DARK PHOENIX Full Spoilers

>Young Jean accidentally causes a car crash that kills her parents.
>Xavier picks her up at the orphanage and brings her to the school.
>In 1991, the X-Men are beloved public heroes, and Xavier sends them to space to rescue astronauts whose ship was damaged by what appears to be a solar flare.
>Jean holds the ship together while Quicksilver and Nightcrawler round up the astronauts and teleport them aboard the X-Jet.
>The “flare” senses Jean and possesses her. She almost dies, but survives. The students nickname Jean “Phoenix”.
>At a party, Jean begins hearing people’s thoughts on a global level, and hears her father among them. She deduces her father survived and Xavier stole her away from him to join the X-Men.
>Meanwhile, Mystique complains Xavier keeps sending them on dangerous missions to feed his own ego while staying safely behind, and asks Beast to run away with her.
>Jean is brought back to the X-Mansion, and Beast learns her powers are expanding.
>Jean escapes to find her father and Xavier sends the X-Men after her.
>Mystique blames Xavier for trying to control Jean and pushing her to the edge.
>Meanwhile, an alien arrives on Earth and steals Jessica Chastain’s appearance. She meets other aliens that were already on Earth and they begin tracking the force.
>Jean finds her father, but he rejects her for being a mutant and causing her mother’s death.
>The X-Men arrive to pick her up, but she snaps when the police intervenes and accidentally kills some cops.
>Jean fights the X-Men and hits Quicksilver on the head, putting him in a coma.
>Mystique tries to talk her down, but Jean loses control and accidentally pushes her into a piece of debris. Mystique dies in Beast’s arms.
>After Mystique’s funeral, Beast blames Xavier for everything and quits the team.

Attached: 1.jpg (565x432, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-third-act-reshot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jean goes to a government-sanctioned mutant camp run by Magneto for help and admits being evil feels good.
>The military show up looking for her, but Magneto manages to turn them away, but Jean steps in and starts shit needlessly.
>Magneto prevents Jean from killing the soldiers and sends her away.
>At a bar, Chastain approaches Jean and explains that Jean is the host of an ancient cosmic force and the first to be able to use it without dying, and claims it’s Jean’s fate to reshape the Universe.
>Magneto finds out about Mystique’s death and decides Jean is too dangerous to be kept alive.
>Magneto rallies two acolytes, Selene, a telepath, and Red Lotus, who has prehensile dreadlocks, to find and kill Jean. Beast volunteers to help.
>Xavier, Cyclops, Storm and Nightcrawler find out what they’re up to and set out to stop them.
>Both groups find Jean and Chastain in an abandoned building in New York City and a battle ensues.
>Cyclops drops a cringeworthy F-bomb.
>Magneto beats the X-Men and uses a subway car as a battering ram to enter the building.
>Magneto reaches Jean, but she curbstomps him and begins crushing his head inside his helmet.
>Xavier shows up, so she throws Magneto out the window to focus on him, using her telekinesis to make him painfully climb up the stairs like a puppet.
>Xavier is unable to read Chastain’s mind and realizes she’s not human.
>Xavier brings Jean into his mind, and she finds out Xavier tried to convince her father to be there for her, but he refused, and he lied about Mr. Grey having died to spare her the pain of being abandoned by him right after her mom’s death.
>Jean realizes she is losing control and asks Chastain to take the power from her.
>Jean tries to transfer the force to Chastain, but passes out after giving Chastain only a small fraction of it.
>It'ss enough to get Chastain addicted, and now she wants more.
>Before she can get it, the military roll up and capture everybody but Chastain.

Attached: 2.png (1024x576, 894K)

>Chastain and her alien followers ambush the train transporting the mutants to prison to reclaim Jean.
>The soldiers let out the mutants, and everyone teams up to protect Jean from the aliens.
>Red Lotus get killed.
>Chastain rekts Magneto with her Phoenix powers.
>The X-Men get taken down one by one, with Cyclops as the last man standing.
>Meanwhile, Xavier manages to reach Jean and wake her up.
>They share a moment in a psychic projection of Jean's childhood home, where Jean forgives and recognizes her as her true father figure.
>Jean goes full Phoenix and wipes out all the aliens, but gets ambushed by Chastain, and they begin fighting over the force.
>Jean senses Chastain will never stop, so flies up in the sky dragging Chastain along, and they both explode.
>The mutants are let go by the government.
>Xavier realizes Mystique was right about him and retires to travel the world with Magneto.
>Beast becomes the new headmaster of the school, which Cyclops renames the “Jean Grey School of Higher Learning”.
>Quicksilver gets out of his coma and Magneto leaves Selene in charge of the camp.
>In Paris, Xavier and Magneto reflect on how far they’ve come, while a fire bird begins manifesting in the sky.
>The end, no post-credits scenes.

Overall 6/10, it was okay.

AMA.

Attached: 3.jpg (1200x800, 227K)

Do they even explain what race the aliens are?

Nope.

