Is Peter David's X-Factor (including all three versions) the second most definitive run on an X-book behind Claremont's...

Is Peter David's X-Factor (including all three versions) the second most definitive run on an X-book behind Claremont's Uncanny?

Attached: images.jpg (182x277, 12K)

New X-Men is top tier my man

it maybe breaks top 10, but no where near 2nd

no

No. Because the only fucking PAD X-Factor run that people ACTUALLY give a shit about is the first one. No one, NO ONE gives a shit about the post-House of M PAD X-Factor run or the short lived Gambit/Polaris led team series PAD wrote.

Definitive X-Men/Mutant runs people give a shit about:

Claremont's first run on Uncanny

Roy Thomas/Neal Adams run on Uncanny

Grant Morrison's New X-Men run

Larry Hama's Wolverine run

PAD's first X-Factor run

Rob Liefeld's New Mutants/X-Force run

Louis Simonson's X-Factor run

Scott Lobdell/Fabian Niceiza's X-Men run

Joe Kelly's Deadpool run

Fabian Niceiza's Cable and Deadpool series

Danial Way's Deadpool

Joe Casey's Cable run

Alan Davis' Excalibur runs, as artist and later writer

Whedon and Cassady's Astonishing X-Men

Mike Carey's run on X-Men, but not the first two years worth only when the book got rebranded X-Men Legacy

I'll add a few
>Spurrier X-Men Legacy and X-Club
>Hine District X
>Kyle & Yost pretty much all their X work
>Ellis and Pak Astonishing X-Men (It isn't as good as Whedon's but I think they are solid as hell)

Does X-Statix count?

yes

Do people actually like Cable and Deadpool? That series is fucking awful from start to finish.

Spurrier x-force is the most underrated comic in this decade

No. The best X-Factor

X-Factor: Louis Simonson

Attached: images (2).jpg (437x701, 82K)

I do, they were all great

Actually Ellis's Astonishing is pretty much reviled. The only good thing Ellis did was the second arc with Phil Jimenez drawing it and even then, it was one huge nostalgia fest done explicitly because no one fucking bought the first Ellis arc/it flopping as badly as it did in terms of tanking sales compared to the Whedon run.

By the end, yes.

When the series launched, it was widely reviled because A. it required you having read the Liefeld X-Force V2 mini (which itself was a recycled Cable Year One book that Liefeld reworked) that came before it and B. Fabian for the first half of the run, focused heavily on Cable and outside one arc (during House of M), Deadpool did nothing but make quips and had no plot of his own or purpose except to serve as Cable's sounding board.

Halfway through, Fabian caved and started giving Deadpool more to do. Though that was mostly due to Fabian having to work around Mike Carey using Cable in X-Men on his team and the fact that the build-up to Messiah Complex required a 4-5 month period where Cable was presumed dead.

The last 10 issues IIRC of C&DP was basically a stealth Deadpool team-up book with other heroes because Fabian wasn't allowed to play along with the idea of Cable faking his death and couldn't show him and Deadpool prepping for Messiah Complex, let alone being part of the X-Over.

I love it, he plays up the sex aspect of the X-Men instead of it just being refered too in passing.. I thought I would hate this book cause the weird art but it totally worked for how he was writing the characters

Attached: emma rides scott.jpg (400x607, 31K)

>no uncanny x force

X-Force comics are almost all good besides Humphries shit

>Roy Thomas/Neal Adams run on Uncanny
f off, this run is a chore to read. not even adams pretty pictures can save it

sorry grandpa, things just aren't the same as when you were young

>A. it required you having read the Liefeld X-Force V2 mini
no it didn't

Remender Uncanny X-Force is probably another one

I don't care if people hate Aaron at the moment but I really liked Wolverine and the X-Men