Made out of PURE ENERGY

>made out of PURE ENERGY

Attached: whatthefuckamireading.jpg (512x512, 129K)

Yes? What's the problem?

there is no such thing

What do you call electricity?

ghostface.jpg

And? If you have a problem with that I'll just blow up your planet.

Attached: titanae05.jpg (892x385, 281K)

Like solar, electric, nuclear...?

, kinetic, thermal, electromagnetic...

Dude, we're all just pure energy.

>2019
>hating pure energy

>Power of darkness
>Power of light

A flow of electrons (a form of matter).

>Master at such and such martial arts
I cannot stand reading about characters like Cyclops being master martial artists but never using techniques.

>power of friendship

Ok, what do you call heat?

everything is made of pure energy

Attached: 1420420085936.jpg (536x480, 27K)

Is it?

Heat is just the vibration of matter. Radiation is the example you're looking for.

yes, ask your school teacher.

That's what happens when you got a lot of enemies.

>element: poison

Attached: fds.png (1920x1080, 1005K)

Where is that image from anyway?

Might wanna ask your teacher to go back to college and lay off the drugs.

>american education
how is that whole flat earth theory going, uh cletus?

>expecting science in a Pokemon game

who said anything about Pokémon?

>bunk pseudoscience only pushed by yanks
Unironically go apply to Marvel rn, they love eating that shit up.

So what's unbelievable about a man made of vibrations?

energy? Like... electric, solar or what?

Things can't be composed of vibrating nothingness. The man would still be made of matter.

>my superpower is being lucky

Attached: moan.gif (300x226, 2.25M)

He could just be a man-shaped field that causes any matter, in the even any is present, to vibrate.

We call that radiation.

What statistical odds do you need to be able to consistently overcome for luck to be considered a power?

No Randal.
Just
Pure
Energy.

Attached: pure.png (1006x560, 650K)

This. Literally everyone and their mother in comics is apparently some sort of master martial artist

Odd.

Based retard can’t differentiate between semantics and hyperbole. What a pedant, have sex my friend :^)

If those characters are actively trained for superhero combat, it'd be stupid for them not to be.

Are you completely stupid? Christ.

>female superhero
>not athletic
>never trained a day in her life
>has demigod-tier physique and gravity-defying boobs

Only on Tuesdays.

in a way, it's true that everything is made out of "pure energy".
At a quantum level, "matter" and "energy" lose their meaning, and so do distinctions between different types of energy.

>t. someone who learned science from capeshit
that makes no sense at all

Why not?

Christ is electricity??

You need to not be a nerd

jeff lemires animal man its very body horror

This is gonna be harder than I thought.

What is an entity not made of matter, but say, sound waves or electricity?

Odd?
Odd is Benjamin Franklin playing tether ball with Van Hellsing. Odd is a big toed tadpole tainted by the tides of a dawn since past. Odd is a 40 year old senior who cries himself to seep every night dreaming of a life on the road as a traveling naked contortionist, never returning home, never stopping or breaking his stride.

Unless he saw a TGI Fridays, he fucking loves that pace.

This isn't odd Randal, this is a mystery.

because that would make it impossible for all of the chemical processes that happen at a cellular level impossible. He wouldn't be able to eat, he wouldn't be able to move, he wouldn't have skin, bones or muscles because they wouldn't be able to work, he wouldn't be able to breathe......

The problem is that people who have never even glanced at a martial art and aren't willing to do research say that shit so they don't have to explain why that person can win whatever fight they need them to win.

It's like when they say someone is a "master hacker" and then they mash their hands on the keyboard and say "I'm in!"

Good authors do research.

there's no way this isn't a bait question.

Attached: lqb.jpg (125x125, 2K)

There are an infinite number of universes!
That must mean that there's a universe where my headcanon is REAL

Attached: thatOPaintright.png (500x375, 406K)

He doesn't need to, obviously. He's made of pure energy.

Go home Michio Kaku, you do more harm than good sharing your oversimplified bullshit.

so what? he sustains himself? he just creates energy that allows him to function?
Hmmm, that makes perfect sense! wonder if there's a pesky law of thermodynamics that prevents that from being the case...

You sound like a real nerd

Well, thankfully it's fantasy.

