Star Trek: The animated series

Thoughts on this show?

Attached: tas-guide-cover.jpg (1099x979, 208K)

Was a good opportunity to show off more unique aliens and some episodes inspired TNG episodes. My main problem with it is the changing voice actors. Which is understandable but still unfortunate

Overall... Pretty terrible. The animation is atrocious and the stories are often bad. The plus side are cool aliens and an episode written by Larry Niven

Good times.

It was just like the original show but animated.

It was purrfect

Attached: carlos.png (350x350, 138K)

Haha.

Attached: MRess.jpg (550x480, 30K)

Attached: file.png (440x501, 34K)

did a lot with what it had. pretty good writing about half the time, just like TOS

>changing voice actors.
But they got the original cast

Take the original series. Cut the episode run time in half. Then you give it terrible animation. Finally have the cast just give mostly dull voicing to the characters. The writing can be OK but the animation really brings it down.

Attached: girl fight.webm (960x720, 1.36M)

>My main problem with it is the changing voice actors.

Da fuq?

It’s pretty fun.

It’s good conceptually but the animation was so stilted. It’s a shame because some of the alien designs were great

Attached: 2F6BAC36-2291-4039-837F-989392F81591.jpg (400x237, 41K)

>Finally have the cast just give mostly dull voicing to the characters.
The only one who actually acted was James Doohan. Everyone else slept through their lines so hard.

Cute cat.

They weren't there for every episode, have you even watched it?

For a communications officer, Uhura gets to use a pistol phaser a lot more in her career than most

I really enjoyed it and as said it have a more exotic environments and creatures, sad we didn't had all of that in the next series

the animation is bad but you need to understand the situation of the animation industry when this was released, although I enjoyed some shows of this age like this one and the Space Sentinels

For what they probably got paid, Filmation did a decent job. Imagine what we would've got if, say, Hanna-Barbera had done it, "Jonny Quest" notwithstanding.

At least this is one of the few series they did that survived in its 29.97 fps NTSC format - most of Filmation's catalog was converted to 25 fps PAL for the European market and the original masters destroyed. (Try watching "Flash Gordon" on Pluto TV to see what happens when a NTSC-to-PAL converted animation is broadcast again at 29.97 fps.It's a jerky mess and you cant blame the animators for that.)

Attached: 1447778478876.jpg (1200x1200, 943K)