It looks like whatever embargo caused by contractual fuckery that was keeping Namor from showing up in videogames and...

It looks like whatever embargo caused by contractual fuckery that was keeping Namor from showing up in videogames and cartoons for over 10 years is over. Could this mean he'll show up in the MCU soon?

Attached: Namor CoC.jpg (960x441, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/shang-chi-filming-start-character-details/
comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/kevin-feige-clears-up-the-sub-mariner-situation-a103843
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namor#Film
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don’t think I can handle the cuckold fetish. Why are Marvel comic writers such sickos?

maybe he's in a similar situation like Hulk where he can't get his own movie but can appear in supporting roles

or Marvel/Disney worked out the legal stuff with Universal and got his full rights back.

Is that you, Tommy?

Disney is too powerful for Universal to continue holding their ground. Now they know that they can simply be bought out and snuffed at the drop of a hat.

Attached: 1558135186074.png (724x855, 428K)

Is "Tommy" what we call people that aren't into cuckshit?

In that case, I am Tommy, yes.

I'm still very curious as to what the hell was happening behind the scenes that prevented Namor from being used in other media, even during times when the X-Men and Fantastic Four were under no embargo.

Give the rundown on this sea elf with his doofy widow's peak. Who is he and why would there be contractual fuckery?

There's this new casting announcement from something Marvel is filming in Australia

screenrant.com/shang-chi-filming-start-character-details/

>The GWW revealed details on two characters who are being cast for Marvel's Australian production, which is now reportedly Shang-Chi. Marvel is looking to cast an Asian male between 40-60 years old to play a "wise, old statesman,” who is “the leader of his people," and an Asian actress in her 30s or 40s to play “one of the leader’s most skilled warriors.”

People have speculated Mandarin for Shang-Chi's movie, but what if it's Namor for Black Panther 2?

That’s fine if you don’t like it but let the rest of us enjoy it. I’ll never understand how cuckoldry got suck a bad stigma.

I think Namor was used in Universal's theme parks, so maybe more of his rights were locked down in the contract with Universal that restricted his appearances.

Namor is Marvel's very first character, even predating the Golden Age Human Torch. He's a half-human half-Atlantean King of Atlantis (and no, he didn't copy Aquaman, Aquaman copied him). He's kind of an asshole, but will still team up with other heroes whenever he's not in a "damn you surface world" mode. He is especially close to Captain America, since they fought together in WWII, and the Invisible Woman, whom he has a crush on. He was also on the X-Men for a while since he's technically a mutant.
Anyway, Namor's movie rights were with Universal Studios. At one point, Joe Quesada claims that the rights had reverted, but then we got contradictory claims, that maybe they hadn't or that Universal still had distribution rights.
What fans noticed is that between 2007 and this year, Namor didn't appear in a single Marvel cartoon or videogame. Not even in ones that had literally hundreds of characters or actually used Atlantis. Nobody knows why that was the case, and nobody knows why that has changed.

>I think Namor was used in Universal's theme parks
I know for a fact that he doesn't. And regardless, I highly doubt that would matter since theme park rights are unrelated to TV, game or movie rights.

Thanks

comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/kevin-feige-clears-up-the-sub-mariner-situation-a103843

>IGN: So if a film were to happen it would be you guys making it?

>Feige: Yes, but it’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

The contracts for Namor were messy when the sold him off. Probably because there have been various talks of Namor movies since the 90s from multiple different people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namor#Film

But that's the film contract. What about the TV and videogame rights? How come Namor showed up multiple shows and games until 2007, then was noticeably absent everywhere until this year? They did an entire season of Avengers Assemble adapting the Wakanda vs Atlantis War and they used Attuma as a stand-in for Namor for fucks sake.

maybe because as part of a film clause, Universal or Saban Entertainment asked for control or the rights of Namor in video games, merchandising, etc? They probably thought they could turn Namor into a franchise and make money off of it.

But if that's the case, why did it only become a thing after 2007?

idk, hopefully light will eventually be shed on it

Artist trick. If you want the boobs seem bigger, make the symbol on her chest bigger.