The Lion Guard

Everybody hated on this cartoon but it's probably a better Lion King property than the new movie. It gets a lot of flak for being preschool, but it's not actually preschool in tone and it has continuity with an ongoing story.

The series premiere was terrible so a lot of people assumed the whole show would be that bad, but it's actually really good.

Attached: The-kupatana-celebration-hd_(466).png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qakvPFNlO_k
youtube.com/watch?v=uX6ycBbIw0I
youtube.com/watch?v=oWm87HkaYdE
youtube.com/watch?v=NFV1yABhFWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As a grown man who spends his time shitposting about Tangled...

...this is preschool

The show is extremely mediocre.

>but it's actually really good.
When is season 3?

>for being preschool
>...this is preschool

IT SURE DOESN'T FEEL LIKE IT

Attached: 1105827524.gif (307x196, 1.27M)

isn't this the one where the lions have cutie marks

The dinosaur one would have been better, but this show does have hot girls

They aren't cutie marks. They don't represent anything other than their membership in the team.

Yet an average episode is more mature than an episode of Adventure Time. They're not talking about shapes and colors, chief. It's a proper series.

Attached: letsfuck.png (997x556, 478K)

Are they magical spots that show up on the butt shoulder of the animal?

You mean the show that turned Zira, a psychotic widow that is willing to do anything and everything to achieve her goal of revenge, into a generic race supremacist? Yeah sorry, this show has some cool ideas but in general it's straight up garbage. Zira is too hardcore to be on a preschool show, don't have her if you have to change her.

Attached: Better then Scar.jpg (1920x1080, 955K)

Not on their butts, no. They're more like arm insignias.

Well, the show implied she was Scar's lover and the hyenas did sort of betray him and eat him. She'd have just cause to not trust the lesser species after that.

Scar tried to assassinate Simba, Beshte and Jasiri. Just because they don't say the word kill doesn't make it any less true what he does in the show. And the action scenes have been getting better as characters are actually using their teeth and claws this season instead of just doing tackles all of the time.

The animation is really stiff and blech. I did try and watch it’s nothing more than a shallow, hallowed out version of the movie.

Everyone knew she was Scar's mate since Lion King 2, Nuka and Vitani are her and Scar's cubs. Kovu was only made adopted to avoid the obvious incest between him and Kiara. As for hating other species because of the Hyenas killing and eating Scar, how did she know the Hyenas ate Scar? The only ones there for that event was Scar, Shenzi, Banzai, Ed and the rest of Shenzi's pack. The fire would've burned the body to ash so unless the Hyenas told someone, everyone would've thought Scar died on impact or be crippled and die in the fire. Also Scar betrayed the Hyenas first by trying to blame them for everything when confronted by Simba at the top of Pride rock, with Shenzi, Banzai and Ed overhearing and growling at the audacity as they leave. There is no reason to turn her into a supremacist, they only did that to give her a more pre school friendly characterization. They could've made up a new character like they did with the Lion Guard lore, but instead they ruined Zira.

Many in the fandom still deny that they were together, or that Nuka is Scar's son. None of that was directly stated in the sequel.

I like the cheetah character. She seems level headed and the hippo guy too. Bunga is kind of annoying

They're just markings to denote who's on the team.

They retconned Kopa and instead made Kion. They also made him younger then Kiara which only adds more questions like why don't they reference him in Lion King 2. The first 15 minutes of Lion King 2 shows us Kiara's childhood and Kion is nowhere to be seen or mentioned. At least with Kopa he was the cub at the end of the first movie, making him older then Kiara. Why not make Kopa canon and put all the Lion Guard bs with him as the main character? Or use the head canon that most Lion King fans who know about the books use. Basically the reason Simba is overprotective of Kiara and the Outlanders were banished in the first place is because Zira kills Kopa as part of her vengeance against Simba for killing Scar. That's why Simba is so furious with Zira and the Outlanders, every time he looks at them he sees his cub's murderer (Scar's Mate) and her followers. But I guess that's too edgy for DISNEY to use, Disney would NEVER do edgy stuff like that.

Attached: I am forgotten.jpg (218x310, 37K)

Kopa was never canon.

Wait is Disney telling up they FUGGED in this picture.

leave it to Yea Forums ti have a front page discussion about a fucking show for toddlers

Holy Christ, this is some autism.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qakvPFNlO_k
The entire moral thisis that lion king 2 and it’s source material in Romeo & Juliet was about.
^^^
Your head.

Zira embodies cyclical revenge & tribalism Of *course* she’s racist.

Zira killing Kopa is pure fanon.
The real answer is that it’s a continuity error and expanding the lore of an open shut story wasn’t something Disney thought they would end up doing. As of now Zira killing Kopa is just a really metal Lion king 1.5 plot idea.

Attached: 73C87634-19EC-4356-8DF3-8F2B12010652.png (1024x472, 194K)

The animation isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The ONLY issue it has is that the characters sometimes look like they're in front of a green screen, as they don't tend to make physical contact with their environment. But the movements can be as smooth as butter.

Attached: 1536251610633.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

that's just your autism, user. It's ok

That's because many in the fandom are furries who suck off Scar so much they make self insert OCs to be with him. They also deny Nuka is Scar's son because 1.Andy Dick and 2.he's pathetic. They see him as an insult to Scar, so they disown him like Scar and Zira did. Even though Zira still cared for him as shown when he died. We're talking about the same fandom who debate whether or not Mufasa was a bigot towards Hyenas and that Hyenas dindu nothing. If they can't pick up the subtle hints or the directly obvious, that's their problem. I couldn't care less.

Here's an example of the show's bad animation work. None of the characters in this scene feel like they're standing on the grass. The grass doesn't react to their weight. They're making no actual contact. So it looks uncanny as hell.

Attached: 1536251767294.webm (1920x1080, 2.8M)

>1 hour and 34 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=uX6ycBbIw0I
She's cute and righteous
youtube.com/watch?v=oWm87HkaYdE
Scar got good taste

wow are you new to animation? the backgrounds are still images while the "action" scenes are drawn and then placed over the still background. cause they arent gonna animate every frames background.

Are you new to animation to not see this looks like shit?

did you even read what I said? I know it looks like shit and I explained why. because the background is a still image while the characters are placed over it. its like you are blind or something.... shit

Most cartoons don't look like a goddamn green screen, though. I didn't watch Avatar: The Last Airbender constantly thinking they weren't standing where they were standing. The Lion Guard has a big problem.

the average kid that watches this cartoon isnt going to give a shit bout those tiny details... because well its a kids show. thats aimed at kids. the action is more important than a high tech blended background

I like the cheetah girl.

Any cartoon on the big three networks is for kids. Hell, 90% of cartoons are for kids. Yet those other shows put more effort into their work.

Yet in that same clip and for the entire movie she has an intense hatred for the Prideland Lions. If she was a lion supremacist, wouldn't she be trying to get Kiara or more lionesses to join her? Or is she just trying to kill the pride because they won't side with her? Kinda like a KKK member killing white people.

I gave it a shot after hearing some of the songs, the villain ones specifically. It is pretty dumb, but in a surprisingly entertaining way, Roar OP nerf plox.

This is lewd.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFV1yABhFWY

It fucking stole the studio out from Star vs. fuck this show.

Mercury Filmworks would have been wasted on those shitty later seasons anyway.

They're fucking gang tattoos.

this looks......this looks really good actually

watch based 101 Dalmatian street instead