Who are Marvel's Leading Ladies?

So, I've heard a rumor that the big reason for pushing Carol Danvers was because she's the only relatively big-name heroine that Marvel had left after selling the X-Men, Fantastic Four and She-Hulk to Fox. While I am curious if anons think that's true, I'm more legitimately curious about who anons would think of as the "Leading Ladies" of Marvel's superhero cast. DC has Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Power Girl, Oracle and Batwoman, off the top of my head, but who does DC have?

Attached: Rogue in Shi'ar Suit.jpg (600x909, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHQGZdlU0Lc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Captain Marvel, Storm, and Invisible Woman
They have a mini out this summer

Attached: binary-storm.png (242x424, 153K)

All the good female characters are X-men with only a few exceptions. Prior to the Cpatain Marvel shilling Marvel Leading Ladies would be Storm, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Rogue, Psylocke, Kitty Pride, Jubilee, She-Hulk, Emma Frost. Pretty much nothing but X-men and FF except for maybe Wasp. Shit even Carol herself was more closely associated with the X-men for a while since Claremont was the only writer who gave a fuck about her for a long time.

> no mention of she hulk
Watch out anons she’ll kick your ass

Though as an honorable mention imma throw out Mayday, still the only female marvel hero to hit 100 consecutive issues and I believe still has the largest number of issues for any marvel female hero in general at 141

Attached: 44A39257-8FCE-4400-8CBD-A070D46F876A.jpg (400x329, 89K)

Wasp was leader of The Avengers for a long time, Gamora was a huge deal before GOTG in Warlock and other cosmic books, Black Widow's various series have been no less successful than Carol's, Elektra has a lot of cult appeal and, in a way, as the most well-known love interest, Mary Jane could also count. If Lois Lane can count for DC, so can she.

>DC has Wonder Woman
Yes
>Super Girl, Power Girl
Superman clones
>Oracle and Batwoman
Batman clone + crippled batman

But I can see your point. So many of Marvel's famous female characters are related to properties they sold off. Black Cat's a Spider-man character, Psylocke, Storm, and Chat are mutants, Jessica Drew is Spider-man character except in the main universe, Aracely is a Kaine character and thus linked to spidey, Gwenpool is too new, Domino's a mutant, Black Widow's... honestly I want to say she's a Captain America character, but I don't know her history all that well, and Squirrel Girl is a mutant I believe (also long passed her welcome as a gag character)

Attached: Kaine 20.jpg (1988x3056, 1.8M)

Shit, wrong picture. I wanted something related to Jessica Drew

Attached: Bitches Love Spider-Man 03.jpg (1280x1983, 342K)

What the fuck is wrong with torches face holy shit, also am I getting her mixed up or isn’t she peters clone?

Missn marvel was pushed because of blacked and feminsm.

>isn’t she peters clone?
Only in Ultimate, hence the 'bitches love Spider-man' filename. Johnny is a bitch
In the main universe she's her own thing

Attached: Spider-Woman 02.jpg (1200x1860, 472K)

Marvel's best girls tend to be team members instead of solo acts. You could do an X-women comic without it seeming forced but all of them would struggle to carry a solo

>Carol Danvers was because she's the only relatively big-name heroine that Marvel had left
No idiot, it's only because her fuckin' name is Captain MARVEL

She wasn't Captain Marvel until after Avengers 1 came out. By that time Feige/Disney knew what a phenomenon they had on theirs hands and knew they needed a female lead to keep it going.

pretty much this. Carol was the only one viable for a solo movie since she wasn't affiliated with a team outside of Avengers.

Despite what Marvel tries to push it's Storm, Rogue and MJ.

Monica was also leader of the Avengers but she seemed to fall out of the limelight for some time

>Who are Marvel's Leading Ladies?

Censored by Disney

Attached: 1551547293700.jpg (1342x1200, 251K)

>While I am curious if anons think that's true,

It's true for X-Men and Fantastic Four characters, but there were also issues with characters that Marvel itself could use, too.

Wasp was stuck with the Ant-Man project that Edgar Wright was supposed to do. That took so long (and for nothing anyway since Wright left) that they couldn't introduce her in time.

She-Hulk was tied to Hulk rights so they couldn't do a solo movie for her without letting Universal have distribution money.

Black Widow was supposed to get a movie earlier but Ike didn't have any confidence in it.

you idiot. She was Ms. Marvel up until 2012.
But yeah, most of their big name females were X-Men

>Missn marvel was pushed because of blacked and feminsm.

??? Carol has been around for a while

>blacked

where?

The best is Songbird, but no one cares about her.

This is the new Marvel comics.
Women can not be hot and show some skin,
and art has to be in this style.
The X-23 was canceled, because the stories are bad and the art is of this style
Disney will continue to destroy Marvel comics?

For most of their history, the Avengers roster was bullshit characters that no one wanted to reas solos about. Guys like Dr. Druid and Black Knight and fucking Triathlon.
I dont know why they only let the Avengers become the A-Team when Bendis came along.

How do you come from this, to this?

Attached: Spider-Woman_Vol_5_5_Anka_Variant_Textless.jpg (843x1280, 442K)

>What the fuck is wrong with torches face holy shit,
That artist was absolute shit but for some reason people will defend him to the death

That comic predates the fuck out of the disney purchase. Its practically old at this point. Think its an ultimate spidy back before miles existed.
That is a clone of peter parker, and shes 15-16 there, and the artist sucked in that issue.
Please dont ever comment on a comic again.

