youtube.com/watch?v=u7jzqXnYwfo

Attached: retards.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BqiofQIdjVo
youtube.com/watch?v=gmZ2NvGw250
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how would that even work out as a televised show

This is truly a sad gamer moment

you should blame chris and zach, they said they fucked over the interview so bad the adult swim executives even told them it was the worst interview theyve had yet

How wouldn't it work out?

They had a bunch of 15-20min skits lined up

youtube.com/watch?v=BqiofQIdjVo

They said Adult Swim would've still been interested if they changed the plot to avoid hell like they planned originally since they already had two shows about hell running at the time

And then they chose Mr Pickles anyway

yeah i know, i wish they werent autistic and went with it

Hellbenders sucked, Chris and Zach might be able to get away with a cartoon who's content is just them making noises because of their e-celeb status, but it sure as shit isn't enough to carry them through television.
I mean I like them and everything but they should be ashamed for even trying to pitch this, they really should have known better.

Yes, the bar to Adult Swim is INCREDIBLY high

I can't tell if you're sarcastic, but even so, at least try to put some substance in the show you're trying to pitch.
Mr. pickles might be a little cringier with the sheer edge it relied on, but it's more than just Chris and Zach making noises.

AS has aired much worse

Didn't they get turned down because there was already a bunch of shows revolving around Hell?

Yes and the Producer told them they'd be fine with the show if they changed the name and redid the intro

They didn't

As much as Mr. Pickles was bottom barrel shit. I don't think this would have fared any better. If it was just made by Chris and Zach it would have been autistic screaming for 15 - 20 minutes and if they had hired writers to make episodes, all the edgy manchildren that will be the bulk of the audience would be turned off cause they will never emulate the retarded humor that the series was known for.

I thought they were making a cartoon about that pink guy with the long nose?

the leaked pilot actually did a pretty good job giving the characters a plot

somewhat actually, should I reminded you of Black Dynamite being a thing for instance?

I remember the stream adult swim uploaded of people pitching their shitty idea's and one guy had an idea about nuggets made out of weed and one of the hosts had said he's heard it a million times
Adult Swim still needs to turn a profit so yes they have standards

Not even that, it's the title. "Hell" has nothing to do with either of the shorts we've seen released and they were still willing to argue and kill their chances for a show over it.

This is boring as fuck, some kind of animated gamegrumps wannabe. Ins't this guy the one who made Leo and Satan? Do it instead of this boring shit

different guy

Attached: Piman1.jpg (422x494, 48K)

Hellbenders is the cartoon equivalent of wanting to get in on that Let's Play hype, then naming your channel Totally Not Gay Gaming, and expecting not to get laughed at and ignored. You have become the old man yelling at clouds.

it wasn't just the title, the main problem was running ads. Apparently, because of how hellbenders looked/was written, it was stuck in a weird spot demographically, they weren't really sure whether they could put a beer commercial or something else on it.

Everyone always brings up Mr. Pickles, its literally the same type of edgy humor, the only difference is that Mr. Pickles is animated and drawn like horseshit while Hellbenders is passable.
Zack and Chris aren't very good writers and the animatic shows it

Attached: 1557875765380.jpg (1003x768, 107K)

>special thanks
>edd gould

Does AS use their shows to sponsor products?

And if so, I don’t see how the two main characters couldn’t do it.

aren't both of those fuckers doing pretty good right now?
I stop following all the newground animators after sleepycast ended and DD left the lets plays.

I would say that Mr. Pickles is edgy whereas Hellbenders is pure internet

user, Sleepycast just uploaded an episode and DD came back to finish Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon

I liked the short, but I hate how plain they draw themselves. They need to look more visually interesting.

>The Jellies
> Lazor Wulf
Both got proudly renewed but Ball Masterz gets sweeped under the rug

Attached: 1558458130476.webm (770x422, 2.84M)

Leo and Satan is better

Ballmasters was the shit

they're kind of a case study in how not to get your show picked up.

>put some substance in the show you're trying to pitch
I mean given every pitch ever is more style over substance I'm sure there would've been more to it if it ever took off, you can't really judge the full thing based off a pilot/pitch

the American Dad pilot was fucking boring and the actual show is pretty funny

You think Hellbenders could last 3+ seasons like Mr. Pickles?

Ball Masterz is getting a season 2

Adult Swim also passed on Supermansion despite the fact that the pilot actually beat Mr.Pickles on the polls.

>Wear matching outfits to your characters
>Loudly talk shit about people in the lobby
>Dont budge when asked to change some aspects of your show
>Awkwardly introduce yourself then show your pilot and ask PLS

Attached: 1362584072893.jpg (300x328, 23K)

it was probably already in production at the time

I doubt american dad ever had a pilot, considering the success of family guy at the time. the first official episode wasn't a pilot

>wacky faces and squealing
It's hard to believe I'm saying it but Mr. Pickles was absolutely the superior option

Can someone give me the full rundown on what happened with their pitch process? Is there some vids or written accounts?

