Is it as good as everyone says?

Is it as good as everyone says?

Attached: 612197.jpg (600x915, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JWwSVOo5K_k
inducks.org/publication.php?c=us/OS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better.

Now Yea Forums, before you answer, raise your hand if this is the full extent of your duck reading, and if you've never read a duck comic before Uncle Scrooge #285 or after Uncle Scrooge #296.

>"The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck!" But never before has Rosa’s epic ― originally told in twelve Eisner Award–winning chapters plus a wealth of "companion" follow-ups ― been fully assembled in the precise timeline of the events they tell! Now join Scrooge, Donald Duck, the Beagle Boys, Flintheart Glomgold, and more for the first-ever complete and chronological Scrooge McDuck biography!

I want to read this for the first time and Fantagraphics just reprinted this story, but I'm worried about this "chronological" thing.

Does it present the story differently from the original published issues?

Attached: Complete-Life-and-Times-of-Scrooge-McDuck-no1-3D.png (400x512, 963K)

Yes

Attached: co 100M GET.png (3608x1480, 311K)

no. Duck comics and Calvin & Hobbes is peak pseudcore and as worthy of merit as Archie

>Salty Capefag
How’s it feel knowing your industry’s dying from its own shit writing?

Attached: 02846B37-4A6E-42D5-9AB5-EC67B6EF1311.jpg (214x200, 8K)

>How’s it feel knowing your industry’s dying from its own shit writing?
not good. it breaks my heart that the public at large will never know the artistic heights achieved by Super Sons

>Super sons
Ah yes, how will the world get by without it’s Superhero-flavored thinly-veiled Fujoshit bait?

it won't. meet me outside the villain Dan Didio's house with torches and pitchforks

The companion chapters are side stories framed as Scrooge, Donald and the Nephews hang out in the bin looking at stuff in Scrooge's family trunk. So when assembled chronologically, it could break some of the story's flow for you in that the ending of the core storyline is all about the start of Scrooge connecting with them.

Also, there's a silly time travel story where Magica tries stealing the Number One Dime when Scrooge first earns it, but realizes that it has no power that way, forcing her to put it back in little Scrooge's hands.

Yeah. It’s amazing. I’ve got the Boom hardbacks. I can’t wait to pick up the new reprints. I think they’re remastered and interpolate the short pieces that were in the Boom companion book.

If you like Duck stuff it’s crucial, and if you’re just curious it’s an amazing introduction.

Scratch that, despite the ad copy, they're keeping the main story and Companion stories in separate volumes.

Not at all, it's about talking ducks. Why would you read it? You're an adult. Go read something more mature. Have you tried Saga? It's got sex in it!

user I grew up reading nothing but Ducks until my dad started teaching me English with his copies of MAD.

Attached: Scrooge in the wild.png (1006x712, 1.13M)

Yes.

It's great, trust me

Attached: shelf3.jpg (2960x1455, 1.09M)

how can you be this pleb

The dialogue is really eloquent for its subject matter.

I actually believe the companion series is more actiony and better written. The companion series includes that 1 chapter where Scrooge kidnaps Goldy and forces her to work with him. The main story did not include that.

I don't know, is it?

Attached: RICH.jpg (1236x1600, 673K)

Ah yes the, "Scrooge and Goldie have sex" story.

Attached: Prisoners of White Agony Creek.png (2225x822, 3.93M)

Yes. Absolutly.

Hot.

So good a guy from nightwish made a fucking concept album about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=JWwSVOo5K_k

No.

It's good, it's really great, but it's not as good as disney-comics-deprived Americans make it.

Yes.

Just read the original TPB version.

It's nowhere near as good as the Barks originals it rips off. It's alright, but it would have no life at all without Barks, and if you've read the original stories, there's no real contest.

I've never read any duck comics at all, but after the release of the new duck adventures I've been curious to try em out. Is Scrooge McDuck a good place to start? Should I read Donald comics first?

"Only a Poor Old Man" was written as a kind of reintroduction for the character and established his canon personality (he was pretty different before that and in particular, varied much more according to the needs of the individual story). It's probably the best place to start. (The Donald comics are great too, but fewer of them are long-form adventures, and going back to them later won't hurt anything.)

If you wanna be Chronological about it, you start with the 4-Color comic publications.
inducks.org/publication.php?c=us/OS

Thanks friends