ATROCITUS THREAD

Attached: d97e297c569f853807d08b1c44b14ac1.jpg (900x1363, 304K)

Remember when DC had actual stories? Me too!

I bet most of you don't even know who this character is.

What has Atrocitus been doing?

Oh shit he's John Stewart

oh dang

Why is he so mad all the time?

they broke his Play Station.

Didn’t he control his anger now?
I seriously don’t know what happened to Atrocitus.

Rrrarrr me mad

You'd be mad too if someone broke your playstation.

Attached: Red-Power-Ring-Green-Lantern-DC-Comics-Rage-a.jpg (500x707, 89K)

He needs his own comic book guys

Attached: ae7be89f24e0fd243478554c5efaa064--red-lantern-green-lanterns.jpg (736x981, 147K)

it's not enough bros, it's not fair, I need my red lantern guy craving...

Attached: dc_comics_atrocitus_red_lantern_corps_desktop_1024x768_hd-wallpaper-514920.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

Red Lanterns are the best Lanterns.

Atrocitus solo with Dex-Starr in supporting role

latnerns are boring pass it on

He got cucked by an earthling.

Attached: Guy x Bleez.jpg (1500x2247, 787K)

>Red Lanterns
>Good
The only entertaining ones are Bleez and Dex-Starr.
Even Orange Lanterns were better.

Red Lanterns are the only corp I could realistically be a part of other than the Grey ones.

Attached: Reckoning.png (640x360, 341K)

Is Atrocistus really the bad guy?
I mean if I knew that all life in my Sector of space were destroyed I would get angry too.

Dex-Starr solo with Atrocitus in supporting role

I'd read that

Attached: 589780-atro.jpg (385x328, 32K)

Didn't he die at the end of Red Lanterns? I can't even remember.

What are the other Lantern Corps doing?

>based Angry Cat shenanigans

Attached: 765433456.jpg (600x469, 78K)

Pretty sure the Red Lanterns don't exist anymore, but I don't know what happened to the others.

I'm mad there is no comic for him

Attached: atrocitus-em_riv.jpg (467x640, 110K)

>Pretty sure the Red Lanterns don't exist anymore
Since when? What happened?

Well they basically all died at the end of Soule's run.

that's bogus

Oh wait, I'm reading the Wikipedia page it it says Atrocitus and Dex-Starr appeared in Rebirth. Can't really remember that, but I guess they were revived?

It's not, they died at the end of Soule's run. Guess that's already been retconned, though.

How were they killed?
Aren’t some of them heavy hitters?

The red ring acts like their heart, so when you take it off them they die.

I know but why did they do it? Did they all just commit mass suicide?

I can't really remember what happens, but there's not many Red Lantern left by the end and the last few (except Dex-Starr) all ally with Guy. Atrocitus kills most of them and then he gets beaten by Guy, who takes his power ring (by being angrier or some shit?).

>Not knowing Saint Walker
What a pleb.

His family and his entire species was massacred by an army of psychotic robots created to protect them gone rogue. He later discovered one of the Guardians of the Universe had caused it deliberately to show the system could fail.

That's kind of like discovering God is an asshole.

From there on out it was basically just any injustice in the universe, and there are plenty of those.

Honestly, he's kind of like the Punisher.

>Punisher with a red lantern ring
If that happens there won’t be anymore mobsters in New York.

At one point Relic destroyed the various Corps'. He didn't get all of them though.
But at another time five or six of the seven totem beasts went behind the Source Wall to restock the dwindling reserves of emotional energy so the universe wouldn't die.

The wiki says "both Gardner's Red Lanterns and Atrocitus' Red Lanterns come into conflict with each other, which ends when a recently inducted Red Lantern, Judge Sheko, determines that Atrocitus, his Red Lantern splinter group, and herself are all guilty and she destroys them. However, Atrocitus and Dex-Starr survived but are apparently killed when Guy takes control of all of Atrocitus' newly-created Red Power Rings, stripping them of their rings and removing their life support."