Damn

holy shit this sounds terrible
just how much money are they going to lose

wow this is shit.
MCU > FOX and WB

Does Cyke do anything at all? Is he still fucked beyond repair?

why the fuck did they do Mystique like that what did that stupid bitch expect playing a blue skinned person

Attached: disgusted rube.png (645x624, 266K)

Sounds like a serviceable action movie I guess, nothing special and a bit of a wet fart to end Fox-Men on, but I guess that's the best you can expect when you have a dude all but trying to remake a movie he already failed to make good once before

Do Scott and Jean yell each other’s names alot?

Why is jean such a cunt

>Quicksilver bodied in the first act to remove him from the action

Like clockwork.

>Young Jean accidentally causes a car crash that kills her parents
Why didn't they put this shit in apocalypse?

Looks to me that Disney is releasing the movie in this state as a final nail in the coffin to the X-MCU

Fuck that. The definitive ending to the series, for me, was both Days of Future Past and Logan, with both representing alternate timelines.

Mystique dies
10/10

Attached: 1471343784278.jpg (227x225, 6K)

Xavier and Magneto see the world as travel buddies

I'll accept it.

>Does Cyke do anything at all?
He helps in the space mission, defends Jean a lot, fights Magneto and Beast in New York, and is the last one to fall in battle against the aliens before Jean enters the fight.

>Is he still fucked beyond repair?
He's not bad, just bland and has zero chemistry with Jean.

Scott more than Jean.

It feels good.

>using her telekinesis to make him painfully climb up the stairs like a puppet
This sounds cool
Walk baldy, WALK!

any interesting background mutants?

>Xavier realizes Mystique was right about him and retires to travel the world with Magneto
>Paris
It's the Batman ending, what a fags

Do they have a romance at all?

>tfw such an X-Man mark I'll probably gobble this shit up
Having low standards is nice desu can't wait for New Mutants

Any music playing with any Quicksilver scenes like before?

Dazzler makes an appearance.

A little, but there's no spark.

Nope, just the Zimmer score.

Old Town Road by Lil Nas X, unfortunately

Name a franchise with such a varying degree of quality control as the Fox X-Men

Your'e acting like the trailer hasn't stated that since the beginning.

Planet of the Apes

>Cyclops drops a cringeworthy F-bomb.
>well if it isnt Fagneto

Godzilla

Getting off the Mystique dickriding is the only thing this movie potentially has going for it. Apocalypse would have been improved by leaps and bounds if Mystique wasn't in it.

>>Cyclops drops a cringeworthy F-bomb.
I feel like First Class was the only one to deliver the F-Bomb perfectly.

kek

It's astounding desu
>X-men
Good verging on great
>X-2
Great imo second best of the series
>X-3
Guttertrash
>First Class
Fantastic semi reboot that had many people hopeful
>DoFP
Good with great moments. A serviceable follow up to First Class
>Apocalypse
Pretty bad but not quite as bad as X-3
>Logan
Amazing. One of the very few superhero movies I would call a masterpiece.
>Dark Phoenix
Seems to be in the same boat as Apocalypse

>Meanwhile, Mystique complains Xavier keeps sending them on dangerous missions to feed his own ego while staying safely behind, and asks Beast to run away with her.
God fucking damnit Mystique is so fucking terrible in these films

Do they use john ottman's x2/dofp/apocalypse music or is it a new theme?

Is Cyclops played by Ben Stiller because I read that in White Goodman's voice.

>Nope, just the Zimmer score.
Weird choice after sorta building that up. Guess there'd just be nowhere to put it outside that opening bit, and that seems focused on the core cast more than just one fast silver dude.

>while a fire bird begins manifesting in the sky.
Just like the comics, the Phoenix Force just wont' fucking stay away.

You forgot Origins: Wolverine

>Magneto rallies two acolytes, Selene, a telepath, and Red Lotus, who has prehensile dreadlocks, to find and kill Jean. Beast volunteers to help.
>Prehensile dreadlocks
Did he even try to find anyone else? How the fuck is that even useful against Jean

>renaming the school after a terrorist
No wonder why the X-men are hated.

Can’t wait for Disney Men

Probably for the best

Also why the hell did the government let them give after that shit. That's not how that works. There are multiple murders and most likely tons of collateral damage.

Big ending; Xavier and Magneto fuck off and get married. Whoopdie fucking doo

Didn't hear it.

Selene and Red Lotus appear to be the only ones in the entire camp with fighting experience aside from Magneto himself.

The X-Men technically did nothing wrong, they tried to stop Jean every step of the way. Magneto I don't know.

Reminder that Jean still dies anyway thanks to the events of Logan

>prehensile dreadlocks

Attached: mike yikes.png (245x326, 97K)

I gotta known, does his hair grow as dreadlocks or does he just have them in that hairstyle. Could he theoretically have a prehensile mullet? Also what about his pubes?

>a bit of a wet fart to end Fox-Men on

sums up Fox-Men in general

The prehensile dreadlocks guy reminds me of the spikes guy from The Last Stand, although even that wasn't quite as lame

>Logan
>a masterpiece
Come on man

>that's the best you can expect when you have a dude all but trying to remake a movie he already failed to make good once before
This boggles the mind. Why did they let the same guy who already fucked up the most epic X-Men story once have anything to do with an attempt to do the same story again properly?

