What would have been the DCAU equlivant to this

What would have been the DCAU equlivant to this

Attached: Screenshot_20190528-175116_YouTube.png (1920x731, 887K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FV7KPa8iuxE
youtu.be/vuKExOmuuvw
youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw
youtube.com/watch?v=puv9B4WhFNk
youtube.com/watch?v=H-edqockL90
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=FV7KPa8iuxE

Flash entering the speedforce.

The whole series was so fucking good.

Nothing, as the DCEU hasn't produced any interesting characters or iconic moments to play on like this. If the DCEU had been handled competently, it should have been the Death of Superman, but Snyder fucked that up by doing it early and making it horrendously shit.

DCAU not DCEU

>OP said DCAU
>you're crying about DCEU

I will never understand how they managed to completely misunderstand how the MCU was structured from the beginning.

Wrong, it'd be this
youtu.be/vuKExOmuuvw

I'm assuming the OP fucked up his letters, as he said what WOULD have been. Not what is. We already know what amazing moments exist in the DCAU.

>"Now I can finally cut loose"
>"AHHH LEX HELP"

I don't understand why they gave a Superman cartoon to a crew that actively hated the character

Attached: 1558987828519.jpg (610x314, 53K)

no user i ment DCAU. If i mention DCEU i would have gone to Yea Forums

presumably because Timm and Dini also made STAS

CDAU is Batwank at it's core

The success of the MCU and the DCAU really make the DCEU stand out as full retard.
Where did you bail on DCEU?
For me it was
>>Batman fights Superman across a city hitting him with X-ray activated missiles, an entire cities power grid, multiple heavy duty construction equipment, and more, in animation and comics.
>>Live action batman, literally hit him with a sink.

Superman dying. Batman dying is expected.

Peach Tea for me

Agreed it is a letdown but they probably wanted the Lex ending while also giving Superman a moment and just didn't have enough time. Would've been nice if Superman had Darksied on the ropes and he would threaten initiating a world ending event and Lex steps in and whisks him away.

Me it would be Superman taking a Kryptonite spear when he didnt need to to kill dooms day

Superman and Lois making out as the ashes of Metropolis rained down on them.

The first Batman v Superman trailer. youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw

DCEU is also Yea Forums, though.

they didn't hate him they just by their own admission had no dea how to write for him

Just came here to say this. Fuck, I'll never stop loving the DCAU. I also wish Phase 2 and 3 of the MCU had been at LEAST on the same quality level as Endgame. What a fucking waste of resources

Attached: 1111250-kingdom_come_4_191_never_ending_battle.jpg (1244x1920, 364K)

Kingdom Come is crap

It's one of the best superhero stories ever written.

I disagree and also think you're an idiot with no taste

Attached: disgust.jpg (302x411, 32K)

Why are we pretending we don't know this? They didn't get here in the DCAU, but if they had, of course it would have been this.
The only way it could be more the same moment is if he said
>I'm Batman.

Attached: batman02.jpg (1280x1996, 697K)

I must now drop everything else i'm doing right now to change your mind, as I value your opinion above anything else.

This was great at the time, and then transitioning to Dick-bats and then was ruined by both these characters inevitably returning.

Though we can say this for a lot of stories and character.

I agree with you 100%, user.
I still argue that the Batfamily was more interesting with Bruce "dead," than it has been since he came back. I remember getting to the end, and seeing this page, and being shocked, because as I recall, that issue was released 6 months after the release of The Dark Knight, when Batmania was off the charts. They should have actually killed him, and left him dead, because all that has happened since his return is DC trying to put the Batfamily character growth toothpaste that happened when he was gone, back in the toothpaste tube, and they've done so as cleanly as you'd expect, and Bruce has just felt like he holds back every one of his proteges that have become more interesting than him at this point, that he still gets to reign over because he is Bruce Wayne. It's bullshit.

Attached: Superman Batman Final Crisis.jpg (1000x1500, 298K)

BLACKEST KNIGHT
or

it would've been fine if they had stuck with the Batman Inc. status quo, but Snyder had to come in and hack it up.

Huh, are the Batmen still around? I remember seeing Knight and Dark Ranger somewhere.

Morrison is the only modern writer i trust with writing Damain, the Club of Heroes, Pyg and so on.

I'm glad Snyder went and made his own thing instead of fucking up everything Morrison carefully crafted over the years

Can't speak to whether you should trust him with the Club of Heroes or Pyg, but Tomasi has put more work and character growth in Damian over the last 8 years than anyone else. You should trust him, at least on him.

