House of X / Powers of X Variants

Cecchetto

Attached: 81333450-6942-49C8-A4D1-D26145A85AEC.jpg (1200x1822, 624K)

Pichelli

Attached: 35B80024-8D94-4963-B2CF-8F39614987AC.jpg (1200x1798, 658K)

Madureira

Attached: 91E38BB2-CF00-4236-9FDA-E6A68E6008FB.jpg (1200x1821, 423K)

Noto

Attached: 12CEACEC-FD6E-4723-9863-9E32DD043A17.jpg (1200x1820, 446K)

Huddleston

Attached: 47774892-4EB5-491A-9256-A6891E167D89.jpg (1200x1821, 481K)

Brooks

Attached: 2AD4AB6B-DDD2-47A1-8380-725245DD2CFC.jpg (1200x1822, 798K)

>Joe Mad is so ingrained in the 90s he can-t even draw updated costumes
I love it.

Weaver
("new character variant")

Attached: 5A1E5A48-E543-4E57-9C1F-47797DDC19BB.jpg (1200x1821, 817K)

Brooks is too good

Attached: 3758ECD0-7102-42D0-AD9F-AB670313918F.jpg (1200x1821, 519K)

Huddleston

Kirby

Attached: A2081B58-E42C-43F2-B051-67B049815071.jpg (1200x1841, 703K)

Hans

Attached: 7DA04E37-5DE4-450C-9E8B-E7DEE76940D3.jpg (1200x1855, 421K)

Cassara

Attached: 721A2381-C9CB-47A1-A8D0-06E9562C734B.jpg (1200x1822, 798K)

Brooks

Attached: 93C73817-F6FC-4161-B70F-DC8268E58ED4.jpg (1200x1822, 784K)

Cockrum

Attached: 23FF6364-9DCE-4FCF-A9E7-9EE27AC214D1.jpg (1200x1791, 632K)

I think he's probably the best artist at Marvel.

So, it's Colossus/Magik/Dani Moonstar?

My autism says buy one of each.

Maybe Kitty Pryde isntead of moonstar

I know she's just a mashup of 3 characters but New Character's design is brilliant. The armored arm especially, reminiscent of East of West's Mao.

/Shadowcat. In a preview page it showed that she can phase as well.

Interesting...

>That helmet
It looks awful.

Who is the naked flying man?

Not bad.

I'm excited for this run. I've liked the way he writes Beast and Sinister in the past.

Gateway

This looks so good, fuck.

Is she going to be from the future, or is this maybe Hickman's plan for Sinister, creating new mutants using the DNA and powers of several other characters at the same time?

>> Every costume is better than the new one

Not off to a good start Hickmeister

I like this costume. It picks up with the Rightclops design just with blue instead of red and goes back to the classic visor without being completely retro.

JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xavier is the Maker, Magneto is Doom.

>Hickman can't even leave his pet character out of an X-Men story
Can't tell if based or not

Is this digitally painted or traditional

>head condom
ruined

Is this where the Scottpile came from?

Attached: scottpile.jpg (1247x1920, 396K)

Rightclops design worked because of the mask not the weird lines. But Cyclops looks best with his hair out

is that the maker?

It's Chuck, Hickman just likes that visual motif/concept. See also: East of West's Babylon and Endless Nation

Fucking too bad this is going to be a rare 1 in 50 varient, I'm not paying 75 bucks for it.

oh my god bottom right of the X it's bill the mutant lobster from Fallen Angels.

Sikorsky from the Starjammers is hanging out with a lipless En Sabah Nur?

Why is nightcrawler red? Is that Vulcan, next to him? Who's the wolverine behind Jim Lee cyclops and who's the barry windsor smith wolverine down in front? And who's that on the bench in front, Moira?

Even if Sinister can make that crossbreed, how would it get the soulsword?

yes

>Why is nightcrawler red?
It might be Azazel, Kurt's deadbeat demon-wannabe dad. He is indeed red.

It's like I can actually hear each of them mindlessly shouting JEEEEAAANN

Is NIghtcrawler red now?

...what the fuck? It's literally the Rightclops costume only with a dull blue and with a regular Cyke visor.

Who is the lazy hack who designed this? Either you go full Rightclops or don't!

So, is Cyke still dead? Or is this story going to be bringing him back?

>The armored arm especially, reminiscent of East of West's Mao.
Or, you know, her aunt Magick who's Soul Sword she's carrying ...