I'm guessing this is where they invoke the sun.

so solar powered vibration man (who cannot have a brain due to it being biologically impossible) ceases to exist as soon as it becomes night-time?

I'm probably being baited hard but this is a fun exercise nonetheless

I just jumped in with that sun comment for the same reason, seems fun to try and figure out. You're right though, the whole concept falls apart when you give it more thought than the average comic book writer might.

problem?

For some reason, the first thing that popped in my mind when reading this was Missile Mouse

>I have electric powers

Attached: 10873741-attractive-black-man-showing-thumbs-up-all-on-white-background-.jpg (866x1300, 86K)

You guys are no fucking fun. Holy shit...

Attached: 1520482827383.gif (341x331, 1.11M)

Pure energy doesn't mean energy that is pure, it means there's nothing else there. It's some electricity that looks like Electro.

Fucking autists.

Yeah, and fire can't talk, what's your point? It's magic fire.

You guys are weird. Do ya freak out on GLs?

Attached: 523670FB-72CF-4419-AD7B-63B5449901BD.jpg (564x855, 181K)

>Pure Energy

Attached: >pure energy.png (403x379, 191K)

It's it all just "Hard Light" and kinetic energy or whatever?

Never said it can't/shouldn't be done, just saying the vibrating heat man would still be composed of matter, else there's nothing there to vibrate. Feel free to write about all the magic fire you want.

Sounds waves is moving matter, electricity is moving charged matter.

>the vibrating heat man would still be composed of matter
Not necessarily. If they say he's purely fire/energy, he's a zone in which heat occurs desire no matter existing.
And he can talk. Somehow.

You're trying to argue that the basis of these characters is flawed when there's no realistic context on which they make any sense.

>Telekinetic character
>Just uses their power to throw rocks/debris in fights

Attached: 1558909993147.jpg (111x80, 2K)

>Telepath exists
>Doesn't become evil

You still need matter for fire user. Radiation is the way to go.
I see it more as an exercise in showing how it's all ridiculous in concept. That shouldn't stop anyone from trying it out or enjoying it. But maybe just accept that it's all silly as fuck. And that's a good thing if you're willing to lean into it.

is that the most overpowered superpower in theory?

No since a character with enough quantum/cosmic powers could just force laws of probability to make them unlucky.

>You still need matter for fire user.
Except you don't, because it's fiction.
It's fire if the story decides it is, even if that makes no sense. There's far stupider nonsense going on and you're picking this specific hill.

Such a fucking nerd

Wouldn't that depend on which the writers prefer?

Why do brainlets always get so uppity when you point this out?

Except I'm not OP, I might roll my eyes at it but I wouldn't start a thread about it. Like I said, go ahead and indulge in nonsense, just know it's nonsense and lean into it. You don't have to aim for hard scifi if you want fantasy.

What if the luckiness prevents them from using their powers properly?

>Peak human

Attached: 1402943602766.jpg (380x250, 28K)

The idea that you need to lean in is annoying. No need to wiggle your eyebrows to let the audience know you're smarter than that.

How did you know?

Attached: Uh well y'see.jpg (597x592, 106K)

Isn't that a matter of opinion? Can one really be super agile, strong and quick or is it a perfect balance of unperfected abilities?

In comics a number of assumptions can be made that add feasibility:
The soul exists and is the real driver behind actions and will; the brain is merely an interpreter for biological constructs
Some beings have the ability to control energy via will
Energy can be drawn from alternative "dimensions"

Peak humans that are actually enhanced like Cap and BP are fine. Calling every base human hero a "peak human" is retarded and misses the entire point of being peak human.

I meant more as in "no because it's fiction so my fire doesn't need matter" like you did, but you're right that one can lean in too hard. Gotta hit that sweet spot where a Yea Forums thread of some sperger who can't suspend his disbelief won't get to you.

I mean, sure, you could say that.

But I guess the thread is about how most science fiction is based around bullshit misinterpretations of high-school level science, and while that doesn't mean it's impossible to suspend your disbelief and just enjoy such stories, it makes it somewhat distracting for those with even a surface level understanding of physics/chemistry/biology.

Attached: zss 31.jpg (396x350, 30K)

>superspeed allows you to travel through time

Attached: disgusted.jpg (800x450, 46K)

I think you mean it makes it distracting for autists

>you have to have a mental disability to understand high-school science
ok, autist

Getting upset at other autists is just 4D autism user.

