How come they don't use Tigra in the MCU?

How come they don't use Tigra in the MCU?

Attached: 1529536383740.jpg (856x1171, 665K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/54135-marvel-tigra-dazzler-show-animated-hulu-release-date-plot-trailer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because her character history is a long road of failures and fetish fueled misfortunes sorry to say. She has a bad habit of getting enslaved and defeated. However that said, I'm all for Tigra making a comeback in comics.

Literally who character with nothing interesting to her but furbait

fuck tigra. the hood did nothing wrong.

Attached: tigrahood5.jpg (774x1169, 283K)

I like Tigra but as said she can be a hard sell nowadays. I remember a fanfic where MJ became Tigra, but she was a mutant there

It wouldn't be worth the cost of making her look good in live action.

I've always had a soft spot for Tigra since I had an early crush on her from the Avenger: United They Stand cartoon from 2000. She had a southern accent and I always figured her as the "Rouge" of the team.

Now that being said, I can see why characters like her, Wonder Man, Black Knight and such don't show up in the MCU. To complicated and not popular enough.

However, people said the same thing about Carol Danvers once upon a time.

Attached: 2186203-tigra1912.jpg (377x283, 35K)

>Rouge
It's Rogue user

whatever

>Now that being said, I can see why characters like her, Wonder Man, Black Knight and such don't show up in the MCU.
Because they were doing a story arc revolving around the original Avengers, Loki and leading to a big Thanos climax?
There have only been 4 Avengers movies, and those revolve around the core team (with Widow and Hawkguy being used as emergency subs for Hank and Jan) and the sidekicks of the core members.
They are only now getting to the point where they'd be introducing characters like Tigra or Hercules or the like.

WHY would you want that? This character is a worse outrage ticking timebomb than Captain Marvel?

He knows what he meant.

Attached: Mario-and-Sonic-at-the-Rio-2016-Olympic-GamesCTRP_BGX_charS06_1_R_ad.png (1775x3292, 3.57M)

A cat girl in a bikini isn't female empowerment enough.

Attached: Bitch.png (373x787, 611K)

You could get a female writer to do a Superheroine that's a failure and sexually frustrated, but since real female sexual fantasies are not really appealing to men you would lost the fetish fuel side.

if dc could pull off an aquaman movie then marvel could easily push tigra if they really wanted to

Attached: Marvel-Tigra.jpg (768x852, 159K)

>Because her character history is a long road of failures and fetish fueled misfortunes sorry to say.
Didn't stop Captain Marvel.

>Female writer
That's your first fuckup. Get a competent writer, not one with the same genitals as the character
The fuck are you even talking about, you casual? First of all, DC studios is a different company entirely. And second, Aquaman actually has good comics. Are you one of those retards that fell for the "hurr durr Aquaman is lame!" meme?

Well, they could give her spider-man like strength and have her run really fast on all fours and have her scale buildings and stuff. That would be cool, plus you could have all kinds of cat jokes placed in there. Of course, she could be a character who doesn't really take herself to seriously. Also have her powers have an off and on switch so she can shift into her Tigra form. Either that or some kind of holographic disguise. Maybe have her be an ex sex worker who's trying to make a difference now that life has given her a second chance at being a somebody that can make a difference in the world.

It could work out pretty great because she could be someone who's life was down in the gutter but now through luck or whatever she can change her fate. Lastly, she's not a previous character so you could change up he backstory if need be and fans wouldn't trip too hard over it.

Attached: Tigra_Marvel_XP.png (360x502, 281K)

Do you want to know something really sad about Tigra's state right now? She wasn't even in Amazing Spider-Man's Hunted storyline where Kraven kidnaps nearly every animal themed villain/hero he could for one big hunt. Now you may say "well its not like he got Wolverine", which is true. But Tigra actually has history with Kraven, and fits the totem shit to a tee

>Are you one of those retards that fell for the "hurr durr Aquaman is lame!" meme?

no. actually i'm a huge fan

Then why say something so dumb?

Besides all the difficulty in finding actually good stories with her as the main character: If Beast in Fox's X-Men movies is any indicator she would look somewhere between cheap halloween costume and "straight out of uncanny valley". Nobody would want to see that.

>She has a bad habit of getting enslaved and defeated
Didn't stop 90% of the X-Men.

Shit you're right. Though she was with Hnak right? So it makes sense for Task and Ant to not go after her.