Probably the safest place for the X-men to live would be to shrink down and hide inside of whatever omega level mutant just hit puberty. All anyone talked about when it came to X-men was how tired we were of the minority status and the hate marches and the word and the Trasks etc. That was right before Joss Whedon in a bunch of effort to super-hero them all over again but it's been fading. The Morrison stuff, the Nightcrawler 's Dad Warren Worthington dating teenage Paige Guthrie, was a big distraction so we didn't notice the face from awesome as Whedon's run ended, then House of M fallout, Ultimate X-men, Tian, Ellis's Ghost Box etc, all to bring us right back to where we were before Whedon super-hero-fied the X-men.

You want to know what's wrong at House of X?
More than any other corner of 616 Charles Xavier's School for Gifted You haters needs a time-scale adjustment around the various graduating classes and an editorial incentive to make it look like an actual school and the closest we've gotten to that was Quentin Quire's War at Xavier's.
But for now we have this new take to ease us out of Age of X-Man.

tl;dr: Thread Bump.

I got a signed print of the art at C2E2, but Bill's cropped out...

It's *Checchetto (read as Kekketto)

>so we didn't notice the face from awesome
the fade from awesome I meant
Warren Ellis's Ghost Box stuff also faded fast. I think what X-Men need are a series of X-men Life Story miniseries starting with the original X-men and proceeding to Uncanny then X-Factor. Minimal hints at all the secret stuff that's been added to the history such as the secret original team Xavier out together using Saber tooth and Mystique etc, or the Vulcan/Darwin team. Just minimal fat.
Is Spider-man Life Story selling?

Attached: STL112236-1280x1968.jpg (1280x1968, 357K)

>You want to know what's wrong at House of X?
I'll tell you what. It is advertised as the big jumping point for the X-men that will change the status quo forever. Until a new writer comes in and does whatever he wants.

I meant the mutant side of marvel not this current story arch titled house of X, whoops. Understandable mistake. You're awesome and I love you.

Those all looks fine to good but i'm probably not getting any since i don't buy variants.
The one with Wolverine does appeal to me a lot though.

I left at the end of Death of X.

Can someone storycap me? Like what happened? Is scott back? How did he come back? Are Xmen books still awful?

>Or, you know, her aunt
Oh word?

Aunt May.

I'm starting to think the mr hickman might have a thing for cyke just a hunch.

That doesn’t mean we won’t get a solid run out of it. And he’s planning on writing it for two years at least.

All kinda terrible.

Why? they're mostly terrible.

I wouldn't pay 3 for it.

Ok, very cool user

And being a shill is cooler?

>my autism says spend ALL my money on garbage LOLOLOL
>JOE MADZZ xD too bad in only willing to spend 50 on one of his covers!!
>gee willickers isn't marvel just the bees knees
Fuck off

Current Cyclops is Rightclops merged with Teen Cyclops. Looks like the new costume is trying to reflect it.

So X-Men Grand Design?

Seriously

Most of this art is comparatively fine compared to many artists they have now, my question is are they still using the same toilet paper grade paper stock for “covers” they have been using since around 2012 or so? I noticed some Marvel number ones have improved now (usually for like six to ten bucks) but for years now they have been marking up variants that have been printed on covers that are just interior pages that are thin as tissue paper and the ink smears if you touch it. Basically worthless outside of a mylar and even then who knows how long it will hold up in the long run compared to a traditional, glossy or cardstock cover. I always figured that’s how they justified the free digital download, so you don’t have to touch the issue while you read it and smear the ink everywhere. But I have no idea why anyone would pay more than cover price for a variant printed on this trash.
Again I do think most of them look good and I like the minimalist logo while not going the virgin route. Thanks for posting, OP.

The could focus on a different group of characters each issue
60s: 05
70s: Not New, Not Different
80s: New Mutants
90s: Generation X
00s: New X-Men
10s: Generation Hope

It's a good idea generally but not right now. Grand Design plus Hickman's comprehensive approach renders it moot for the moment.

What's her name?

Cyke has been alive for a while now.

Our Girl

I don't believe you but I believe you

SeeThey're being cagey with her name

I thought that was the artist, ala

Sorry if I misunderstand you but to be clear Weaver is the artist, she's simply refered to as "new character" so far

He just came back at the beginning of this year. Read the X-tinction mini series and of the current Uncanny series read annual #1 and issue #11 and you will be caught up. Everything after that is trash just waiting for Hickman to save us from Rosenstein.

