Warner Bros Approves Robert Pattinson For ‘The Batman’

I say we give him a chance.

>deadline.com/2019/05/robert-pattinson-batman-wins-role-warner-bros-1202624926/

Attached: Batman Pattison.jpg (681x383, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencefiction.com/2019/05/28/ezra-miller-and-ray-fishers-dc-contracts-run-out-this-week-are-the-flash-and-cyborg-done-for/
youtube.com/watch?v=fgit74aVAvM
youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc
youtube.com/watch?v=ptLZlrE8MrQ
boards.fireden.net/co/search/image/FhE30dAtUvM3rnd6j9ca5A/
youtube.com/watch?v=VxD7cqDrlGc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJX4HneqaY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would we need to give him a chance? That dude has proved himself beyond a doubt. If anything, this capeshit is beneath him

He's a great actor.

I'm okay with it.

>we
That doesn't exist

Beyond that unless he's wearing a cloth costume close to adam west than Keaton or bale I don't give a fuck. Affleck was fine and they let Disney and literal faggots derail it.

At this point properly adapt cloth-wearing, trunks-donning Batman or fuck off.

Fun Fact: When Micheal Keaton was cast for Batman in the 1989 movie he got pushback. Partially because Adam West wanted to reprise the role and encouraged fans to makem some noise by all because Keaton was best known for Mr. Mom and Beetlejuice and it was difficult for some to see how he could pull off being Batman.

Even Affleck wasn't a bad Batman. It's always the script and directing that will suck major ass

>Guy who played a vampire now plays Batman
Can you feel it? The Hypercrisis is stirring...

The only truly bad Batman was Val Kilmer.

Ben Affleck is a good actor but he clearly sabotaged the movie and is the second worst thing to happen to DCEU after Snyder fuck him.

Attached: 3e12d7a09d966f2793a97db5eeeeaa7c.jpg (700x696, 88K)

Fuck me I don't even remember him as Batman

What a fucking pleb opinion. Batman v Superman was a great movie and Affleck rocked the role.

fpbp

Well theres one movie i wont be seeing

Thanks for killing my hopes for the next decade, faggots

Attached: DC18ACDC-2944-4D92-BDA3-E56017FAC933.jpg (221x225, 10K)

>what user shoul've said when they announced Snyder directing anything

I just that the rumors of Catwoman, Penguin, and so on are not true. I want knew villains, not the same shit as always. Worse yet, another attempt of adapting Loeb books.

Should be robin instead

Those were kino, though.

I say fuck off, shill.

hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This

He's too good for DC

>Yea Forumsntrarian at his finest

In a way, I'm sad.

Pattinson has the chops to make a great Batman.

But what I want is a nail in the coffin of the dccu, for them to leave it fallow for ten years, and to start over with non-hacks.

Maybe Nicholas Hoult can play the Flash now that Ezra Miller is out of the picture.

Attached: My name is Barry Allen.png (781x402, 340K)

Give him Superman

Haven't you figured out yet that they want a Wally West in everything but name and background? They want a young and goofy, funny guy.

but he's actually good!
STOP TRYING TO GET GOOD PEOPLE FOR THIS SHIT.

Barry is the goofy one, though. Wally was the cocky one.

He's going to do a horrible job on purpose and then tears later he will reveal that he only took the role for money and he hates capeshit.

What new villains could they do? Clayface? Man-Bat? Mad Hatter?

Based.

that's literally not confirmed

Nah, just get him to play any villain they have in this one, just like when Cillian Murphy got the Scarecrow role when he auditioned for Batman Begins.

Living in denial is not healthy, bro.

Dr. Hurt. Pyg. Anyone else. Even Court of Owls.

Where's your source then?

fucking this. only normie retards don't see him as a great actor. fuck, he was literally the only good lead in Twilight to begin with, I don't see how we are still arguing about this shit. If I were in the Twilight universe, I'd literally kill all main characters except for him and let him monkey-carry me through a forest

>properly adapt cloth-wearing, trunks-donning Batman or fuck off.
That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.

KILLER
MOTH.

we should start a petition.

Killer Moth is the kind of villain who would only show up in a single cameo apperance where they make fun of him.

It was one of the first things I thought when the rumor first broke. Sort of shocked it hasn't gotten more play.

it can be like homecomings vulture.

Hoult should be Superman. He has the babyface that would make for a likable Superman and he kind of looks like Christopher Reeves. He's also 6'3

>wanting properly adapted Batman is cruel
Nah.

