When was the last time a comic book didn't make you feel disappointed, underwhelmed...

When was the last time a comic book didn't make you feel disappointed, underwhelmed, or angry that you had wasted your time reading it?? For me it was Multiversity

Attached: 1525251684486.jpg (1064x833, 346K)

Honestly I cant fucking remember. Not sure if its because of my shit memory or the overwhelming amounts of crap Ive read and seen.

Attached: 356C51C8-6454-4385-BBC0-E6B9A240E3AC.jpg (226x291, 21K)

I suppose Heroes in Crisis is my most recent. I went below my already low expectations and just made me feel horrible about everything in the book. It felt like the antithesis of what I previously enjoyed about DC.

I liked Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and that Spider-Man tie-in. Doomsday Clock was pretty good and the Detective annual was good. Maybe you should read more comics and stop reading the shitty ones.

I enjoyed countdown to infinity Darkhawk.

about a week ago
i read blue is the warmest colour and i fucking enjoyed it
either that or lost years of the authority

New Super-Man or Sideways if we’re talking finished stuff. The ongoing Martian Manhunter mini hasn’t let me down so far either.

Attached: F6F328CC-EA6F-45EF-A8A5-21DD28EB6F43.jpg (571x817, 127K)

Why would I be angry? Disappointed or underwhelmed but never angry

For me it was yesterday, because I'm not a miserable fuck.

Maybe you should learn to have higher standards than generic capeshit that will mostly likely be forgotten within a year or two

Just yesterday

Maybe you should focus on finding things you like to read OP

And no, you don't get a (You)

Just about every week, as I actually read comics instead of exclusively bitching about em here. There's too many good comics if anything.

Yesterday? I liked Last Knight on Earth and I'm excited to read X-Men Grand Design. I also genuinely look forward to a few other books a month.

Jim Henson's Tale of Sand was pretty excellent.

>New Super-Man
>Sideways

I was going to mention these two exactly. Both are really fun and humble books. I haven't checked out Martian Manhunter yet but it has been on my radar. Abnett's Aquaman was also very good.

We talking capes specifically or any new comic? Because I read Renew your Vows Volume 2 last year.

I can’t say I enjoy Bendis or Superman very much, but I checked it out on a whim and I’m actually enjoying it a lot.

Pax Americana.

Thank you OP for making me appreciate actually enjoying stuff by serving as an example as the kind of user to never be. Now I'm going to read a comic... and like it!

>When was the last time a comic book didn't make you feel disappointed, underwhelmed, or angry that you had wasted your time reading it??
Literally 2 minutes ago. Just finished Adventures of Superman and it was great.

Attached: Greatful.jpg (387x735, 111K)

Bendis is pretty hit or miss lately for me but I think a lot of my dislike for him comes from him being the centre of too many Marvel "events" that led no where or had no stakes or payoffs. He can be an okay writer when he wants to be.

Martian Manhunter’s pretty neat. The writing is good, but the art’s what does it for me. It’s such a nice style.

Priestroke has been mostly, MOSTLY good. Overall, I am enjoying it and I haven't felt angry, disappointed, or like I wasted my time. There have definitely been some underwhelming moments, but overall, it's good.

Dec Comics 1000 wasn't bad.

Attached: transmetropolitan.jpg (326x499, 51K)

It was worse than Action 1000 imo. Read Batman 400 for an actual celebration of the character

Since Forever Evil probably.

Attached: Forever Evil.jpg (1600x1237, 556K)

This. Also enjoying immortal hulk, and the hawkman run

I like how everyone iTT is getting so defensive about be able to enjoy such abject mediocrity that they just assume the OP has shit taste for not being able to enjoy whatever he's reading

Same. I'm happy i'm not a buying cuck.

Bendis Superman.

Batman/TMNT III #1

Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

I have forgiven so many bad stories, but to date I can't forgive this shit.

Attached: 273325-56231-one-more-day.jpg (640x640, 54K)

Not so much that OP has shit taste but they seem like one of the types that can't enjoy a comic if there's a single flaw and can only decide if it's either 10/10 or trash.

That's almost everyone here. There's no enjoying something flawed, it's always extremism. It's either kino or garbage

The current Doctor Strange run by Mark Waid is really damn good. I also completely loved The Ultimates as pme of my favorite comics from the past ten years. And memes aside, JA's entire run of Thor has been satisfying up until right now when everything has to be sidelined for the event so the entire plot is hard stalled in an awkward way.

Immortal hulk. Each issue of it remains a joy to read.
currently, it is one of the few things keeping my interest in comics even awake. It's not a perfect comic book by any means, but it goes to interesting places and has some really lovely designs going for it.

See that's the misconception everyone has

Everyone has something they'll complain about and most will play it up for what we used to call the lulz

But at the end of the day most of us can honestly sit back and enjoy something and it's only the sad sacks who go out of their way not to

god is dead
I will never recommend this or anything else made by alan moore ever again.

Attached: 8B969B60-AD71-42CD-9133-FC598D5C1C6C.jpg (1280x1968, 680K)

doomsday clock #9. havent read 10 yet. im pretty excited for #10. im also excited for last knight on earth desu senpai

I've been reading Starman, it's fun.

This. Fucking modern DC is dead to me right now.

Postal, I think.

Ewing is my god. Anything by him.

Preacher, but I'm a pleb who only got around to finishing it this year. Really for my rate of comic consumption I could read nothing but classics for the next decade, which is a good feeling.