Inside job by Disney.

No he didn’t

HAHAHAHAHA

SUCK IT FOX-MEN FAGS

X3 was Tom Rothman's fault, not his.

>Logan
No canon

Rumor has it the aliens were originally Skrulls, but Disney forced Fox to change them after the buyout.

While I disagree with the general statement it's certainly the closest when it comes to comic book films.

Not true.

Selene the soul-sucking immortal mutant? I'm sure nothing horrible will happen if she's left in charge of a school.

She's in charge of the camp, and she's just a telepath with no inclination of being evil.

Also, weird trivia, they changed her look in the reshoots. She doesn't have purple hair in the movie.

Attached: Selene.jpg (302x437, 71K)

How many times did Cyke scream "JEAN!"?

FUN FACT: Selene and Red Lotus were supposed to be Psylocke and Sunfire and have bigger roles, hence why Selene is now a knife-wielding telepath. Olivia Munn and K-Pop star Rain, who was originally cast as Sunfire, both dropped out due to scheduling conflicts, and once Fox slashed the budget, they stripped the roles down to just two additional mooks for Magneto and cast two literally whos with exotic looks. Red Lotus was literally just one of the stunt coordinators.

Attached: Acolytes.png (689x399, 342K)

topheh

>Wow Jean, you just came back from dying, you must be like some kind of X-MEN: DARK PHEONIX IN THEATERS JUNE 6 or something!
Don't release this movie.

The worst part is that that guy in the comics is an Asian-Australian guy with enhanced speed, strength and reflezed, literally a claw-less Wolverine

Attached: 4262183-redlotus.jpg (659x960, 174K)

And now we wait for New Mutants...if it ever comes out.

God, this is how the X-Men end. At least Wolverine got a good ending

sounds like DIO with Polnareff lmao

They weren’t even being called Skrulls way before the buyout.

It has nothing to do with it

They could at least have made it Lorelei Travis

I think it's on track to come out. Report today said Disney is helping with reshoots too. Probably as a way to speed things out, let it flop and hurry up with rebooting.

>Mystique does this
>Mystique does that
>Wow guys Mystique is so cool
>Mystique is the greatest mutant to ever live and is the glue that holds the X-Men together
>Don't you guys just love mystique
>Fuck Professor Xavier he's selfish Mystique is way better
>You guys are sad about Mystique's death right? Because she's the best X-Men character right guys?
Fuck these movies. Thank god they're gone.

>Mystique/Beast are a thing because they're both blue

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-21-14h19m55s068.png (1280x720, 651K)

Top kek

Are these additional reshoots on top of the original reshoots?

Lol fr

The "original" reshoots never actually happened.

Put the tin foil hat away. I think we all know by now that Fox is perfectly capable of making lackluster X-Men movies without any help. The new Fox-men movies were already running out of steam. At this point I don’t mind them passing the reigns to someone else. It literally couldn’t be worse than Wolverine Origins.

I know you mean well and have a point, perhaps even half a point, but let me show you my tinfoil hat:
screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-third-act-reshot/

I think the reshoot was ordered by Disney, or at least some Fox exec who had seen Disney movies.

And yes, Fox had made a lacklustre Xmen movies as of late, that beign Apocalypse. But Logan and DoFP were great. And everybody, especially the normies, love Deadpool.

So no, if I have the tinfoil hat, its because I would have rather seen Disney try to salvage the XMCU than just body it. At the moment, they are only keeping Deadpool. Everything else ill be gone after this movie. And its a shame

>cyclops, Storm, night crawler, the most interesting characters do jack shit
>it’s all magneto, Xavier, mystique wanking
>beast is the only based and interesting character
>jean is there I guess
I don’t know what I was expecting. Sounds like absolute shit desu.

bucket list but with mutants

they were a thing because they were both weird looking thanks to mutation: hanks weird monkey feet and mystique being blue
Hank used her cells to create a "cure" for them cause her cells can visually transform
This leads to the blue fur beast, who is assumedly blue cause of her dna

But that doesn’t prove anything. Blockbuster movies get reshoots all the time. Sometimes even extensive ones. Just look at New Mutants, and that was before the Disney/Fox deal. Claiming Disney ordered the change from where the climax takes place seems like you’re just making stuff up.

Now i've got the mental image of Xavier and Magneto sitting at a table while old ass Jean with a tear in her eye makes a silent toast to Bruce Xavier before walking off into the sunset

I suppose that is a fair point. And speaking of the New Mutants, that does make me wonder what will happen to it. Will there be a place for it inthe MCU? Or will it just be a solo stand-alone, soon to be forgotten once Disney roles out its mutant lore. Because if its the latter, that tin foil hat on me is going to tighten.

probably for the best, between Apocalypse and now Olivia looks like she beat the ugly stick in a street fight

The fuck is even the point of having aliens in this shit? The original comic had the X-Men fight the Shi’Ar Imperial Guard on that weird planet because she committed cosmic genocide. Here she just, killed a few cops? Blew up a helicopter? Does the Phoenix Force actually DO anything? Hell, Jean could probably kill a few cops and destroy a helicopter with her real powers if she wanted. Why the fuck is the Phoenix such a big deal in this movie. What the fuck is the point.

likely to be a standalone or just ever so slightly tied into the current Xmen movie timeline(s).
Outside of Deadpool gags in future movies its likely nothing Fox mutant related will ever be seen again, well except Deadpool of course.

minute Disney roles out the mutant shitstorm into the MCU its gonna cause the entire thing to go full retard.