>time travel messes up your age and makes you suddenly turn young/old

Attached: dropeed.png (378x568, 190K)

e=mc^2

>Healing powers "heal" inanimate objects

Attached: 1552434024987.jpg (636x651, 39K)

Homestuck did luck-drain as a power well, though. It's almost more of a villain power than a hero one, though, since you have to screw a lot of average people over to buff your luck strength.

Also, aside from how dumb it is to care about a hypothetical parallel universe when it's unreachable anyway, it isn't even true.

There's an infinite amount of whole numbers, naturally, since you can always keep adding one. But there's also an infinite amount of even and odd numbers, since you can always keep adding two, too, even though they are just 'half' of the set of all whole numbers. Along the same line of logic, there's also an infinite number of multiples of 40 quintillion, since you can always keep adding 40 quintillion. Suddenly the odds for any headcanon (whole number) to be in a parallel universe (multiple of 40 quintillion) are astronomically low, right?

But it gets even worse, since there's also an infinite number of these non-contiguous infinite sets - just consider the 'numbers to add by' for all infinite sets in the whole numbers as its own set, and it becomes obvious that here, too, you can just keep adding 1 infinitely. And since the gaps between the numbers get larger and larger the chance that any headcanon exists in any parallel universe keeps shrinking.

In other words, the chance tends to zero.

Sort of, which is why it's usually given to "regular" humans like Domino from the Deadpool 2 movie or Poco Loco from JJBA.

>if m is 0 so is e
Congrats, you prove the user right.

Calm down, Captain Caveman.

>Domino from the Deadpool 2 movie
Or, you know, Domino from the actual fucking comics?

I left her out purposefully because she's a "super elite sniper with god aim" and can regularly go toe-to-toe with some of the more destructive mutants. Movie Domino was just pretty good at stuff and very lucky.

>Domino
[Laughter]

Attached: 1428727207392.jpg (491x733, 112K)

Also because of shit like this
>During the 198 rebellion at the Xavier Institute, Domino was able to consciously utilize her abilities in order to affect the probability fields of storm clouds above a group of ONE Sentinels, calling down lightning to strike them.

That's hilarious.

Attached: powercreep.gif (500x614, 402K)

In The Flash TV show there was a villain with the power to control luck but it was so OP they basically got rid of it in the next episode.

this

>power of love

unless you are made of photons

That m there is either the dynamic mass or the rest frame mass.
The photon has no rest frame mass but it has a dynamic mass. Altho I hate the term dynamic mass, it's the energy corresponding to the kinetic/frequency energy. This is not zero for a photon.
Anyway, the point is that energy is always tied to matter.

>Move really fast
>Arrive at point A in the same moment you left point A
>Move SUPER fast
>Arrive at point B even before you left point A
It's not that hard.

Attached: flash1.jpg (300x450, 40K)

I want to see a series where Power of Love and Power of Friendship are pitted against each other.

I reckon Power of Love would be the villain, because people can do horrible things for love. Then the Friendship League has to stop them.

Who does this?

That's a ratio which is all that energy is. An abstract concept that links all actions in the universe.

Will power

Assuming he follows the laws of thermodynamics, he would just need to absorb energy the same way matter baser based lifeforms have to consume matter.

wait, that's just OG comic book Thanos

Attached: thanos2-600-x-507-e1367873070957.jpg (450x380, 74K)

Can't even watch a damn Bruce Lee movie.

It's just a guy with a flashlight

I mean if they could move close to lightspeed they would be able to travel through time...but only forward

Real life "master martial artists" begin fighting as little kids, were likely extremely physically gifted to begin with, very likely use ridiculous amounts of performance-enhancing drugs and maintain a hellish amount of practice during their entire life afterward, or at least until the wear and tear of the lifestyle wrecks their body. And as for "real fighting" out of sports, the simple truth is that even spec ops get only very rudimentary training in hand to hand combat because if you have to resort to fisticuffs you've already done fucked up and are probably going to die. What little they get is arguably more for morale than anything else.

Not that it matters because superhero martial arts are never realistic, but if absolutely everyone is a world class master of several martial arts it dilutes both them and the characters whose actual shtick is martial arts even more so

DON'T NEED MONEY

It still makes sense for characters like Batman or the X-men, who do train everyday and have been doing so since childhood or at least since they were teenagers.