Attached: 2BD75816-0C08-42B8-9356-0BDC4AA847C4.gif (480x270, 3.01M)

>ms marvel was pushed because the mcu

they did not want a curvy woman like jessica biel and who showed her legs in a leotard
so they "killed" ms marvel and created captain mcu

Attached: 71140MV_2048x.jpg (357x500, 30K)

You listen to people who don't buy comics telling you what's problematic about characters they don't even have a surface level understanding of.
Spider-woman's problematic, but not because of her costume. It's he goddamn origin story that's a convoluted mess.

Attached: Spider-Woman 03.jpg (1280x1964, 596K)

You smoked?
This style of art is being used in all comics with women commanding the issues and all these comics are being canceled by bad sales

youtube.com/watch?v=HHQGZdlU0Lc

this happens with all the female characters in marvel comics
because there are no more creators like claremont and byrne
the current creators do not create background for the characters, they do not create villains
they should have as example the spider-man, create friends, work place, enemies and a neighborhood in which they can live
Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman for example do not have any of this
And these guys are still paid

who cares, lets just replace established heroes with female versions. The feminists will love that and the men will get a rise out of it.

>the only relatively big-name heroine
Lies though, she was never a big-name.

Keep telling yourself that.

Attached: 6flags.jpg (1200x867, 1.13M)

>She-Hulk to Fox

Pretty sure that never happened.

Black Widow has ALWAYS been infinitely bigger of a character than Carol Danvers.

I like Rogue and Songbird. Valeria Richards, Mary Jane, Hulka or Scarlet Witch are very important females too. Susy Storm and Wasp (Janet) are other that come to mind that play important roles too.

obvious troll. Most of their history LOL Druid and Triathlon werent in the Avengers for long.

Stupid fucking kid.

user that looks like a man wearing lipstick.

Attached: 1541250311778.jpg (479x476, 23K)

SHULKIE

Attached: black_cat.jpg (825x464, 29K)

Isn't She-Hulk part of the Hulk stuff that Fox bought out? Which means that's why Marvel dropped the iconic green supermodel for the shitty trans-Hulk we got now?

No, Hulks distribution rights are owned by Universal.

Most heroines in comics are just eye candy and don't really have any relevant feats besides looking hot or going crazy then somehow getting powerful because of their emotions. So yeah, with Carol you didn't have to worry about all that tropy nonsense, they really needed a female that could take a bullet, a laser to the face, and a mega punch from a Hulk type so she fit the bill.

WOMAN. Wonder Woman! Super MAN! Marvel doesn't do this as much. Spider-man isn't the same as Superman, Superman is a SUPER man, and Wonder Woman too. Marvel comics has a more street level focus Yea Forums would argue. Invisible Woman, Marvel Girl, The Wasp, She Hulk, Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacey, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Shadow Cat, Storm,

Storm probably has the most character expression out of all them. We just don't see it because Yea Forums doesn't give a suit about changing hair cuts, history of orphan life in third world country, becoming leader of the Morlochs by fighting in a knife right using fighting soul!a and no powers, leading a team, or really anything that isn't... I actually don't know what Yea Forums cares about but anyway, Ororo Monroe, Storm. She's the most premiere super powered female character in the Marvel Universe.
Next up would be Invisible Woman, mother to a god, wife to world saving scientist, sister to a movie star-like Johnny.

Relationships. Figure out how to make that cool again, being supportive as your PRIMARY not secondary characteristic, and you would not only keep the MCU fresh but you might also save western civilization as well.

they plenty, the problem is (was) at least half of them are X-Men or at least X-Men-related.

the biggest non-mutant women are probably Carol, Shulk, Black Widow, and Black Cat. maybe Medusa or Kamala.

They pushed Carol because she can actually take damage, unlike the other MCU ladies who're all sidekicks and couldn't take on a head-on collision. I got kinda tired while the guys did all the heavy lifting and they cut to some heroine kicking a henchman over or something, so I was glad we got Carol so women could actually be useful on the battlefield and hit someone relevant instead of henchman number 5.

Hmm I would've pushed for Power Princess (Aka Zarda!) she's proper crazy and even if they tone down how nuttiness she'd get to say kooky things. Plus she's powerful, tough, and can suck the energy out of people when she gets tired.

Rogue, Jean, Storm, Invisible Woman, Psylocke. All the premier Marvel women were X-Women or Sue who comes with the F4, which is why they couldn't use them when it came to introducing Marvel's 'Wonder Woman'. Also even if they owned all of those rights back then, they're all team players and not stand alone.

This is why they were literally scrapping the bottom of the barrel and resorted to Captain Marvel who nobody knows nor cares about.

They couldn't use a few of the other "well known" female supers they had like Elektra, She-Hulk or Spider-woman because of their connections to other properties like Hulk, Spider-man or Daredevil, plus Elektra had blown her chance.

They should've gone with Scarlet Witch as soon as they got her, she's easily the most recognizable and famous female Avenger who is also powerful. Wasp could've been another good candidate. Clearly they didn't trust Black Widow would've been interesting enough.

But yeah, without a doubt, the premier Marvel women are all mutants and Sue, the first Marvel lady.

You're a good man and I'm proud of you.

Circa 1977

Shit.

Attached: the-superhero-women-front-cover.jpg (1000x1398, 1.09M)

Attached: 00.png (980x1500, 2.05M)

Attached: Hulk_Vol_2_9_Adams_Variant.jpg (1280x1959, 564K)

Attached: women_of_marvel.jpg (1195x800, 977K)

She Hulk > Spider Woman > Squirrel Girl > Storm...