I can't stand BvS, but if you take away the reasoning the script places on Bruce, the choices he makes because he was written to do so, and strip away everything but the actual performance of Affleck as a Batman broken down by the psychological impact of decades of the mission, Affleck as Bruce and Batman was the best part of that movie. I only wish he brought some of that Oscar-winning direction to the production, and less willingness to do what Snyder told him to.

He'd need to put on like 60 pounds and no a puffy padded suit doesn't work Levi looked like shit.

Affleck co-wrote the movie with his screen-writer pal Terio. And BvS made plenty of sense, specially Bruce's motivations and actions. But this is a dumb discussion to have. Specially here in all places.

This will most likely be a reboot, not Batfleck prequel

I agree, but in a way I think that is what they are doing with the shared universe.
Reeve's is going to be doing his own thing, Jenkins and Diana will be doing their own thing, and Wan will probably kick out another Aquaman. BoP only seems connected to SS, and only because of Harley, and Gunn's SS seems like it is going to be a sequel to SS the way Incredible Hulk was a sequel to Hulk.

If they wanted to do a shared universe, you're absolutely right. They shouldn't touch any of the IP's for 10 years, the second half of which they should be planning and scheduling, so that when they say go on the first project, the second and third are getting started behind it. I just think at this point the shared universe blew up so spectacularly in their face that they have the yips, and would prefer to individual franchises as they've successfully done in the past, than a single universe they're all a part of which they showed they were unable to (at least the way they tried) in the present.

Why?

So much for that one user spamming blind items about how it's not Pattinson.

>>Affleck was fine and they let Disney and literal faggots derail it.
The costume and acting were fine, but the writing and directing were so bad that BvS and Justice League are practically unwatchable.
What that has to do with Disney or literal fags(not using literally right) I have no idea. Sounds low IQ to even make such a claim.

>What new villains could they do?
Personally I'd opt for Riddler, Penguin and Hugo Strange in order to place emphasis on the detective elements of the character. You don't need to worry about the social/moral/philosophical themes of Batman too much, since Nolan's films did all the heavy lifting in that regard.

Make Penguin a somewhat eccentric (but utterly vicious) mob boss whose got a somewhat derogatory nickname (not unlike how people call Carmine Falcone "The Roman"). Everyone knows he's corrupt, but he portrays himself as legitimate.

Not him but you're not going to get a Variety article confirming the end of his contract. Nevertheless, Google "Ezra Miller end of Flash Contract" and there are multiple reports that say the same thing.

>A ‘Flash’ movie has been struggling to get made for years, with various writers and directors coming and going, but Warner Brothers’ holding contract for its star, Ezra Miller runs out at the end of this month. And according to ComicBook.com, the same is true of Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg.

>In mid-March, it was reported that Miller had taken matters into his own hands and was writing his own screenplay for a ‘Flash’ film. Presumably, John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are still attached to direct. But the film hasn’t begun production, so if Miller’s contract expires, he’s probably out for good.

sciencefiction.com/2019/05/28/ezra-miller-and-ray-fishers-dc-contracts-run-out-this-week-are-the-flash-and-cyborg-done-for/

>but the writing and directing were so bad that BvS and Justice League are practically unwatchable.
JL was unwatchable, BvS was great.

literally impossible

they've already got 4 DC movies made with Suicide Squad 2, Batman, and New Gods starting this year/early next year

Attached: 1559225954972.jpg (2896x2896, 877K)

it's getting back on track.

youtube.com/watch?v=fgit74aVAvM
youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc
youtube.com/watch?v=ptLZlrE8MrQ

Attached: 1446683469095.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Not what I meant, lad. That was actually just a reference to Alfred's dialogue from the BvS trailers. I only brought it up, because all you know is who will be under the cowl, a time when fans of other IPs are excited for the potential they may receive, you sit there, clearly dripping with dissatisfaction you've felt toward what you've got, declaring what you want, and insisting that if you don't get it, the movie will be bad. Does it fit 100%? Not at all, but it's on brand. You could be curious, but you're not. You want what you want, and if you don't get it, whether the movie is good or not, you're not going to like it, and that's mean, and you don't have to be that way.
At this point, I'm so burnt out on the Bat that I wish WB would stop making movies about him for awhile, but if this movie comes out, and looks good, I'm going to see it. And if I see it and like it, and think it is good, I am going to say it is good, and that doesn't seem like something you're willing to do, and that is unfortunate.

boards.fireden.net/co/search/image/FhE30dAtUvM3rnd6j9ca5A/
Kill yourself ladderbro

kino is back on the menu boys

Attached: pats high life.jpg (1600x1068, 172K)

BvS was fantastic faggot nobody cares about your shitty opinion.