Dazzler? Really? What does she do?

this literally looks like garbage

why does every Xman movie look like bad cosplay, budget film? it looks cheap

Gotta give Jennifer Lawrence her shitty screen time for "dramatic acting".

I don't care if she's 46 now, bring Rebecca Romijn back.

Attached: Mystique - Rebecca Romijn 2.jpg (1920x1200, 913K)

I don't understand this common-day movie obsession of directors and movie producers completely diminishing comic book characters down to a flimsy broken reflection of a once incredibly powerful character capable of impressively grand feats.

Attached: 1209538620586.png (1279x1523, 3.87M)

>I've got a mentally unstable killer with amazing psychic powers in my midst
>Quick, summon the telepath and the guy with prehensile dreadlocks!

Attached: bork.png (187x212, 79K)

>Mystique dies
Good. Fuck Jennifer Lawrence

>Red Lotus, who has prehensile dreadlocks

Attached: 1518244128734.gif (360x360, 1.5M)

All of this shitting on Xavier is lame. Why can't he just be a wise, reliable father figure and teacher anymore?

So I read an interview... watched an interview where the actors said they had to reshoot because of too many parellels with another movie that came out.

I think it's captain marvel, they also changed Jean's look to be less firey because it looked too similar.

Probably something with the Skrulls was too similar to the aliens in this, they tried to use this "we must have both used the same source material" or some shit excuse.

Bad movie. Bad Franchise since the first movie and Logan.

Fox sucks

What was original ending?

>K-Pop star Rain
Seriously, they were going to cast a KOREAN as Sunfire? A guy whose whole deal is being NIPPON BANZAI?

Kek

>Red Lotus
Literally who?

>Googles
>X-Treme X-Men
No wonder I've never heard of him.
Out of all the X-Men villains they could have used, why the fuck would they use this guy?

Does Jessica Chastain's character even have a name FFS???

>Red Lotus, who has prehensile dreadlocks
For whatever reason this reminded me of this dude and the guy from the forest in X3, Spike I think?

Attached: 284px-KidOmega1-1-.jpg (284x413, 38K)

>they kill off Jean YET AGAIN
>Xavier and Magneto retire YET AGAIN
Fox literally don't have any other ideas

Does Jean wear anything that resembles the phoenix costume or is there any giant flaming birds? I can't bear to watch an angry ginger in a coat pulling faces.

Nope, just angry fire veins

Attached: 41CE6EE5-524E-46F4-B8EC-3C6E85CB4C29.jpg (798x420, 20K)

they probably want to be more "realistic" or something
the only one who can be defeated by spikeface

>make movie called Phoenix
>it's actually really about Mystique

What are you talking about? Mystique dies in the first act.

Attached: hiro laygh.gif (250x188, 305K)

>Mystique complains Xavier keeps sending them on dangerous missions to feed his own ego while staying safely behind
Hes a cripple you fuck

This is what all x men films from first class have been about

>bring Rebecca Romijn back.
Agreed.

>dies in the first act
yeah but even after she dies the plot still revolves around here
>Magneto finds out about Mystique’s death and decides Jean is too dangerous to be kept alive.

And it ends with
>Xavier realizes Mystique was right about him and retires to travel the world with Magneto.

>DoFP were great.
>great
If you watch you only watch 1 or 2 blockbusters a year, yeah, it maybe great.

Did Magneto get nerfed or does he still have the powerleves from apocalypse (ie. magnetic-forcefield)?

Wearing bowler hats, I presume.

Attached: rs_600x600-130918122316-600.Patrick-Stewart-Ian-McKellan-NYC2.jl.091813.jpg (600x600, 54K)

>Jean is being a dumb bitch flipping cop cars
>Charles: "Jean no"
>Jean: "Jean yes"
>Charles and the X-men and Jean flip over some more cop cars
>Magneto tries to control Jean to his own ends
>Jean learns to control her power and becomes a good guy
There, that's the whole movie. I didn't even read the spoilers.

Might be connecting dots between this and the old rumor that both Fox and the MCU were gonna use Skrulls at the same time?

They should have just went with Jean turning everyone gay.

Why did they kill Mystique after past few films heavily made her important?

This. I thought she was going to be Lilandra, or Deathbird, or Cerise, or some other Sh'iar.

My guess is that Jennifer Lawrence really didn't want to do it and only came back on the condition that she got killed off early.

Wait, since when are Mystique and Beast fucking?

Underrated Post.
It was cancer when it was Logan, and it was super-cancer when Mystique became surrogate Logan.

