How would you guys envision a South Asian-inspired Avatar: The Last Airbender? In our East Asian-inspired version...

How would you guys envision a South Asian-inspired Avatar: The Last Airbender? In our East Asian-inspired version, we have Japanese culture: Fire Nation, China: Earth Kingdom, Eskimo: Water Tribe, Tibetans/Nepalese: Air Noimads. So which four Asian cultures would correlate to bending?

Attached: South_Asia_Ethncity.png (1036x1176, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sM54NfaXkck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Arnt there already indian people in avatar

I honestly wish that we got more South Asian inspired stuff but apparently Indians get really buttmad if non-Indians use their stuff.

Poobender lol

If you extend to south and southeast asian cultures in general it'd be pretty neat.

Nah its more if they use it but get it wrong. Like say if we take Jesus and make him a gay man.

The Four Nations aren't so strictly based on any one East Asian culture like you wrote. For example, Pathik is clearly Indian-inspired and the Water Tribes take a lot from Oceania cultures in addition to the Inuit. The Fire Nation is hardly Japanese outside of their war efforts, being based mostly on Chinese and Thai culture.

Attached: image.png (360x450, 153K)

Hell his name was once a really common one

I would like a storey that was inspired by old South Asian stories. They have some dope stories that can be told and we are stuck with generic fake Japanese or Chinese ones

India and South East Asia does have presence. They're just not so prominent. Also, the backbone of the Avatar franchise is martial arts and while I'm sure India has their own martial arts, it ain't as flashy as their East Asian counterparts

Yeah thats true. Its more of bum rushing and killing people bit they had some dope weapons

Attached: 175px-Ornamental_katar.jpg (175x224, 19K)

It already exists, it's the Avatar live action movie, and much like the country of India it is shit.

Wasn't that how it was though? Yeshua was always working with hard word and hung around with prostitutes yet never fucked them.

Nothing is more manly than working on wood and taking spears on your death bed

POOOO

probably not your questuion, but indonesian fire nation maritime empire would be cash

they were the only good parts of that movie.

>I'm sure India has their own martial arts, it ain't as flashy as their East Asian counterparts
Nigga look up Kalaripayattu

Attached: KALARIPAYATTU-940x671.jpg (940x671, 83K)

reminds me of the Worldbending project a few years ago; ATLA inspired worlds based on a variety of cultures. shit was p neat

>Water Tribe
Inuit, polynesian, south american, sacandinavian, greek
>Fire Nation
Japanese, indian, mesoamerican, roman, anglo-saxon
>Earth Kingdom
China, middle eastern, egyptian, slavic
>Air nomads
Tibetan, native north american, hebrew, celtic

What do you guys think? I'll admit I don't know a lot about the arabic world to properly separate them better

Attached: 1556634947000.png (418x479, 188K)

how about just these regions

Attached: 1558080603193.png (488x551, 156K)

Slavs would be those wierdo waterbenders from the swamp that everybody ignores/has distaste for.

But he is gay.
And black

>native north american, hebrew, celtic.
Not really, they're very much based on Tibetan spiritualism.

Avatar wasn't focused on one country. If you wanted to focus on South Asia you'd have to extend further into the Middle East

I'm not saying what each one is based on. Just what would fit on each

I have this idea about a universe parallel to Avatar based upon Western civilization. The world is a complement to Avatar's Eastern-inspired world & would appear on the other side of the planet in what the creators said was an ocean of nothingness.

>The air nation people is spread throughout the land. They're stateless & super religious. The few who airbend, or manipulate wind, believe they are the chosen ones.
>Fire folk are rather private about their ability. Most of them are redheads.
>Water manipulators are indigenous to tropical regions. Due to the world's reliance on water for transit, they'really the ones with the most power.
>Earth dwellers are mole people. All of them can move stone, but there are very few of them. Their talents are in high demand.

So fire is Celtic/Scandinavian, water is Mediterranean, air is France/Germany/Christianity, & Earth people are gypsies.

Iranians in general are also fire.

I've rather have a native american inspired Avatar.

Already exist
youtube.com/watch?v=sM54NfaXkck

a shit bender?