Yeah, def something to do with Batman's death. Movie would have cribbed material from Final Crisis like Endgame and Infinity War did for Hickman's Infinity and Infinity Gauntlet.

The DCAU equivalent would be Batman using the anti-life equation to kill Darkseid and his army then dying afterwards.

Yeah, Tomasi is the only one that could actually do it, but DC for some fucking reason, always give the keys to the kingdom to sub-par, stupid writers like Snyder, King and soon, Bendis.

I have never cared for Tomasi. He always seems like an also-ran.

He made one of the best single Batman issues of recent years.

Attached: robin requiem.jpg (1249x1920, 464K)

not crashing and burning on arrival?

i mean fuck they were going what four years before they canned the shared continuity and just said fuck it it's kind of the same universe don't look too close at it?

so Justice League should have been their Iron Man 2, but it somehow managed to be worse, which is impressive

by that logic they should be putting out their Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldiers this year but you know

cancelled

so to answer your question we'll never know, but I'm going to share a little insider secret from the desk of Geoff Johns with you: the 10-year big deal DC movie for 2023 was going to be Metal Men vs Killer Moth: Fuck Your Noise

Superman was beating the shit out of Darkseid until he pulled out that his little pain matrix shit which he made because he knew he might lose.

It'd be this.

Attached: image_3-720x583.jpg (720x583, 108K)

that's the only good issue he's ever done, and surprise it doesn't have any dialogue. I'd give Gleason far more credit for that issue than Tomasi.

And despite that, he is the only writer who gives Damian different characterization than how he was in Batman and Son. He has put in the work to show how he has changed from there, how he has chosen to relinquish defaulting to brutality, how he has allowed himself to care for and be cared for by others, how he has embraced his own father not as a rival but as a mentor and comrade in arms. Don't get me wrong, he is still arrogant and condescends, but when anyone else writes him, he is just completely unlikable. When Tomasi writes him, its not charming, but elicits a very "Oh, Damian" eyeroll sort of reaction, because while Tomasi will write him behaving that way, in a much more subdued manner, he also writes him performing unsolicited acts of kindness for those whom he cares about. It's a lot of little things, but it is something he has put the work in, from his first issue of New 52 Batman and Robin, through Robin Son of Batman, into Superman and Super Sons.
Morrison may have been the one to give us Damian, but Tomasi is the one who has truly breathed life and characterization into the character that only Morrison comes close to.

>Ok we got this sword but it's really radioactive! Who should use it?
>Radioactive man?
>Radsuit Steve?
>Rad powered Cyborg?
>Normal Jeff
>Normal Jeff later died from Radiation poisoning
>"HOLY SHIT, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!"

The entire Batman and Robin run was great.

Careful, user. Others insist that Batdad losing Batson, and going to extreme lengths at the first sign that he might be able to bring him back was poor storytelling, and out of character for a man who dresses like a bat to take the law into his own hands, and in no way something a father with his talents, skills, and resources would do in that context, because he might not be a Gary Stu if he made questionable sentiment-based decisions during times of particular trauma.

Luther using the anti-life equation to destroy darkseid

Attached: 0B75DE66-4F36-4CBB-AAA7-1CFFF88B0397.jpg (700x368, 45K)

I wasn’t looking hard enough at Tony’s hand in this shot. Was he holding the stones directly on his bare hand or something?

he just reconfigured his armor into an IG

Pretty much

Attached: 1553390531094.jpg (990x5312, 2.76M)

>Self absorbed main director who refused to see the bigger picture
>detached executives demanding a MCU killer yesterday, about 10 years too late
>chaotic development cycle full of drama and legal disputes with no real foucs or plan
>endless "course corrections" that further damaged the coherency and tone of the films
>incredibly weird/outdated marketing and pr, especially when it came to the actors
>mishandled nearly everything, neither learning from mistakes or capitalizing on success

Literally an example of how not to be competitive. They did everything wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=puv9B4WhFNk

How could you fuckers forget?

They understood it but they just wanted to be able to do what they did and catch up by taking shortcuts. A company isn't going to like the idea of waiting 10 years to slowly build up a cinematic universe when another company is already years ahead and making bank. They wanted to go from Ironman to Infinity war in like 5 movies.

Because in terms of stylish heroic sacrifice to take the big bad off the table, it isn't the best comp?

>implying Thanos was the big bad
>implying he wasn't trying to starve gluttony mode Galactus

Batman going to apokolips to get his son is entirely within character, what the fuck is wrong with Yea Forums

>"Why did you say that name?"

>Not the Hal edit

no one ever said that, they just thought it was wanky that he got Mega-Super-Anti-Darkseid armor and beat up Darkseid single-handed to do it.