Because JLaw is a known money grubbing whore with no fanbase loyalty, she can scream that she was a Weinstein victim all she wants but lets not pretend she did what she chose to do to get what she wanted.

modern audiences aren't capable of enjoying ensemble films, there necessarily has to be a POV character in place they can relate too

Oh schwarbage, the most successful comic book movie films of all time are ensemble pics.

What the Avengers? Don't pretend like those weren't Iron Man and Pal films, the only time the rest get to shine are in their solo films.

Might Disney have removed references to the alien race's name or character's name, so they can use them later in the MCU without people associating them with the Fox movies?

>>In Paris, Xavier and Magneto reflect on how far they’ve come, while a fire bird begins manifesting in the sky.
JUST FUCK ALREADY

You have a very loose definition of the term "revolving around".

Its amazing that Quicksilver is so broken they keep having to bullshit ways to keep him out of action.

>Jean "dies"
>wolverine nowhere in sight
>xavier and mags being gay at paris
bros is it time for /our guy/ Scott to lead the X-men in the inevitable MCU movie? bring back emma as his bitch

Feige is not going to keep the FoX-Men status quo. It'll be a big reboot.

Killing him in the MCU shouldn't have been the solution.

The takeaway from these posts is that no one wants Mystique as a good guy.

He wasn't particularly broken in the MCU to begin with.

Even more reason not to kill him

Mystique was actually pretty great when she was in the X-Men. But the movies have handled this in the worst possible way, and editorial will never allow anyone to remember that era of comics history, because she was dating Bobby at the time and now Bobby is a Gay Right Icon.

>Apocalypse
>Bad

>"not quite as bad as X3"

Watch X3 again. It's basically unwatchable.
Apocalypse is a masterpiece by comparison.

Jean is definitely the main character and Cyclops does a lot, though.

Creates a light show during a party.

They're all he's got.

Nope.

No costume, but there is a firebird once or twice.

Nah.

Nerfed, but that already happened in the end of Apocalypse.

Close, but no cigar.

Since X-Men: First Class.

Attached: First Class.jpg (851x351, 45K)

I don't know how anyone can enjoy these films. Superheroes are physical roles and all the damn actors are fucking faggots that would die if a frozen burrito is thrown at them. More than half the cast is college drama rejects including jlaw. Finally we've had exactly one actual costume in two damn decades from fucking psylocke of all fuck

Attached: Dead_Galactus.jpg (674x1024, 185K)

Have you seen it? What's your rating?

> Mystique complains Xavier keeps sending them on dangerous missions to feed his own ego while staying safely behind,
He's in a wheel chair you asshole

>>In 1991, the X-Men are beloved public heroes, and Xavier sends them to space to rescue astronauts whose ship was damaged by what appears to be a solar flare.
Atleast there is payoff to the end of Apocalypse with the team becoming more like comic book superheroes. At the end of First Class, Magneto was set up to be like classic Magneto which he wasn’t in DOFP. Then everyone knows how the happy DOFP ending for the original movie team obviously got soured by Logan. At least this sounds like it’s picking up where the last one left off, which has been one of the biggest problems with this series.

Why do the recent xmen movies shit on Charles so much?

Hack screenwriters and desperately writing out speedster characters so they can't just solve the plot by themselves, name a more iconic duo.

Attached: vudz7.jpg (350x334, 27K)

They're just taking inspiration from the comics, where he's objectively worse.

Attached: Xavier sex offender.jpg (780x352, 137K)

Since the very beginning he was conscripting at-risk vulnerable teenagers into his own personal war/propaganda machine, he was always a dirtbag in that respect.

Attached: Cyclops Right 01.jpg (630x630, 47K)

6/10, it was alright. Sophie Turner was surprisingly good, McAvoy and Fassbender are always great, and there's some neat action scenes.

What is his comic backstory that made him the man he is anyway

>not wanting free superpower training, room and board at a giant mansion, free eduction, access to future tech military equipment, seeing the world
Cucks all of you

What are you, a US army recruiter?

His Dad died, then his mother married an asshole and Cain Marko became his stepbrother. That's pretty much it, he still lived a privileged life of wealth and using his powers to be the best at everything. He also fought in the Korean War.

If the army came with superpowers and supermodel orgies then yes

Red fucking Lotus. I swear they just pick random names, attach random, unrelated powers and go from there. That actor works better for Harpoon and he at least has a better offensive power.

>They're just taking inspiration from the comics, where he's objectively worse.
What's wrong about that? He can't help loving her, but realizes he must keep his feelings to himself. He's doing the right thing.

No Weinstein = no career

>I can never tell her
>I have no right

so part of that makes him a sex offender or a bad person?

>What makes this dude in his 50s crushing on a 15 year old a bad person?
user, I...

To be fair, Stan Lee probably intended Xavier to be in his 30s when he wrote that, considering the fact that he made him a Korean War veteran instead of a WWII veteran like Reed and Ben Grimm. It's just that since he's bald and in a wheelchair (both of which are things that Stan showed happened in his youth), fans and later writers assumed that he was older.