>Stupid monkey people that don’t even have a moonbase thing there’s no such thing as pure energy.
Next you’re going to tell me that stars aren’t living creatures and are just inert balls of gas.

DON'T NEED FAME

>expert martial artist/strategist

Attached: efd.jpg (403x392, 40K)

Josuke from DiU

JoJo's power is fixing, not healing

Same shit different name

Made of pure rape energy

This is so accurate it hurts

>Peak Human

Attached: tenor.gif (420x498, 194K)

That's not FAST at that point. That's just stupid.

Light is the fastest thing in the known universe, and even then, one light particle can't be in two places at once

What if
>Boy meets girl
>Has the power of Love
>Does incredible stuff
>One day, tries something that should work. It fails.
>Turns out He had the power of Friendship the whole time

DON'T NEED A CREDIT CARD TO RIDE THIS TRAIN
It's "don't take fame" btw

>Female villain get redeem and lose what make her great

Attached: 2.jpg (656x893, 115K)

>MULTIPLE UNIVERSES

>Literally the ony defining characteristic of a given universe are the superheroes inside it

Attached: tenor.gif (498x258, 2.53M)

>Bad guy can destroy multiple universes on a whim
>Never use such power

>Bad guy can intsa-death the hero with a magic beam
>Hero tanks said beam and lives

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT?!

>has the power to choke someone just with his mind
>doesn't just snap their brain stem in half

>>Artist can't be bothered to spend ten seconds looking up what an animal looks like, resulting in abominations like Goat Beast, Beaver Rocket, etc.

The problem with this power is it has be cranked up when they win and disappear when they lose. Black Cat has literally had bullets disintegrate before they hit her. Somehow she gets beat up by people on occasion. You'd think people would tear an ACL just walking towards her.

>Goat Beast, Beaver Rocket,
what?

Football Head Rocket here is a minor example. Artists have drawn him looking like a beaver, a pug, and a coyote, among other animals. Beast has a similar problem, Each artist draws him differently and one drew him looking like a goat.

Attached: Football.jpg (725x401, 142K)

I can kinda understand Beaver, because if you're paying little enough attention, and if you draw it fast enough, a Racoon can look like a beaver in the right curcumstances, but

>Rocket Raccoon
>PUG
What the FUCK

Because comic artists only practice drawing humans. They literally will not take one minute to Google what a raccoon looks like.

What

right but he has no means of storing chemical potential energy, he's not composed of cells, he's composed of v i b r a t i o n s

>Superpower thread
>user picks omniwhatever or reality warping instead of trying to be creative

Attached: 555C5E09-EC27-4914-A517-1B2E701C5070.jpg (253x228, 8K)

>Light is the fastest thing in the known universe
and youre reading stories that take place in another universe

>bad guy has the power to insta-death the hero
>uses it to kill the "mentor figure" who supposedly has the same powers as the hero (minus electricity/camo)
>somehow, insta-death doesn't kill the hero, nor does it cause lasting harm

Attached: klBhSkJo_400x400.png (315x315, 228K)

It's like they don't see it as a creative sort of thread and instead as a masturbatory genie wish thing

I'll argue that Peter was already pretty fucked up to the point where a gentle breeze would be able to kill him so the smash isn't a one hit kill.

If you interpret "light" in the literal sense, you'd get powers related to radiation, which is pretty cool.
You can't have an entity be made out of pure energy due to the fact functions need to be switched and controlled. For that to occur, you need insulation/isolation, in order to avoid the entity becoming a solid "blob" incapable of doing anything.

"Chemical" would be the more accurate answer, if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, but the average person would get confused by that.

How would you feel about a character that has absurdly strong powers, but is reliant on them, and is chubby and somewhat out of shape as a result?

But you are saying theres a chance

>superheroes are all Olympian level
I wonder what their Olympics are like

Attached: Zorro_(Diego_de_la_Vega).jpg (250x334, 36K)

Electromagnetic radiation (e.g. light) is a form of energy, and it can interact with objects in many ways - including even exerting physical force, so 'hard light' is potentially possible if we advance our science enough.

It's weird framing but it's not impossible.