Other than the harley quinn teaser, i'm liking the trailers. They kind of remind me of Logan, which was a superhero movie, but in a different genre.

I'm so sick of you "Le ladderbro" faggots.

Hang yourself.

Not him, but the filter is your friend, user. I promise you won't lose anything of value.

>Wanting them to do another Odonnel and cast a fucking 30 year old man as Robin

Why? He's almost too old for Nightwing dude.

Are you telling me youd rather them have made Christian Bale, Robin too? Like what's wrong with a pretty face ?

Kino’s on the menu

I vote Man-bat if only for the pure meme potential. Bonus points if they hire Lautner for that role.

cyborg actor worked out so much just to have his body all CGId

>Give him Superman
Superman being a twink LOL

It wasnt just in the trailers so was that your cute little way of saying you haven't seen it? Also no casting is ever met with universal praise and if you could read you would see my gripe is not wth the casting.

Seems more like you're a companyfag that doesn't want ATT/Warners to see any dissent online.

Ditto to you both, but Bruce was the only good part of that movie.

>kino
>one word code for 'I'm a contrarian and I know it'
back to

How is it like to have negative IQ?

This obviously as kinoseurs already know

>wonder woman
Wow she spent a month doing curls and light nogging

What a brilliant comeback.

This, he's a good actor.
Also his performance in other movies also good.

This

Attached: Fx3YEgG.gif (500x225, 502K)

He's a fantastic pick, especially over Hoult to be honest

This, Happy Wheels level making-ass, I-hate-Justin-Bieber-because-I'm-not-him-ass literal children are the only ones who didn't approve of this casting

>we give him a chance
Then, next time, pick a better OP picture - unless you're all about the bait, in which case - weak

he has the right chin, he just need to hit the gym a bit and it can work

CATWOMAN WILL BE PLAYED BY A BLACK ACTRESS

Can we get a draw user to put a proper white eyed bat-cowl on Battinson

Afflecks career is pretty much dead at this point

Bets on this will be quippest Batman yet?

Awesome. Its just too hard to hate that guy.

Absolutely based. I love this man. He hangs out with the boys

Attached: death grips.jpg (1200x800, 175K)

Attached: jay bauman Nodding Star Trek Discovery Season 2 In a Nutshell.webm (1920x800, 633K)

das rite

Attached: Eartha Kitt Halle Berry catwoman.png (916x610, 590K)

Plus, the commentary tracks with him are fuckin' hilarious.

It can't be worse than Kilmer or Clooney.

He's a good actor. Who else to play a brooding violent loner than the guy from Twilight?

Sure, but I'm sick of Superman and Batman constantly getting movies. Why not push some other characters?

Crap, meant to reply to

Because Superman and Batman are more famous, pretty much everyone in the world knows who they are, and therefore will make more money and sell more merchandise.

>BvS was great.
>BvS was fantastic

Attached: bogus.gif (347x380, 130K)

Yet Marvel has made Iron Man, Black Panther, Doctor Stranger, Captain America, GotG all world famous and merchandise-pushers, and soon Shang-Chi and the Eternals are going to get big movies too?

Why is DC so afraid of its roster and library? Superman and Batman are prominent because they get all the attention, thus creating a loop that's become hard to break.

Probably cuz the rest of their stable is still haunted by Superfriends.

Although WW and Aquaman's new movies are helping those two.

>Probably cuz the rest of their stable is still haunted by Superfriends.

but wouldn't JLU and DCAU help them?

Or are DC characters just fundamentally corny and outdated, and unable to translate well to live action?

God I miss Eartha Kitt. What a kickass woman.

Not enough, apparently.

Doesn't help that JL didn't get half the recognition or awareness that BTAS did.

Nah. He was atleast better than Clooney

I would suck someone off to get Hatter in a movie

Attached: +_379fd16d12ef51e7535372dbf59d2427.jpg (326x256, 17K)

Your probably that faggot from the new gods thread

Were you in coma when WW, Aquaman and Shazam released?