She's just eye candy.

see

the point is a lot of comics characters have baggage. or things about them that could come off as hokey to audiences depending on how they are handled. and marvel has had a more consistent track record of success even if i'm not huge into the mcu. i don't really think it would be that hard

>ex sex worker

Attached: 1559246750185.png (489x660, 286K)

>If Beast in Fox's X-Men movies is any indicator she would look somewhere between cheap halloween costume and "straight out of uncanny valley".

yeah that would be my biggest concern desu. even hulk doesn't look that great to me. kind of a disappointment

I tried to sneak that one in there but hey it's not a sticking point for me. LOL

Attached: james_franco-500x355.jpg (500x355, 37K)

MCU hulk is just disappointing in every movie except the first Avengers and Ragnarok.

Fems in the MCU don't want to wear leotards, just figure bikinis ....

I want to fuck that sole.

Tigra's big issue is that people never get her powerlevel right. Shes got class 10 strength, enhanced speed, enhanced agility, claws, and supersenses, but writers consistently either have chump out to villains far below her powerlevel or throw her up against villains so far beyond her it's pointless.

90% of the X-Men have stories beyond enslaved and defeated and most of the enslaved and defeated stories end with the character in question breaking free and defeating the villain in the end.

>That's your first fuckup. Get a competent writer, not one with the same genitals as the character
What do you know about sexual female fantasies?

Yeah, I think she'd be a good candidate to get the star treatment. She's technically almost as strong as Spiderman and instead of spidey sense, she has those supersenses so they could use that to totally show how badass she could potentially be. She'd be strong enough not to be just another MCU fem that can kick well but she could actually do some major damage. Tough enough where you could actually slam her through some stuff without killing her but still showing that she's tough enough to pull her own weight. I think now that we have a Captain Marvel it would be totally cool to have a Tigra who could be a bit more playful with her appeal. I understand it though if people wanna push back on the sexuality thing, but she's a freaking kitty cat it's like so easy to play into that trope at least a little bit.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25K)

If the netflix series were still a thing, I could imagine Tigra showing up in a different series as some kind if Guest-Star but all for herself? Can't wrap my head around it without turning it into "Tigra in name only"

They can just have her be the new Natasha, the chick who only appears in team-ups and other people's movies until she dies and gets her own.

I wouldn't put her in a standalone anything so yeah I'd for sure have her show up in something but most likely the movies. Have her pop up in Ant-Man or something that has a more playful premise. As long as they don't try to get to "woke" with her character and play to how strengths then yeah I'd like to see her. I don't have an issue with "woke" stuff either but the idea of Tigra is kinda silly but I could see it working.

I wouldn't even see a need for a playful environment. She could work, pretty well in
a gritty supernatural or horror niche but that was more on the TV/Streaming-side of the MCU (and that one is currently pretty dead).

I'd prefer something more playful but something darker works just as well. As long as it's handled well in whatever media would have her.

>sexual female fantasies
rape with rich guys is the big one if bestseller 50 shades of grey says anything

wrong bich

s-shut it down!

Here's why

Attached: 1554599138972.jpg (1600x2384, 646K)

Tigra had a hard life

Has there ever been an upside for Tigra? This seems like an almost spite filled history.

If there was ever a reason for Marvel to do a CoIE event it would be to retcon this and OMD alone

If I wanted cape furbait I'd go for Chertah

So some geeky writers have a catgirl fetish, so what. Times change and we go on.

How many number 1 has she gotten in the last decade?

Skrull babies

Rogue and Tigra had the same VA.

Tigra's getting a cartoon series

inverse.com/article/54135-marvel-tigra-dazzler-show-animated-hulu-release-date-plot-trailer

She may get one.

May being the key word.

Wouldn't White Tiger be more likely?

White Tiger has been thoroughly dismantled.

I just want Pym and her to be happy in the comics

Attached: pym tigra1.png (500x345, 140K)

>the point is a lot of comics characters have baggage.
this, they even used fucking Hank Pym, the most hated man in comics

>Shes got class 10 strength
only when she is Giant sized

>Superhuman Strength: Tigra possesses superhuman strength sufficient to lift about 10 tons, enough force to deform a 1 inch thick steel bar with ease. Her physical strength also extends, to a lesser degree, to her powerful leg muscles allowing her to perform a standing jump of 12 feet in height.

I know sites like those aren't strictly cannon but she's not class 10

Marvel's ranking system never made sense and hasn't been actually used in years. A "class 10" regardless would be able to jump a hell of a lot higher than 12 feet

Cheetah would disembowel you for fun.