It's known that Lawrence hates playing Mystique

Having a crush on a teenage girl doesn't even make the top 5 of Xavier's worst crimes
>Tried to kill his unborn twin in the womb
>Faked his own death and made his students grieve for him for the lulz
>Train child soldiers
>Brainwashed countess people
>Enslaved the Danger Room despite knowing that it was sentient
>Is a deadbeat dad to his son, Legion
>The Xavier Protocols
>Everything about Deadly Genesis

>All of that shit
>bad
Pick one mugga

Still not as bad as cyclops

What's the one where the original X-Men went missing, so he sent a second team of recently recruited mutants on a rescue mission when he knew they'd certainly die?

Deadly Genesis. Don't forget that he then made the surviving team forget about the dead team, including the fact that one of the dead mutants (who turned out to not be dead and was very pissed) was Cyclops' long-lost other brother.

Chuck also brainwashed Wolverine into joining the X-Men.

Is this just writers not thinking things through or are they intentionally feeding the "Xavier and Magneto both have valid points and both did horrible shit" narrative?

>Is this just writers not thinking things through or are they intentionally feeding the "Xavier and Magneto both have valid points and both did horrible shit" narrative?
A little of column A, a little of column B.

but how many harvey dicks did she sucked off to become her?

That's a crime?

Zero, that's why she got the role. As punishment

Except Mystique can look like fucking anything whenever she wants.

Cassandra Nova was always pure evil, m8.

Attached: Cassandra Nova.jpg (602x421, 175K)

literally who cares since this is the last X Men movie to feature this cast, we're getting a reboot in 5 years
Too bad some great casting was wasted here, such as McAvoy and Fassbender

user, Endgame was already full retard. We are going to go beyond full retard.

So what does this mean for the ending of Days of Future Past? And Logan?

Well that's a load of meh.

and only three movies too late

For what its worth Singer considered Apocalypse his definitive ending.
Logan was more meant to be a send off to the character rather than a send-off to the universe.

How is any of this Charles's fault?

Mugga was warned by his future self to make sure this very thing didn't happen.
And it did.

My personal roster for the MCU X Men is Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Beast and Storm

Logan worked well, even if it wasn't intended, as a definitive ending for the universe. Unless they choose to go X-Men: Beyond with Laura as the protagonist, the universe was tied up with Logan. Depressingly so, but still

>Singer teases Jean becoming the Phoenix in prior movie
>when it comes time to actually make the movie that was teased he bails
>Phoenix movie turns into a shit show
You just know that the cycle would have repeated itself if Singer was still viable and Fox wasn't bought by Disney
>some other director reboots the X-Men
>Singer "triumphantly" returns to the franchise
>teases the Phoenix in a future movie as a mea culpa for ditching the franchise and allowing it to go to shit
>ditches
>Phoenix film is shit
>reboot
I hate repeats.

Honestly, I think Apocalypse handles the Phoenix really well when taking DOFP into account.
It shows more like Jean is coming into the powers from a position than strength and not messy chaos, which could mean that Young Prof. X took Patrick Stewart's advice to heart.

Gives it a nice ribbon.

The Pheonix / "Jean Grey goes crazy in X3" storyline is unacceptable and overrated.

There is no good way to drag this idiotic plot into the big screen. Apocalypse was more believable of a premise

It's funny how this isn't even too far off.

It could have made a great movie, actually. But with two failures it has to be set aside until people forget about it. Maybe in 100 years there'll be a good phoenix saga movie.

Just asking in here.

Is there more to Jean Gray, besides hosting the Dark Phoenix creature?

I read the Giant Sized X-Men in black and white paperback (by the way more comics should be in black and white.) Right up onto the Phoenix Saga and I put it down there. It seems like, you get Jean Gray and all these stories focus on this Dark Phoenix thing, and the whole structure of the story changes from what I'm enjoying.

They now have two movies dedicated to this storyline, and they're both duds. Also I don't like Sophie Turner's face... yikes.

Attached: 50067999_2177090255886343_7878091754783144825_n.jpg (1080x861, 282K)

What will Laurence do now? That was literally the only role I know that was still paying her in the millions. Man, did she decline. She was an A-list celebrity with Hunger Games and stated she was now too good for cape films. Now, cape films don't want her.

Heh, she DEFENDED Weinstein until recently, obviously no one gives a shit about her right now.

She's team mom of the X-men.

That being said recent books have tried to put her in a leadership position with Cyclops and Wolverine written out at the time.

It honestly should have ended with Logan. They even had a reason why mutants were declining. And a generation taking over. It was pretty much the better ending.

That wasn't why. They killed him because Whedon just HAS to kill someone every film and he was the one Marvel was willing to let go because he was already more known as an X-men character since DoFP came out first.

In fact Fox deliberately used QS and marketed the hell out of him simply to spite Marvel and Disney because it was a shared character they were allowed to use. Originally it was Juggernaut that helped smash Magneto out who then fucked off because that was all he was willing to do which makes more sense than QS having a blast but them leaving him after the first act because he's too helpful.

Yeah but it takes her effort to do that.