>A company isn't going to like the idea of waiting 10 years to slowly build up a cinematic universe when another company is already years ahead and making bank.
True, but successful companies that take the time to recognize how their competition got up and running, and making money, would have accepted the 10 year plan despite not liking it, because it is how Marvel pulled it off. In fact, let us not forget that WB was in a position of power that Marvel didn't even have, because they knew a shared universe could work, which Marvel didn't until they saw the positive feedback to the Avengers Initiative scene. They had to mobilize their creatives to meet the demand they saw. In WB's case, had they known to plan for the big picture from the get go, they could have known to begin production on two movies to be released in 2014 that followed up on the plot to MoS. Heaven forbid they followed up a better MoS with Wonder Woman, at least, possibly pushing back a proper World's Finest to 2015 if they wanted to have a couple years between DK Rises, and the introduction of a new Batman.
2016 is when you have a Flash solo with Bruce meeting him at the end, and a Green Lantern solo with Superman meeting him at the end, and boom, 2017 rolls around and you're introducing Cyborg into your live action version of JL War, and if you have been faithful to the characters, and made them likable to the masses, without front-loading your introductions to them with bullshit that turns them off, you have your JL movie coming out in the same timeframe as you did, except people are invested, and you got to bypass the time it took Marvel to jump from Iron Man to Iron Man 2 to Cap and Thor. But that takes wisdom and business savvy to know why your competition has been successful, and a smart application of hindsight to know what was necessary and what wasn't.

Oh. He was wearing that super armor that was supposedly built to do exactly that wasn't he? And didn't it almost killed him just by wearing it?

That was post-FC and post-N52 Darkseid though. It was a fragment of an avatar.

That armor almost killed him dude.
There was some in plot reason where if he went to long or too hard with it, it was fueled by his life force, or some shit and would kill him, and of course, Bruce has no care of self or governor so he went full throttle and Alfred and everyone needed to tear it off of him when they got back to the cave...before he put it in his Moon Base, and Lois needed to borrow it to help Superman and Jon fight the Eradicator.

Attached: 1406125689771.jpg (1988x3056, 1.65M)

"almost killed him" does not excuse wank

>"Then I'm overqualified."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Attached: 1558032197848.png (903x455, 585K)

>What would have been the DCAU equlivant to this

Shit

True, but being able to layout Johnseid, and not even kill him isn't exactly wank.
Don't get me wrong, I despise Batwank, but that suit almost cost him his life just to be able to give him a fighting chance on Apokolips. If he could use to to go defeat Darkseid and liberate Apokolips, you'd be 100% right, but from the beginning, that was only meant to be a stealth incursion to get Damian back. Bruce only fought Darkseid because he showed up, but that was never the intent, and just because he sent him flying into a couple of walls, Darkseid never looked out of control in that fight. So Bruce could defend himself, risking his life as he did, but there is a reason they left Apokolips as soon as he had Damian, because long term there is no way he was going to win that fight.

Attached: 68036955.jpg (1988x3056, 1.2M)

wrong

Attached: the-death-of-barry-allen-in-1985s-crisis-on-infinite-earths-which-isnt-exactly-what-happened-in.jpg (1300x960, 349K)

Considering the "quality" of version of DoS that we got, you're both right.

I don't get this scene, how did he make the stones move themselves to his armor. Was it something like a backup plan and he built an armor capable of using the stones?

>how did he make the stones move themselves to his armor.
Nanomachines, son

nanotech

>I still argue that the Batfamily was more interesting with Bruce "dead," than it has been since he came back.

Absolutely. To me the most interesting thing about Batman is the Batfamily and trying to sort out Gotham and lower tier stuff, maybe occasionally drawn into Justice League shit. Batman shouldn't be a normal Justice League member as that should be all higher-tier world-crisis group, with lower tier stuff (Batman, Green Arrow, etc) stick to their own cities more or less.

This is accurate.

I never even started the DCEU.

based

based

Nanotech, son. You can see it fighting back against the energy of the Stones as they threaten to overwhelm him.

Tbh the second half of Endgame felt pretty underwhelming. It wasn't terrible but I certainly didn't find it entertaining.

Why was the art so shit in this? Bats looks straight out of the Adam West show

Attached: IMG_2386.jpg (600x300, 39K)

How come the dcau was so good but the MCU so awful??? Did Kevin Feige ever even read a comic book???