If she's lucky her son will get to hang around his half sister.

because you can't name 1 good story she has that doesn't end with her being a sex slave or a joke

Attached: 664172-avengers_initiative_020__2009___minutemen_zone_.cbr___page_19.jpg (1280x940, 410K)

Kevin Feige is against women to be sexy and show skin on the MCU

Attached: not based.png (809x449, 44K)

This is racist

Attached: 4556k.png (391x387, 303K)

Tigra looks like shit
Disney is killing Marvel in every way
All characters have to be androgynous

Disgusting

Attached: ready-for-marvels-the-offenders.jpg (650x325, 59K)

Did Brie fuck Fiege or something or is he really that much of a faggot

The design looks like shit I hope this isn’t office artwork from the show

Have. Sex.

>Because her character history is a long road of failures and fetish fueled misfortunes sorry to say. She has a bad habit of getting enslaved and defeated.
They used Carol.

We are in the days of the fitness instagram models and more and more athletic singers
and dc and marvel bring us these skeletons actresses
Who are they making these movies anyway?

Attached: CHO.jpg (237x212, 18K)

Dude fighting in bathing suits just doesn't physically work and it looks ridiculous.

Attached: 1549169923849.jpg (234x224, 30K)

So it's barely skin deep.

Who cares?

This is fantasy, not real world grandma

>Catwoman
>Just a thief with a cat motif because lolcats
>Tigra
>Just a woman with orange skin and a tail
>Cheetah
>All over the fucking place
God damn it, I just want an anthropomorphic cat superhero/villain with digitigrade feet

Attached: 1558343501133.gif (320x134, 801K)

so disney hopes to make a mature animation with this she-ra netflix style?

Attached: 1508453252063.png (476x356, 108K)

>>Tigra
>>Just a woman with orange skin and a tail

Tigra could be done with CGI with unrealistic proportions

Attached: 1491962080947.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Well, the action has to be sellable bro. It's gonna look weird seeing a fully clothed Avengers and then a barely dressed lady enters the fray! That's why I always cackle when I read the Justice Leauge, you got all the dudes decked out in armor or bullet-resistant clothing then Wonder Woman shows up boobs half covered and legs bare. It's hilarious but passable in comic books, but that stuff really stands out in movies and parents aren't gonna take their little kids. Corporations want money so they will tone it down to put people in seats. It's pointless to try to go against that metric. Putting clothes on your heronines just makes more money.

Attached: cef3a45ef3f7a8a4b5c2d66148ed6de9.jpg (651x800, 83K)

Like the threads, just not the hair

The point is no one wants to because why the fuck would they?

What reason is there to pick catgirl over literally any other female marvel hero?

Woman

She's a fucking furry that runs around in a bikini and has a long history if getting captured and enslaved. Disney isn't going to touch her. At all

Just let them be happy already

Attached: pym tigra.jpg (1333x1000, 489K)

>they could give her spider-man like strength
She already has that.

>Maybe have her be an ex sex worker
Oh fuck no.

Looks like a Thundercat.

Carol's most prominent story was getting mindcontrolled to the Rape Dimension by her son, who knocked her up with himself so he could take her to the Rape Dimension, but here we are.

>2012 series (17 issues)
>2014 series (15 issues)
>2015 Secret Wars mini (4 issues)
>2016 series (10 issues)
>2017 series (14 issues, resumes Legacy numbering after #9)
>2017 Generations one-shot Captain Marvel and Captain Mar-Vell
>2017 Generations one-shot Ms Marvel and Ms Marvel
>2018 Life of Captain Marvel mini (5 issues)
>2019 series (5 issues published so far)
>2019 MCU movie prelude mini (2 issues)
>2019 Braver and Mightier one-shot

That's 5 'ongoing' books, 3 minis, and 3 one-shots.

At least Tigra, Hit-Monkey, Howard and MODOK can be identified as Tigra, Hit-Monkey, Howard and MODOK. If they didn't tell you that was Dazzler, nobody would think that was meant to be her.

Don't be silly, Cheetah is a DC character.

catwoman arc where selina becomes a cat-woman and has to go all hermit-mode, do it
or completely defies that and starts causing a stir in the media by being a mutant animal-person socialite

>She had a southern accent and I always figured her as the "Rouge" of the team.
same VA too.

A rather unfortunate case of Japan beating the Big 2 again.

Attached: 26F1B537-FB3C-4319-8B67-875F49F50F81.jpg (981x1400, 144K)

Literal who?

God I wish that was me.

>ex sex worker
Make her an ex mma fighter so she can show off her fluffy abbs.