Along Spiderman 1 and 2, those 3 movies are the best Marvel movies ever, and the only Marvel movies worth watching, too.

She'll use her mutant sheboon powers on a cosmic space god

>In fact Fox deliberately used QS and marketed the hell out of him simply to spite Marvel and Disney because it was a shared character they were allowed to use.

It wasn't spite, it was just business.

>Last of the X-Men dies, but his sacrifice ensures the survival of the next generation of mutants.
Heck, you can almost see it as comic page with a caption like
>"The X-MEN may be gone, but Charles Xavier's dream LIVES ON!"

Add Spider-verse and we are golden.
And maybe the first Iron Man.

Maybe if you're a quack.

>a government-sanctioned mutant camp run by Magneto
This is actually bar none the stupidest thing I have ever had the displeasure to read. Fuck you. Fuck the writers. Fuck this timeline. God is dead. Praise Mephisto, lord of darkness. Our inevitable deaths can't come soon enough.

Attached: x-books.png (1987x819, 696K)

>>Logan
>No canon
all the movies are no canon, continuity is almost no existent

Because he was always a colossal asshole? Always.

Ironic coming from a Mousefag

>>Red Lotus, who has prehensile dreadlocks
This isn't Fox-men peak, but is very close

>It could have made a great movie
Not really. People see the Dark Phoenix Saga as just a bunch of issues in space and then Jean dies at the end and that's why people liked it but it didn't work like that at all, the reason it worked was because of the build up in previous issues which you can't do in a movie or even two.

>TFW you will never travel the world with your elderly soulmate buddy

Attached: No..png (629x614, 264K)

So what will the roster be the MCU X-men? I feel like Fox constantly bungles the opportunity to do anything with Cyclops so he’s ripe for a good movie, but Wolverine is such a favorite of casuals and normies now.

It's a convoluted plot that, for some reason, a bunch of comicsfags insist on shoving into the movie again and again even when it never works. Alien possession, space shit----it's harder to follow than an ancient mutant god who wants to bring about a apocalypse.

As garbage as the Last Stand was, I give it credit for at least trying to streamline the idea of Jean turning evil and throw away with the retarded alien possession plot all together

Let's see
>Cyclops
>Wolverine
>JEEEEEEEAN
>Iceman (revealed to be gay in the second movie, in a scene that Marvel makes sure isn't plot essential so that it can be cut in any country that wishes to)
>Nightcrawler
>Storm
>Beast
>Kitty Pryde/Jubilee as the new member
>Professor-X

Indeed, the whole thing with Mastermind and the Hellfire Club is essential to the Dark Phoenix Saga narrative.

>in a scene that Marvel makes sure isn't plot essential so that it can be cut in any country that wishes to
We've really gone far from the days of Shatner and Nichols' on-screen kiss.

It depends if Disney will recast Hugh Jackman or not. The dude is 50 so it's probably not the best idea to build a franchise around him, let alone the issues with brand confusion, but he's undoubtedly the most hard-set actor/character superhero in the minds of normies, so replacing him will be a tall order.

Xavier has just established the school, Scott, Bobby, Hank and Warren already live there for about a year, Jean is the new arrival and de facto main character, as she's the audience POV character being introduced to this world.

VERY IMPORTANT: The kids are played by actual fucking teenagers and not 37-year old Famke Janssen.

You can afford to piss off the South a little (they simply didn't air that episode in several states), not so much the international market in several countries.

China alone is a deal breaker.

How will you compare action scenes to DOFP and Apocalypse?

>>Iceman (revealed to be gay in the second movie, in a scene that Marvel makes sure isn't plot essential so that it can be cut in any country that wishes to)
That is exactly the kind of move I expect a company that wants to appear progressive for good PR and thus more money but at the same time is just a corporation whose primary interest is making more money and will thus ignore any actual progressive principles when convenient.
Corporations don't have an SJW agenda, they have a money agenda, and appearing progressive makes more money than appearing to be conservative.

They are both shit, but X3 at least cringey enough to be entertaining. Apocalypse is just sleep-inducing bore.

>The dude is 50 so it's probably not the best idea to build a franchise around him

Jackman himself decided to step down because the exercise routines were getting harder and had health problems. Plus he wanted to focus on Broadway and other small projects

X3 is boring and embarrassing.
Apocalypse is goofy as fuck and is ridiculous enough to be enjoyable.

At no point was Famke's Jean implied to be a teenager. She was a doctor and everything.

Attached: Jean Grey.jpg (570x708, 42K)

Didn’t Jean do her Phoenix thing in Apocalypse? It doesn’t make sense how she barely gets the Force now since it seems like she already had it

You're looking at it the wrong way, stories weren't made to be sold and read as arcs back then. If you followed the series issues by issue it was a very rewarding experience, even with the editorially mandated ending.

As someone who doesn't read X-Men, can Phoenix be done well? I feel like any plot she's a part of would inevitably turn out the same or similar way X3 did

The movie implies that the power she displayed there is the reason why she can survive bonding with the cosmic force.

Better than Apocalypse's, on part with DOFP's. Nothing groundbreaking, mind you. But perfectly average.