Alex Ross can't tell a story with art. He should just stick with covers
Also the story is pedastrian

At that point J Williams III was very much considered one of the industry greats. He had a realistic look that wasn't as static as Alex Ross. In that case, Bruce had been hooked up to a machine for weeks. No one knew what he looked like, and if you look at his mask, there are holes in it because they were probing his consciousness, trying to create an army of Batman clones. Within the context, the costume should look pretty hagard, but on top of that, Williams was supposed to draw the whole series, and ended up falling behind, which is why Doug Mahnke had to fill in to help him, like you see there.

>Did Kevin Feige ever even read a comic book???
Yeah, user. I'm pretty sure he's read a few.

Attached: thanos-snap-103596.png (600x893, 1.01M)

JG Jones drew that, not JH Williams

>quick google give me the first image for thanos
Yeah, Kevin probably can't even read.

this

Oh fuck, you're right. My mistake. Apologies for giving out bad info.

Actually had that saved, but thank you for thinking it'd be the first thing that would come up.

meant for

You are wrong on both accounts but thanks for chiming in.

nah. Feige has literally never read a comic book. Just because you like MCU doesn't mean you have to pretend that the producer is some comic nerd . Like what's even the point
Tim Burton never read comics and he made two beloved classics . Doubt MARIO Puzo or Nolan read any comics either
(I think Raimi was an actual Spider-Man fan though)
Stop taking everything to personally when someone insults your daddy Feige. It's embarasing. He'd probably laugh at losers for reading this stuff anyway. He makes mediocre films for Chinese people anyway .

>Feige has literally never read a comic book

source?

Why are you responding to a post that was responding to one with a completely different topic?

>You are wrong on both accounts but thanks for chiming in.
>Alex Ross can't tell a story with art. He should just stick with covers
>Also the story is pedastrian

We'll find out next season during Crisis.

Does dropping out at man of steel count? That movie is still my most hated thing in the DCEU

Attached: 1402043154316.jpg (166x220, 13K)

Batman kicks Darkseid in the balls and takes the mother box/whatever the macguffin is.

I can improve Man of Steel as a movie by a full letter grade by changing a single fucking scene - set the big fucking machine Supes has to break in Metropolis instead of the middle of nowhere. Have him nearly crushed, only to rise above as millions look on, cementing him as their hero.

Bam, people have a fucking reason to like Superman beyond destroying half the city tussling with Zod.

Attached: 1558892964416.gif (740x555, 90K)

Superman sacrificing himself to kill Lex Luther's monster. It ready happened. And seeing how Batman v Superman never had a sequel as Justice League was cancelled, following the tragic death of Zack Snyder's daughter, his death is final.

It fucking SHOULD have been Superman meeting Steppenwulf.
>Both are aliens that are like gods to Earthlings
>One is an elitist conqueror who views the Earth as his birthright and it's people as ungrateful for not placing themselves beneath his heel
>The other is a humble farmboy who is the adopted son of the Earth, and feels both eternal gratitude to its people but a duty to defend them
>Steppenwulf can't fathom why Superman would ever bow to people who owe him their worship
>Superman in turn insists it's the other way around, and him that owes everything he is to them
But no lol punchemup and Flash-cucking

Attached: who the hell is bruce wayne.png (833x650, 711K)

>equlivant

Illiterate.

He's going to kill... MARTHA!

The problem was Batman hurting and torturing his other sons because Damian is the only that matters. That was the problem. That Damian > the rest because of blood.

I can't believe this was a real.

That sounds fucking amazing.

Remember that time Bruce almost broke his hand punching Superman because he was pissed that Superman wouldn't let him kill the Joker who had just killed Jason?
Remember when he was choking out Lex Luthor who killed Dick to deactivate the trap that had threatened his life, before he was resuscitated?
Bruce hurting people as a response to the death of one of his sons is about true to the character as dressing like a bat.
As it is, he was already hurting his other sons by that point, in Dick's case just to shut him up and prove that he was right about the Court of Owls by punching him in the face to knock out a tooth, and I seem to only recall Frankenstein being "tortured" because Bruce took him apart to try to understand how he had been able to come back to life.
If anything is the problem, it is that you think Bruce was more ruthless and brutal than he was before and has been since. He is a fucking asshole who mistreats everyone around him, Damian included. The only difference then was the source of his pain, and end goal he sought to achieve with the application of his wrath. Take away the death of Damian and he might have gone from an 11 to a 10, but he still would have behaved mostly the same to many of the same people because that is who he is.

Batman shooting Darkseid

Onions

Season 1 was terrible. But yes, overall it was great.

The other comics aren't the problem because that's Bruce caring for Jason and Dick, his sons. Tomasi comic was all about how Damian is more important than everyone else because blood and legacy.