Does this mean that the Silver Samurai is FINALLY coming back to life? Otherwise, why bother giving him a new design?

is that fucking warlock

Extermination not X-Tinction

JEEAANNN!!

Right thanks

This but school focused so that whatever new generation comes out has a faster processing pipe towards an actual graduation so they can disappear conveniently into whatever background marvel universe New Warriors and West Coast Avengers faded behind.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. This is Pete and Kitty's kid

How do I know this isn't another high profile attempt by Marvel to drag X-men through the mud again?

ding ding ding

Because they have the movie rights now. They no longer need to shit on them and try to downplay the characters.

As a 90s fan Stormwatch and Cyberforce defined what a Modern X-men story should look like the way U.N. forces were suppose to supplant war but never did because causes.

Just read the annual. Damn it's comfy to see Cyke be hopeful and right (truly this time) again :D

Loved FF, loved Sadvengers, loved SHIELD, loved East of West, will love this too.

Who else /outandproudHickfag/ here?

I want to punch you so goddamn hard.

No that was the Uncanny X-men annual where he came back to life.

>kitty's creepy pedo face

I fucking love the Maker. Besides Ultimate Spiderman it’s the best thing that came out of the Ultimate Universe

That is Xavier.

Hey, I had enough edgelord Cyke to last me a lifetime you fag.

But he’s no longer right in the annual. Being right was a very specific thing (being right about the Phoenix reigniting the x gene) that made him into Rightclops. But now he disavows being Rightclops (even though Bendis had him do literally nothing). So I guess maybe you mean “wrong again” ?

>edgelord
You deserved to be slapped so goddamn much.

I also thought he was the Maker at first and was very wtf

Reading up post #11, it really feels like an old school X-Men run and not like the modern trash! What didn't you like about it I wonder if I'm missing something? Wolverine's writing is pretty messy is all.

Honestly it’s better than the shit we have gotten for the last few years (and trust me I have bought it all like I always have) so as an X-fag I like it, but I still wouldn’t say it’s good to someone who isn’t an X-fag. I was just giving my recommendation to someone if they wanted to find out how Scott came back and be ready for Hickman.

Oh ok that makes sense yeah, it's definitely very X-Fag rooted and it works. Wonder where hickman will take it from here!

They should have saved Cyclops return for this

And these 3 panels made me laugh out because watching Wolverine jump out of a hole in a building and end up on the 4 floors down with a knife in his head was kind of funny.

Attached: c7c7da4140631a25b532d1a76bba4d5b.jpg (1002x654, 577K)

Another one

Attached: dbcf5152b6aa230a74459dc2f83d9a49.jpg (907x486, 439K)

I still don't know wtf this is supposed to be

>JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN JEAN

I feel like Hickman is going to either really understand the characters or really miss the point.

Keep in mind that most of the X-Men books are currently struggling to sell 30k per month, they're selling worse than Hulk, Thor, FF and Avengers, while Spider-Man and Venom books are carrying Marvel's sales. Bringing back Xavier, Jean, Cyclops and even Wolverine has done nothing for sales. All the other X-books are being cancelled before these two minis start. If Hickman doesn't turn things around, and keep sales up, Marvel will have little cause to publish more than 2 X-books.

I’m optimistic
That was pretty good

>Marvel will have little cause to publish more than 2 X-books.
That's unironically a good thing. I couldn't give a shit about the X-men in a long while due to how many titles there were and none of them good. At most we should have one main X-men book, with a Wolverine and another team spin off maybe X force.

Same here. He'll strikeout in an incredibly embarrassing way or hit it into the 3rd deck

Is this Phantomex Xavier?

I doubt it. Don't think Hickman would care to keep that going plus the body and face look pretty classic.

I've been thinking the same thing, though I've been leaning on him hitting it out of the park.

I don't know, Fantomex and Weapon Plus seem like the kind of thing Hickman really likes

All-New Mimic?!

Agreed in theory but I think he's gonna start with a blank slate

I hate Muties. I hane't read anything X-Related past some Ultimate stuff and Morisson's run back in the day, plus Uncanny X-Force and some Astonishing. I like Hickman's autism and sci-fi. Should I buy these new minis?

Attached: 1509891620567.gif (455x699, 1024K)