him the longest while you're a filthy casual

Danny doesn't go back to Kun-Lun often. Most of his adventures deal with stuff in New York. Even in Immortal Iron Fist, the other Immortal Weapons were shown as more powerful than him.

that's a fun 70s look, this tracksuit shit is just bland and unimaginative

His old fans will never support a political correct Iron Fist in the modern age.

This. Call it corny and outdated all you want, at least it looks like a costume.
This new suit looks like he’s going to order take out and binge watch Netflix

Shit im not even white but I guess I'll swoop down for the defense

>White man learns how to fight from a select of FEW of great asian marital aritsts

>Beats the shit out of jobber Asians who didn't train properly.

Its not Danny's fault those gooks didn't study hard enough.

Asians can still be better than whites in combat

And that's not getting into how there's a bunch of other Immortal Weapons, many of whom are Asian, who are better fighters than Danny is. And a bunch of previous Iron Fists who were smarter, better fighters, more imaginative with their powers, blah blah blah. Immortal Iron Fist really went out of its way to show that Danny isn't the be all and end all.

what are you retards talking about?
The two jumpsuits are incredibly similar, with the new one having a closed chest and stripes on the sides.

White people tend to be stupid

Still not good enough

My not saying they can't im just saying that the ones he fight and beat are jobbers.

I feel thats the core of most Marvel heroes, most of them aren't OP.

we are talking about the black tracksuit, you retard faggots. Compare that to Iron Fist's old costumes which actually look good and worthy of a superhero, and not some dogshit.

They aren't similar.

It never will be.

It’s time for whites to understand this

Yes, yes. White people are horrible and will rape you.
Now get that cock out of your mouth.

Why am i not surprised she is a woman?

Elektra, Iron Fist, and Psylocke team-up book when?

Why even bother trying to be diplomatic? Minorities want an enemy and at this rate they will get it.

>Psylocke
She doesn't have any ninja shit anymore tho. She has a psychic saber instead of a psychic katana

Whites will buckle under minorities.

When has a white person not raped anyone

Ninja shit should be completely fine since the dominant cultural portrayal of ninjas is entirely an invention of Hollywood anyway

It's not a tracksuit, it's a jumpsuit.
It's the same basic design, but with an emblem instead of an open chest, full length legs and stripes on the sides instead of a sash belt.

Attached: iron fist.png (973x753, 954K)

Feels like something is missing without a sash.

>Danny regularly has to go back and save the city
So does Clark.

No one likes Superman.

(You)
Don't spend it in all one place.

But now he is expropriating black culture by basically being a slave

Superman sells less than Batman

Kinda weird this guy is apparently invested in the story of Iron Fist enough to write a whole article but apparently unaware Akira Yoshida is a penname of C.B. Cebulski.