What the fuck does this post even mean? Given time and resource, people can train themselves to level of ability of an Olympic athlete. Hell, you could train yourself to level of Olympic athlete in couple years, if you started right now and got your ass off the computer - and started exercising, bitch.

He fucked it up and his math makes no sense, it'd be an argument FOR headcanons being real

Basically, infinity is very complex. There are infinities that are larger than other infinities, there are bounded infinities, etc.

There being an infinite number of universes tells you nothing about their contents. They could all be identical. They could all be empty.

Obviously this refers to Light and Darkness as philosophical concepts in this universe's cosmology. It's not physics, it's metaphysics.

Complaining about this is kind of like saying that Thor is badly written because Norse Gods don't exist in reality.

Related: I think it's kind of absurd that Batman is a 'master of every martial art'. It's just words, it doesn't make any sense.
If it was up to me, Batman would be extremely good at:
- Jiujitsu (because he's often shown using it)
- Ninjutsu (because duh he's a ninja)
- Escrima (because if Nightwing uses Escrima and Batman taught him, then logic follows Batman must know it too)

And that's it. Master of three arts is potentially achievable if you try hard enough (and you're super rich so you can devote all your time to practice), and it's still makes him a ridiculous badass and probably best fighter on the planet. I mean, in Nolan movies he knew JUST the League of Shadows Ninjutsu and he was perfectly fine.

>healing """factor"""

Attached: 153068932.png (472x472, 443K)

Not really. Let's consider - said man can manipulate vibrations into shape of his body. He can move, as long as there's matter in front of him that he can make vibrate. He's a moving cloud of heat.

His intelligence would need a place to be housed, but perhaps it's a self-propelling network of gravitational interactions, - our brains and computer create intelligence via electricity, his mind would use gravitiatio instead.

Said gravitational intelligence can use precise gravitational pushes and pulls to vibrate molecules, and that heat is his presence in this world. He usually picks a 3D shape resembling human because a) he used to be human once b) if he was never human, he uses this shape to look comfortable for humans.

This also means his powers could allow him to heat things up as needed.

There, Vibration Man - made out of pure energy.

I mean it's not unheard of sort of, invertebrates regenerating limbs and shit, but I hate the shit of regenerating from cells, without being fed any sort of matter to convert into their new mass.

IT'S STRONG AND IT'S SUDDEN

it worked really well in Bleach until his luck ran out from using his luck power too much at once

>Magnetism >just throws metal

Jackie Chan Adventures via the horse talasmin

Because magnetism on its own is just discount metal control

Explain

>character is blind
>can just see via sonar/mental imaging anyway

Attached: 1519630179339.jpg (670x634, 45K)

>his mind would be based on gravitation
>but he has no mass
You didn't think this through

This one is entirely an accident. Wolverine writers just wanted to say "there is some weird factor that heals him and we have no clue what this is" but for some reason this clumsy phrasing became industry standard.

Actually I definitely remember that some Wolverine writers tried to justify it by saying that Wolverine has a huge appetite whenever he's hurt.

I almost want to write a fanfic that says that his cells can fully metabolize alcohol as both energy and also source of building matter (it's organic substances) for his 'healing factor', and that's the reason why he's constantly drinking beer.

There are literally blind people in real life who can 'see' via a basic sonar. If you're blind from birth (or for a very long time), parts of your brain that are responsible for visual imaging are unusued, and will adapt to your situation. There is at least one confirmed case of a blind person using sounds to 'see', and who knows how many such cases happened in the past - for all we know, a person like that was the real basis for the myth of Zatoichi.

So all is necessary is that Daredevil's body emits a ultra-low frequency pulse at regular intervals that only he can hear - and then it's possible his brain would adjust to use this as a sonar.
Or hell, perhaps he could use the sound of his heartbeats.

I never said it was impossible, I think it's absolutely boring and takes away from the idea of a character ACTUALLY being blind.

Gravity is distortion of spacetime, so his mind could be a spacetime singularity. Like a black hole or wormhole. Or perhaps it uses the gravity of the hot matter he currently inhabits, and curves spacetime to precisely 'aim' this gravity into said mind-network.