Are these people the ones who made that damn mario thing that's super popular? Can't remember what it was called but the art style looks the same

only them talking about it in the sleepycabin podcast, but I have no idea which episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=gmZ2NvGw250

racist mario? if that's what you're talking about then no

that was pretty damned terrible
no wonder it never got picked up by anyone

that could just as easily be zach lying to save face

never gonna happen

theyre not politically correct

>while Hellbenders is passable
barely

oney's doing lets plays like a faggot, but he's also apparently planning on releasing a game someday (no gameplay footage to be seen, and it looks like it's going to be a generic platformer)

zach is trying to run a patreon into the ground to subsidize living in california and trying to get work with all the people he's been shittalking over the years. he even boarded a scene in an episode of zombie spongebob

>DD
Why do you care about this faggot when he hates you for being a fan of his?

>he even boarded a scene in an episode of zombie spongebob
I don't see how that's not fucking cool. I watched that episode, it wasn't bad. He didn't write for it or anything, but it was alright.

and chris has said his game is going to be about gaining and keeping momentum, sounds a lot like sonic. If done well like genesis sonic, it could be good

a lot like how family guy's pilot is identicle to the first episode, american dad did have one
and it was probably pitched around the time of family guy's first cancellation

there was also a video zach made where he talked about it, but i think he deleted it because he promised to make more videos and never delivered

one of them made that unfunny get out of my car cartoon

it would ultimately be better if it wasn't just another "lol le funny face" gag

TO BE FAIR the first two points were entirely accidental on their part

I appreciate that if done well. Early spongebob did a lot of that too, if you recall

Too much of what they think is funny is just making that silly, but often hard to understand Oney Voice he and his friends do. And of course, drawing weird faces here and there. If you've seen one of his cartoons, you've seen all his cartoons. The writing itself has almost nothing to it at all. His LPs have the same problem. They're not really funny so much as just loud and unintelligible noises. It's the same humor you'd get from a bunch of chortling middle school friends at their lunch table.

Can't say it's worse than Mr. Pickles or anything, which is also not good, but I don't feel like the world is really missing out on too much. That kind of... comedy... is better suited to being short internet videos.

How can you accidentally shit talk people?

they were talking shit in the lobby, and the guy who was interviewing them was sitting in there too, wearing a hoodie and jeans so they thought he was some rando

Oh, so less an accident, and more that they got caught being shitty people.

early spongebob did a lot of things

Sounds about right to me.

Yeah, but it wasn't their ONLY joke. Early Spongebob had good writing. Chris and Zach are one trick ponies who get propped up by internet mediocrity cause they were early adopters and the internet has low low low low low standards.

I guess so. I mean they were like 22 at the time, it makes sense. I was like that at that age as well. Smart? No. Relatable? Sure.

Why does somebody been posting this shit like anyone should share their outrage? If your show couldn't even measure up to fucking Mr. Pickles, look within.

Remember when the creators of Drawn Together also did a pilot for Adult Swim and also passed on that?

Look up Coffin Dodgers

it is a bit shit let's be honest

It wasn't that bad, most of the jokes hit their mark and the random faces filled in the blank spaces

>adult swim chose shit over this other shit

But mr. Pickles is good now. It was the first season that was trash.

Attached: 1A028EED-C102-4B21-8A6E-C71B9E567FE2.jpg (1920x1081, 185K)

i just hate how young they are and got so successful even when their show didnt end up on adult swim. I mean all of us have dreams and keep getting pushed away from it. Ah who am I kidding I am not funny enough and and no where near as talented.

the guy I am talking about had clothes

And he was a stalker/obsessed with some woman who was scared of him

Yknow, I thought this was a fever dream I had rather than something real

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

So why didn't they just change the name and hell theme? Sounds pretty stupid choice since they were ok with anything else.

that’s Julian

They pretty much admitted that they were just ego tripping and thought their position in negotiating it was a lot stronger than it really was.

Excuse me, that's his wife who he loves very much.

Still sounds incredibly stupid since it didn't matter much to the show.

Its pretty obvious they only got as big as they did because they got an early start by being successful on Newgrounds. They do have talent and they have improved their skills over the years but alot of their success is due to being at the right place at the right time.

Well that can be said of anyone that's "made it" but most of the SleepyCabin crew can consistently put out good content

Except Stamper, that nigga is DEAD

Nightmare Cops WHEN

Should never have sold out to the west and stayed east. Hollywood will ruin the boys.

It's shitty that Hellbenders wasn't picked up by [as], but at least both Chris and Zach are working on new projects. Chris with his Bowlbo game and his OneyPlays channel and Zach with his joint animation project/podcast alongside Michael Cusack.

Shit taste

I liked Clown Robbery, Ok I said it.

you are entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

Smart move, Drawn Together was garbage.

Is it really? I'm asking honestly, how better?

They made the right choice.

Mr Pickles is much more Lazzo's sstyle of humor than this. That makes sense.

Why are there so many wrong opinions here?

Game Grumps fans

>OneyPlays
>Project
more like an easy, monotonous cash grab that is a siphon on more productive things

Shut the fuck up DIng Dong and go back to crying on Twitter

Game Grumps and Drawn Together are garbage.
What now?

Attached: 1559168373274.gif (500x379, 876K)

Well Game Grumps is a given but you're still a fag

Zach said on a podcast that he ran with the meme that Gremblo became for a bit but felt the character didnt have enough substance to fuel a TV show

Chris and Zach both seem to be stuck in the middle of projects they aren't allowed to talk much about yet. Only difference being Chris gets his revenue stream via Let's plays and Zach has his patreon plus probably some other sources he wont talk about.

Ah finally, another man of taste