There would be if Spider-Man had a Green Lantern ring.

user OF EARTH, YOU HAVE GREAT RAGE IN YOUR HEART

Attached: red_lantern_ring_by_kalel7-d5hsrfy.png (557x480, 167K)

Duh. It's Red Hulk. He even has an H on his chest.

Attached: Hulk_98d32c_2266568.jpg (240x240, 18K)

>Relic
>Judge Shego
Who are these guys?

I'd read that

Relic was an alien from universe BEFORE ours was bigbanged into existence, who believed his universe died out because of an over use of emotion light usage like the Lantern rings do now in our universe.
So he went about killing off lanterns of all kinds, while trying to study The Source Wall in hopes of finding the source of all emotion light to keep it from being depleted.

Is the overuse of emotion light a thing now?

Exactly.

Relic was from the previous universe - a giant-sized scientist who discovered that emotional energy is not an unlimited resource, so he tried to stop HIS version of the various lantern corps from using it. He failed and this caused his universe to wither and die. He was determined not to let it happen again, so he destroyed several of the Lantern corps'.

It turned out he was absolutely right, btw. Fortunately the situation was resolved by replenishing the emotional reservoir, at the cost of five or six of the emotional totems, and now, nobody mentions it again and the Green Lanterns just freely use their rings while the other corps' are simply ignored.

Judge Shego was female (although it wasn't easy to tell with her species) who was apparently created simply for the purpose of erasing the Reds.

I actually liked Baz x Bleez
Too bad it was never touched after the first arc of Green Lanterns.

It was until it was fixed and never brought up again because the run sucked and nobody liked it.
Nothing about it has been seen since.

Honestly it hardly even made sense since it always seemed like the source batteries simply picked up on the emotional energy given off by sentient beings in the universe.
Like the time two blue lanterns kept a sun from going supernova yet didn't use a single bit of their ring charge because the inspirational hope from the planets nearby from seeing the red dying sun turning blue covered the energy usage.

So emotional totems are guys like Parallax right? So all of them are dead?
Also, what happened to this Relic guy?

are there any stories about red lanterns killing people who deserved it?

In the story Relic discovers the way to replenish the "emotion well" is through the power of the White Lantern and practically uses him to break into the Source Wall to find the well.
It gets replenished, Relic 'dies' fusing to the Source Wall, and White Lantern Kyle Rayner gets spat back out after somehow refilling the well.
Story ends with High Father of the New Gods boom tubing to be the thread for the next storyarc (which following the emotion well crap was easily better).

As for the totems they all died (or just hanging out in a retirement home beyond The Source Wall for all we know) except Parallax who Sinestro kept chained as he was using it to power War World and then later used a bunch of fear to replenish Parallax back to health. You'd think being the only emotion entity left it would mean something significant but it's pretty much never brought up.

I don't know if the totems - of which Parallax is one, and he stayed in the universe - are dead; I still think it was just a lie, a trick to make sure there wouldn't be another War of Light.

A lot of Green Lantern continuity from that time seems to be completely ignored. Apparently Relic made peace with Hal Jordan after they defeated Black Hand who was trying to weaponize the Source Wall; and in any case he would not have reason to pursue his mission anymore after the emotional wellspring was replenished.

Mostly though it's just that his character represents a problem: the Green Lanterns consume a finite resource every time they use their power, hastening the end of the universe. That doesn't work very well in a superhero comic, especially since it was never an issue before: emotional energy was generated by every living being. It's not petroleum, after all.

Famously there's Dex-Starr. Otherwise they seem mostly occupied with fighting the Green Lanterns.

>Highfather
Oh I remember that. Is Bekka still with the Sinestro corps?

Some of the Red Lanterns got revenge on people who wronged them. Most of then WERE assholes if that counts.

Otherwise it's usually not till they teamup to fight larger evil threats like black lanterns.

Maybe? Possibly/probably not.
I'm personally about 2 years behind on my DC. Where I am now Sinestro Corps is actually run by Soranik Natu, and she actually tries to run them as good guys even being partners with Green Lanterns.