Mystique is so goddamned insufferable.

it can be done well if you just follow the comic, but literally everyone is already familiar with the story, it's cool in the comics because she's super powerful like superman, she does good deeds
while slowly showing signs of power corrupting her

She was also hot as balls.

Sounds to me like they don't plan to continue anything after since Disney bought Fox.

So they didn't try to wedge in some kind of bridge to the MCU?

So, Cylcops and Jean don't even fuck?

Nah she is just a henchwoman not the immortal vampire

Nope. They just do hand stuff.

lame

>Everything else ill be gone after this movie. And its a shame

not really. X-Men movies have been bland and lackluster and frankly outdated for some time now.

lmao thank god these movies are over

So, this ending doesn't really gel with the future that DOFP showed at the end.

I agree with this, same thing goes for the Netflix heroes, especially Iron Fist.

Yeah, and it sucked ass. If these characters aren't introduced as kids you get to see growing into their more well-known adult roles, X-Men loses a lot of its emotional investment, ESPECIALLY with Jean, since they insist on doing Dark Phoenix over and over without putting in the work to make the audience legitimately care about her well-being.

He already said several times he'd be willing to come back to the role, even if it was for just one movie, if it's the MCU.

There are probably will be contrarians who will claim X-Men movies had "soul" or other crap once Disney takes over, but if they will just a single movie where 2/3 of the cast doesn't feel like a literal deadweight, that'll already be the second best X-Men movie ever after DOFP.
Not counting Logan, since it's really not an X-Men movie.

I have zero recollection of DOFP other than Bolivar Trask being a dwarf and the Sentinels looking like hair salon equipment.

Cyclops and Wolverine will have the Cap/Iron Man dynamic and be franchise leads

>It depends if Disney will recast Hugh Jackman or not

they absolutely will. If they recast Spiderman, they'll do the same for FF4 and X-Men.

Logan is the best X-men movie after dofp

>You can afford to piss off the South a little

kek the South is prob full of bleachers anyways

Why in the fuck would you rename the school least of all after Jean?

why would Fiege want his universe tainted with Foxmen shit?

Spider-Man had already gone through a recast when Disney got their hands on him and Sony took the brunt of it. Hugh Jackman was Wolverine for almost two decades.

Because he’s an overrated hack

Still doesn't explain why he needs to bring in Fox garbage.

Disgusting.

Beyond that no one ages in 30 years DOfP sets up that Charles is a more mature man early on thanks to Logan in the 70's which is why Jean never gets corrupted in the future and how basically everything is back to normal in 2024 and nobody died.
The new mainline films were supposed to fill in the gap between the new timeline 70's to the end but instead they just create yet another continuity that doesn't fit into any movie timeline. Shit even Logan though it disregards all mainline films still makes more sense in canon

What a waste

Attached: 1496863441472.jpg (600x552, 196K)

That's a no-brainer.

No. But they hug and kiss.

They don't care anymore.

>from fucking psylocke of all fuck
She had the perfect look

>I don't care if she's 46 now
If anything it makes it better. You see Hela in Ragnarok? Sheeeeeit.

I meant its baffling that psylocke is the only xmen costume we've seen in 19 years. The sexiest one is the only one.

Fuck I wanted some damn iron fist camp. They just needed to treat it like batman 66 and the series writes itself

>The aliens don't worship the Phoenix, they just want to use it as a weapon to conquer the universe.
>Magneto, Beast, Storm, Nightcrawler, Red Lotus and Selene get captured by the government after the battle at the abandoned building.
>Jessica Chastain manipulates Jean into attacking the United Nations and summons her armada to subjugate Earth.
>Cyclops and Xavier avoid arrest and chase after Jean, convincing her not to kill the world leaders.
>Jean regains her senses just as the armada arrives.
>Jean says farewell to Cyclops and Xavier, disintegrates Chastain and flies into space, where she explodes in order to destroy the armada.
>The government releases the captive mutants for helping save the world from the aliens.
>Rest of the movie proceeds as usual, except instead of Xavier and Magneto travelling the world together, Xavier goes to help Magneto run the mutant camp, which is explicitly named "Genosha".

That's pretty much it. The script called for an epic battle between the X-Men and the aliens in the streets of New York, but the budget got slashed, and the end result was Cyclops and Xavier talking down Jean, Jean one-shotting Chastain and sacrificing herself to scare away the aliens. Not only was it very similar to the ending of CAPTAIN MARVEL, it had zero action and tested pretty poorly, so Fox gave Kinberg enough money for the train battle, which is at least a big fight with all characters involved.

Attached: Phoenix.jpg (628x380, 247K)

So does Chastain's character have a name or not?

So were those screen testing leaks from the version with the half-finished CGI from last year ever actually confirmed?

BWAHAHAHHAHAA
BASED AF

Attached: fortykeks.jpg (600x528, 49K)

Nope. She's credited as "Alien".

..and? Fiege will want to reboot because he wants no confusion of what's canon to the MCU. Same thing will happen to the Netflix heroes as well since he didnt produce those either.

how so? Name another successful cinematic universe.