This I love that kind of stuff

>counting one shots and secret wars
you are autistic as fuck. Every character gets one shots and had series cancelled and relaunched for Secret Wars. And Generations was a line wide thing. And every MCU movie has an MCU comic

That's hot

The writer of that episode was really obsessed with that idea. I still can't believe he managed to pull it of un Gargoyles.

Look it's not hard to reinvent Tigra
>Establish that she her powers from a race of mystical cat people that fucked off to another dimension
>Reference that she had a brief career as a superhero, and failed.
>Tries to move on from that point in her life despite constant "Hey weren't you that cat lady that got her ass kicked by Kraven?"
>Introductory arc is her getting mixed up in some villain business by accident, and it leads to her own road to redemption and acceptance.
>Naturally give her a costume that isn't a bikini

I want classic She-Hulk in film. Surely, she can be a new Avenger, at least?

Not unless Universal Studios sells

Kraven's established dominance over her. Not worth bothering to fight.

Tigra is covered in fur.

better be a homo than a furry

it'd suck for her to wear the MCU fullbody suit, just looking like black widow, but with a tail and ears

fuck that would suck.

Same reason they don't use She-Hulk. Too sexy

Maybe a jacket?

>Furbait
>Needs CG
>Discount Cheetah
>Not PC

Is Tigra for bullying?

Attached: 2793762.jpg (1093x352, 77K)

The question was "how many #1s?" and that list breaks it down into ongoings, minis and oneshots. What's the problem with that? It prevents anyone claiming something was missed out.

>Anonymous
And niggas here will tell you that Pete had a hard life.

because there hasn't been a proper entry of introduction for her yet

>Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles.

they cant make death on arrival more clearly?

See this outfit is fine, just not the hair/art

>Tigra and Dazzler
Why pair her with Dazzler?

Reminder Pym is the buttmonkey of Marvel writers since early 00's yet MCU gave it a better treatment.
They can do the same for Tigra, specially now were they want more females characters

Yet we have Olsen great cleavage and before her Johansson.

>Now that being said, I can see why characters like her, Wonder Man, Black Knight and such don't show up in the MCU. To complicated and not popular enough.

Black Knight will probably the only of the three you mentioned with a shot at appearing in the MCU

I don't even get where "too complicated" comes in for Black Knight or Tigra. Black Knight is literally "dude gets magic sword, becomes knight themed superhero;" Tigra's a bit more complicated, but one could easily just skip over The Cat and have her be a police officer revived by a hidden society of magical cat people as their champion.

If Tigra was to get a tv/movie treatment, she can get simplified down to a decent pitch. Bill Nelson and Greer Grant are married/engaged. Bill is a police officer. They are gunned down. An old friend (Dr. Tumolo) of Greer's brings her back to life, by virtue of that friend being part of a hidden supernatural society that walks among us. Greer Nelson uncovers the mysteries of her death and new life by day, and Tigra stalks evil by night.

Attached: Tigra stalks the night.jpg (881x1153, 1.73M)

he also gave us Black Widow in Iron Man 2, so he's probably just doing this for PR

>revived by a hidden society of magical cat people as their champion

that wouldnt be sellable in a big movie

We got five films about radiation turning a nerd into a 9 foot tall, pea green rage monster, and one film where said rage monster turns into a 9ft tall, pea green Mark Ruffalo. Don't give me shit about not being able to sell cat people in a big movie. If anything, Tigra's biggest issue would be WW84 using Cheetah.

there's degrees of sillyness that normies can take.

Radiation and mutation is something they are willing to accept, cat people is a harder sell. For all the exaggeration about Guardians, it wasn't that "out there".

Maybe they can hide her in dark alleys and treat her like a feral cat so they can hide low budget.

Why did carol get pushed into being marvels WW girl icon again?

I have Tigra's first solo issue

Attached: Marvel Chillers 3 Tigra.jpg (400x619, 83K)

Since forever

When Marvel Studios first started development they realized that they didn't really have any big name heroines that weren't attached to other characters or involved in franchises they had the rights to. All they had to work with was the Avengers roster, which got them Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and Carol to work with in regards to characters with pedigree. SW had restrictions due to Fox owning X-Men and BW isn't what most people thing when they hear the word superhero, so it pretty much left them Carol by default. They started working to raise her stature, Bendis had her show up in New Avengers (she even narrates an issue despite not being a cast member) and Reed's run is spun out of her appearance in House of M; it goes on the backburner for a few years, presumably because of Perlmutter, then a heavy push once he starts being pushed out of film side of things. Something you have to remember is that DC was actively looking to produce a WW film back in 2006 with Whedon.

Dang I'd wreck that cunt.