I hope they retconned it.
Maybe say that Nekron was eating the emotion in Relics and Hals universe.
The Totems sacrifice themselves to stop him for now or something idk I just don’t like this plot point.

Yeah... about that.

What would Atrocitus be like as a blue lantern??

Not a good one.

He'd look good. The red/blue contrast would really seem nice.

Attached: 1056681-bright_hope.jpg (1279x541, 130K)

that look red hot

What if Atrocitus were born a female?

Attached: thYUP5BNHD.jpg (474x249, 11K)

He’ll look like his wife but buffer maybe even amazonian.

with huge but very feminine muscles and big boobs.

>seduction of one of The Five Inversions to learn blood magic
>in lesbian form
Hot???

Attached: images (2).jpg (295x171, 15K)

Do these aliens even have normal sexes? I know atrocitus’s species is sexually dimorphic but the 5 inversions?

A lot like Saint Walker. He was a psychotherapist to start out, after all.

'Atros' is Greek for 'doctor'.

>'Atros' is Greek for 'doctor'.
Huh, good eye. Do they ever portray Atrocitus as a reasonable doctor sometimes?

Would it matter? He showed Roxeaume affection and it worked. I doubt they did the horizontal mambo, but even if they did...

"Wait, is this - is this your - "
"One of them."
"Does this feel good? Does it feel good when I do this?"
"Unnnngghhhh... don't stooooop...."

Everyone knows Annihilus, duh. He fought Superman on Titan

Reminder that Atrocitus has a crush on Mera from when she was a Red Lantern.

Attached: mommy.jpg (791x1200, 302K)

When did he ever shown affection to Mera?
Litrally what issue?

Mera's hot

During Blackest Night when she was puking blood on BL Aquaman screaming about "I NEVER WANTED KIDS" Atrocitus was practically like "you're always welcome to join the red lanterns permanently."
And later around Brightest Day, Atrocitus finally bothered to make constructs and he used them to make a giant red Mera to fight, so Earth GLs made some comments about his crush on her.

Attached: 8nm5rrj9ooe11.jpg (620x930, 144K)

Attached: tumblr_mimoi05ILM1qk5wfdo1_640.jpg (600x430, 80K)

Thanks user. Couldn't recall if it was Hal or Guy who said that.

atrocitus comic when?

Not just destroyed, but destroyed due to what essentially is a software bug.

I mean there were two runs of Red Lantern comics. I don't think they sold like hotcakes.

they should make a stylish atrocitus comic book with just him in it.....

Attached: 2761460-atrocitus.jpg (800x798, 132K)

How did an entire sector of space get killed except them? Did they explain this?

First was carried by Bleez's ass. The second was carried by Guy and Supergirl's.

They should focus on him being a sorcerer-king

>They should focus on him being a sorcerer-king
I never get that anyway. How are all the other rings technology based but the Red Lantern rings aren't?

Well the Inversions and the Empire of Tears were essentially immortal demons. They even physically ressurected themselves at some point.

The creatures occupying the universe billions of years ago were made of some WILD stuff.

IDK just use the "magic is just science we don't yet understand" excuse and add the word blood to somewhere in the phrase.

Attached: the-inversions.jpg (498x353, 115K)

Honestly I think the green and yellow rings should be the only one based on technology.

Indeed.

Attached: K-e8KXHt_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

they all came back at the beginning of Green Lanterns Rebirth, no reason as to how, but i know i'm pissed Skallox's death means a lot less

make up a ring, give it it's colors, its power and give it an emotion and describe the symbol for it.

When will they give Manta the ring?

Any art of Rule 63 Atrocitus with Dex-Star?

I don't think so....

is there a bigger jobber in DC cosmic

he's no jobber, he cool.

he big jobber lose all time lame

Attached: 1545707514083.png (2000x2000, 1.51M)

He means well.

>”But the event is almost over!! No! Stop! I want that hat!”

could one remake the rings?

>NOOOOOOOOO
>I NEED TO GET ALL MY DAILIES

Attached: Agent_Orange.JPG.jpg (900x1366, 266K)

>Just one more round please I can't pause multiplay!