>you're that guy
Fuck off faggot. I don't give a fuck about Ava and Toms All New All Different Gods movie thank you, so it was assuredly not me.

>he doesn't want to fuck Alice

lol what? If you were watching cartoons when it was released it was the most hype shit in the world. Even more hype than Batman beyond which was nuts.

How fucking old are you?

That movie fucking sucked. Eat shit.

Attached: 79-Slowpoke.png (300x243, 30K)

OH NO not a b-b-BLACK CATWOMAN! DC has never done that before fucking SJWs and their racemixing agenda

Attached: 20190531_163622.jpg (2896x2896, 474K)

kys

Eartha Kitt was best Catwoman.

wow 3 movies out of how many?

Those are a good start, but why not anything beyond that? Why not anything C/D-list?

Chadzam IS d-list. No one knows him.

>Adam West wanted to reprise
I thought it was salty comicbook fans fearing it was a big budget adaptation of Adam West's Batmanand not the actual comics, back then Keaton was mostly a comedic actor and Burton was only known for Beetlejuice.

Yea Forums is leaking again

Owlman and scarecrow

Nope, it was me

Attached: vince higher power.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>the dccu
But that's barely a thing anymore, every director and scripwriter will do as they please with the continuity, that wasn't that important anyways.
Aquaman didn't even mentioned the JL events and WW1984 is ignoring the ''she left man's world forever" plotline

Isn't Superman supposed to be 6'6" and 300lbs? Why have they never gotten someone that big to play him?

>Isn't Superman supposed to be 6'6" and 300lbs
That's Thor, Superman is 6'3" 230ibs

That's not entirely true with Aquaman. Steppenwolf is mentioned in it

>see replies
Huh, I thought I was the only one that thought he was at the very least a decent actor.

Attached: boehner-reuters_1753277c.jpg (460x296, 16K)

Scarecrow was already in the Nolan trilogy

And a couple of other DC heroes will show up at 1984, they are still a shared universe

Yup, they got real lucky here.

catwoman is street trash not old money there's literally no reason she couldn't be black

desu. I hope Angle man is a surprise villain in it

Attached: 200px-Angleman.jpg (200x300, 32K)

IT CAN'T BE!

Attached: Correct+_8a015b68b7041cf7418ae654451abe2b.png (241x200, 60K)

Batfleck was my favorite part of the film.
He did a good role as tired & hopeless Bruce Wayne.

Good choice. Affleck sucked and BVS was trash, I expect Reeves can do a lot better.

Grow up faggot

Remember that time we all collectively shit on the idea of Heath Ledger being Joker?

its almost as though casting directors are generally smarter than randos on chinese imageboards.

Attached: pineapple is ok woman.jpg (512x381, 30K)

I hope this doesn't eat up all his time. The guy is too good of an actor to do capeshit.
I liked the ape movies and I think matt will do a decent job but he's not Tim Burton or Nolan.

This really seems like a waste of pattison's time

here's your black cat woman

Attached: b8d86cce54666464211c9bbebe1a4ea6.jpg (400x530, 28K)

Man Bat played by the main guy from Dexter

its clayface and its going to be stop motion animation

I WANNA STICK MY DING DONG IN RIHANNA WHY DID CHRIS BROWN HAVE TO DO THAT SHIT AHHH

Attached: 1559338990082.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Lmao I'd be interested to his Flash screenplay/script, how gay would it be

he looks like a frank quietly drawing

It wouldn't be gay at all, he was insanely dedicated and excited about playing the character correctly: youtube.com/watch?v=VxD7cqDrlGc

Pattinson as Batman is a great pleb filter. You know that anyone who complains about it only watches Blockbusters and nothing else

>Affleck was fine and they let Disney and literal faggots derail it.
Affleck derailed it because he was a fat fucking drunk who had become a liability

Kilmer was good

>but why not anything beyond that? Why not anything C/D-list?
DC has done a lot of movies with their D and C listers. I'd say that was where they fucked up the most. They should have made a Flash and Wonder Woman movie decades ago instead of making Steel or Jonah Hex

he was a big name back in the day, and more prominent than a bunch of more unique characters

plus the movie was a generic hero movie. Why not tap into some other genres?

The problem was with writing and directing, not the actual characters. Hire better directors and writers. Jonah Hex could've been bigger.

I'm excited for Spielberg on Blackhawks. More lesser known properties should be pushed, like Swamp Thing, Adam Strange, etc.