Oh, yeah, sure. For me it's a sliding scale, it kinda makes sense that you have characters with some kind of sight-replacing sense in action stories because you want these blind characters to kick ass (which could be wish fulfillment for real blind people consuming these media), but it would probably be better if characters would frequently encounter difficulties because they can't see light.

For example, kinda like Toph can't see anything when she's flying on Appa, and it's brought up several times that she can't read. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Daredevil not only can read regular text by running his super-sensitive fingers on paper to tell where the ink is (nonsense), he at one point could read COMPUTER MONITORS by touching the screen (complete bullshit). He'd be much better if he straight up couldn't read anything that wasn't in Braille.

>Gravity is distortion of spacetime
Caused by matter. A distortion of spacetime caused by matter.

Please just stop.

Yeah, that latter shit is moreso what I mean.

Black holes are comprised of matter.

Fuck off Protoss scum!

It's called a vector field, ya dingus.
Magnetism gives you defacto control of electricity as well. However, if we just focus on the the use of magnetism, you can cause things to spontaneously combust (induction heating), freeze stuff (magnetic refrigeration), turn invisible (Faraday effect), fly (diamagnetic levitation), and that's just off the top of my head.

Attached: 1421037556803.jpg (600x404, 75K)

I'm saying because most magnet guys just treat it like metal telekinesis

AND IT'S CRUEL SOMETIMES

You wouldn't need a gravity mind thing. You could handwave that a mind emerges out of the interactions of the vibrations within the man-shaped boundary condition, ala the Boltzmann brain.

It's literally not, the difference being fixing works on inanimate objects.

So you admit you have no idea how something that moves faster than light would work?

Those are usually the most important parts of universes with superheroes in them.

Vibrations that become more or less energetic as the field exerts or absorbs energy.

>functions need to be switched and controlled
People with energy body powers also have energy manipulation for that type of energy, which may or may not be limited to the specific amount that makes up their form.

Attached: living lightning.jpg (978x1276, 985K)

There's no such thing. Data in our universe propagates at a max speed of C. There's no higher speed than C.

Is that Arkillo?

Obviously there is since The Flash goes faster than light all the time. Hell, even Superman does it from time to time somehow.

Attached: nuczjh8mxnk01.jpg (490x425, 37K)

>Technology or magic is ancient
>Is somehow far more powerful than modern technology or magic even though there has been decades or centuries of studying and progress

Attached: 1559217081840.jpg (400x611, 33K)

Faith is not just out of shape, but straight-up fat because she loves eating but can negate her weight with her gravity powers.

Attached: faith.jpg (592x911, 158K)

technology thats the product of ten thousand years of studying and progress by a now extinct and forgotten race is gonna be better than technology that's the product of six thousand years of studying and progress by a modern society
also discovery ain't linear. the right discovery early on can render obsolete things that havn't even been invented yet. if people stumble across crystals that generate an anti-gravity field for instance they have no need for steam power or internal combustion technologies

This triggers me
If you have antigravity crystals, how would your civilization go extinct? Even if there is a massive collapse of civilization, you would've spread to every corner of the globe and be colonizing other planets in a few centuries. Some people would survive and would have this wondrous technology that they could use to rebuild in a relatively short time.

The power of friendship is just teamwork and being coordinated with your allies during a fight if we keep this realistic. And allies/friends keeping each other motivated.

>If you have antigravity crystals, how would your civilization go extinct?
coronal mass ejections that leave the air unfit to breathe. genetic bottlenecks. civil war where all sides have weapons of mass destruction. sudden unexpected plague a cure for which wasn't found fast enough. actual demons and shit. they fucked around too much with shit they didn't understand in a bid to become gods and accidentally dusted everyone. through weird bullshit they lost all fear of death and got really into voluntary human sacrifice. they all got brainwashed into forgetting everything and going as far away from their cities as possible to revert to the hunter/gatherer life by a religious zealot. you can come up with any kind of reason

Pure energy: Japanese energy
Filthy defiled energy: American energy

I wonder why this hasn't been parodied yet
Lets say some texts prophecise the return of the last member of an extinct species carrying ancient, destructive weapons, and its just a neanderthal with a club and a bow

I read a story about hell demons returning since ancient times and getting btfo by modern weapons.

that was buffy.

I've always wanted to see the power of love or friendship used by the bad guys.

I doubt that, heavily.

No, I just remembered it was salvation war