Amazing

Attached: epic_lulz.jpg (600x582, 68K)

if the red lanterns come back, what do you guys want different?

More focus on the Magic part.
Really what makes them stand out from the Lantern crowd.

Attached: Its MAGIC.jpg (469x737, 103K)

Nothing really. They have a good gimmick.

Sector 666 was massacred by rogue Manhunters. (They weren't really rogue, just reprogrammed by a rogue Guardian).

Only brown is left.

And two emotions: grief and joy.

>I bet most of you don't even know who this character is.
Are you SERIOUSLY trying to show off how into comics you are by bringing up your familiarity with one of the most pleb DC arcs of all time?
>What if... There were OTHER lantern colors?!?!

torching mad..
You could use a red ring.

It's such a retarded gimmick. Judt as bad as when they ruined the Green by adding ten otber lazy derivative nature forces (the rot, the metal, the divided, etc). Shitty MBTI-esque 'everyone has a special category now' writing is as low brow as it gets.

>the rot, the metal
It wasn't that bad user. Makes sense for there to be multiple parliaments.
The Clear was stupid though, should've been part of the red.

Attached: Red Lantern Corps.jpg (1000x1537, 375K)

I now want a webcomic about Atrocitus and Larfleeze as a babysitting/nanny duo.

I wonder if they ever questioned why every lantern corps seems to have one of those big head body guys.
They seem to be a very emotional species.

Then again so are Earthlings.

FUCK THE GUARDIANS
FUCK MANHUNTERS
FUCK GUY GARDNER
FUCK THERAPY
FUCK VOLTHOOM
FUCK SINESTRO CORPS
Saint Walker is cool

Attached: big red guy.png (1135x318, 641K)

More Space Punisher Shit
Less Guy Gardner

y e s

Reminder: He beat his wife.

Under all that rage is the pain of a man that lost everything.

Attached: GreenLantern48-wedidnothing1.jpg (1280x2023, 928K)

Reminder: He probably had a good reason why.

Hey now! He only beat his wife in a timeline in which manhunters don't go haywire.
And on top of that, it was most likely Voltoom's lie.

When? What issue?

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Attached: zagek1v9lff21.jpg (1024x1024, 109K)

I wouldn't remember exactly (at some point where Volthoom was first introduced, so around issue 15? Idk, I read it long ago).
Volthoom shows Atrocitus alternative timeline in which Manhunters don't destroy his Sector, so at some point he becomes a tyrant, ruling over his planet with an iron fist. He beats his wife and murders his son who tried to stage an uprising. Regular TL Atrocitus is so upset that he refuses Voltoom's offer to undo Manhuters' massacre, and then asks his corps to kill him in grief.

>at some point he becomes a tyrant, ruling over his planet with an iron fist.
But he is a friggin Therapist?! That's just not possible.
How do you go from being a medical professional to a tyrant?

>atrocitus
>sounds like "trocito", spanish word for little thingy

atrocitus confirmed for being a short dicked idiot

I mean, Hitler was a failed artist, and Stalin was a poet. There's no Tyrant school.

If the Red and the Green are just animals and plants, and the Grey is fungi... well... here is a tree of life...

We'd need 26 Parliaments.

How about we stick to two, just the Green and the Red: Autotrophs and heterotrophs, that is to say life forms that make their own food and life forms that have to feed on other life forms? Hell, you can still have the Grey for beings that feed on waste.

The Rot was always nonsense since organic decay is basically bacteria and other microscopic organisms eating.

Attached: Tree.png (1024x501, 265K)

Unless you include Skull and Bones.

don't forget the granny goodness shit

And Mao was a librarian. And Castro was a humdrum attorney.

>How about we stick to two, just the Green and the Red
I'm the user who brought up this complaint about lazy derivative category writing in the rainbow of lanterns and the different later parliaments in non-Moore Swamp Thing lore and I agree with that. The Red wasn't terrible. Same deal with the lanterns. Having Green and Sinestro (yellow) was fine.

needs more than color for the rings desu