Pattison would be good
The problem is WB is now completely fuckedup and Matt Reeves is a hack
This is like Val Kilmers casting, he could easily have been a good Batman but who was making the film

Is Matt Reeves a hack? I've only seen his planet of the Ape movies and I enjoyed those. What makes him so bad? Infinity War was made by the same guys who did You, Me and Dupree

Calendar Man my dude.

Normalfags will only see him as Edward

>buff pattinson soon

Attached: 1528698718497.jpg (495x600, 240K)

They'll come around. They always do

he looks like a fag

Attached: batman.jpg (750x350, 138K)

so you're saying he's perfect

Riddler

That's a good point. He's proven himself able to act.

No he hasn't. Pattinson is a textbook meme actor who deliberately chooses artsy shit so he can act like as much of a weirdo as possible and allow his eccentricities to obscure his marginal abilities as an actor. The closest he's come to being a serious actor is a flat New York accent in "Good Time".

You just seem butthurt that he prefers to be in more indie movies than blockbusters.

All I know of Pattinson are some stupid pics I saved

Attached: 1339166758391.jpg (499x435, 43K)

I hate capeshit and most blockbusters. Pattinson is just not a convincing actor. Compare him in Cosmopolis to James Woods in Videodrome. Both are eccentric actors working with experimental material from the same director, but Woods actually behaves like a human being instead of an ironically detached American Apparel mannequin.

He's got the chin, he's got the brooding, he just needs to hit the gym and he's good

Meh. DC films suck.

hah, batman is now a hufflepuff

nuh u

DC films have been better than Mousevel films since IM3 tbqh

That may be hard

Attached: 1339167357548.gif (497x427, 91K)

Mr Freeze played by Ben Kingsley

Keep it a bit grounded. Do Falcone with Zsasz as a minor villain

Prometheus or Anarky

"Generic hero movie" is exactly what capeshit is lacking right now. There's a reason it has been compared so much to Raimi and other pre-MCU comic book movies and just because it was done before, doesn't mean it's bad when it's done now and well. Then you've got WW84, Joker, Birds of Prey, SS2, all of which are shaping up to be very different films from each other and even Reeves' Batman is supposed to be an actual detective story for once. DC might not be scraping the bottom of the barrel, pulling out characters like Shang-Chi, but I'm not sure criticism about the lack of variety in terms of genre and directorial vision really applies anymore.

I unironically want a Clock King movie where everything (or at least a major portion of the movie) is real time and you feel every second of batman's DETECTIVE work. Racing to try to figure it out along with him. That shit would be kino as fuck.

>Woods actually behaves like a human being instead of an ironically detached American Apparel mannequin.
It's almost like Delillo's Cosmopolis has a complete different protagonist than Videodromes, huh, who would've thought.

Or maybe he's just a lifeless actor who did nothing with the material.

The material literally entailed him to be a complete detached yuppie who observes the end of civilization through the window of his limo.
How does it feel not having a clue about the source material?

Either way he still has The Rover and Good Time, also very different movies that show his range well.

>He's SUPPOSED to be a lifeless robot!

And what range? All his other roles are stereotypes and cartoon accents.

So exactly like Christian Bale before starring in Nolan's Batman movies? Big think right there.

Bale was a terrible Batman.

Yet Nolan's movies are heads and shoulders above Snyder's, so this is an inane discussion.

Well female audience guaranteed

People who judge actors for ONE MOVIE are really gross, he's really done a lot of good work since Twilight, I like him in low release movies.

Attached: p14131798_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 292K)

You're clinically retarded.

It's sad how even after all these years he srill can't get the Twilight stain out of his image. That's probably a part of why he seldom gets bigger movies, unless it's a romance.

Nobody cares tho

Clooney had the ideal voice and look, too bad the script was trash.

Lmaoooo "rocked"
You know what "rocked"? When every one of you snyder apologists kept insisting a hole in the wall was supposed to represent a whale, as tribute to moby dick, and then, Snyder shit on you all by say that very hole was meant to look like Ontario Canada.
Oh man. That was fucking great.

Warner needed an actor who knew how to make fight scenes and was convincing.
Gadot does neither Mamoa
They just choose a name
Another DC movie I will not see on the big screen

Simple question:

Pattison can do that?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJX4HneqaY

>barry
>goofy
stop reading new52

That's for the Batgirl movie