I feel like Martian Manhunter always got jobbed harder
He was always like
>With my telepathy i can- AAAAAARGH

user, each example I gave was from other comics. So that's hardly
>Bruce caring for Jason and Dick, his sons.
Bruce knocked out Dick in Batman. He beat the shit out of Jason in RHatO. Just because he does nice things in the other books doesn't mean he isn't often an abusive asshole in them. And Tomasi didn't write the other books, so it isn't just him writing Bruce mistreating the other Robins. And as for Blood and Legacy, lets not forget that just because Tomasi doesn't acknowledge it, Bruce still has the cloning machine in the Batcave so Bruce Wayne will always be Batman. What a Legacy.
So Tomasi writing a Batman and Robin comic that happened to be about Bruce and his biological son, who was and is Robin doesn't seem like a stretch. I'd wager if Tomasi was writing Bruce when any other Robin died, he probably would have had him go down the same dark path.

It just was too over-melodramatic, over-the-top, shitty, and playing favorites. It reminds me of King's run with the Catwoman shit. Where Catwoman is more important than everyone else.

Absolutely this, desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=H-edqockL90

You guys are one of the reasons the Justice League movie sucked so much ass. You guys only are happy when Superman is being wanked out of the wazoo with powerlevels bullshit.

>playing favorites
user, you do know that a shitload of writers start as fans, right? So they usually have favorites when they come in to write. Sometimes they love characters before they are writing them, other times they learn to love them while writing them, but playing favorites happens on many more books than just Tomasi's BaR.
>It reminds me of King's run with the Catwoman shit
Which reminds me of Dini's Heart of Hush.
Writer's ship characters, and these days more than a few grew up watching Adam West and Batman Returns.

Superboy punches reality

The sad thing is a lot of you forgot they already did this in Snyder's Batman vs. Superman.

It's fine. I forgot too.

When will Cass get played favorites so she can hug more people?

Attached: 1541019952317.png (418x631, 676K)

It's fine having having favorites, bro. The problem placing your favorite character above all else, worse yet is shitting on every other character to elevate your favorite. That's the problem with that Tomasi arc and with King's run. That and the over-melodramatic and dumb writing.

yeah, definitely the fans' fault and not the people who made the movie

The people who made the movie were worried as fuck about placating the crying Superman fans, and there were actual Superman fanboys working on it.

Here they are.

Attached: savage time cass and tim.png (461x346, 180K)

>Why are we pretending we don't know this? They didn't get here in the DCAU...
>OP Specified DCAU
>DURR WHY NOBODY MENTIONED THING FROM NOT DCAU HURR???????
What the fuck is wrong with your brain?

Attached: disabled.png (638x359, 247K)

but you are expecting WB execs who dont understand the characters to try and be patient. That ain't happening.

Then they should have done a better job shouldn't they?

>Where did you bail on DCEU?
Don't save kids or me invulnerable son!

This

Luthor defeating Darkseid in his Power Suit. He did it with style.

Batman with kryptonian powers. Contrive some serum or material that kills whoever uses it after awhile.

Darkseid in the DCAU was legit terrifying and menacing. What part of "I am many things Ka-El, none of which you can understand" did you not get?

Attached: 1496612094604.jpg (944x368, 126K)

>Iron Man sacrifices himself to save humanity
>Superman selfishly lets innocents die in order to save his human crush

DCAU Manhunter and MCU Vision are pretty similar when your think about it
>similar(ish) power set
>similar demeanor and personality
>both should be among the most powerful heroes in the universe on paper
>are complete fucking jobbers

Attached: 3E575C09-5CB1-410F-A356-82DE9499A870.png (1676x2312, 2.42M)

unironically
>martha!
ive lived the southeast for my entire life and ive never heard of peach tea.

>thinking the ALE is some tangible thing that can kill people if its in the right hands

wew lad

Real talk. Tony Stark should not have been able to use the Infinity Stones. We've seen in canon how a stone has to first be fully absorbed by the person before it can be used, and how with lesser life forms it will kill the user long before they can wield it. A Terran would die effectively immediately if they tried to touch even one stone and Tony should've disintegrated more or less immediately.

tony stark was gonna die, and goddammit if he has to be invincible to die, then so be it

I see what you did there and honestly I like it. But my point still stands

the whole thing with endgame is that tony was going to die, and the rest of the team were to break apart to get the new team in for the next phase. it makes sense from the writers point to kill him off. but yes, if we are going by the continuity established in the mcu then cap marvel should have done it to die, because i think shes vulnerable to the power stone and using it would have surely killed her, but she only had one movie, so cant kill her too early. if someone were to live, but still snap thanos it should have been peter quill because he can withstand the power of at least one gem.should have been based antman to do the killing though